Author Topic: Searching for an Eczema cure.  (Read 10109 times)

Offline ryanwang

• Forager
    • View Profile
Searching for an Eczema cure.
« on: April 19, 2010, 08:34:36 am »
I have had Eczema for two years now. :(
Right now, it has spread to 70% of my chest, belly and back so it's very painful... :'(
I have the very dry kind. Red patches of skin. Dry and the skin flakes off.
Corticosteroids use to work but not much anymore.
I saw some articles and decided to give Paleo diet a try.

Here is what I think I will eat everyday:

5-10 fruits of all kind.
1 avocado(for fat)
2 free run eggs (for protein)
3 stalks of celery and 3 carrots.
50g of sunflower seeds( for protein)
300g of probiotic yogurt.
2 tsp of olive oil before bed. 

My only problem with this diet is that I'm not getting enough protein. I'm only getting about 30g of protein everyday while it is suggested that I take 90g for my weight and height.
I want to get some fish to help but I don't have a fridge in the dorm and I can only get fish occasionally.
I am also skeptical about eating raw red meat cause I'm afraid there is a lot of bacteria and virus..(like mad cow..) so I'm kinda concerned...

Anyone with any suggestions?
Thank you so much for you help!

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Searching for an Eczema cure.
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 09:13:22 am »
>>> 5-10 fruits of all kind???

You need to clarify what these fruits are.

Seeds are no good.  Throw away the sunflower seeds.

Raw animal food and raw animal fat is the ultimate best.

Read up on the newbie section in this forum.

Stop taking all drugs and let your body detox out the poisons.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 03:55:07 pm »
Here is what I think I will eat everyday:

5-10 fruits of all kind.
1 avocado(for fat)
2 free run eggs (for protein)
50g of sunflower seeds( for protein)
300g of probiotic yogurt.
2 tsp of olive oil before bed. 

The olive oil should be cold pressed or stone pressed.

I think there is too much fruit/veg in the list you described.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 04:15:31 pm »
There is no danger as long as you eat healthy raw grassfed meats, organic if possible, though the grassfed is the only real need), Grainfed meats are the only unhealthy ones.

Nothing wrong re the fruit/veg but you need to eat lots of raw grassfed meats, and preferably avoid the dairy/yoghurt like the plague. Dairy is HEAVILY implicated in  causing eczema.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline ryanwang

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 05:28:05 am »
Thanks for the quick reply guys...
I'm not sure if I can find grass feed meats in my town.
We only have two supermarkets(no frills and sobeys if anybody is familiar with the name.)
There is no farmers market here...

I'm thinking I might be able to add up the salmon portion to the diet if I am willing to go to Sobeys three time a week. It takes about an hour there and back.

The fruits are probably gonna be apples and pears. I don't want anything too sweet cause I think I might have candida.
I heard that raw vegetable is no good? I don't quite understand this part. I'm taking the celery to add some dietary fiber to clean my colon... Plus, carrots and celery are the only organic fruits/vegetables I can find.. There is no organic fruits on sale.. that's insane..

I can throw away the sunflower seeds but I'm also taking organic flax seed capsules(I think I have omega3 deficit..) Is this fine? or should I switch to bottled oil and use tea spoons to take them instead.

I have been on this diet for four days now but on the past two mornings I woke up shivering... My hands and feet are really cold too.. Anyone got any suggestions?

So my adjusted meal plan looks like this:

5-10 fruits of apples/pears
1 avocado(for fat)
2 free run eggs (for protein)(I'm blood type B is this OK?)
300g of probiotic yogurt.(for colon cleanse is this ok?)
grass fed raw meat and salmon.(around 200g every other day)

2 tsp of olive oil and two cloves of garlic before bed.  (cleansing...)
3 capsules of flaxseed oil with every meal(1g each)

Is vitamins ok? my doctor told me to take VitaminC supplements...

I'm doing the olive oil and garlic everyday as a long time cleansing. I'm thinking about doing a VCO cleanse this weekend.. and possibly a liver flush next weekend.

Thanks for the help guys. Means a lot...

Offline ryanwang

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 05:34:33 am »
By the way... I'm using organic olive oil.. not sure if it is cold pressed though...

Offline invisible

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 11:14:31 am »
lots of organ meats

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 04:43:32 pm »
Ditch the yoghurt if you want to get rid of eczema.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Megan Megatoast

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 05:53:57 pm »
I would also suggest looking for raw honey and virgin coconut oil to use on your skin instead of commercial cleansers, which are full of chemicals. That worked wonders for my acne!  ;)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2010, 09:19:39 pm »
I don't like flax.
And I don't like vitamin c supplements.

raw animal fat, you need raw animal fat.  Marrow, Live Fat.  Those ANIMAL FATS work really well and are far more effective than plant or fruit fats which are far secondary.

And Tyler called it.  Ditch the yoghurt.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline ryanwang

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 04:10:45 am »
Ok.. I'm gonna try to find some animal fats... Just bought some coconut oil.. Not eating yogurt anymore....
I'm still skeptical about the eggs though.. but I don't think I can find any alternative...

Offline Angeline

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2010, 03:42:47 pm »
I have had a skin condition on my hands and on my scalp for 35 years. Severe itching, breaking out in little or big bumps with lots of inflammation that would ooze and then scab over and peel off with the whole cycle going round and round. Different doctors gave it different names and prescribed different creams. It has basically been a never ending battle. Antifungal creams seemed to help a little, so it may have been a yeast. It was just about 6 weeks ago that it all miraculously cleared up within a week. That was when I cut fruit completely out of my diet. I had already eliminated grains, beans, starchy vegetables, and milk products (other than butter), but was still eating fruit. My diet is made up of these foods: wildcaught ocean fish, truly free range fertile chicken eggs from a local farm (I see them running all around when I go to the farm), grassfed beef with the fat, grassfed organ meats a few times a week, raw bone marrow, non-starchy vegetables, a few nuts once in awhile, raw butter from grassfed cows, and a little olive oil. I now eat a sufficient protein, high fat, low carb diet. The change I made that cleared up my skin was the elimination of fruit. On a few different occasions I have tried to sneak in a few plums off my tree or a handfull of berries. I paid the price immediately. Within 30 minutes - itching, bumps, the whole thing. I don't know if what I had was eczema, but cutting out fruit may be worth a try.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2010, 08:33:20 pm »
All red meat and organ diet and 2 hours of sun a day would help you a lot. This can be your baseline then work from there. I would suspect the olive oil as a trigger as well as fruits. These are nasty for eczema.

You could also investigate psychological triggers.

I've had eczema since birth cured it with raw paleo and ridiculous amounts of sun throughout the year.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2010, 08:48:29 am »
I agree that ridiculous amounts of sun exposure helps tremendously!
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline Dwight

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2010, 05:53:42 am »
Sorry to bump this post but my friend has been suffering from Eczema for 20 years. It's like a light switch. Going on when it's dry (Humid weather in Singapore), going off when it isn't.

I don't really want to recommend moisturizer, so is there another option for my friend? I have searched about the VCO detox and the steps are well, pretty complicating for a n00b like me.

However, I have recommended large amounts of sunlight exposure. Would swimming at the beach be a good idea? The swimming complex is kinda boring if we're going in a big group and playing some sports. Fishing would be nice but I'm not a good fisher, I only know how to catch prawns with specialized poles and crabs with my bare hands. That's about it. Spear-fishing is impossible in Singapore, water is not visible enough to spear underwater. One thing about fishing worries me is the pollution of the water. Free Sashimi! And renting a yacht would be SGD$600 for 3-5 hours, depending on fishing season and rates.

Sorry for typing this much. I've known him for 8 years, and he was curious why my acne looked better now and (it was horrible last year) so I told him about this diet and when I mentioned Eczema, he lit up. No matter how vengeful the sun was, he always had a cardigan on and refused to remove it to cover them I think. The cardigan's made of 100% cotton I think. So I hope I am able to help him.

Arigatou gozaimasu.

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2010, 07:21:19 am »
Sorry to bump this post but my friend has been suffering from Eczema for 20 years. It's like a light switch. Going on when it's dry (Humid weather in Singapore), going off when it isn't.

I don't really want to recommend moisturizer, so is there another option for my friend? I have searched about the VCO detox and the steps are well, pretty complicating for a n00b like me.

However, I have recommended large amounts of sunlight exposure. Would swimming at the beach be a good idea? The swimming complex is kinda boring if we're going in a big group and playing some sports. Fishing would be nice but I'm not a good fisher, I only know how to catch prawns with specialized poles and crabs with my bare hands. That's about it. Spear-fishing is impossible in Singapore, water is not visible enough to spear underwater. One thing about fishing worries me is the pollution of the water. Free Sashimi! And renting a yacht would be SGD$600 for 3-5 hours, depending on fishing season and rates.

Sorry for typing this much. I've known him for 8 years, and he was curious why my acne looked better now and (it was horrible last year) so I told him about this diet and when I mentioned Eczema, he lit up. No matter how vengeful the sun was, he always had a cardigan on and refused to remove it to cover them I think. The cardigan's made of 100% cotton I think. So I hope I am able to help him.

Arigatou gozaimasu.
Dwight; you answered your question yourself. He see the changes that you've had eating RPD and seems receptive. Help him figure out how to change his diet to help with the eczema. Sunlight and everything else will help but a change to his diet should have the most noticeable effect IMO.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline Dwight

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2010, 12:59:32 pm »
Dwight; you answered your question yourself. He see the changes that you've had eating RPD and seems receptive. Help him figure out how to change his diet to help with the eczema. Sunlight and everything else will help but a change to his diet should have the most noticeable effect IMO.

I have to de-brainwash him? Argh. Alright. Gotta give it a shot. Thanks!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk