Author Topic: Is it okay to consume raw grain fed beef?  (Read 8884 times)

Offline Dwight

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Is it okay to consume raw grain fed beef?
« on: March 21, 2010, 06:01:00 am »
Because raw fish and eggs doesn't really fill me up, it's really burning a hole in my wallet. It's really, really expensive and hard to get grass fed beef in Singapore.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Is it okay to consume raw grain fed beef?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 06:09:36 am »
Because raw fish and eggs doesn't really fill me up, it's really burning a hole in my wallet. It's really, really expensive and hard to get grass fed beef in Singapore.
It depends on your state of health etc. If you're in real bad health, I would strongly advise you to go in for the grassfed beef and go in for intermittent fasting, and greatly reduce carb-consumption(to 5% not 0% of diet) so as to cut down on food costs.

Singapore isn't too far away from Malaysia(I think?), so perhaps you could save money by going  once or twice a month to Malaysia and buying raw grassfed meats en masse over there. Malaysia, I'm sure, is a lot cheaper than Singapore.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Dwight

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 06:18:15 am »
They wouldn't allow us to bring raw food over to Singapore. I'm not really in a real bad health. I'll try it out and will report back here in a month.

Offline Alan

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 01:10:31 pm »
Dwight, just a few months ago,  i was consuming a kilo or two of raw ground beef every day, purchased at the FairPrice supermarket in Tanjong Pagar Plaza.  Not expensive at all.      Never felt any distress.

You have it all wrong.   The price of ground beef in Singapore is only slightly more than its price in place-of-production= Australia, covering the shipping charges.

Several times I tried raw ground pork and raw bacon.  Any meat which has passed through AgriFood And Veterinary Authority inspection, is safe raw.  I happen to prefer the taste of beef.

Goes great with kape o kosong, for breakfast.  That plaza has benches outside, and the girlwatching is excellent.

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 04:25:09 am »
Yes. I'm zero carb first. I eat mostly grassfed or organic (non grassfed), but I'll eat a ton of regular supermarket meat raw, no problem. I love being ZC and that is the priority food-wise. I have no problems eating this way, only major advantages for my body health and aesthetics.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 03:17:27 pm »
Several times I tried raw ground pork and raw bacon.  Any meat which has passed through AgriFood And Veterinary Authority inspection, is safe raw.

Yes, I believe it may be safe for you and all the raw ZCers in this thread.  I try to keep my carbs very low, and I've tried regular raw bacon (ate a whole package rather than freeze in the snow).  It worked well enough, actually .. it worked surprisingly well :).  Slightly bad aftertaste, unlike free range pure food.  It's not safe raw for everyone though. 

I have known cases of food poisoning including my own (some of the cases fatal) from eating fruit product that had AgriFood And Veterinary Authority inspection passed meat juice drip on it served in a restaurant.  I was not low or no carb at the time, nor anyone involved from what I know.  Most were not vegetarian though, I was at the time.   
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Nicole_German

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2010, 02:45:03 pm »
raw pork is very safe...here in Germany everyone eats raw ground pork (it's like a traditional dish, with onions, salt and pepper on bread)
cheers
Nicole

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2010, 07:02:58 am »
I remember seeing the raw pork dish sold in stores when I was in Germany, never tried it.

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2010, 04:45:24 am »
Yes.

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2010, 05:03:33 am »
Raw grain-fed beef it like my fast-food now...great easy to buy food in a snap.

Last night I stayed over at my friends house, I got hungry at night and ran down to the cheap grocery store and bought a cheapo fatty grain-fed steak and ate it. Not as good as my usual grass-fed beef of course, but is went real nice with my cheap-ass grain-fed beer  ;)

Plus everyone had the entertainment of watching me eat it raw, great party trick ha ha, now when they are around me they feel bad eating too much junk-food, thats always good when it has a positive influence of people, because instead of eating chips I made these guys to get some pineapple & almonds

Offline the PresiDenT

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 07:17:14 am »
Plus everyone had the entertainment of watching me eat it raw, great party trick ha ha, now when they are around me they feel bad eating too much junk-food, thats always good when it has a positive influence of people, because instead of eating chips I made these guys to get some pineapple & almonds
ya i like doing this too:
a) to see peoples reaction (im a bit of a bully at times)
b)to influence/manipulate them subliminally, which it works
c)raise awareness of the truth: aka raw paleo. THEY ALWAYS WANT MORE AND ASK QUESTIONS
The price is wrong Bob

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk