Author Topic: Just found this article on the germ theory and wanted to share  (Read 6871 times)

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
When I read it i felt like AV wrote it...
http://www.unhinderedliving.com/germtheory.html
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline michaelwh

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Just found this article on the germ theory and wanted to share
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 09:53:34 am »
That article has a lot in common with AV's writings, but I don't think that AV wrote it. There are many people in the alternate health movement that support pleomorphism (for example, Robert Young).

I disagree with that article's talk about acid=bad, alkaline=good. I think that the "pH theory" is in the same category as the germ theory (i.e. nonsense).

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 02:42:17 pm »
Although I don't fully agree with all of the article, the ph theory does make some sense to me. The main reason I believe the Ph theory is because grass-fed beef. Why is it not dangerous to eat grass fed beef? Because cows have a neutral ph when eating grass but when they're fed grain, they are more acidic and the risk of e coli greatly increases.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 07:17:22 pm »
    Great article.  Thank you for digging it back up.  I bookmarked it this time.  And yes, the ecoli increase with grain, not appetizing to any people.

For me pH is kind of non-sense too.  Even in your example.  On rare occasion I've eaten other that raw grassfed meat.  I tried seared grass-fed buffalo.  I got bad reactions for it.  I tried a grainfed lean beefsteak raw.  I got no reaction at all from it.  For me, my health is really about whether the food was cooked or not, and not as much as what the animal ate.

What do you experience?  
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 08:13:46 pm »
Although I don't fully agree with all of the article, the ph theory does make some sense to me. The main reason I believe the Ph theory is because grass-fed beef. Why is it not dangerous to eat grass fed beef? Because cows have a neutral ph when eating grass but when they're fed grain, they are more acidic and the risk of e coli greatly increases.

The problems with E.Coli increase in grain-finished beef for two reasons.
One, the animals standing in their filth in feedlots (obviously not all grain-finished but most).
Two, the corn/grains acidify the animal's stomach so the E.Coli that survives their stomach is now acid-resistant to a PH similar to our stomach. It's not the more acidic pH in and of itself that is bad it's the fact that the E.Coli is exposed to it before it gets to us that causes the problem.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 05:36:55 am »
    What do you experience? 
To be honest I haven't eaten grain fed beef raw before. I'm somewhat new to the raw paleo diet and have done very little experimenting when it comes to different kinds of meat. So far just grass fed beef, eggs and a little pork.

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 08:06:23 am »
   Great article.  Thank you for digging it back up.  I bookmarked it this time.  And yes, the ecoli increase with grain, not appetizing to any people.

About this ecoli thing...would that make eating 'high' grain-fed meat dangerous? I'm asking because i've got some meat in the fridge getting high and i think it could be partially grain-fed. I've not tried high meat before, so i'm kind of not 100 percent confident i'm going to remain well after eating it. It's grey and stinks atm and i have about 2.5kg of it.
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline Paleo Donk

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010, 08:08:22 am »
Lots of members on zioh dry age their heavily grain-fed meats in the fridge and cook them without issues, though they do not get it high.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 09:00:29 am by Paleo Donk »

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2010, 09:05:06 am »
About this ecoli thing...would that make eating 'high' grain-fed meat dangerous? I'm asking because i've got some meat in the fridge getting high and i think it could be partially grain-fed. I've not tried high meat before, so i'm kind of not 100 percent confident i'm going to remain well after eating it. It's grey and stinks atm and i have about 2.5kg of it.
If its mostly grass fed I wouldn't worry to much.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2010, 06:01:14 pm »
I would strongly advise that you eat only high-meat from 100% grassfed sources, if possible. It's a really bad idea re e coli issues etc. to eat grainfed high-meat over time.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2010, 09:17:33 pm »

If you're ok with dry aged meat, I think you might be better off airing that out, in the refrigerator.  I got some meat that didn't smell or feel right.  I dry aged it and the slime and smell went away.  You should be able to get more aerobic bacteria maybe, rather than anaerobic.

It could be just fine though, the way it is.  Just eat a very small piece each day.

Option 3: Throw it out and start over with grassfed.  Maybe a stray dog will like it.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline chucky

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2010, 02:07:34 pm »
I would strongly advise that you eat only high-meat from 100% grassfed sources, if possible. It's a really bad idea re e coli issues etc. to eat grainfed high-meat over time.

There was an article about "dangerous" bacteria like e. coli and others. I don't remember if I read about it in this forum or somewhere else but it was proven that those "toxic" byproducts those bacteria like e. coli produce actually fight against cancer and some other diseases.

About the article. He talks about the ph of what ? I am sorry if I didn't follow the article closely but it is well known that body regulates it blood ph in any way and keeps it in constant state. But it's different story with the colon. Colon needs acidic environment to keep away fungis like Candida (in his article he said that fungis develop in acidic ph ?). That's why candida gets out of control if colon lacks of acid producing bacteria such as bifidobacteria.

Offline chucky

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2010, 02:14:57 pm »

I read about that also. Cows who eat grains have more acidic meat. But I read about it from suppliers website.. What it even means that meat is acidic ? Produces more acids in our body ? In what way ? I have heard that it leaves acidic ash?? behind..

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2010, 02:43:12 pm »
There was an article about "dangerous" bacteria like e. coli and others. I don't remember if I read about it in this forum or somewhere else but it was proven that those "toxic" byproducts those bacteria like e. coli produce actually fight against cancer and some other diseases.

About the article. He talks about the ph of what ? I am sorry if I didn't follow the article closely but it is well known that body regulates it blood ph in any way and keeps it in constant state. But it's different story with the colon. Colon needs acidic environment to keep away fungis like Candida (in his article he said that fungis develop in acidic ph ?). That's why candida gets out of control if colon lacks of acid producing bacteria such as bifidobacteria.
The ph of your body. Basically the article says that baceria and viruses are naturally present in humans from birth. Usually they remain harmless but when your body becomes acidic more of the cells in your body die sooner than if basic and the bacteria then is able to grow and attack your body.

I read about that also. Cows who eat grains have more acidic meat. But I read about it from suppliers website.. What it even means that meat is acidic ? Produces more acids in our body ? In what way ? I have heard that it leaves acidic ash?? behind..
It means the meat is more acidic and in turn makes your body more acidic.

Offline chucky

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2010, 04:13:30 pm »
The ph of your body. Basically the article says that baceria and viruses are naturally present in humans from birth. Usually they remain harmless but when your body becomes acidic more of the cells in your body die sooner than if basic and the bacteria then is able to grow and attack your body.
It means the meat is more acidic and in turn makes your body more acidic.

What you mean with "your body is more acidic". Do you mean blood ? But doesn't the body lower/increase PH when needed ? How does the acidic meat affect the body ? If it gets to the stomach the stomach acid which has ph already about 2.x starts to break down the food. Stomach acid is acidic! More meat you eat more HCL needs to be secreted.
Colon is acidic. Bacteria produce acids to keep colon acidic otherwise fungi will get control of it. Fungis live in alkaline environment.

(I might be plain dumb right now as my brain is fogged. Last time I felt foggy mind was before paleo).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk