Author Topic: Tibetan High Meat  (Read 7745 times)

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Tibetan High Meat
« on: March 04, 2010, 04:34:35 am »
Just spoke with a neighbour from Tibet, who told me about their version of it. They simply put it in a sheep's stomach and kept it. Apparently it was delicious, a real treat.
Cheers
Al

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Tibetan High Meat
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 06:23:49 am »
It probably healthier and more natural that way. Thats pretty cool.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 08:09:24 am »
Just spoke with a neighbour from Tibet, who told me about their version of it. They simply put it in a sheep's stomach and kept it. Apparently it was delicious, a real treat.

does your neighbor still eat high meat?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 08:33:32 am »

How long do you keep the meat in sheep's stomach?
What meat?  Also sheep?
Maybe I can try this with goats.
Goats stomachs are available in my locale.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 09:07:45 am »
I've had this idea for a few days now.  There was some discussion either initiated by me or someone about burring meat in the ground, but no one really had a good answer as to how to keep varmits  and bugs out of it while getting high.  My idea is to go out in the field and find an area where ground animals haven't burrowed, and dig a hole.  After about one or two feet down, gather the dirt and either put that in a box and burry the meat in it, or, more likely for me, would be to add water to the dirt, and then strain the water, which should have  a lot of the dirt bacteria in it now, and rinse the chunks of meat that I am making high meat with, thus innoculating the meat first.    Any ideas?

I am taking the dirt a foot or two down to avoid parasite eggs etc...  thinking that the upper foot or two of dirt would act like a natural filter for most things except leeching bacteria as the rain water percolated into the ground below.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 12:17:41 pm »
By coincidence, I was just reading about how Tahitians ferment shark livers in the stomachs:

"Shark stomachs containing shark livers from Tahiti, hanging in the trees to ferment. Photo courtesy Kay Baxter."
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 12:31:55 pm »
it amazes me how far we are from this place (eating)...

no longer intuitive, i learned from you guys about aging meat.. and if anyone ever saw my kitchen it would be something foreign, illogical, and repulsive to them

William

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2010, 12:12:35 am »
AV learned to make high meat from Inuit, who buried theirs in cool or cold dirt - no critters AFAIK. Looks like the  earth temperature is important for this.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2010, 01:15:29 am »
yeah,  I have my meat in glass jars in a cooler on the back side of my house, in shade, which this of year is about earth temp.   thanks

Offline Ouchburns

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2010, 02:24:25 am »
I need to make some high meat, I hear nothing but great things about it and its benefits.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2010, 06:53:09 am »
2 days and mine is ready......
Cheers
Al

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2010, 09:24:24 am »
What happens if you make high meat at room temperature? I'm gonna antsy, I hate waiting for mine. Its already been like 2 months in the firdge and it doesn't smell all that bad
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2010, 09:52:17 am »
What happens if you make high meat at room temperature? I'm gonna antsy, I hate waiting for mine. Its already been like 2 months in the firdge and it doesn't smell all that bad
It just goes quicker. Make sure you air it frequently enough though and I don't think you'll have any negative effects from a warmer culture temperature.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2010, 10:26:47 am »
it amazes me how far we are from this place (eating)...

no longer intuitive, i learned from you guys about aging meat.. and if anyone ever saw my kitchen it would be something foreign, illogical, and repulsive to them
you go girl!! that's a true feature of a paleolithic tribe's kitchen. my back home, they burried the wild caught very oily river fish in ground for months. i love that type of rotten fish. so, tasting high meat is nothing to me. the smell of high meat reminds me of the smell of rotten fish. this is so funny that the people who eats stinky stuff, they smell actually better. ;D
bugs or country chickens

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2010, 09:10:43 pm »
What a hum!!!!!! I open the bottles at one end of the garage and instantly the whole place is ripe.

BTW does it matter which one to eat first? I made some with fish (haddock), beef, and chicken.

Also is there  any special time to eat it or any spice to eat with it ?

Cheers
Al

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk