Author Topic: Itching  (Read 13700 times)

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Itching
« on: March 30, 2010, 07:39:18 pm »
Did anyone ever experience any itching? The last two nights, when I've been trying to sleep, I've basically been itching all over my head(except face) and across much of upper body(though in certain 'random' patches).

Actually, whilst I don't notice anything similar on my head, some red 'spots' seem to be related to the focuses for my itching on my upper body. I also did get the itching below my facial hair as well as head hair, and my arm-pits. In these places I think I did notice some of those red 'spots'(temporary ones). It seemed to be related to when I have trouble sleeping in general, when I've eaten too much or too late or something and I have too much digestion/energy going on.

I did also wonder if it could be insect bites or something due to the increasing temperature, but I doubt this. We do have windows open in the house though, and I did actually see midgy-looking things flying around a few times. Again though, I think this is coincidental.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 07:45:58 pm by miles »
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Itching
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 07:58:26 pm »
I itch when I eat cooked food.
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 09:15:11 pm »

According to Aajonus, itching is caused by the presence of fungus (usually a detox from antibiotics).

Offline redfulcrum

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 10:39:04 am »
Itching has been around before antibiotics, I think it's herpes or possibly scabies.  Just kidding.  Do you develop rashes or dry skin?  I know when I eat grains/carbs my skin itches more and I develop more acne and dandruff. 
Opening Pandora's boxes, one box at a time.

Offline Nicole_German

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 03:52:53 pm »
I had this once after a while of eating rather lean meat and lots of chicken hearts. Once I upped my fat intake it went away.

Offline tammy123

• Forager
    • View Profile
    • raw food diet
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010, 07:28:53 pm »
Itching has been around before antibiotics, I think it's herpes or possibly scabies.  Just kidding.  Do you develop rashes or dry skin?  I know when I eat grains/carbs my skin itches more and I develop more acne and dandruff. 

Same as with me as, I do have face same problem but, as far as dandruff concerns then, it didnt happen with me but yes, when I eat some food that contains lot of oil then in that case, it causes dandruff.

Thanks

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2010, 09:22:32 pm »
I itch strongly all over my body, nonstop. I noticed eating cooked food triggers additional itching. My head is especially itchy and has dandruff as well.

Offline tammy123

• Forager
    • View Profile
    • raw food diet
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2010, 09:32:34 pm »
I itch strongly all over my body, nonstop. I noticed eating cooked food triggers additional itching. My head is especially itchy and has dandruff as well.

I think there is not a problem with the cooked food because it seems that, some thing is actually bothering you that is may be some kind of allergy so please I will advice you to better consult with a Doctor about this problem.

Thanks

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2010, 09:39:58 pm »
Itching is one of an endless list of symptoms I have. A doctor would either fail to diagnose the problem or aggravate it.

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2010, 11:24:26 pm »
Has it suddenly appeared after introducing something new to your diet?

I've been itching like crazy for weeks now. I've got a strong feeling that eggs have been causing it, so i've cut them out since two days ago. I think it's still too early to tell if cutting them out is helping, but I did manage to stay the whole night in bed last night rather than having to get up in the middle of the night due to unbearable, intense itching.
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline invisible

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2010, 11:17:23 am »
Sounds like sebum related inflammation in your hair follicles. In my opinion (and from my experience) you need more liver for the vitamin A to control this. Try eating an adequate amount of grass fed liver, or taking Dr Ron's raw dried liver supplements everyday.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2010, 04:53:06 pm »
If I have eaten before sleeping, I will get this itching on my body. I get it every few days on my head anyway. I like scratch my head, massage and finger comb my hair for some minutes, then it's gone. It's like pushing the oils away from my scalp, and out on to my hair, some hairs will also come out. My hair looks better after I've done this. I think it must be a bad thing, but this is what I've got to for now... It only started after a certain amount of time on 'raw meat only', which is ZC. However, I do this with grain-finished meat, so maybe this is the problem? When I've had CLO, it has not seemed to help, but I don't remember and am not sure.

Actually, if my hair is cut thin I don't think I get it at all. Maybe it could even be a problem with short, think hair-cuts. Maybe you either need a very short, medium-thin, or full-long natural cut to avoid this.

I just remembered, I actually got this before ZCRAF, just in cooked meat paleo with fruit/veg also. It was only when my hair was really thick but still short... I don't know why. But still, using my hands to comb from root to tip across my hair a few mins seems to sort it, and makes the hair look better too...

Would like replies on whether it could be the grain-finished meat.. Or whether I should give CLO another go, or anything else.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 05:01:22 pm by miles »
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline bonebroth

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2010, 05:22:08 pm »
I reckon you have Seborrhoeic dermatitis. Now relating it to a raw meat/fat diet;

Malassezia growth is supported by saturated, not unsaturated fatty acids. In all cases, pure, unsaturated FAs were unable to support growth of M. globosa or M. furfur. Interestingly, growth of both species was supported by saturated FAs. This is further evidenced by lard, which is rich in saturated triglycerides. Implications for Dandruff and Seborrheic Dermatitis: Previously, it has been shown that: 1.While number density of M. globosa and M. restricta do not directly correlate to dandruff presence or severity, removal correlates directly with amelioration of flaking. 2.In dandruff susceptible individuals pure OA, an unsaturated FA and Malassezia metabolite, induces flaking in the absence of Malassezia7 by direct effects on the host skin barrier. This finding, that Malassezia require saturated, and not unsaturated FAs, coupled with previous data, supports the following hypothesis:

from Wikibloodypedia.

Offline invisible

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2010, 06:01:25 pm »
should give CLO another go, or anything else.

Although this sounds like it makes no sense, Cod Liver Oil didn't seem to be as effective as liver from mammals yet I took so much Cod liver oil I had bad vitamin A toxicity.

Does the cod liver oil make your hair/skin less oily? If you are taking enough it will.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2010, 08:57:20 pm »
Why would it do that Invisible? I'm not disagreeing, just asking =)

Offline bonebroth

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2010, 10:33:38 pm »
I'm surprised that skin conditions are still prevalent on a predominately meat diet. Has anyone seen a sustained reduction in skin conditions/symptoms eating high meat? Does AV say anything about psoriasis? Thanks.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2010, 01:44:12 am »
    My skin was tight and dry and burning and oily and uneven temperature etc before raf.  Since Raf, much better in all respects.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline invisible

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2010, 07:58:19 pm »
Why would it do that Invisible? I'm not disagreeing, just asking =)

Because vitamin A lowers sebum production proportionally to the amount taken.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2010, 08:31:09 pm »
Sounds like sebum related inflammation in your hair follicles. In my opinion (and from my experience) you need more liver for the vitamin A to control this. Try eating an adequate amount of grass fed liver, or taking Dr Ron's raw dried liver supplements everyday.

I think my vitamin A is good enough (since eating this way).  I still have concerns about eating liver.  Liver should have more vitamin D if from grass-fed animals BECAUSE they're out in the sun, right?  How do we know the animals were in the sun though, unless the meat is only from farms we personally spend time at or hunt.  I know wild-caught fish should always be a good source, but I sometimes have a hard time finding terrestrial liver I can be sure about for this reason.

Also, I heard itching may come from liver failure?  (if your liver is ailing ...)  
I think that was on House (tv show) recently.  My skin was kind of itchy before I started RAF.  I assume my liver is healthier and healthier.  I stopped getting regular tests though (they used to test it approx every three mos on ave).  
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk