Author Topic: Today's workout?  (Read 364647 times)

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Today's workout?
« Reply #275 on: December 18, 2010, 07:42:29 am »
Running & Parkour for about 1h30mins.

Miles how do you eat? 1Meal a day? Don't you get hungry after long activities ? provide me an example of your typical day please and the meals please !! you do ZC?
Im on Half sad half cooked paleo half raw I eat carbs too.. after 1h30min ball game I am hungry and drained I just wana go home :(. and you?

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 18, 2010, 08:26:09 am »
Im on Half sad half cooked paleo half raw I eat carbs too.. after 1h30min ball game I am hungry and drained I just wana go home :(. and you?

wow three halves? no wonder you are drained, I'd never be able to achieve that without some space-time distortion technique  :P

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 18, 2010, 09:27:48 am »

My humble advice is to only go as low as your back naturally lets you. STOP when your spine begins to curve under your butt. You always have to have an arc in your back, as soon as it hunches at all its over.

i'm not a technical expert in this stuff. Your advice sounds good but I don't see why one wouldn't just choose a weight that they could both keep their back strait and go deep into the actual position. I'm pretty sure that is what they would recommend at my cf gym. So in addition to yelling at people to go deeper they yell about any form/alignment stuff. Usually If I can not go down with a weight *say 225 its because its too much weight for those muscles. in other words it does not effect my form to go down that way with a lighter weight. I don't think i've seen a single person at my gym that can't do a proper body-weight air squat all the way down deep, but people will load up weight beyond what they can get into that deeper position, hence getting yelled at.

Personally these days i prefer doing front squats, because I know for certain I can't load up the weight and physically be able to lift it even with improper form, so it gives me an easier time going deep into the position in the 75-150 range. squatting 300+ doesn't really appeal to me anyway as I can already hardly fit into many jeans at my waist size anymore.

---
still have not been checking into cf.

- medium pace 500 m row
- dynamic stretch
- bench press:
10@135,155,175
1@205, 1@225  O0
- 3 x chest cable work w/
12" box jump overs and lateral jump overs till tired
- 3 x 10 front squat -> push press with light 70 lb barbell w/
tricep pull down with rope.
- 3 x 10 x 36" box jumps w/
3 x 10 x burpees
- 3 x 10 x 95 'hammer strength' machine [was worn out and this is actually a decent movement for a sitting machine]
- stretching

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 18, 2010, 07:04:58 pm »
wow three halves? no wonder you are drained, I'd never be able to achieve that without some space-time distortion technique  :P
My diet is kinda simple when I wake up I do some juicing and some raw eggs.
after school some kind of a "good" sandwich in huge baget with cooked or half cooked meats with veggies.
some milk after workout
dinner I eat cooked meat/fish salad cheese

maybe I should not post untill I try some raw beef  >: tomorrow my mom is getting me some steaks Im making steak tartar -\

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
  • "...embrace your fear..."
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
« Reply #279 on: December 18, 2010, 09:36:32 pm »

Funny!
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab
http://www.skinnydevil.com

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 18, 2010, 09:37:42 pm »
Miles how do you eat? 1Meal a day? Don't you get hungry after long activities ? provide me an example of your typical day please and the meals please !! you do ZC?

I usually eat 1 meal a day of animals only. Typical day: Get up in the morning, don't plan to eat, ever. Then get some energy boost and start using it, and think I probably will end up eating later, then be active either by running/parkour, or some indoor too like weights. I might do this for 1-4hrs, running around. When I get back I'd sit down for a bit, have some water, then I'll think of something else to do like either go out and do more of the same.. running around and stuff, or maybe go practise archery, meet up with a friend/s or just run a different place like into the woods if I was running around the town, climb trees if I was climbing on buildings(30mins-2hrs maybe). Then when I get back I'll stand for a bit, have some water maybe, then go to the shop for some meat. I'll get like 1-2kg of meat. Sometimes I pick up fruits when they're heavily reduced just because I can't pass all that energy for so little price, but I prefer if I don't see any =) Although I always look. I'll get back with my meat, put it in the fridge, then I'll sit down, do some work on the computer, go on this forum and some game called travian, talk a bit(all few hrs). Then I'll start thinking about the meat and it'll get stronger and stronger the acid in my stomach etc.. and I'll go eat. Then I'll spend a while afterwards just sitting around watching tv, getting thirsty and drinking water, pissing... until I feel stable. Then I'll go up to the computer, do a bit of work, then get tired start reading this forum until I'm ready to fall asleep, go to bed, fall asleep, sleep for 10-12hrs.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 09:46:36 pm by miles »
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 19, 2010, 02:50:09 am »
i'm not a technical expert in this stuff. Your advice sounds good but I don't see why one wouldn't just choose a weight that they could both keep their back strait and go deep into the actual position. I'm pretty sure that is what they would recommend at my cf gym. So in addition to yelling at people to go deeper they yell about any form/alignment stuff. Usually If I can not go down with a weight *say 225 its because its too much weight for those muscles. in other words it does not effect my form to go down that way with a lighter weight. I don't think i've seen a single person at my gym that can't do a proper body-weight air squat all the way down deep, but people will load up weight beyond what they can get into that deeper position, hence getting yelled at.

I understand where you are coming from, but where I am from, nobody can do an air squat without their butt hunching under them when they are all the way down. This butt hunch is fine when it is body or low weight, but when you are trying to go down all the way with 300 lbs and your butt hunches, its dangerous.

I am starting to like full goblet squats more because you can never go so heavy that your body will lose form, and the natural form makes all the muscles work.

I'd just thought Id share with you guys this routine I made by incorporating Dr. William Wong's minimalist strength training approach. This routine has given me lots of strength, muscle, and success.

Monday
Full weighted chins 3x5/6/7
weighted ring dips  3x5/6/7
Squat                    3x5/6/7

Wednesday
Full chin ups 10 sets of 10 or more
Ring dips      10 sets of 10 or more
Deadlift           3x5/6/7

Friday
Full weighted chins 3x5/6/7
Overhead press      3x5/6/7
Squat                    3x5/6/7

The 5/6/7 are the reps wong recommends. The strategy is you do 3 sets of a certain weight for 5 reps and when completed 3 sets of 5, you move on to 3 sets of 6 and so on until you get 3 sets of 7, in which case you would increse the weight and start with a higher weight at 3 sets of 5 again.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

"There is a lot of pressure to be sexualized but not to actually be sexual."
- women's health member

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 20, 2010, 04:03:19 am »
still at the meathead gym

- 500 m row
- dynamic stretch
- 3 x 45 lb weighted pull-up x 6
   then immediately 1 set balls out on reverse grip without weight ~8 reps or so.
- 3 x front squat 80 lbs x 10
- 3:00 total broken up into 4 section on my rope machine on highest setting - standing this time. did 4 x 10 air squats during short breaks from the rope.
- 3 x 36" box jumps x 10 in between
   3 x heavy cable bicep curls x ~5 with pull-ups
- static stretching

nice little workout

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
« Reply #283 on: December 21, 2010, 01:45:17 am »
TG Warm-up

tabata single stair
tabata sit-ups

light weight (upper body)

30 pull-ups
30 chin-ups

37 minutes
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 21, 2010, 01:54:03 am »
SD you love calisthenics aint ya :D? try handstand pushups and tell me how much you can bang in a row.
I just started them my goal is get it to 20 in few months, I assure you that you will like the burn in your shoulders  ;)

edit: oh and I do it with the wall cant do the freestand yet

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: December 21, 2010, 02:10:20 am »
Cleaning the windows of my house.
Changing both front hydropneumatic suspension spheres of my Citroën
Cleaning the goose-house. Put the stuff under the young trees.
Checking the poultry park fence
Chopping firewood
Sweeping the garage and flat floors
Cleaning the kitchen

I usually eat 1 meal a day of animals only. Typical day: Get up in the morning, don't plan to eat, ever. Then get some energy boost and start using it, and think I probably will end up eating later, then be active either by running/parkour, or some indoor too like weights. I might do this for 1-4hrs, running around. When I get back I'd sit down for a bit, have some water, then I'll think of something else to do like either go out and do more of the same.. running around and stuff, or maybe go practise archery, meet up with a friend/s or just run a different place like into the woods if I was running around the town, climb trees if I was climbing on buildings(30mins-2hrs maybe). Then when I get back I'll stand for a bit, have some water maybe, then go to the shop for some meat. I'll get like 1-2kg of meat. Sometimes I pick up fruits when they're heavily reduced just because I can't pass all that energy for so little price, but I prefer if I don't see any =) Although I always look. I'll get back with my meat, put it in the fridge, then I'll sit down, do some work on the computer, go on this forum and some game called travian, talk a bit(all few hrs). Then I'll start thinking about the meat and it'll get stronger and stronger the acid in my stomach etc.. and I'll go eat. Then I'll spend a while afterwards just sitting around watching tv, getting thirsty and drinking water, pissing... until I feel stable. Then I'll go up to the computer, do a bit of work, then get tired start reading this forum until I'm ready to fall asleep, go to bed, fall asleep, sleep for 10-12hrs.

Don’t you work, except a bit on your computer  ???

Francois
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 21, 2010, 02:18:46 am »
Don’t you work, except a bit on your computer  ???

Francois

Self-employed, affiliate marketing, like those trolls who advertise supplements here ;) I spend like 2-3 hrs a day during the week but I do like 5-6hrs a day on the week-end.. Before that I was doing sport full-time funded, and before that I was in high-school.. So I've never had a proper job yet.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 02:27:44 am by miles »
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
« Reply #287 on: December 21, 2010, 09:02:10 pm »
SD you love calisthenics aint ya :D? try handstand pushups and tell me how much you can bang in a row.
I just started them my goal is get it to 20 in few months, I assure you that you will like the burn in your shoulders

Haven't tried them in years. Hurt my shoulder(s) and so I try to avid things like hand-stand push-ups.

That said, I was never much good at them. Only did a few per set.
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 22, 2010, 07:46:19 am »
20 HSPU sounds like a pretty high goal. how about 10? I can't do 10 and my weight works to my advantage on these. I can press alot of weight for my size too.

---

pretty fast 500 m warmup 1:42
dynamic stretch: stiff legged bear crawls, spider-man stretches, pvc shoulder mobility, 10 air squats
- bench: 135 x 5, 185 x 5, 205 x 3
- light push press, 10 @ 80 lbs x 3
- chest cable work 3 x 6 @ i dunno, 70..but the weights are all funky on those things.
- 10 burpees
- 3 x 25 lb weighted dips x 6; followed by 10 reg dips
- 10 burpees
- 'hammer strength' sitting bench - 6 @ 95 lbs x 3
- 10 burpees
- light deadlifts `10 @ 135 x 3
- shoulder shrugs with the same weight
- stretching
- peace out
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 07:55:09 am by KD »

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 22, 2010, 04:32:51 pm »
Went out running barefoot in the snow from 5:30am-7:45am.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 22, 2010, 05:03:13 pm »
Huh?   ???  And you're still alive?  ;D
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 22, 2010, 05:21:03 pm »
My man pots and pans  ;D
Next time give us some video of your performance, at least 15 minutes ;)
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
« Reply #292 on: December 22, 2010, 09:23:39 pm »

I wear flip-flops in the winter unless I'm stepping into deep snow. Everyone thinks that makes me hard-core for some odd reason...but you get the award, Miles!!!!!

Today to 30 minutes on the button.

60 chin-ups
60 pull-ups
200 squats
300 calf raises

tabata:

sit-ups
squats
sit-ups

totaled me at 400+ sit-ups and 380 squats
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 10:31:40 pm by SkinnyDevil »
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 23, 2010, 12:24:41 pm »
busted out a 500 m row in 1:37.5 which was my fastest time ever. I felt pretty crappy doing it and I had eaten just an hour or two earlier and my stomach felt a little weird. its a pretty dam good time but I should be able to improve.
-dynamic stretch
6 @ 45 lb weighted pullups x 3
6 @ cable curl with a strait bar combined w/ as many pullups combined w/ 20 lateral jumps over a 25 lb plate x 3 with 30 second rests
rope machine on highest setting, standing for 3:00 minutes broken into 4 sections with 4 x 10 air squats
- 3 x 36" box jumps x 10 in between
   3 x 10 bicep curls with a weighted bar holding the bar like a staff against my forearm and moving slowly (just sort of made this up but seems good)
- stretch

pretty quick and efficient. biked 7 miles in the snow earlier which started out magically in the daytime then slowly sucked.

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
« Reply #294 on: December 24, 2010, 04:47:05 am »
Today took 35 minutes even.

TG warm-up
light weight (total body using quasi-supersets)
4 cycles tabata

BOOM!!!
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 24, 2010, 03:31:19 pm »
Cleaning my large fishtank.... :/
scrubbing all the glass walls, siphoning, taking apart the large filter, washing all the filter substrates, taking out the large boulders, scrubbing them, putting them all back without dropping them so not to break the tank....OMG, finished now...3 hours later.... kill me please.... -v

At least the fish are happy...and I only have to do this 3 times a year  -\

PS. My catfish is starting to look too tasty, uh oh....

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
« Reply #296 on: December 25, 2010, 01:39:51 am »
Today....

3 sets TG
300 sit-ups
500 calf raises

tabata:
single stairs
sit-ups (200+)
triple stairs

2 minute cool-down

35 minutes with a total of over 500 sit-ups.

BOOM!!!
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 27, 2010, 06:35:45 am »
I tried to run to my gym during the blizzard we are having

Since i've been doing really intense 500 m rows to start my workouts, I thought I'd try to go balls out the entire distance and see if I could make it (its probably a little under a mile). When I first moved into my place in the summer I tried more or less to do the same thing to a similar destination and only made it half way.

This time I made it all the way at high speed in the snow then since my gym was closed - duh, turned around and did the same thing.

Didn't time it but the interior cardio stuff I am doing is clearly working, never had good pacing on runs.

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
« Reply #298 on: December 28, 2010, 01:24:56 am »
I hate running in snow.

Today:

3 rounds Total Gym
450 calf raises
210 squats
50 pull-ups
50 chin-ups

tabata: stairs

31 minutes total
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 28, 2010, 04:54:55 am »
I hate running in snow.

its ok for me, always feels ominous like some horror film. keeps me moving. heh. I wouldn't do distance for reasons as per the winter running thread.

---

- did a bunch of strait-legged bear crawls to warm up. maybe 100 m.almost pulled a muscle in my stomach :/

- used the strait rack assist on bench: 5@185, 5@205, 4!@225, 2!@235 lb

- chest flies using the pulley system w/20 lateral jumps over 35 lb plate X 3 with as little rest as possible

- 10 36" box jumps w/ 10 burpees x 3 (can't believe how this gets my heart exploding)

- 45 lb dumbbell presses w/ tricep pull-downs x 3

- slow 500 m row, more crawls, shoulder mobility and foam roll.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk