Author Topic: Journalistica  (Read 71157 times)

William

Re: Journalistica
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2010, 08:58:36 pm »
the only other thing it might be is the frozen pork suet I eat. I've been eating it for over 6 weeks, and it hasn't appeared to cause any problems, but its admittedly kinda dodgy.

I quit eating all pork, partly because of the occasion strange off flavours, then the gut ache, and also the USDA record that swine feeders are allowed to feed them various noxious stuff, including garbage.
So I would suspect the pork suet.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2010, 09:24:59 pm »
thanks, yeah I'm suspecting that more myself, as my initial statement isn't totally correct in that I have had some mild nasuea on and off that has prevented me from eating much. I never have undigested fat (or meat) in stools, but is it possible that dense fat stays in the stomach?

It kinda puts me in a bad position of what TO eat. I'm not sure If raw butter causes me any drastic issues, but I have a hard time eating it in any sufficient quantity without feeling queasy/due to taste. The pork fat is supposedly pastured, but that doesn't necessarily mean 100%. It doesn't taste off to me, and so far hasn't caused such a problem, so I don't know if its due to a bad batch or if my system is weakening

On occasion I can get some grass-fed organs (frozen) but my only other options would be hormone free grain fed marrow bones and beef suet from Whole Foods. Also eggs I suppose, but I can't eat that many whole eggs a day either before I get sort of nauseous. The only way of getting more then the minimal amount of cals is eating some combination of the above, and usually this result is closer to under eating.

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2010, 02:26:59 am »
I never have undigested fat (or meat) in stools, but is it possible that dense fat stays in the stomach?
I highly doubt it. Almost all of my fat is dense beef suet and I have fairly good elimination and no signs that anything is building up in my stomach. I've been eating this way for months too. So, through anecdotal experience, I'd say no.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2010, 03:04:30 am »
heh, well I wasn't suggesting that is what typically happens, only if it might be possible that it could stay. I agree this is probably unlikely, and now I remember who said it and they wern't exactly reliable. however when I finally did a little vomiting, this was like at least 36 hours after eating, and there was no watery quality or sign of other gunk, just white pastyness.

My appetite in general is always low, and barring entertainment foods I tend to eat even less, but I seem to be going in the opposite direction as one would expect on this path, where food is becoming less palatable and have less desire to eat, even when I'm active. So I wonder if a component is biological. Like I don't see how my digestion or HCL could have gone downhill (if this is indeed the case) since I started, as I sleep alot, am active, eat only two simple meals, and never seem to have any stomach distress other than the occasional mild nausea. I mean, just a week ago from anyone on the outside looking in, it would appear that my health was improving. But in my eyes I was still losing weight at a slow rate and have the same energy issues, and it made total sense because even for an inactive person I would have rarely been eating enough, so at least its likely I'm absorbing the food I do eat well, but I need to figure out a more stable food plan.

ate some papaya after 60+ or so hr. fast. Then I actually had a decent helping sauerkraut and a little frisee salad. which I think is the first salad/vegetable I've had in over 2 months. some olive oil and ACV. I'll probably try a meat meal later as I'm no longer really nauseous, and I had yet another regular bowel movement. I do now have a sore throat, which could be runoff fromt he other thing or spurned by the fasting. At least the carbs don't seem to be bothering me at all.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 03:20:55 am by KD »

Offline Paleo Donk

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2010, 05:19:34 am »
Have you ever been checked for hypothoroidism? Do you have cold hands or feet often?

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2010, 06:12:44 am »
Have you ever been checked for hypothoroidism? Do you have cold hands or feet often?

yeah, I get pretty extensive medical tests done every so often, and just had em done a few weeks ago. According to them my thyroid is in good shape, same with kidneys and b-12 (which used to be a problem). My body temp seems to be pretty much on the warm side (well actually low compared to 98.6, but I mean feeling warm when others arn't), this was definitely a new experience with the chills. For awhile it seemed my circulation wasn't so great (limbs falling asleep here and there) but I havn't noticed that in recent weeks either.

-

Just had a few oz of fatty chuck, that was about all I could take. :/

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2010, 09:18:47 am »
dug into my high meat twice today. Its only 4 week old, but was already partially liquid but not the pieces on top. I've been airing it mostly every other day or so. It wasn't slimy enough that I couldn't rip it apart into even smaller pieces tho, which is what I did. I had it after each meal at the advice of a friend. I just fake chomped on the little pieces a few times and swallowed whole. The aftertaste was  but other than that it wasn't as bad as I expected, although the second time after 4-5 very small tears I gagged pretty bad. We'll see how it goes down in a few weeks. Or I might just eat some every day this week and then decide if I'm going to change up the diet completely with starch and such.

No immediate effects, other than I was able to eat a little more today, but still severely under-eating (like .5lb meat and 1/5 lb butter in 4 days + 1 small papaya and a small salad). Considering I had already lost weight after those pics and before this stomach thing, I havn't lost much numerically these last days as much as one would think, but visually it shows. Right now my appetite shot up so I'm testing out my jerky again, don't have the stomach for any more expired meat, as I haven't got around to shopping with all this crap going on.

on another note, my cracked egg is 6 wk old. and boy is it rank. I don't know if fear is the right word, but something is holding me back from eating it. anyone tried this?

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2010, 09:50:41 am »
Well, I guess I can say I'm feeling somewhat better, although I'm so miffed/concerned about the situation, that I'm having trouble putting that in perspective.

One of the reasons I started fiddling with my diet 5 years ago, other than the fact that I kept getting occurrences of cancer, was I would spend half a year at the gym, then I would come down with some kind of flu (presumably from stuffing myself with crap) and would lose all the progress. I'm sure I still have most of my muscle, but just in 10 days or so I'm looking radically different.

-----

I was able to eat a slightly larger portion of meat maybe .25lb and I ate a few small marrow bones and some tongue, mostly the muscle part. I passed on doing more high meat, but had done twice again yesterday. I Started again with eggs {8) and juice (with some carrots).

meat is still hard to get down and my stomach closes up quickly. I thought partially that was because the meat I had been eating the last few days after being ill had aged poorly and smelled. but the fresh stuff today didn't make much of a difference. Just walking around the store made me feel incredibly queasy.

I did buy a few roots and things, so I guess i'll try those out. Seems to be a little too late of a solution, as my main issue is how to figure out this massive calorie deficiency and fast. Unless I'm going to go way over 150 g carbs, eating cooked tubers is not going to put much of a dent in that, and who would want to eat that much of em' anyway? Even if I start cooking meat this isn't going to help much calorically, unless I figure out how to fix my digestion and can up my fat dramatically.

William

« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2010, 09:41:15 pm »
Even if I start cooking meat this isn't going to help much calorically, unless I figure out how to fix my digestion and can up my fat dramatically.

As you know, I solved that problem with pemmican as carbs were much too dangerous for me. If you can find something else that digests as quickly and easily without the blood sugar cycles of carbs, go for it.

Offline Paleo Donk

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2010, 06:46:38 am »
You might try cooking a bit of meat and seeing if this increases your appetite. Maybe making a bone broth could be an option as well. Also, how was your appetite when you had cancer?

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2010, 10:30:39 am »
hmm, not sure what you are getting at there, I got sick almost 8 years ago, then again almost 6 years. I did conventional treatments, so yeah during those times my appetite was surely affected, and my health in general has been affected of course my that stuff, and whatever other issues caused the problems in the first place. I should have probably not even brought it up, other then the fact that I wanted to hammer home how much even with those problems that my diet choices were based on more cosmetic things.

When I finished treatments I just continued drinking and living the same lifestyle and felt fine in many ways, I probably ate somewhat better, but I always ate fairly well compared to most folks, with the occasional total junk like bodega food.

Technically other than the constant flus and such I also developed avascular necrosis (hip joint rot) from the treatments and basically the docs told me if I didn't have a hip replacement I would never walk again. So I guess that was really the main motivation for doing raw. So far other than looking fairly young, and not being dead, is my only positive testimonials of diet change. Other than that is seems like a tons of wasted energy and time at the moment. In those 5 years I've been totally emaciated like 4 times for various reasons, and been fairly well built every time in between. So basically I just get really frustrated with loss in progress. I still keep up with the conventional docs if thats what you are thinking?

It was interesting to hear the aajonous lecture about the effects of these treatments. I knew about all his illness but for whatever reason did not know he did conventional radiation and chemo. In fact I thought I heard he believed most people that do so are goners. He is totally right about how it affects your taste buds. I'm sure this has some lasting affect but I've definitely really savored things since then. I feel like it applies towards a much more mechanical and b/w experience of reality as well, that I've remedied someways through various meditation and diet stuff in the past, but overall it is undeniably quite life changing.

-----------------

on that note, trying to stay focused on the fact that I was able to down almost a normal amount of food. I think that should be my goal rather than trying to figure out how to get back anything i've lost right now. it's hard.

I had maybe almost .75 lb meat (shanks that had alot of fat), two marow bones, 6 eggs, some carrot/cuc juice w/parsley and maybe 2 oz of butter. I really regret taking the juices out my diet, they're helping with the stomach/hunger and I can also sneak in more eggs that way.

I got out in the sun and did some exercise today for the first time in over a week. no real problem with strength but I didn't push it.

Even though I've felt less dehydrated than any time to date with this diet, I drank some water after each meal which is really rare for me to consider dong. I got some pain in my rt side, kinda like one gets from running. So I don't know if thats the water or my body is still in a wounded state for digestion. I didn't feel as nauseous today that I notice.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2010, 09:34:00 am »
Well, it seems my digestion (or at least ability to eat) is continuously improving, but my current lack of fat supply is still causing me some additional problems

I've been pretty regularly eating my ~5 wk high-meat, and although I dont feel amazing from it, it seems to have raised me up to general well-being, which I guess is something considering the situation

Other than that I've just been eating muscle meat, tongue, and liver. I'm back doing celery/cuc/carrot juice, and a few eggs when I have them.

I have butter that had gone moldy - either from the power outages I had during the flooding, or just from neglect. I've still been eating little bits, because a buddy said its ok, although with all the other decaying crap in the fridge(including some outright moldy stuff I have thrown out of others) It seems dubious, and especially with my suspected candida/mold issues.

for a few days I had bone in cuts so I was enjoying marrow, but that dried up a few days ago.

I went ahead and finally placed a phone order that I was avoiding doing, and yet I still had no success with getting fat, I got a heavy selection of marrow bones, but hear some varieties actually have very little usable marrow. It won't arrive till next friday anyway.

I tried cooked starch for the first time in 3 months. I steamed some Japanese yam, black turnip, a rutabaga, and some golden beets. They seemed like they would be the most mild and they tasted mildly awful. They also don't seem to be acceptable for my suspected candida issues, I had itching, even in my feet. Could be a combo with the dairy/mold but I don't see how I could get a significant amount of cals from steamed tubers anyway.

I tried eating 3 bananas today and had similar symptoms, also being tired. So I'm really discouraged about how to tackle this weight loss. I'm down to 158, and would be happy to be back at the 165 I was complaining about.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2010, 10:10:36 am »
Some improvements

my appetite is back to normal, and I've been even able to pack in more food successfully in an attempt to gain back weight, just in 4-5 days this seems to have some success.

my energy level is still not great and having reactions still from any kind of carbs. I'm trying milk again that I enjoy, but seems to trigger both fatigue and some fungal symptoms like burning in my feet etc... I really enjoyed going up to the farm though, see the cows and such. The farmer also had some absolutely amazingly healthy and well behaved dogs, that seemed to take a liking to me. They were all wet and smelly but I enjoyed their company.

the other negative symptoms I've been experiencing since my stomach thing is some belching (mild, more like hiccups) and abdominal cramping/tied up in knots kind of feeling. I've never experienced this is 9 mo+ net. of eating raw meats. Also I havn't tested my HCL pills again, but when I did during feeling really ill I took 10 (at intervals stretched out of an hour or so) and it did nada, whereas 3 moths ago when I started with the pills I took 1-2 and got a serious burn, so I discontinued.

Perhaps I should do more extensive experimentation with he HCL pills first, but anyone know of any reason someones HCL could drop so dramatically? or other causes of gut issues or cramping? my elimination still seems to be very good for this kind of diet.

Offline Paleo Donk

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2010, 11:09:09 am »
I have a crack-pot hunch on what HCL supplementation is doing. I don't think it gets to the underlying problem at all and could just be masking symptoms of a dysfunctional gut. Taking HCL could simply fill up your reserves and so you could be fine for some time without supplementation after filling up, but eventually you will run out and thus need more supplementation again. This explains why many people are able to significantly reduce the amount of HCL pills they take rather quickly and then need more at a later time. I've observed this a few times in different journals.

It really makes no sense to me that HCL supplementation would somehow magically and permanently fix endogenous HCL production. In fact, it would make more sense to me that it would make things worse in the long run. 

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2010, 11:25:51 am »
possibly, as this is true for many fixes. I've heard even taking enzymes have this problem. I would think the rationale would be more that the diet would hopefully lead to healing and that the pills would be more of a layover to process food better during that period/supply more nutrients or require less effort.

either way, I've used them more as a litmus test rather then an aid. really I only took them a few times months ago as a quick test to determine if low stomach acid was a culprit in my fatigue and such. when I got the burn the first time or so I pretty much discontinued, as when I took them before meals I got heartburn, suggesting too much acid. the day I took 10 was the first and only day since. I'm more concerned with why I would have the belching/cramps when I never had these problems in the beginning.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2010, 09:54:51 am »
Things are continual improving health wise this week. Numerically I've succeeded in putting on weight. I think visually I still seem down a few but that will probably resolve itself shortly at this rate. My energy is even better (slightly) and I've experienced no candida type symptoms, even though I'm still juicing vegetables(with added whole eggs) and getting alot of carbs now from milk, which is a recent addition. At first I thought it didn't agree with me, but for the time being the positives seem to outweigh any negatives.

I received a diverse package of red meats from slankers including goat and lamb as well as a bunch of bones. To me the marrow honestly doesn't taste any different than the bone-in cuts from WF. The goat is pretty fantastic, another one of those foods which tastes almost the same or better raw (crab so far is high on such list, as with tuna). I havn't been eating much of any seafood, shellfish etc...and am low on organs so things have gotten somewhat repetitive. I've been eating bison suet, marrow, <1/2lb red meat, and smallish quantities of raw butter in each meal (2). The combination might be a bit rough but is also useful for packing in more cals. I seem now since my stomach problem to have minor belching and such with any meal no matter how simple, so I'll probably continue this pattern also for the time being as I havn't had the cramping and so forth even with greater amounts of food now. no one responded to the thread on high meats aobut my white moldy meat, so I havn't risked my progress with that. unfortunately it made me lazy and havn't aired out my other batch either. I should go do that.

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2010, 07:16:40 pm »
The goat is pretty fantastic, another one of those foods which tastes almost the same or better raw (crab so far is high on such list, as with tuna).
I completely agree. When I was ordering from Slankers I'd add a couple pounds of ground goat to each order and ration it out as a "treat". It's a nice fuller-bodied flavor than even the best grass-finished beef I've had. :)
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2010, 09:24:27 am »
not too much to report. Weight has mostly returned and stabilized, so that is good. My energy/well-being is still way below the mark (but still slightly better than when I started back on the raw). I'm considering getting some kind of testing or going about more speculative self-treatments, but I've sort of lost the patience for doing much of anything other than my typical raw eating, lots of sleep, rest, and light exercise. I am doing the high meats but they don't seem to effect how I feel (although I suspect they helped in getting my digestion back on track). Other than that I don't know what else I can do to accelerate the process, which I guess is where my frustrations lay.

I made a bone broth last night (well, I started it the day before and simmered 24 hrs) because I had naively ordered a ton of knuckle bones that had very little usable raw marrow. I ate the marrow and boiled the bones, and some various other bones that I had saved. It was alot less exciting to eat then I expected. Since I was already eating cooked I also had my first cooked 'meat' and ate a fish I've never had called corvina (which is similar to a bass but in some ways is actually like crab flesh) and steamed artichokes. Today I felt a little crappier than usual and had a slight sore throat. Despite feeling sub-optimal and having that stomach incident, I havn't had any cold type symptoms in some time, so I guess I can't handle even the healthiest of cooked foods. I know some raw folks (vegans) think reactions to cooked are 'healthy', but I'm pretty disappointed with my reactions to this and the cooked tubers I tried. Still doing the raw milk, so my carb values are much higher then they were overall and doing juiced greens but I can count the fruits I've eaten in 4 mo on 2 hands. So I'd assume my fatigue has other factors than yeasts.  Although perhaps Its adrenals, protein->glucose, or just slow recovery/detox, although in my past experience, eating a bit of cooked foods has always slowed/ameliorated the latter.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2010, 11:43:41 am »
Well I can safely say now that theres a huge difference between 5-6 wk high meat and ~10 week high meat.

I mean, the first time I had the 5 week stuff I gagged a bit, but figured out that if I chewed little pieces a few times with my wisdom teeth and avoided my tongue, it was a bit kin to taking a shot of crappy alcohol, with a bit more of a nasty aftertaste. Now that I'm used to it its more like eating your grandmothers crappy candy with a smile.

the 10 week stuff (which might be skewed because it was indeed moldy at one time, and seems to have been devoured by the bacteria as it had no taste of mold) is pretty close to coprophagia or probably worse.

the cracked egg which was like 11 wk I just tossed outside. I didn't even think to open it up and see what it looked like, it was so vile. Although I noticed later some animal made use of it. I wonder how it felt?

still no immediate effects from the stuff, although 24 hrs afterward I once again had my second bout of serious stomach distress. This time there was no nausea or bowel insanity, just massive pain. Its hard to tell if this had to do with the high meats as I had a smorgasbord of variables the same previous day, eating poultry thighs and hearts, somewhat smelly goat meat, [edit: left out: some possibly rancid or just plain too fatty dried meat], and suet which seems to be my nemesis. The last time this happened I felt nauseous for days and vomited at least 36 hours later and there was still suet in my stomach (pork). This time I guess it wasn't as shocking or disturbing because I vomited 4-5 hours after a mid-day meal (the following day) after the most excruciating stomach pains. but once again the only content was like mucous with undigested suet fat (no meat) which shouldn't stay int he stomach that long IMO. Although I can say after the last bout hours later which was just clear mucus and some charcoal I finally ingested, I did feel somewhat euphoric and 100% better almost instantly, and today have pretty much no symptoms, although I fasted anyway and ate a small dinner.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 12:37:53 pm by KD »

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 02, 2010, 03:09:28 am »
I was speaking in the 'Asian Squat' thread at that ratio of leg length to torso might be a contributing factor to pull off a successful effortless sit-squat. excess muscle, fat, or the opposite pole of leg:torso ratio would also be major factors.

Here are some various attempts at a feet flat full squat. I left out any attempts to manufacture a flat back posture for a photo, and only did postures that were somewhat comfortable

1-4.
You can see how when I move forward locking my arms over my knees, the more horizontal I become almost like recovering from a jump. Even simply sitting with knees bent trying to curl over my knees, this was actually the most difficult. My hand is my the way but you can see even here that the knee height goes above the arm pit.

I also included a pic of strait back body-weight 'squat' employing a weight. usually I do this with one arm, but it was difficult to hold for the shot as I use some of the momentum of the squat to help raise the weight (shoulder raise). As I was trying to argue in the thread, the whole point of these exercises (weighted or not, or done with a heavy bar) is to engage the musculature of the legs. It is possible to hold a very deep squat in this fashion while putting strain on these same muscles. A full deep sit squat however does not engage these muscles and should be able to be comfortably held for long periods of time without any contraction of the legs, back or abdomen muscles.

6-7.
here is one of the major bridge variations that I do, usually immediately after some kind of upper body exercise, especially if I am outside and in the sun. It looks deceptively easy, but keeping your legs/feet in the position alone is quite challenging. you can see my feet position better with arms raised, although you can also see this has caused a lift somewhat, usually I will not raise my arms.

here is a full 'wheel' type of bridge. I'm pleased with the height and so forth. generally people (although I've usually seen it in women) that are very flexible have far less of a gap between their arms and legs, and some can even walk their way up that way. If I'm just doing a regular bridge I can estimate this somewhat, but it seems raising my hips requires more leverage and distance. It could also be some tightness in my lower back still. The simple bridge I did not include as I don't really do it very often. Its sort of a mix of the two, having your head on the ground and your body making a rigid bracket shape.

I included a basic sit and reach type stretch. Even for my height I'm able to touch my heels over my toes, so general flexibility, abdominal strength and tightness don't seem to be the contributing factors.

here is another type of sitting = )

Offline Paleo Donk

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 02, 2010, 04:57:42 am »
Sweet shorts, I thought only little league Dad's circa mid 1980's wore those things.

Yea, your leg to torso ratio seems to be greater than the asians I have seen squatting and your legs are probably a bit more muscular which as you mentioned will not help either. Seeing that you are already pretty flexible it seems doubtful that you'll be able to comfortably asian squat but you never know what practice can do. Are Asians known for having particularly long torso's? A quick googling says so.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 02, 2010, 05:21:00 am »
haha, yeah I got half a wardrobe full of stuff like this. fierce! I used to have even more, but have moved around alot and lost things.

yeah, my only purpose in the thread really was that these things are factors not that tall or fat people or myself are hopeless. Well, also I think the the advise given about how to do bodyweight squats and calf size didn't seem to have much bearing for myself or I suspect for the OP either, who was talking about falling backwards doing a sit squat. If people really developed their legs and calves, like say a basketball player, they'd be in even worse shape for squatting, even though i'm pretty thin by comparison, tons of bodyweight squats have not been helpful was the point.

http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/general-discussion/cant-do-asian-squat!/msg36664/#msg36664

I'll continue to try various things.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2010, 08:52:25 am »
I just attended my first cross-fit and got my clock totally cleaned. there was only one other guy in the class but both him and the instructor seemed to treat me like special-needs or something. they do like 5 minutes strait of exercises for christ-sakes! high intensity shit, and towards the end you like jump up and down on this box, that when you have no energy from throwing up and down medicine balls and your heart is beating, it starts to seem possible that you will not make it on the box. The second round (I think you only rest a minute) I had to do it really half-ass or risk puking everywhere. My heart just wouldn't stop racing. I tried to tell the instructor I hadn't done any cardio in years and that I considered yoga to be too much cardio. haha. I was mostly hoping to socialize with some health minded people, but they didn't seem like folks i'd want to hang around with, but friendly enough. I'll probably go back at least to get the basic certification (3 class) so I can go to other gyms in the future, but other than the aerobics it doesn't look like a great place to meet girls either. ah well.

not much else is going on, I've found myself with less to complain about these days and sometimes feeling almost normal/good, so objectively that is a huge improvement. eating lots of grass fed liver, goats, bison, marrow, raw butter, and 1-4 meals a week of seafood and poultry, some ground meat and had a whole leg of lamb I've been picking at. I ate some berries and such and seem to be tolerating fruit somewhat better. although I had a green apple and got some feet itchyness. I seem not to get the ear thing or insane fatigue anymore, so perhaps that problem is correcting itself slowly with the high meats and such. I also seem to tolerate beet sugar and vegetable sugar ok mixed with egg. but mostly doing RZC days (with butter).

I'm having both an external and internal argument over salt these days. I do not consume salt. but activity and heat tend to cause various symptoms like cramping, headaches, fatigue etc...some people see this as low sodium, others salt detox and other detox. generally I'd go with the former but when I do try adding small amounts of salt I just get really thirsty and within the next few days I'm almost certain to have a headache. also people who consume salt say its because they sweat so much and need to replace salt. but it seems to be on a no salt diet there is less need to sweat. anyway, there is so many different opinions on this but it doesn't seem to be many fitting the description of no salt: very active (although I wouldn't call myself that per se), lots of time in the sun, VLC (not much hydration from minerals in fruits and veg), and all raw, although apparently there are cooked ZC athletes who consume no salt, and one would think on all raw there would be less dehydration and less need for water, which the pro-salt camps believe flush more salt out when taken in quantity.

just tonight was the first time I've gotten the cramping in awhile though, the workout really shook things up though so I'm more inclined to believe it shook things around, rather than being depleting

Offline Paleo Donk

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2010, 10:21:25 am »
Don't be afraid to not complete some of the ridiculous cross-fit endurance stuff. You can easily get injured, especially early on. I hear they can be pretty fanatical and cultish so not finishing might be hard to do. This reminds me when I was taking yoga classes and realized that I was putting myself through tremendous pain to conform and not look a wimp in front of 40 year old ladies. Once I realized I didn't give a cougar's tit worth I relaxed and didn't strain and finally enjoyed the class.

Congrats on feeling normal, thats huge.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2010, 09:41:35 am »
thanks buddy. yeah I might seem to get down on myself on some things, but as far as competitiveness, or ego, I have very little when it comes to things like sport. It was more of an eye-opener towards the benefits, especially in context of the weight-lifting thread and my inability to keep up with all my extensive body-weight experience and real world lifting.

I went back again today for part I of the actual foundation tutorial. The real kicker was not just that my endurance was off, but that I had alot of sore muscle groups that I clearly never engage in my routines. Tonight we did a basic breakdown on postures for all various Olympic lifting, and breakdowns of other exercises, some of which I was better at than others, like handstand pushups. They do this special kinda of rocking pull-up which I couldn't master, and my form was lousy on some of the barbel lifts and cleans and so forth. Apparently I have alot of tightness in my upper body, despite many years of yoga and diet. Other than that I actually kicked but during the actual time trial, and held back somewhat  because I though it was going to be a double set like last time.

my plan is to go 1-2 times a week throughout the summer doing my normal routine on the side, and then moving on mostly to the gym right by my workplace once I've mastered most of the exercises.

not much else, I finally am taking a stab at internet dating. I figured if I was just as honest as I can be and put it aside and didn't pay it much mind something might just fall in my lap. I didn't mention raw meat, but I did say I'm pursuing a paleo type diet, and that I saw food as nutrition, so wasn't personally into restaurants and drinks etc...and I got a bunch of responses from some beautiful women in just a few days. We shall see how they tolerate high-meat breath.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk