Author Topic: UK (London) Westonaprice Festival For Traditional Nutrition  (Read 8070 times)

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
UK (London) Westonaprice Festival For Traditional Nutrition
« on: March 06, 2010, 04:42:19 pm »
For those living in the UK Barry Groves will be speaking at the "Westonaprice Festival For Traditional Nutrition" in London on 21st March 2010

http://www.westonaprice.org/Wise-Traditions-UK-2010.html

Nicola

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: UK (London) Westonaprice Festival For Traditional Nutrition
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 04:34:57 pm »
£40/£50 pounds for a lecture on a lousy cooked, neolithic diet? Good god! I can go to free lectures in London of far greater value.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline MrBBQ

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 10:42:47 pm »
LOL...I agree - I would have to be dragged kicking and screaming, never mind parting with my spendo's...Touché! ;-)))

Wasn't there some kind of contaminated raw milk at one of these events, which poisoned the delegates - I reckon that prob'ly stirred things up a little...

Lectures on early-late paleoliths, or just general free lectures in London? It must be great to live in London with all of these choices everywhere. I'm from the sprawling metropolis that is Sheffield, although I rarely get to benefit from free lectures on interesting themes like primitive nutrition/lifestyles...
When hungry eat, when tired sleep - this is the essence of Zen...

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 10:51:57 pm »
Well, there are free lectures that universities offer. Plus, if one looks around there are various free events/lectures offered by various societies. But not any lectures on early/late palaeolithic period, AFAIK. I would have to become a serious student of anthropology/archaeology to find out that kind of stuff. What really annoys me is that there appear to be a large number of studies on the palaeolithic era which are unavailable to the public unless each person is willing to pay a fee to view  even just 1 study.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 05:06:23 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline michaelwh

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 01:58:51 am »
What really annoys me is that there ppear to be a large number of studies on the palaeolithic era which are unavailable to the public unless each person is willing to pay a fee to view to view even just 1 study.

University libraries subscribe to a large number of electronic journals. Anybody can obtain a member card to a university library, for some yearly fee. Then you can access the full texts of these studies, without having to pay for each individual article.

Offline jessiesimpsons14

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 09:56:33 am »
I've witnessed this event and its really great. I enjoyed the whole day of festival.
I like people who loves fallow deer hunting and sika deer hunting adventures. Anyone here?

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 02:55:54 pm »
I've witnessed this event and its really great.

Nice to hear it was enjoyable, Jessie.  When does it occur?

Has anyone every told you that you look exactly like Sheldon Cooper on BBT?

"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk