Author Topic: A.L.F. Where to find them and how to get them?  (Read 19856 times)

Offline bravo8

• Forager
    • View Profile
Re: A.L.F. Where to find them and how to get them?
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2013, 04:53:10 am »
HI Im a 21 year old male and saw your post about ALF treatment<

Im from the UK and Am interested in who you see as your post looks good. I have seen a few tmj experts' but to no avail

Rob

Offline Spirit Bear

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2013, 10:54:15 am »
I have a consultation on May 2nd with a dentist to see if I'm a good candidate for the ALF. I'm hoping that along with some podiatric treatment this will be the eventual cure of my myofascial pain syndrome. It's great to read that this device is working well for other people.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2013, 01:26:15 pm »
I haven't read all the posts in this section,,  so have you or your dentist ruled out bruxxing or grinding your teeth at night, which can cause All sorts of  pain.  A night guard is a simple remedy to test for it.  (And your dentist should see evidence of tooth wear is you are)

Offline Spirit Bear

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2013, 02:36:28 pm »
As far as I know grinding the teeth at night is the body's attempt to create the bite it wants. I wear a nightguard and it helped alleviate some tension in my neck, but I have pain and misalignment throughout my whole craniosacral system and down through my feet. The worst symptoms are in my head and neck, including pain in my cheek and temporal region which I'm told is caused by pressure from the maxillae on other cranial bones.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2013, 12:10:51 am »
makes sense,,, in the meantime you also might find a good cranio-sacrem  therapist.  They work on the plates in your skull.  I 've had it done, on a subtle level. 

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2013, 09:52:28 am »
Here is the cheapest alleged orthodontia and night grinding treatment. Cost: $0

Mike Mew BDS, MSc — Craniofacial Dystrophy: Modern Melting Faces

A night grinding success story:
http://paleoperiodical.com/2013/03/18/resetting-my-jaw/

It's also the slowest treatment, not surprisingly.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline bravo8

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2013, 08:30:06 pm »
I'll look into all of those things you mentioned.  (I'm not so paleo puritan as to not have a go with things that might help.)

My main healing "secret" is intermittant fasting.  I'm doing fast-5 (here's the free PDF):

http://www.fast-5.com/

... and then largely raw animal fats and meat.  I'm undecided about trying pure zero carb yet, so I also have a meal of dark berries or stewed greens like spinach or brussels sprouts at 5pm (and eat the meat and fat before bedtime).

I'm also very keen on long fasts, as I've had some miraculous healing during them in the past.  (The bones can still move and grow during a fast - in fact I read somewhere that when salamanders regrow limbs, they always fast during the process.)  I used to fast as a raw vegan, and always felt disappointed that my health seemed to diminish as I restarted eating.  Now I know what I was missing.

I'm very excited about the whole thing too.

Hi stig of the dump, Im from the UK and would be very interested if you could give me some information regarding the treatment your having! thanks (it won't let me message you)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk