Author Topic: New Moderators  (Read 11928 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
New Moderators
« on: May 20, 2010, 07:41:54 pm »
GS has now appointed 3 new forum-Mods. Ioanna(Health forum), Hannibal(Off-Topic forum) and djr-81(Hot Topics forum).
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: New Moderators
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 07:58:45 pm »
Nicely chosen well-balanced choices. Each of us three do try to keep our discussions grounded. Congrats to my two fellow sub-forum mods. :)
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 09:14:15 pm »
Excellent choices! Good to see now we have 2 girls onboard. Never thought I'd see it. I'm a fan of djr81 and hannibal also.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 10:46:04 pm »
And Superwoman is great too. :) Good choices, GS.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 06:18:28 am »
great news :)

Nicely chosen well-balanced choices. Each of us three do try to keep our discussions grounded. Congrats to my two fellow sub-forum mods. :)

likewise! 

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2010, 07:36:36 am »
Geoff is being humble about it, I'm just his technician flunky.  ;)
Welcome!
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2010, 11:14:03 am »
I mean Wonder Woman, sorry Ionna. :P

Good on ya, Geoff.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline reyyzl

• Bear Hunter
  • Raw Chicken Schwarma
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2010, 06:17:02 pm »
Perfect timing.  The outlet my router was pluuged into went out.  My internet and phone was out because of it.  I tried another outlet today, and it's working.  

I think it's good that each of the subsections should have their own individual moderator.

Congratulations everyone!
"A genuine RPDer should always live by the coast." -TylerDurden Global Moderator Mammoth Hunter

Too often we get caught up trying to get to the end. What is most important however is to discover the beginning. We don’t solve problems or start to heal unless we can be willing, be kind, laugh a little and commit to seeking until we find. If we can, we’ll get started. I’ll meet you at the beginning!
“Reflections on My Travels…India” by Michael J Tamura ~ pg. 57

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 09:22:35 pm »
Iguana has been appointed Mod for the Instincto forum as he's been doing Instincto for ages(22 years?!). We should in the long run have all forums moderated by mods as we originally planned at the start.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 10:05:41 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2010, 07:15:09 am »
Congrats, Iguana. Another good choice.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2010, 03:41:36 am »
(22 years?!)
Since January 1987, so that's a little more than 23 years without dairy and cereals (except for small amounts of soaked rice sometimes) nor anything processed, mixed, cooked. Overall I have found it easy and very pleasant and  that's probably the main reason I've been able to go on for so long. I think it's very important to enjoy eating as much as possible; it must be very difficult to follow any diet if one doesn't enjoy it.

Thanks Geoff and Phil !
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2010, 05:43:36 am »
Hey Tyler. Who started this forum? Also, did they start it on their own, or did they already know some other rawpaleos with whom they started it jointly?
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2010, 06:15:21 am »
Hey Tyler. Who started this forum? Also, did they start it on their own, or did they already know some other rawpaleos with whom they started it jointly?

I remember it was Tyler / Geoff and Craig who started this forum.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2010, 06:19:41 am »
Since January 1987, so that's a little more than 23 years without dairy and cereals (except for small amounts of soaked rice sometimes) nor anything processed, mixed, cooked. Overall I have found it easy and very pleasant and  that's probably the main reason I've been able to go on for so long. I think it's very important to enjoy eating as much as possible; it must be very difficult to follow any diet if one doesn't enjoy it.

Thanks Geoff and Phil !

I bow to old timers and thanks to people like you we are here. Thanks Geoff. If I had perfect information back then I'd have been on some form of RPD asap.  

I've just been on RPD since Jan 2008 and I just cannot find a reason why I should stop since I'm enjoying my newfound health so much.  Probably at this stage the improvements I'm getting have yet to plateau.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2010, 06:13:08 pm »
Craig and I had the idea, initially, we had a number of people also contributing their ideas such as Satya, Lex and GS who were already members of the rawpaleodiet yahoo group. You see the original rawpaleodiet yahoo group was a rather limited forum, as there was no freedom of  expression - as there was only 1 forum, one couldn't post about off-topic stuff or about controversial info or humorous non-rpd posts or whatever, as not everyone was interested in that sort of thing and naturally didn't want their inboxes filled with posts they weren't interested in.Plus, I was uncomfortable with the difficulty in finding previous posts - here on RPF, the search-function isn't exactly ideal, but since the posts are split into 20-odd forums each focused on different subjects, it's much  easier to find the right past threads. Plus, this forum has a far more attractive layout, allowing images and videos to be sent etc..
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2010, 09:18:55 pm »
Ioanna and Iguana are now Global Moderators. Sully now has control of the 2 exercise forums as forum-moderator.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2010, 09:36:57 pm »
Doesn't the google search work fine?

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2010, 11:23:30 pm »
Ioanna and Iguana are now Global Moderators. Sully now has control of the 2 exercise forums as forum-moderator.
Congrats to all. :)
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2010, 01:23:24 am »
Congrats to all,

Thanks to all and especially Tyler and Craig for starting this forum. It is wonderful to be able to talk about this subject especially for newbies. The advice has been invaluable and ultimately will allow this lifestyle to continue and grow which I am guessing was the original intent.

You are right about Yahoo groups being difficult at best.
Thanks again

Alan
Cheers
Al

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2010, 04:27:58 am »
Doesn't the google search work fine?
Not really as regards finding some of the old posts on rawpaleoforum.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2010, 04:51:38 am »
Congrats to all. :)

Thanks Dan, the same to Ioanna and you ! Thank you also to the others and especially to Tyler and Good Samaritan for this very interesting forum. Let’s act together to maintain friendly and civil manners in such a way that it remains always a pleasure to read the other’s posts and contribute: we are not here to insult each other. The subject of nutrition unleashes great passions, but it should never be a reason to be harsh and rude when we disagree.

Best wishes
Francois
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2010, 05:14:56 am »
Cool!

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2010, 08:30:57 am »
Let’s act together to maintain friendly and civil manners in such a way that it remains always a pleasure to read the other’s posts and contribute: we are not here to insult each other. The subject of nutrition unleashes great passions, but it should never be a reason to be harsh and rude when we disagree.

I wholeheartedly agree. :)
-Henry David Thoreau

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk