Author Topic: Curing OCD?  (Read 18084 times)

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Curing OCD?
« on: May 22, 2010, 10:20:09 am »
I have had OCD and anxiety problems for quite a while now. The past month and a half however, they have been intense. What are the most acceptable foods for dealing with this condition, judging from knowledge and experience?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Curing OCD?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 11:27:08 am »
How long have you been on raw paleo diet?
And what form of raw paleo diet?
Are you on prescription drugs?
When did you let go of all prescription drugs?
What is a typical diet / menu for the day for you right now?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline chucky

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 02:24:16 pm »
OCD will usually clear up when wheat(and other grains), milk, soy and monosodium glutamate are taken away from the diet. Definitely make sure your omegas are right. I suggest taking omega 3

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 03:13:48 pm »
Sorry, but what is OCD?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 04:37:10 pm »
Sorry, but what is OCD?
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder -ie you perform actions/tasks which are unnecessary(eg:- cleaning dishes endless times in order to get rid of bacteria etc.)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 03:57:23 am by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010, 07:19:24 pm »
Ok.
Thanks, Tyler.

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2010, 09:14:49 pm »
How long have you been on raw paleo diet?
And what form of raw paleo diet?
Are you on prescription drugs?
When did you let go of all prescription drugs?
What is a typical diet / menu for the day for you right now?

I have not been on a legit paleo diet. I increase my raw meat intake with time, it's difficult for me to obtain.
I have been avoiding prescription drugs nearly all my life. They are the original source of my current problems (nerve damage, severe pain, sensitivity, etc.) taking a drug would have horrifying effects on me.
I would say I let go of all prescription drugs over 10 years ago.
Raw paleo (Takes up little of my diet at this time): Fruit, Occasional fish, beef liver, oysters, chicken (stopped consuming raw eggs and use raw honey sparingly). I regularly eat bread (not white) grains including rice, processed cheese, cooked meats etc.
OCD will usually clear up when wheat(and other grains), milk, soy and monosodium glutamate are taken away from the diet. Definitely make sure your omegas are right. I suggest taking omega 3

Right now it's difficult to let go of grains. Without them, it's hard to get filled up and I get strong carb craving. Raw meats are the only food that doesn't give me problems but doesn't always make me full. Fruit is hard to digest and causes problems for me as well as making me more hungry due to the irritation.

Offline chucky

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2010, 09:41:41 pm »
Right now it's difficult to let go of grains. Without them, it's hard to get filled up and I get strong carb craving. Raw meats are the only food that doesn't give me problems but doesn't always make me full. Fruit is hard to digest and causes problems for me as well as making me more hungry due to the irritation.

I also didn't get quit filled up by just eating meat and this called for overeating and weight gain.  What I did was I started eating sauerkraut which filled me up with meat and gave the feeling of fullness which lasted longer.

I strongly advise against the grains.

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2010, 09:51:49 pm »
I eat sauerkraut but rarely. I can't eat sour food in significant amounts. Even the acidity in a sour fruit like a strawberry reacts badly with me, and leaves burn marks on my tongue.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2010, 09:55:28 pm »
It looks like the grains, maybe some candida that tells you to eat grains.

The radical solution is vco detox http://tinyurl.com/vcodetox
It's not for everyone, but if you are not allergic to vco, it will kill off carb cravings.

Super concentrated oregano oil helps kill off candida... find the book: The Cure is in the Cupboard, I lost my copy in the last flood.

You can ask the other guys here how they transitioned off of grains.

My transition was I gave up all wheat a long time ago due to being overweight.

I lessened my rice as well to combat obesity and substituted cooked veggies.

I killed my rice addiction when I went on a long fast. (which may not be advisable for you now).

Try high meat.  I bet on RPD with high meat will get rid of OCD.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2010, 12:51:58 pm »
I have had OCD for many years and when I went paleo it literally went away overnight without even realizing it.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2010, 10:34:13 pm »
The problem is not the carb craving but that I need a "staple food" that I can easily access to eat with meat and seperately in times of hunger. Grains seem the least problematic in this case, despite their dangers.

I have had OCD for many years and when I went paleo it literally went away overnight without even realizing it.

Interesting. A fully paleo diet with mostly animal products?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2010, 12:51:59 am »
You can slowly replace your carb staple with FAT staple.  It took me a few weeks to transition to a low carb - High Fat diet.  But it was worth it.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2010, 01:49:20 am »
The problem is not the carb craving but that I need a "staple food" that I can easily access to eat with meat and seperately in times of hunger. Grains seem the least problematic in this case, despite their dangers.

Don't kid yourself. Grains are generally regarded among Paleo and raw dieters as one of the MOST problematic foods of all. Grains and processed sugars seem to be the only foods that all Paleos agree are not part of a "Paleo" diet. Dr. William Davis of the Heartscan blog has said if he could only eliminate one food from his patient's diets it would be wheat. Grains are very pernicious. They produce opioids that can cause an addictive effect in the brain and they feed unhealthy bacteria in your gut that send chemical signals to your brain telling you that you "need" grains, when really it is those bacteria that need them. If you cannot restrict your grain intake to no more than as part of one or two meals a week (and preferably no regular intake of grains at all) then I wouldn't classify your diet as raw Paleo and I would be surprised if you were able to put your OCD into remission on a diet that includes grains as a staple food.

Full-fledged OCD is one of the least responsive "mental" disorders of all to conventional treatments, according to what I've read (and which does correspond with what I've seen in people), so my amateur guess is that a person with OCD needs to be MORE strict with their diet than most, rather than less (but not to the point of creating a new obsession--one needs to be able to forgive oneself for occasionally straying without falling into either extreme of chronic cheating and excuse-making or excessive self-flagellation).
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 02:42:53 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2010, 02:12:01 am »
Interesting. A fully paleo diet with mostly animal products?

I eat about 2000-2500 calories a day, with about 800 calories coming from fruit and the rest from meat/fat. I have not been eating any veggies or nuts/seeds.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2010, 04:29:27 am »
I think OCD can be a valuable thing, if geared toward a useful purpose.

All you need to do is figure out a positive way to use it with the same strategy. I'm sure a good NLP practitioner can help you with that.

Anyway, grains are bad! We should make a banner for that :)

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2010, 05:37:07 am »

All you need to do is figure out a positive way to use it with the same strategy. I'm sure a good NLP practitioner can help you with that.

I suppose but when you don't have control over it which is usually the situation than it is horrible.

Offline chucky

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2010, 02:23:08 pm »

These are two different things. One is uncontrollable doing of things and other is will and discipline.

Eating pasta in the evening will get me OCD next morning.. Grains are bad and those lucky ones who can handle the grains and can thrive on them are in worst trouble.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2010, 03:07:18 pm »

There's nothing valuable about OCD you obviously have it confused with something else.

I've got a couple of friends who cured their OCD by changing their lives/careers. They only get occasional flashbacks and have gone on to be successful get married etc.

I think it has a lot to do with unfulfilled desires/trapped situations.

When you change your life and move forward quite often anxiety will disappear. This is my perspective on my anxiety. Keeping busy and doing simple household chores is an excellent way to chill also.

“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2010, 11:15:03 pm »
I only ate grains twice yesterday. Although I was hungry and had much less energy (no adequate fat supply), I didn't have a typical unpleasant dream and symptoms including OCD are reduced.

OCD is a physical dysfunction that will persist until physically resolved, it isn't beneficial. A specific obsession may be removed but the symptoms will continue with additional ones. Removing grains is a goal that needs to be met ASAP but requires preparing.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk