Poll

What sort of raw meats do you usually eat?

I have frequent access to raw wild game/wildcaught seafood
8 (66.7%)
I only have occasional access to raw wild game/wildcaught seafood
1 (8.3%)
I can't get any wild foods at all, but have plentiful access to raw grassfed meats
2 (16.7%)
I have only access to raw grainfed meats for the most part.
1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Type of diet  (Read 6972 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Type of diet
« on: May 29, 2010, 04:30:55 am »
One of the great things about the  Instincto Diet was that it made it clear that wild foods were superior to grassfed/organic and similiar terms. I'm wondering how many of us have actual access to raw wild game.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
Re: Type of diet
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 04:42:51 am »
wild caught sea food: yes
wild game: no
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline Hans89

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 05:21:03 am »
I can get mackerel for a good price.

I theoretically have constant access (every Saturday) to game meats, but the price is too high as compared to lamb, so I eat lamb more often. I can't buy fat or organs locally usually, but I could order meat, marrow and organs from boar online. Organs and marrow are very expensive though.

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 06:05:11 am »
I have frequent access.
I have a number of extended family and friends who hunt deer and are more than willing to share a kill. I also plan on hunting this fall myself so game will be even more plentiful.
As for wild seafood I can buy quite a bit as I live fairly (40+/- miles) to the Atlantic shore. I buy a pound or two of swordfish every other week and have tried a number of other fish with varying degrees of success over the past couple months (Mako Shark was the second most successful). As it warms up there's supposed to be a fishmonger at the local farmer's market where I get my meat so we'll see what they have as well. ;D
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 12:54:57 pm »
I have frequent access.
I have a number of extended family and friends who hunt deer and are more than willing to share a kill. I also plan on hunting this fall myself so game will be even more plentiful.
As for wild seafood I can buy quite a bit as I live fairly (40+/- miles) to the Atlantic shore. I buy a pound or two of swordfish every other week and have tried a number of other fish with varying degrees of success over the past couple months (Mako Shark was the second most successful). As it warms up there's supposed to be a fishmonger at the local farmer's market where I get my meat so we'll see what they have as well. ;D
WOW, I'd love to share some wild game meat straight from my country home's backyard. some fish from my pond and turtle meat too. djr, and all of you're invited.
bugs or country chickens

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2010, 01:12:44 pm »
I have access to fresh wild game every fortnight and to frozen one every day.
Fatty parts of wild boar are the cheapest - they cost 25 z? per 1 kg (6 euro or 7,7$).
The most expensive are the leanest parts of rae deer - they cost 125 z? per 1 kg (31 euro or 38$).
Re wild caught sea food - I can order many types of wild fish and shellfish.
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 06:41:07 pm »
I get wild boar and deer during winter and spring. When I lived in Switzerland, I got a chamois every year, sometimes stag and even once half of an ibex. Usually I shared a whole animal with another instincto family and we stored it our fridges. In summer, it’s more difficult to find wild game and I have to buy New Zealand “chilled” lamb. Fortunately a friend of mine has just taken a nearby farm where he breeds 150 to 200 sheep ! 

For seafood, there’s quite a lot of choice here. Tuna, sardines, crabs, clams and so on. Sometimes someone brings me large wild oysters from Brittany.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 09:31:12 pm »
WOW, I'd love to share some wild game meat straight from my country home's backyard. some fish from my pond and turtle meat too. djr, and all of you're invited.

That's nice :) What kind of fish live in your pond?

I don't have access to wild-game.  I do have access to pasture grazed grass finished (raw non-frozen) meat.  That's the kind of meat I eat.

I have access to wild-caught (not frozen) fish almost all the time.  It would be out of my reach expense-wise to eat every day.  I rarely eat it, as I have lost some taste for it.  I feel like I need a more saturated kind of fat.

"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 12:41:41 pm »
   That's nice :) What kind of fish live in your pond?

I don't have access to wild-game.  I do have access to pasture grazed grass finished (raw non-frozen) meat.  That's the kind of meat I eat.

I have access to wild-caught (not frozen) fish almost all the time.  It would be out of my reach expense-wise to eat every day.  I rarely eat it, as I have lost some taste for it.  I feel like I need a more saturated kind of fat.

dear rawzi, catfish is very easy to grow. imagine eating it raw! i can eat any kind of turtle. eating turtle, we can live longer. i want to raise chicken in my brooklyn home, but now i'll be raising roosters and chickens together in my country home. lots of worms and green grass and insects will be there to feed my chickens. simple life costs too much money....
bugs or country chickens

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk