Author Topic: Moderators2  (Read 5513 times)

William

Moderators2
« on: May 13, 2010, 01:54:10 am »
« on: Today at 06:21:39 »   Quote Modify Remove

Posts are being deleted for no good reason.

If the forum owner and moderators agree with this, I would appreciate it if they would say so.

Below is the most recent deleted post:

Quote from: TylerDurden on Yesterday at 03:19:35
While most seem to find pemmican to be very harmful because of the rendered fat component, it also seems that some others also find even dried raw meats to be a problem, while still others have found problems with even ground, raw meats. It seems that any kind of processing is a rather bad idea, and even more so the worse off the state of your digestive system is in.

Most what? Surely not humans. And which of the three known components of rendered fat do you mean?

Quote from: TylerDurden on Yesterday at 05:17:40
As for constant complains re the harm done by pemmican etc., plenty of such reports involve nasty reactions to even small amounts of pemmican

Please list sources or urls of such complaints, and what kind of nasty reactions.

so it cannot be simply a case of overeating, but more likely a nasty reaction to toxins in pemmican

What toxins are these? We need to know so that we can avoid them.

------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: Ioanna on Yesterday at 17:31:55
omg!!!.. rendered fat would have me not leaving bed for at least a full day it's so bad for me!! the last time i ate cooked fat my mom asked why i had food poisoning... i was that sick!!... and that comment made me realize, 'omg, i have food poisoning!'...that's why when I tried pemmican i tried to keep everything raw.  didn't work, but if i made it the traditional way... ooohhhhhh, i don't even want to think about the consequence

The traditional way is: http://www.traditionaltx.us/images/PEMMICAN.pdf
and while we know that you are sensitive to more things than most of us, this has been well tolerated by those who cannot eat cooked.
Would you try it if some was sent to you?

--------------------------------------

Deleted three times.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Moderators2
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 04:44:44 am »
As a moderator I don't have a formed opinion about those particular deletions right now, but as a forum member your crusade for pemmican combined with sarcastic and belittling remarks towards people who don't believe in creationism or that humans were more intelligent in the paleolithic era etc has been tiresome for a while.

Offline Paleo Donk

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 05:15:15 am »
Why not create a thread where you two can argue all you want against each other?  I agree, thats its pretty tiresome to see the exact same arguments about pemmican appear between you two in nearly every thread that gets long enough. Maybe we can vote on a winner and the loser has to sit out from the forum for some time period - like a week or whatever.

William

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 06:40:54 am »
Maybe we can vote on a winner and the loser has to sit out from the forum for some time period - like a week or whatever.
Or forever.

Good idea. You could ban me for telling the truth/intolerance of Tyler's lies.
Or you could ban Tyler for his contempt of forum rules, flaming, promoting neolithic food on a paleo forum, racism and more.

However I would prefer if you would just answer the question.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 08:49:50 am »
« on: Today at 06:21:39 »   Quote Modify Remove

Posts are being deleted for no good reason.

If the forum owner and moderators agree with this, I would appreciate it if they would say so.

Yes, all flame wars about pemmican in threads that are not about pemmican should be deleted. If you and Tyler want to argue over pemmican you should dedicate a thread to it, like PD suggested. I try to be patient but it really has gotten tiresome.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

William

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 10:42:09 am »
Still no answer.

How about this? All mentions of pemmican and tallow outside of the Carnivorous / Zero Carb Approach section to be automatically deleted, regardless of who makes them.

I would not mind if you also automatically delete all mention of tallow and pemmican by Tyler, who clearly knows nothing about it.

If posts are going to be deleted, get it right.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 06:21:08 pm »
OK, there appears to be a majority concensus among Mods that William has trolled for the umpteenth time and must be banned for a month - which is what I have done(31 days).

Reasons for the ban:-

1) Constant persistent trolling. Constant promotion of anti-rawpalaeo foods such as pemmican and ghee, particularly when made outside the Hot Topics forum.  We have had a policy on this forum that we are here to support the raw, palaeolithic community. We are not here to support raw vegan diets, cooked zero-carb diets including pemmican/ghee, nor SAD diets or whatever. There is a leeway in that we do recognise that some are only partially raw due to social restrictions on diet re jobs/family etc. so might need info on less harsher methods of cooking etc. etc., and we also recognise that some raw zero-carbers travel and therefore sometimes need pemmican as a poor substitute for healthy raw grassfed meats they can't find during their trip. But constant, endless promotion/propagandising of non-RPD foods(along with frequent derailment of non-related threads), whether touting for raw vegan diets or pemmican or whatever is not acceptable. The primary reason why people turn to this forum is because they want rawpalaeo info that is not available anywhere else. The few members who want to, can happily read stuff about the supposed health-benefits of pemmican or ghee  or Big Macs or whatever on   countless  other non-raw forums . Here , however, is  one of the very, very few forums devoted to raw, palaeolithic diets, and has to be protected from trolling.

2) Mindless negative remarks about "carb-eaters" being moody, or derisively calling them "Neolithic" implying they are not true "palaeos". This from a man who admits to eating grainfed, Neolithic  meats! We have a wide community of Rawpalaeos with Instinctos at one end (more or less) and raw, zero-carbers at the other.While it is understandable for those who've failed on raw zero-carb or raw omnivore and had to turn to some raw carbs or no carbs depending, to occasionally mention their lack of success on a particular type of rawpalaeodiet or to perhaps sometimes suggest that 1 rawpalaeo regime likely doesn't work, it is expected for people not to constantly attack other kinds of rawpalaeos for their dietary approach.

3) A number of past  online criticisms of William's trollish behaviour plus some private PMs to me from rather concerned members who did not appreciate William's frequent blatant attempts at disruption.

As for William's more personal comments re me and that deleted post:-

Racism(for, incidentally, stating that settled civilisation in general contributed more to Mankind re technology etc. than hunter-gatherers)? This from William who has linked to anti-semitic sites on this and another paleo forum!

Plus, I have already previously cited scientific studies showing the damage caused by oxidised cholesterol in tallow. William has pretty much only provided dodgy anecdotal claims about pemmican from the likes of DelFuego(which are contrasted with the decidedly negative experiences of many RVAFers as regards pemmican).

But the scientific evidence is really beside the point. I have seen a huge amount of decidedly excellent-looking scientific evidence provided by raw vegans , SAD-eaters, cooked-low-carb-dieters  etc. to justify their diets, just as I have found extensive, very convincing scientific evidence for a raw, palaeolithic diet. But, overall, the field of food-science is so new, with so much left still to be researched, that it's not possible for a totally objective, scientifically-literate person to to be remotely 100% sure which diet is the right one. In the end, what it comes down to is this:-  this is a forum for raw, palaeolithic diets, not a forum  for raw vegan diets or cooked-low-carb diets etc., so that forum rules necessarily  frown on posting about non-RPD foods outside the Hot Topics forum. If we don't stick to the subject, we might as well rename rawpaleoforum as the "eat-anything-diet-forum".
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 07:17:18 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 06:37:40 pm »
Pushing cooked meat / pemmican should not be done in this forum.

Remember that this is the RAW PALEO FORUM.

You can push cooked meat in: Dirty Carnivore or Caveman Forum.

Not here.

---------

I have no issues with your religious beliefs.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2010, 10:49:33 pm »
With all that said, William did, albeit occasionally, have something useful to add re preparations for making raw jerky and the like. Should he, in the future,  revert solely to more useful, practical posts for RVAFers like those more sedate ones,rather than trying to religiously convert us all the time  to the supposed "wonders"  -v  of eating rendered non-rawpalaeo junk-food like pemmican or ghee, then he would be welcome.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2010, 11:06:09 am »
With all that said, William did, albeit occasionally, have something useful to add re preparations for making raw jerky and the like. Should he, in the future,  revert solely to more useful, practical posts for RVAFers like those more sedate ones,rather than trying to religiously convert us all the time  to the supposed "wonders"  -v  of eating rendered non-rawpalaeo junk-food like pemmican or ghee, then he would be welcome.

Yep.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk