Poll

Would you like to see the gallery section "members only"? Not veiwable by guests?

Yes
No
Indifferent

Author Topic: Members Only Gallery Section  (Read 7027 times)

xylothrill

Members Only Gallery Section
« on: July 28, 2008, 11:00:01 am »
A member has expressed a desire for the Gallery section to be viewable by members only as a matter of privacy. Please vote (above) and let us know what you think.

Craig

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Members Only Gallery Section
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 01:22:42 pm »
I vote yes because if one member wants it then that should be enough. I don't care who sees whatever of me online but if anyone is uncomfortable then I would go with not making them uncomfortable.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 01:30:12 pm »
Members only sounds good to me.
I usually don't like posting my face around the internet publicly.
This is why I post photos of my kids as my icon.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 06:13:52 pm »
I suppose so.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Satya

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 08:08:17 pm »
Yes, we should have some members only forums.  Why not have some special places where members can post more freely than they might when every Tom, Dick and Harry can come by to look anonymously but never contribute?  With photographs, I am somewhat ambivalent about posting them openly.  Google will snag images off the site and make them searchable, which is pretty dodgy.  Finally, I think it would encourage membership if some areas were only accessible that way.  Perhaps there might be other members only forum suggestions besides the galleries too.  Like personal medical stuff, or something like it.  I don't know, but it would add some class to our rawpaleoforum, imho.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 08:14:03 pm »
Some members might want to post personal questions that they might be too timid to want to appear on open forum - a number of questions posed to me on the allexperts.com website are deliberately chosen to be private.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Satya

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 08:14:52 pm »
But the food gallery should remain public perhaps, since it is encouraging to see what you can do raw.

Satya

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 08:19:48 pm »
Some members might want to post personal questions that they might be too timid to want to appear on open forum - a number of questions posed to me on the allexperts.com website are deliberately chosen to be private.

Exactly!  And that is the beauty of this type of forum, we can have both public and private areas.

xylothrill

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2008, 01:18:01 am »
Okay, no one has protested so it's done!

Satya,

Your cat looks like a monkey to me - its face anyway.

Craig

P.S. Never mind, I just realized his mouth was open. The tongue looked like the bare snout of a monkey with two beady little eyes in the corners.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 01:20:22 am by Craig »

Satya

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2008, 03:36:42 am »
Your cat looks like a monkey to me - its face anyway.

P.S. Never mind, I just realized his mouth was open. The tongue looked like the bare snout of a monkey with two beady little eyes in the corners.

That's Paleodude!  He was yawning when he got his mug shot.

Hey, are you going to offer a "private health" or "medical" members only forum?

xylothrill

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2008, 04:33:22 am »
We could make a whole new "members only" category and decide what to put ünder it later. What do you all think?

Cool cat!

Craig

Satya

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2008, 05:07:07 am »
We could make a whole new "members only" category and decide what to put ünder it later. What do you all think?

Cool cat!

Craig

I think that is a great idea, Chief.  And guests would be able to see the fact that some sections were viewable only by members, yes?  I was just thinking that it might encourage membership and participation if others can see that they are missing something (human nature being what it is).  As it stands now, it looks to guests that we got rid of before and after and exercise galleries.  I can't think off the top of my head what else we might need, but with many heads thinking, I bet that we could accommodate the needs.

Stormy is a cool kitty.  You have probably seen this one before, but here is Paleodude (aka Stormy) having a snack on the grass.

Satya

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2008, 09:54:11 am »
A spirituality forum for members only would be great.  And I would feel very comfortable posting there as opposed to public.  You know, diet and exercise only go so far; all humans practice spirituality of some sort.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 09:59:28 am by Satya »

xylothrill

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2008, 10:04:20 am »
Actually, anything in the members only category would fly as neither non-members nor search engines would be able to see any of it regardless. They would only be able to see the category that they'd be missing.

Am I the only one who saw Stormy with a monkey face?

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2008, 10:09:59 am »
Haha, I read your post about the monkey face and was able to see what you were seeing.

However, you must be quite an interesting person if that's what you saw right away. Not a bad thing at all, mind you. I've done things like that before

xylothrill

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2008, 05:39:35 am »
Haha, I read your post about the monkey face and was able to see what you were seeing.

However, you must be quite an interesting person if that's what you saw right away. Not a bad thing at all, mind you. I've done things like that before

Interesting = weird. I'll admit to that any day.  :)  It was very confusing at first.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk