Author Topic: Water...  (Read 6603 times)

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Water...
« on: April 27, 2010, 03:50:02 pm »
All the big meat-eaters, like Lions and Cheetahs, can go for many days without drinking water because they get a lot of moisture from the animals they kill. I read that cheetahs will often go for 10 days without drinking water. Do we have much of a difference in the amount of moisture we get in our meat compared to a fresh-kill? Also, how much of a difference would it make that we sweat?

Salt-water Dolphins don't drink the salt-water, instead then get their water from fat metabolism. Are we able to get water from fat in a similar way?
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Water...
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 04:25:22 pm »
Extremely unlikely. The very fact that we sweat means we have to drink more in hotter climates. I think it's probably a bad idea to drink water while eating raw foods, but I think it's vital to drink plenty of water at other times. My own water-intake can vary considerably; from as much as 2 litres a day to 0.

Besides, lions always drink plenty of water on a daily basis when it's available. They only go without when they have no choice.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 05:13:44 pm »
The very fact that we sweat means we have to drink more in hotter climates.

I lived in a hot climate for a long time with no cooling of any kind.  I didn't drink much water.  I'm not sure if it was good or not, I just didn't like drinking.  Sometimes I did sweat a lot, and did what I could eating very juicy fruit and maybe salty nuts if it got to be too much once or twice.  I also ate freshly grown sprouts raw frequently.  I think you can get water from food.  Then again eventually all my organs seemed to start failing.  Maybe it was partially due to deficient drinking.

Oops, I'm sorry, this is zero carb.  I still don't drink water often.  My cats eat raw meat, not much else.  They do drink water.  We're not cats, so I don't know if we should compare ourselves to them.  Maybe us zero carb don't need water.  I really think it's individual though, as I see all the zero carbers on this forum doing it different from their fellow zcer ref water, salt etc.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 08:00:43 pm »
Stop this nonsense already.

If you're thirsty and need water then your body will tell you. End of [moderator edit/note: please try to avoid overheated language; thanks for your understanding --PP] story. It's the same as for hunger.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 06:47:52 am by PaleoPhil »
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 10:20:39 pm »
Yo [editor edit/note: please try to avoid retaliation and report concerns to the moderators instead; thanks --PP] iz cruisin for a bruisin.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 06:49:29 am by PaleoPhil »
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline cliff

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 10:35:09 pm »
I experience noticeable health declines if i don't take in enough water, either through the food i eat or supplemental sources.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 11:11:35 pm »
All the big meat-eaters, like Lions and Cheetahs, can go for many days without drinking water because they get a lot of moisture from the animals they kill. I read that cheetahs will often go for 10 days without drinking water. Do we have much of a difference in the amount of moisture we get in our meat compared to a fresh-kill? Also, how much of a difference would it make that we sweat?

Salt-water Dolphins don't drink the salt-water, instead then get their water from fat metabolism. Are we able to get water from fat in a similar way?

We are in the middle of summer in Manila.
36 degrees celcius and 80% humidity.
See to it kids get watermelon and coconut juice with lots of coconut meat / fat.  Ice cold.  
Cannot depend on plain water to do the whole job.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

William

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 12:39:06 am »

Some of us. When I eat nothing but pemmican and egg, I drink less water, which is puzzling as others say they drink more. This pemmican is at least 80% tallow.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 06:54:00 am »
I know what you mean William, my thirst level went down somewhat on ZC instead of up, but when I measured my urine specific gravity it suggested mild dehydration nonetheless, so my "instincts" apparently failed me in this case. If I had been eating raw carnivore my whole life I would probably have better instincts. I've been drinking more water and I re-introduced teas into my diet to encourage myself to drink more fluid with beverage variety and finally got my SG down to a decent level (1.01) in recent days and the urinary bubbling has been diminished.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2010, 07:35:15 am »
I fast all day so I drink tons of hot (boiled) water and herbal teas. I love it. I don't care about drinking to thirst like I don't care about eating to hunger. I drink as much as I want.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2010, 07:54:50 am »
What I mean is I don't want to drink enough, so I have to force myself to drink more to get properly hydrated. Perhaps something is messed up in my system so that I don't get sufficient thirst signals.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2010, 04:54:48 pm »
On those rare occasions when I have no access to mineral-water and must drink London tapwater and the like, I use raw fruit instead for my water-intake. I cannot stand London tap-water and can discern huge differences in taste between the London tapwater and the alkaline mineral-water I usually buy. More to the point, London tapwater doesn't seem to slake my thirst properly, either.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk