Author Topic: Explain Instincto Diet Fully #2  (Read 118947 times)

Offline Susan

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • rohkostwiki.de
Re: Explain Instincto Diet Fully #2
« Reply #150 on: July 22, 2010, 12:29:16 pm »
KD, I'm sorry if you believe I want to trick you with my question. This isn't my intention.

We don't live in an natural and especially not in a sane environment anymore. Environmental pollutions threaten not only the lives of mankind but the live of all creatures. But the laws of nature still exist even if many people believe we can trample all over them without any consequences. In my opinion the state of health (including body, mind and spiritual health) of many people is really alarming. But maybe it is necessary to define the terms "health" and "disease".

For me health of mind is characterized by creative intelligence free from egoistic aims knowing that all-is-one.

Spiritual health means that there is an inner faith in God (or if you want in the universe) and a dynamic internal peace independent from external circumstances.

A body is healthy when it works without any symptoms, in a harmonious change of activity and repose.

Dis-ease is therefore not only the appearance of physical symptoms and their disappearance doesn't mean one has been healed.

Of course there are different methods which can help to regain real health. For me raw instinctive eating is the most suitable method though I think sometimes it is helpful to use other methods too. For example when somebody don't want to remove toxic teeth fillings and thinks they doesn't disturb the healing process. :) And I don't talk only about mercury but of gold and plastics too. Plastics for example are known to destroy mirrow and stem cells.

Another point which I want to mention: I think it's not necessary to look back what our ancestors have eaten. Evolution is a continous process (do you know Bruce Liptons book "Spontaneaous Evolution"?) and maybe the enviroment of the modern man requires a different diet but always in harmony with the laws of nature. Knowing what real health is you can see if your diet works with or without the help of experts. You only need an open-minded self-oberservation.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 22, 2010, 01:38:50 pm »

I agree with pretty much all of what you say here. Especially the part about associating no-symptoms with health and in talking about copying ancestors, although I do think it is helpful to have an understanding of our natural diet. I tend to think self-observation as you are mentioning (which I also think is positive) would be the opposite of instincts as is being defined.

I didn't think there was any malice or 'trickery'. It just isn't the type of question I think where there is much of an answer for, because the 'problem' doesn't accurately describe the current dilemma. I happened to take the less popular stance in that I do believe nature is not necessarily the best weapon again non-nature, as seen time and again. The example of the whales was to prove that eating their natural diet is not fixing their problem. So how can it fix all of ours especially with the other backtracking on needs to do and having poor inheritance? I also believe humans are complex spiritual creatures, also with high amounts of knowledge. To attribute these entirely to our discredit is really getting close to accepting the same fates as animals I believe.

Whether our bodies can become so intuitive that we crave the right materials form nature to balance out these internal issues on top of our nutritional needs I do not know, but I remain skeptical especially considering it still seems possible for some (including animals) to choose inadequate foods and quantities instinctively given artificial environments alone without even factoring in internal stuff or lifestyle. The case of the street cat is one such example (which isn't wild) but I listed others involving artificial constructs earlier, which I believe were satisfactory in claiming that any decisions over food are largely intellectual anyway. Also based on the anecdotal readings of what types of things people dismiss from their diet (regardless of the whole macro nutrient debate) that it is clear that many make due on whatever foods available and in the end claim it is instinct and not other factors.

Offline Susan

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • rohkostwiki.de
« Reply #152 on: July 23, 2010, 11:48:12 pm »
To tell the truth it's really no pure instinct which drives me to my food. It's a combination of instinct, intuition and intellect. But the instinct (smell and taste) is the last instance before eating anything. Time will show if the combination of instinct, intuition and intellect will help to heal myself.

Offline GCB

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 24, 2010, 08:27:13 pm »
I agree with pretty much all of what you say here. Especially the part about associating no-symptoms with health and in talking about copying ancestors, although I do think it is helpful to have an understanding of our natural diet. I tend to think self-observation as you are mentioning (which I also think is positive) would be the opposite of instincts as is being defined.

Not at all: self-observation is precisely what allows us to use the instinct for controlling the nutritional balance.

I didn't think there was any malice or 'trickery'. It just isn't the type of question I think where there is much of an answer for, because the 'problem' doesn't accurately describe the current dilemma. I happened to take the less popular stance in that I do believe nature is not necessarily the best weapon again non-nature, as seen time and again. The example of the whales was to prove that eating their natural diet is not fixing their problem.

The starting point of my questioning on the instinct is precisely that of the animal’s instinct failure: the cat we cherished, my wife and I before having children, poisoned himself one day with white paint. I found him beside the can of paint, died with white paint still on his lips and mouth. I had always heard that cats’ instinct was particularly reliable, and here our cat succumbed to a mortal error of his instinct…

Only later did I understand what happened to him. Paint has never before been included in the natural environment in which the instinct of cats was shaped. Thus, it can happen that they are attracted by a toxic product, up to the point of gorging to death. In fact, the same phenomenon occurs for man with chips, cheese, chocolate and almost everything processed: these products do not exist in nature and they fascinate our senses, hence leaving us unprotected: we fall into greediness, and the pleasure leads us to illness and death. The only means we have to protect us is reason, namely knowledge of the danger, and the will enabling us to “resist temptation”.

So how can it fix all of ours especially with the other backtracking on needs to do and having poor inheritance? I also believe humans are complex spiritual creatures, also with high amounts of knowledge. To attribute these entirely to our discredit is really getting close to accepting the same fates as animals I believe.

If you speak this way about the instincto, it’s because you did not understand it. It’s in no way a matter of entirely entrusting our instinct and of giving up our intelligence. On the contrary, as I wrote in my first book: one needs much intelligence to get out of the traps due to intelligence! Indeed, one needs a lot of intelligence and knowledge to be able to use what remains of our instinct, but this rest of instinct is essential since without it we’re unable to know the real needs of our body at any moment. These needs vary much more than it is generally believed, from a former cooked food dieter to another and from a moment to another. Dietetics can only indicate averages, which implies that it provides false indications each time the needs of an individual deviate from average.

This is why the listening of our instinct allows results far better than those of the most assiduous dietetics: the needs are adjusted day after day and even meal after meal to the real state of the body, and as an engine with a more accurate injection equipment, the performances in term of health and self healing are considerably better.

Whether our bodies can become so intuitive that we crave the right materials form nature to balance out these internal issues on top of our nutritional needs I do not know, but I remain skeptical especially considering it still seems possible for some (including animals) to choose inadequate foods and quantities instinctively given artificial environments alone without even factoring in internal stuff or lifestyle. The case of the street cat is one such example (which isn't wild) but I listed others involving artificial constructs earlier, which I believe were satisfactory in claiming that any decisions over food are largely intellectual anyway. Also based on the anecdotal readings of what types of things people dismiss from their diet (regardless of the whole macro nutrient debate) that it is clear that many make due on whatever foods available and in the end claim it is instinct and not other factors.

Of course!

You’re beating a dead horse: the instincto consists precisely in the whole set of rules one should know in view to avoid falling neither into the errors of conventional diet, nor in those our instinct makes vis-a-vis an environment it is not adapted to. I never went so far as saying that it’s required to forget everything and trust exclusively the response of our nose and mouth. What I say, it is that the instinct only, or more exactly the alliesthesic mechanisms, can enable us to recognize the stuff we really need; but for these mechanisms to function correctly, it’s indispensable to respect a complete series of rules and to use of a whole lot of knowledge.

To tell the truth it's really no pure instinct which drives me to my food. It's a combination of instinct, intuition and intellect. But the instinct (smell and taste) is the last instance before eating anything. Time will show if the combination of instinct, intuition and intellect will help to heal myself.  

Exactly: it has never been a matter of obeying blindly and exclusively to our pure instinct. This idea was forged by Alphagruis (in quoting out of context fragments of my writings) and it still pollutes the debate. The superiority of instinctonutrition is precisely that it exploits on one hand our intellectual knowledge when useful, and on the other hand knowledge of the body, i.e. the instinct where the intellect is unable to provide the suitable answers. Research around the instincto theory, in this field, are nothing less than checking the coherence between instinctive attractions and the scientific knowledge.

I believe necessary now to get freed once and for good from this false idea hammered by Alphagruis according to who instinctotherapy would consist in a blind and entire confidence to the data provided by our senses. It is on the contrary the double awakening of the irreplaceable function of the instinct as well as the resort to knowledge and thought that allow this instinct to function correctly.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 09:31:32 pm by GCB »

Offline Hanna

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 24, 2010, 11:56:35 pm »
What I say, it is that the instinct only, or more exactly the alliesthesic mechanisms,

I think it would avoid a lot of "misunderstandings" and misconceptions and it would also be more correct to speak of "alliesthetic mechanisms" instead of "instinct".

Offline Hanna

• Shaman
    • View Profile
Re: Explain INstincto Diet Fully #2
« Reply #155 on: July 25, 2010, 01:04:45 am »
Overload in fat paves the way to cardiovascular disorders (atheroma), and that of  protein to hyperkeratosis, metabolic disorders (gout, joints problems), allergic diseases or autoimmune diseases, a vulnerability to infectious diseases and with some bad luck, to cancer.

I remind to you that your results, which you had the honesty to communicate in your « Journal », show a catastrophic imbalance, to tell the truth.

Quote from: carnivore on August 26, 2009, 12:15:01 PM
Here are my blood test results. I am on a mainly raw carnivorous (zerocarbs) diet for 8 months, eating mainly beef (grass-fed and grain-fed), and some horse, pork, lamb. I also eat tallow and pemmican, and clarified raw organic butter.
FBG = 0.96 g/l (0.74-1.06)
A1C = 5.5% (<6%)
Urea = 0.52 g/l (0.17-0.43)
Total cholesterol = 4.31 g/l (<2)
HDL = 0.65 g/l (>0.4)
Triglycerids = 1.47 g/l (<1.5)
LDL = 3.37 g/l (<0.9-1.6)
VLDL = 0.29 g/l (0.05-0.25)
Vitamin B9 (folic acid) = 2.94 (>5.38)
Fasting blood glucose is pretty high, like my A1C and my urea is too high.
LDL is very high and VLDL is a bit too high.
Folic acid is too low.
Triglycerids could be lower.
I believe I still eat too much fat, as my pulse raises to 90 after eating, and I have some unpleasant symptoms.
I'll try to stick to one meal a day for the next months, to see if health improves.

Gcb,
Even babies and especially their brains use ketone bodies as an energy source (to a greater extent than "normal" adults!). So why shouldn´t this be healthy?

I can´t believe, that a a high fat diet necessarily leads to an imbalance. Here are my blood values of two years ago (at this time I ate very little fruit and much fat, but almost no food of animal origin):

Cholesterin 124 mg/dl (Norm 110-220)
HDL-Cholesterin 51 mg/dl (Norm 25-80)
LDL-Cholesterin 75 mg/dl (Norm 70-150)
Triglyceride 51 mg/dl (50-150)

Dictionary says Cholesterin = cholesterol in English

Offline GCB

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 25, 2010, 05:17:51 am »
I think it would avoid a lot of "misunderstandings" and misconceptions and it would also be more correct to speak of "alliesthetic mechanisms" instead of "instinct".

I fully agree. But the discovery that I believe I’ve made, is that the alimentary instinct, in particular in the animal, precisely consists in the alliesthesic mechanisms. The latter are obviously innate and operate a nutritional self-regulation. These two criteria precisely define the instinct…

I can´t believe, that a a high fat diet necessarily leads to an imbalance. Here are my blood values of two years ago (at this time I ate very little fruit and much fat, but almost no food of animal origin):

To insure that I understand you: the fat you consumed were not from animals? If it’s really the case, what kind of plant fat?

Offline Hanna

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 25, 2010, 01:27:10 pm »

To insure that I understand you: the fat you consumed were not from animals? If it’s really the case, what kind of plant fat?

Yes, not from animals. I then began to eat (more) food of animal origin because my B12 was a bit low.

>>If it’s really the case, what kind of plant fat?

Nuts, avocado, coconut. I never perceive an overload of fat when I eat fatty fish, bone marrow, coconuts, "wild" avocados or relatively fresh walnuts, for example. I have to be careful when I eat cultivated avodado varieties (e. g. all spanish avocado varieties) and dried nuts like for example macadamia nuts.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 27, 2010, 07:18:03 am »

If you speak this way about the instincto, it’s because you did not understand it. It’s in no way a matter of entirely entrusting our instinct and of giving up our intelligence. On the contrary, as I wrote in my first book: one needs much intelligence to get out of the traps due to intelligence! Indeed, one needs a lot of intelligence and knowledge to be able to use what remains of our instinct, but this rest of instinct is essential since without it we’re unable to know the real needs of our body at any moment. These needs vary much more than it is generally believed, from a former cooked food dieter to another and from a moment to another. Dietetics can only indicate averages, which implies that it provides false indications each time the needs of an individual deviate from average.

This is why the listening of our instinct allows results far better than those of the most assiduous dietetics: the needs are adjusted day after day and even meal after meal to the real state of the body, and as an engine with a more accurate injection equipment, the performances in term of health and self healing are considerably better.

GCB, Thank you for further articulating points that I had already acknowledged earlier. ie. that instincto is more that just reverting to a basic instinct. In this case I was merely responding to Susan and was talking about my philosophy. Since they line up with certain aspects of instincto philosophy, all the better.

as for everything else, no dead horse here.  Your cat story - while touching - is less satisfying than to my analogy, which deals not at all with consuming direct pollutants or even really modern toxins within foods but in choosing second-class fare for eating. I don't see how you can't argue that even in nature this can happen based on lack of diversity, or similarly to have increased proximity of adequate food that desire can be satisfied. Most of my points here:  
http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/instinctoanopsology/explain-instincto-diet-fully-2/msg38617/#msg38617

revolved around these issues. All I have to do is observe that modern Instinctos are dismissing huge varieties of certain foods that we *know* would have been eaten in nature in favor of other foods which could not even be compiled in nature to know that this instinct - even with accompanying intelligence and self-observation - as you say can be possibly trumped by more 'rigorous' systems.

that said this is 100% my opinion and think you make good points about deviating from averages, and that our needs can possibly shift even on a day to day basis. Once again however if these 'averages' can produce seemingly optimal results, while satisfying 'instincto philosophy' in all it entails produces inferior results (again if this is the case) It matters little as another theoretical system of the many that SHOULD work. My typo may have been a misunderstanding, but it should have wrote: nature doesn’t necessarily work against non-nature. I’ve totally lost faith in ‘natural’ or ‘original’ as having much of a qualifier, so i'd weigh alot more on the 'self-observation' and intuition component than the instinct component personally, as I believe the instinct part can be largely dictated by artifical avaliability.

Offline GCB

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 29, 2010, 04:19:04 am »

Yes, not from animals. I then began to eat (more) food of animal origin because my B12 was a bit low.
>>If it’s really the case, what kind of plant fat?
Nuts, avocado, coconut. I never perceive an overload of fat when I eat fatty fish, bone marrow, coconuts, "wild" avocados or relatively fresh walnuts, for example. I have to be careful when I eat cultivated avodado varieties (e. g. all spanish avocado varieties) and dried nuts like for example macadamia nuts.

I better understand now your triglyceride and cholesterol levels! I was influenced by the massive animal fat consumption of “Carnivore”, to whom I answered in the same post. The fatty stuff you consumed definitely don’t induce the same problems. If you could eat it without mixing nor seasoning, it’s that it corresponded to your needs and to your assimilation capacity. Otherwise, the taste, palatability and repletion would have warned you about an overload. Moreover, the rich in lipids plants do not contain the masses of abnormal molecules found in inadequately fed animals’ fat.

Most wild animals have very little fat, and if domesticated ones have spectacular amounts of fat, it is not only for lack of activity, but also because of the methods of foddering, with cereals, complements, perhaps hormones or heated food (such as the now usual pellets) result in accumulation either of inassimilable nutrients excesses and even perhaps of toxic matters. To eat standard livestock fat is equal to absorb a concentrate of non-primal molecules and to expose oneself to all the disorders due to denatured food, this being worsened by our position at the end of the food chain.

I’m under the impression that such a fondness of fat could well be a sign of a health issue, for example on the liver or pancreas side. I think that you’ve instinctively obeyed to the potentialities of your body, but you’ve been nonetheless quite far from the generally observed balance. There must be a cause to that, and I advise you to search for it rather than deduce from your personal experience or from some other singular cases that a balanced diet should more or less match yours.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 04:26:26 am by GCB »

Offline GCB

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 29, 2010, 10:38:52 pm »
Quote from: KD date=1280186283
GCB, Thank you for further articulating points that I had already acknowledged earlier. ie. that instincto is more that just reverting to a basic instinct. In this case I was merely responding to Susan and was talking about my philosophy. Since they line up with certain aspects of instincto philosophy, all the better.
as for everything else, no dead horse here.  Your cat story - while touching - is less satisfying than to my analogy, which deals not at all with consuming direct pollutants or even really modern toxins within foods but in choosing second-class fare for eating.

I am not sure you’ve understood the reason why I quoted this observation on my cat: it was only the starting point of thoughts, which, of course, were developed with the support of experiments and extended to all the alimentary artifices, including the recent ecological modifications introduced by man. Just as the instinct of the cat can be misguided vis-a-vis a product inexistent in the environment to which its genome adapted, our senses of taste and other mechanisms of regulation can be fooled by artificially selected fruits sweeter than natural, etc.

But the main cause of failure of the instinctive operation remains the culinary artifices: to season a salad with a drop of oil, lemon and a pinch of salt is enough to make this salad delectable whereas the body would refuse it under natural conditions. It’s the same with any preparation modifying the organoleptic characteristics of natural foods: for example, the simple fact of pressing a grapefruit to extract its juice disorganizes the gustatory mechanisms and inhibits the signal which would allow to limit the quantity of fruit according to the needs and potentialities of the body. It’s much worse if one adds sugar to the juice, but a simple pressing is enough to erase the normal instinctive stop. The experiment is very easy, at least when the sense of taste is regenerated by a period of natural nutrition.

I don't see how you can't argue that even in nature this can happen based on lack of diversity, or similarly to have increased proximity of adequate food that desire can be satisfied. Most of my points here:  
http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/instinctoanopsology/explain-instincto-diet-fully-2/msg38617/#msg38617 revolved around these issues.

Of course, in nature an animal must face all kinds of difficulties. But it cannot be deduced that these difficulties are favorable to health! There are for example volcanic eruptions and forest fires. It is not a reason to think that a prolonged famine allows the children to better grow or that roasted meat would be healthier. I do not see any relevant way of thinking which would allow saying that one would be better if undergoing the same deprivations as those occurring in the primitive world. A wild species encountering too many difficulties in its biotope either ends up being delocalized, or by adapting (if it is possible, because there are limits to any adaptation), or else by disappearing.

The experiment has shown me that the provision of a great choice of different foodstuff permits the individual, in so far as he obeys to the alliesthesic mechanisms and by disregarding any preconceived idea, to discover the best suitable stuff for the maintenance or the re-establishment of his health. The specific choices of sick people are sometimes astonishing: one will pounce on crabs, another on water melons, a third on bundles of parsley. But each time, the results show that the choice was not the work of chance.

That’s what makes me think the genetic (including epigenetic) programming of the organism can take into account a immense lot of situations, relating as well to the various possible disorders of the organism than to the various foodstuffs available in nature. On the other hand, the experiment shows that deteriorations of savor commonly done by processing food to “improve” it, more or less disable this wisdom of the body and leads to a systematic imbalance – against which only dietetic principles remain to avoid the worst troubles.

All I have to do is observe that modern Instinctos are dismissing huge varieties of certain foods that we *know* would have been eaten in nature in favor of other foods which could not even be compiled in nature to know that this instinct - even with accompanying intelligence and self-observation - as you say can be possibly trumped by more 'rigorous' systems.

I’m not sure I’ve understood properly your sentence.

It’s a fact that the products we have today are not the same as those available for example to primates in a primary forest or those our hominid ancestors had. But once again, according to the experiments, products provided by agriculture seem closer to bring a correct operation of the instinctive regulation than products modified by the art of cooking and even by raw paleo processing and mixing.

The experiment is quickly done: take somebody who has eaten “instincto” for a while and tell him to eat his avocados with salt; his avocado consumption will be multiplied by two, even perhaps by five or ten under the only effect of this seasoning: the normal alliesthesic signals will not intervene or in a so fuzzy way that they won’t be recognizable. But if you give him the most artificially selected and easier tasting avocados, such as of the Hass variety, the stop will certainly be less clear than with wild varieties but it will nevertheless happen much earlier than with salted wild varieties. With a bit of self-observation and intelligence, it will suffice to watch for the first negative components appearing in the taste or consistency to stop at an adequate amount.

It’s the same if you compare wild strawberries and cultivated strawberries: the selected strawberries stop much less clearly than their wild ancestor, but they stop nevertheless. With a minimum of training, one can perfectly recognize the right dose whereas with whipped cream and sugar you can absorb quantities of strawberries without any connection to your digestive capacity nor with your needs; it then becomes necessary to stop by observing external, dietary rules having the disadvantage of not corresponding to individual specificities. In other words, dietetic is the corollary of culinary food processing…

Available fruits and foodstuff constitute an approximation of an ideal environment, sufficient for the modifications due to the artificial selection and other agricultural processes to not distort too seriously the operation of the instinct. A suitable training allows to compensate for the drift and this compensation is precise enough so that the listening of the body (= instinctotherapy) allows to reach a much more precise nutritional balance than any other method. It is indeed impossible to know from outside what exactly occurs inside an organism.

The criterion which best highlights this precision of the balance obtained is that of the inflammatory tendency, as I already wrote elsewhere. This commonly observable tendency to oedema, erythema and pain in the event of lesion does not belong to a normal operation of the body. It shows a dysfunction of the immune system under the effect of nutritional imbalance, phenomenon still unknown by the medicine because it is only observable outside the culinary context. It enabled me to precisely delimit the rules to be complied with so that tour alimentary instinct can work correctly.

that said this is 100% my opinion and think you make good points about deviating from averages, and that our needs can possibly shift even on a day to day basis. Once again however if these 'averages' can produce seemingly optimal results, while satisfying 'instincto philosophy' in all it entails produces inferior results (again if this is the case) It matters little as another theoretical system of the many that SHOULD work. My typo may have been a misunderstanding, but it should have wrote: nature doesn’t necessarily work against non-nature. I’ve totally lost faith in ‘natural’ or ‘original’ as having much of a qualifier, so i'd weigh alot more on the 'self-observation' and intuition component than the instinct component personally, as I believe the instinct part can be largely dictated by artifical avaliability.

Have you ever thoroughly tested your alimentary instinct? For that, you should avoid during a week any seasoning, culinary preparation (not only cooking, but also all mixing), nibbling between meals, inappropriate food associations, have an adapted provisioning, etc and observe what occurs. As long as you haven’t done this experiment, your opinions will remain based on representations drawn from what you could notice with processed and mixed food, which disorganizes the alliesthesic mechanisms. Moreover, your observations were done on the basis of a body itself faded in its operation by imbalances due to food processing, or by imbalances induced by dietetic beliefs.

So that the facts on which your representation of reality and your personal opinions are build up were doubly distorted and will remain so until you’ve done this experiment. Once you’ll have done it, we will be able to talk about all that on a common basis.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 10:54:20 pm by GCB »

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 30, 2010, 12:36:13 am »
I understood that once again issues were ignored in favor of a lengthy response touting elements of Instincto I could (personally) care less in disputing, that condiments and cooking prouce less adequate readings on what is food and how much etc...

The issue is whether following Instincto (as defined not just ones insticts or desires) yields the absolute best health over invented human systems of dietetics or other healing modalities, toxic extractions, modes of exercise, or spirtual/mind-body pursuits, OR lastly: possible value in foods labeled as toxic

citing scarcity was to speak in natural situations how animals will accept whatever. Similarly given abundances of some foods, they might eat more (yes to an eventual stopping point) of something that is usually less abundant. So in simplistic terms even an animal in nature might not be getting 100% its best diet and also worth noting is animals consistantly sniff out and die of natural poisons and even live longer in captivity given poor quality subsitutions. So it is indeed possible that even a wild animal could be given a diet of its own wild substance that could be improved by 'dietetics'.

Contemporary humans with artifical excess of foods and the reverse: either modern poor quality or CHOICE in prefrence of that RANGE to not eat blood, bugs, and brains and other such things leads me to believe that humans can satisy their palates quite easily without condiments but merely distorting their intake from what is truly natural and instinctual. It seems to be ignored perhaps that they could be dealing much more with the needs of internal mixrobes (for one example) than their own nutritional needs.

As Susan pointed out there are many 'obstructions' for lack of a better word of modern substances that can prevent or suppress good health, focusing on removing salad dressing - while helpful - is not exactly the tool set that is going to fix all problems.

the main point was and is that animals and humans in artificial environments untainted by such things won't necessarily achieve ideal nutrtion following thier instinct - especially if it can be overcome by those situations either in abundance or dearth. I've given multiple examples of this.

Instincts, self-observation, and intelligence are all things of importance yet I still insist that they are not *necessarily* enough to guide someone from sickness to wellness and CAN be improved by 'artifical' and 'learned' methods. I've spent years truly mono eating (not this eat/wait 15 minutes BS that seems acceptible in Instincto even though it works contary to fairly accepted science of digestion) and w/o condiments. So my opinions are based on both my experience, and not having a suitable example of health, vitality, and vigor that I find even much more impressive the the WHO minimums being cited.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 30, 2010, 04:33:48 am »
OK, KD, I’ll try to address the points I more or less grabbed in your last post. I must say it ain’t easy to catch what you mean and I have to re-read most of your phrases several times to understand. You could at least type your messages on Word or such so that the typos are underlined in red and the software suggests an automatic correction. It would ease the process of understanding you.

The issue is whether following Instincto (as defined not just ones insticts or desires) yields the absolute best health over invented human systems of dietetics or other healing modalities, toxic extractions, modes of exercise, or spirtual/mind-body pursuits,(…)

How do you define “absolute best health”…? Nutrition is only one amongst numerous factors shaping health. The “invented human systems of dietetics” don’t agree, they all have different theories and recommendations. On this forum only there are fruitarians, vegans, vegetarians, omnivores, carnivores, lowcarbers, zerocarbers, primal dieters, wai dieters, Weston Price dieters…

The instinto theory and application field is about nutrition and nothing else. Of course, you can practice instinctive nutrition and use other healing modalities such as “toxic extractions, modes of exercise, or spirtual/mind-body pursuits”. The instincto practice doesn’t exclude breathing, walking, running, cycling, windsurfing, writing lengthy posts on Internet forums or going to the church, mosque, praying to Akenaton, Krishna, Guru Gangstarr or to adorate the Star Zorglub.

(…)OR lastly: possible value in foods labeled as toxic

What do you mean? Anyway and of course again, toxicity is usually dependant on the dose. I already provided twice the link to the website about the dangerous chemical DHMO  ;D :P:
I suppose you know that everything becomes a poison when eaten in excessive amount and that even a noxious chemical such as DHMO (dihydrogen monoxide, see http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html) can be beneficial to our health when taken in limited quantity.

I meant that the usual notion about toxic – non toxic stuff is invalid since many things are beneficial to our health when ingested in the proper amount but become noxious when this amount is exceeded. Therefore, the categorization between food and toxic stuff is at least unclear, and at most totally irrelevant. Something ingested at a specific dose can be a food for an animal and a poison for another, and for different individuals as well.

citing scarcity was to speak in natural situations how animals will accept whatever. Similarly given abundances of some foods, they might eat more (yes to an eventual stopping point) of something that is usually less abundant.

Yes, and then?

So in simplistic terms even an animal in nature might not be getting 100% its best diet and also worth noting is animals consistantly sniff out and die of natural poisons and even live longer in captivity given poor quality subsitutions. So it is indeed possible that even a wild animal could be given a diet of its own wild substance that could be improved by 'dietetics'.

Yes, perfection doesn’t belong to this world and wild animals are very often in a situation not 100% optimal for them. There’s less danger to live in captivity than having to hunt and climb trees to find food, so… Which dietetic would you choose to improve on a wild animal diet?  

Contemporary humans with artifical excess of foods and the reverse: either modern poor quality or CHOICE in prefrence of that RANGE to not eat blood, bugs, and brains and other such things leads me to believe that humans can satisy their palates quite easily without condiments but merely distorting their intake from what is truly natural and instinctual. It seems to be ignored perhaps that they could be dealing much more with the needs of internal mixrobes (for one example) than their own nutritional needs. .

You’re in speculative mode here, your statement isn’t falsifiable. Yes, it might be so… and it may not be so… Only experiments can tell.

As Susan pointed out there are many 'obstructions' for lack of a better word of modern substances that can prevent or suppress good health, focusing on removing salad dressing - while helpful - is not exactly the tool set that is going to fix all problems. .

What is your tool set able to fix all the problems?

the main point was and is that animals and humans in artificial environments untainted by such things won't necessarily achieve ideal nutrtion following thier instinct - especially if it can be overcome by those situations either in abundance or dearth. I've given multiple examples of this. .

Yes, you’re right and that’s why the only solution is to approach as much as possible (or simulate) a non-artificial environment. Again, ideal nutrition is a concept of yours. You can never get anything ideal in every respect. In a choice, there are always compromises to be done. What is the ideal car? The ideal house? The ideal post on Raw Paleo Forum?

Instincts, self-observation, and intelligence are all things of importance yet I still insist that they are not *necessarily* enough to guide someone from sickness to wellness and CAN be improved by 'artifical' and 'learned' methods.

Yes, we miss the natural training wild animals have, we have to learn for that.

I've spent years truly mono eating (not this eat/wait 15 minutes BS that seems acceptible in Instincto even though it works contary to fairly accepted science of digestion)

There’s no such thing with Instincto. Everyone has to find his way and each case, each day, is different. Just like some other poster, you seem wanting to confine instinctive nutrition into rigid dogmas. But it holds no dogmas: on the contrary, it is a way of putting dogmas into questions.

So my opinions are based on both my experience, and not having a suitable example of health, vitality, and vigor that I find even much more impressive the the WHO minimums being cited.

Do you want the names of GCB, JDD, LB children? Get out of your island, go and meet them.  
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Hanna

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 30, 2010, 06:42:58 pm »
gcb, thanks for your answers. Why do you think there could be liver issues?

When I still was chronically ill my liver values were monitored but they never indicated liver issues. Do you think that liver issues can develop if someone begins to eat raw (instincto)?

I mentioned that I had, among others, a mild chronic (autoimmune?) pancreatits before I began to eat rawfood. After the blood test two years ago the physician told me that there is no indication of pancreatitis any longer (or of any of my other previous health issues). But I didn´t need a physician to realize  that. ;)

As far as I know I never had any problems with blood glucose. My blood glucose level was 73 mg/dl (norm 60-120), when measured two years ago. And this was not even a fasting value; I had lunched before the blood test.

rather than deduce from your personal experience or from some other singular cases that a balanced diet should more or less match yours.

I didn´t claim that. And currently I eat clearly more sugar than two years ago. But why shouldn´t it be possible that a nutrition with a high proportion of fat is as healthy as a nutrition with a high proportion of carbohydrates? Why shouldn´t humans be flexible in their nutrition? From a evolutionary point of view, this would make sense!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 06:50:44 pm by Hanna »

Offline Hanna

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 30, 2010, 09:28:42 pm »
If you could eat it without mixing nor seasoning,

Yes, of course!

I just read in Lex´s Journal. His cholesterol values seem to be within the norm, although he eats Zero Carb and exclusively animal food.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: July 30, 2010, 11:34:26 pm »

Yes, and then?

Yes, it might be so… and it may not be so…

I don't know how to properly feed a bear, but what I would do to start is observe how it eats in nature and replicate that as best as possible in its un-natural setting based on its current shifted requirements. What I would NOT do is get a variety of things it CAN potentially eat divorced of its current abilities and present those foods to the bear in artificial quanities in its artificial domicile and expect it to eat at optimal levels like it would in nature. If I was to withold whole chunks of its dietary staples from nature I would indeed fully expect it to turn to more of it's 'marginal' foods (like honey) if they were provided. Eventually the bear might show signs of lack of say protein, but it would be far after the needed supply for optimal health. If that bear was of many distorted generations, shot up with all kinds of drugs and chemicals, was incredibly inactive, attrophied etc...these would also be factors, but they need not be for a basic critique of this process.  In short, you keep referrig to training to be like animals or at least -humans pure of sense, and yet all my criticisms seem to involve speaking of 'pure' animals that would run into similar issues that are linked to environment and internal issues.

You keep hanging up on terms like 'optimal' and 'dogma'. Please, stop stretching my meaning of 'optimal' which obviously is the comparrison of two things and whether one 'false' system can be more competitive in many aspects of both nutrtion AND healing than the principles outlined in Instincto.

Obviously in terms of nutrtion alone, eating any diet that is all raw and contains some ammount of animal foods will be somewhat healthy when just considering vitamins and minerals and larger nutrients. Unfortunately many people have internal issues that won't resolve eating any variety of these foods, and some may be exaccerbated. Otherwise anyone that ate a more or less raw omni diet would be far healthier than everyone else who did not, and would continue with the diet indeffinetly unless their main blockage was 100% social which is not the case.

Dogma has many deffintions, but an easy one to accept I believe is following ANY particular idea (even ones that seem concrete like evolution) despite obvious flaws in its construction and motivation. If one cannot accept that Instincto is not giving the best health for everyone actually following it, and certainly not for others who have attempted trying it, clearly it isn't the one-sized-fits all open philosophy you make it out to be. As I and the others that have more direct experience with Insctinco have pointed out, the 'diet' as it is defined is far easier and more satisying both socially and otherwise than any other RAF or RVAF approach, in constrast with the restrictive systems that you point out are so disparate yet have many more followers. Do people have that much societal ingrained doubt of their instinctual abilities to bring the best health? or on the contrary, do they know from their own intuition and experience of others what is suitable?

Offline NNTaleb

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 31, 2010, 08:55:47 pm »
Once your mind is inhabited with a certain view of the world, you will tend to only consider instance proving you to be right. Paradoxically, the more information you have, the more justified you will feel in your views.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 31, 2010, 09:45:01 pm »
Once your mind is inhabited with a certain view of the world, you will tend to only consider instance proving you to be right. Paradoxically, the more information you have, the more justified you will feel in your views.

You’re welcome to this forum! Yes, it’s exactly what has always happen in the history of science: the new ideas are discarded on the basis of former views of the world and beliefs. The innovators challenging the accepted conventional views have always been mistreated and their ideas eventually accepted only once evidence was so strong that even a blind would see it.

See for example Broad and Wade “Betrayers of the Truth”.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline GCB

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 31, 2010, 09:49:04 pm »

gcb, thanks for your answers. Why do you think there could be liver issues?
When I still was chronically ill my liver values were monitored but they never indicated liver issues. Do you think that liver issues can develop if someone begins to eat raw (instincto)?

I only suggested there could be a metabolic problem enabling you to instinctively eat such quantities of fatty stuff. If you had eaten it seasoned, nothing could be deduced. But as you consumed them without processing or mixing, and moreover while excluding animal fat, it should be that your organism does better with a fraction of lipids higher than average.

It’s precisely what the instinct allows: to recognize individual needs. But if the individual needs deviate from the average, it is because there is an unspecified physiological reason. I spoke somehow randomly about liver and pancreas, organs that play a crucial role in the metabolism of sugars and fat. Your liver seems in good order, but apparently I was not too much off the mark, since you showed some signs chronic pancreatitis, which could have worsened without instinctive guidance.

I mentioned that I had, among others, a mild chronic (autoimmune?) pancreatits before I began to eat rawfood. After the blood test two years ago the physician told me that there is no indication of pancreatitis any longer (or of any of my other previous health issues). But I didn´t need a physician to realize  that.

It is very likely that your raw food diet largely contributed to restore your pancreas in good shape. The autoimmune mechanisms run off under the effect of molecular anomalies and overloads ascribable to denatured food. The way you describe the food savors leads me to think that you’re very attentive to the indications of your senses, i.e. you followed your instinct, and therefore the better balance obtained (for example by he severe reduction of sugars) allowed the symptoms neutralization. In other words: either your instinct enabled a regeneration of your pancreas particularly by decreasing the inflammatory tendency, or it allows your body to cope with a pancreas remained defective. In this second case, the resumption of an unbalanced or toxic food would cause the reappearance of the same disorders.

As far as I know I never had any problems with blood glucose. My blood glucose level was 73 mg/dl (norm 60-120), when measured two years ago. And this was not even a fasting value; I had lunched before the blood test.

A pancreatic dysfunction can be present without the rate of glucose being abnormal. A lesion of the Langerhans cells is necessary to compromise the insulin secretion, whereas your disorder can be of another nature.

Quote from: GCB on July 28, 2010, 03:19:04 PM
rather than deduce from your personal experience or from some other singular cases that a balanced diet should more or less match yours.
Quote from: Hanna on Yesterday at 05:42:58 AM
I didn´t claim that. And currently I eat clearly more sugar than two years ago. But why shouldn´t it be possible that a nutrition with a high proportion of fat is as healthy as a nutrition with a high proportion of carbohydrates? Why shouldn´t humans be flexible in their nutrition? From a evolutionary point of view, this would make sense!

Of course, there is a good margin of flexibility. All is in the way we use this flexibility: if we constrain ourselves to be deprived of certain food whereas we eat some others in excess on the basis of dietetic or ideological principles, we lose points. Even if our body may deal with that, certain processes are likely to be inhibited and damage our health in the more or less long run.

On the contrary, if the organism seeks by itself a nutritional balance diverging from the standard, one can count on the fact that it is trying to compensate for an undetermined dysfunction. In this second case, flexibility enables the body to face a difficulty even if it means to lose some points due to temporary shortages or overloads, whereas in the first case it is constrained into an imbalance without any other stake than to satisfy a preconceived idea, and the result is generally negative.

The distinctive feature of instinctotherapy is precisely to let the organism choose its way as freely as possible with a sufficient variety of possibilities (therefore a great diversity of foodstuffs), to learn how to recognize the language of the body and never constrain it too long  in an arbitrary situation.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 09:59:48 pm by GCB »

Offline GCB

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 18, 2010, 06:48:59 am »

Hanna, Paleophil,

Your responses are always based on the assumption that we can explain everything with current knowledge. The biological (and geological) reality has consistently proven to be much different from what is believed at a point in the historical advancement of knowledge. That’s why I am very leery of all the arguments that can be done by applying the laws of evolution to what we believe known about the history of our genome.

Experience shows that all fruits work very well on the instinctive and metabolic points. The fruits grown in South-East Asia are in general particularly well suited, but other fruits found in other parts of the world are also suitable. True, it’s surprising that the organism meets the same criteria of proper operation with Thai jackfruit and with Swiss Alpine foothills blueberries. However, experience shows that it is the case, and this remains the key point.

I personally feel that the current species distribution results of a sort of split of what could have been the wild before the onset of culinary arts and agriculture. Cooking greatly limits the consumption of fruit for the benefit of grain (because with cooked grain there is no barrier against instinctive nutritional overload, thus a massive excess drastically impeding the consumption of fruit). Most varieties of fruit were then abandoned, the primeval forest largely destroyed by slash and burn (think about what is happening in Madagascar or in other regions where the need for daily cooking fuel directly generates desertification). Hence, it’s by coincidence that such ethnic group retained this or that fruit species, and that we found each fruit in a habitat we end up to believe primitive because we don’t really know what happened previously. It is therefore unnecessary and unproductive to ask detailed questions about the origin of our nutritional trends and dangerous to infer from this type of speculations the usefulness or nuisance of this or that regime.

That is why I prefered to question the body and what remains of our genetic programming. Let’s assume that the alliesthesic mechanisms are mistaken with a kind of fruit to which we would not be adapted: we will observe then immediately either a poorly regulated consumption, so either overload or nutritional deficiencies, digestive and metabolic or immune or nervous problems, perhaps also a sensory blockade to this fruit while it might be useful. In short, any malfunction. But the criteria of good performance are very accurate (much more than with processed food!) and the absence of disorder in the short and longer-term is a good guarantee of health.

The fact that we cannot explain why our primate’s genome seems adapted to fruits originated in regions where none of our ancestors lived can come from a variety of reasons: migration still unknown, either of fruit species or of primates, presence in our genome of characteristics prior to the occurrence of such species of fruit but which predisposed us to consume it, rules of harmony as yet unknown (perhaps related to the self-organized systems) determining a match between the evolution of food species and the predator species... maybe other explanations which nobody has yet thought about.

It is in any case a bit naive to believe that the current system of knowledge to which you refer should explain everything. It was precisely in putting this system in question that I was led to focus on the observation of the body’s behavior, that I discovered the significance and working conditions of the alliesthesic mechanisms, the influence of culinary and agricultural artifices and nutritional balance criteria as established with unprocessed foods.

It’s possible that the health conditions could be even better by excluding certain varieties of fruit, but the criteria of balance that I have set are so precise that it doesn’t seem significant. In any event, I would say that the supply we currently have and which includes all available plant and animal varieties (with the rules of caution put in place facing the highly modern selected varieties) is an excellent approximation of what might be an ideal food environment. Nothing prevents to further improve things, but to do so we must not rely on grand arguments whose foundations remain speculative, but rather to additional observations – eg light disorders induced by this or that variety of fruit.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 18, 2010, 10:36:28 am »
Instincts>you.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 18, 2010, 10:54:03 am »
Hanna, Paleophil,

Your responses are always based on the assumption that we can explain everything with current knowledge.
I don't know where you got that idea. I don't believe we will EVER explain everything with current or future knowledge. As a matter of fact, I think not knowing everything is part of the joy of life! :D Check out Richard Feynman on this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MmpUWEW6Is

So not believing that we will ever explain everything is one of my fundamental viewpoints, but don't worry about my views right now--I'm not interested in my views at this time (and you're getting them wrong anyway), nor in propagating them, whereas you are an international exponent of anopsology and using the alliesthesic mechanisms such as taste, smell, texture, and pleasure/displeasure, yes? I'm interested in learning about your views. How can I learn about your views if you get distracted trying to guess what my views might be? It's up to you whether to answer or not, of course, and thanks for sharing what you have so far.

Experience shows that all fruits work very well on the instinctive and metabolic points.
OK, and again, who's experience are you talking about?

The fruits grown in South-East Asia are in general particularly well suited...
All right, you've promoted the fruits of South/Southeast Asia several times now--and that is based on...?

I personally feel that the current species distribution results of a sort of split of what could have been the wild before the onset of culinary arts and agriculture. Cooking greatly limits the consumption of fruit for the benefit of grain (because with cooked grain there is no barrier against instinctive nutritional overload, thus a massive excess drastically impeding the consumption of fruit). Most varieties of fruit were then abandoned, the primeval forest largely destroyed by slash and burn....
So you apparently see "the primeval forest" as somehow important, yes? Do you believe that a critical point in human dietary evolution occurred in this primeval forest and was it a tropical forest in Africa? How long ago was this primeval period and how long did it last, do you think? How did you first learn about it?

That is why I prefered to question the body and what remains of our genetic programming.
I'm all for questioning just about everything, as you may have noticed. :) OK, so human body/biology and genetic programming are important, eh? When and where did this genetic programming occur? Was it during the time of the primeval forest you mentioned above?

Let’s assume that the alliesthesic mechanisms are mistaken with a kind of fruit to which we would not be adapted: we will observe then immediately either a poorly regulated consumption, so either overload or nutritional deficiencies, digestive and metabolic or immune or nervous problems, perhaps also a sensory blockade to this fruit while it might be useful. In short, any malfunction.
So if I experience any malfunction with a fruit, are you saying that means I'm not well adapted to it?

The fact that we cannot explain why our primate’s genome seems adapted to fruits originated in regions where none of our ancestors lived can come from a variety of reasons: migration still unknown, either of fruit species or of primates, presence in our genome of characteristics prior to the occurrence of such species of fruit but which predisposed us to consume it, rules of harmony as yet unknown (perhaps related to the self-organized systems) determining a match between the evolution of food species and the predator species... maybe other explanations which nobody has yet thought about.
Anything's possible and I'm sure there are many "unknown" reasons we could imagine. So here it sounds like you're suggesting that we just don't know much about why we might be adapted to fruits at this time, yes? As I mentioned above, I'm comfortable with uncertainty, so that prospect doesn't frighten me.

[/quote]It is in any case a bit naive to believe that the current system of knowledge to which you refer should explain everything.[/quote]I believed that nothing could explain everything long before you joined this forum, GCB. What is this "current system of knowledge" that you speak of?  

It was precisely in putting this system in question that I was led to focus on the observation of the body’s behavior...
I enjoy when people question things and heartily encourage it. What aspects of "this system" did you question? Do you ever question your own views or put them to the test and how? Have you changed any of your views since La Guerre du Cru was published (was that in 1985)? Have you published any writings since then?

the influence of culinary and agricultural artifices
How do you know they are artifices and what preceded them?

It’s possible that the health conditions could be even better by excluding certain varieties of fruit, but the criteria of balance that I have set are so precise that it doesn’t seem significant.
What are these "precise" criteria of balance that you refer to?

You write about fruit quite a bit. Are you personally a big fan of fruit and do you love it's taste? How much fruit do you eat each day? What is the longest time period you go without fruit in a given year? Do you think that every human being should eat fruit?

In any event, I would say that the supply we currently have and which includes all available plant and animal varieties (with the rules of caution put in place facing the highly modern selected varieties) is an excellent approximation of what might be an ideal food environment.
Would you provide a list of staple foods and their sources that you would include in this "ideal food environment" (for a theoretical example: "Cavendish bananas purchased from a farmer's market")?
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Hanna

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 19, 2010, 05:10:56 pm »
I personally feel that the current species distribution results of a sort of split of what could have been the wild before the onset of culinary arts and agriculture. Cooking greatly limits the consumption of fruit for the benefit of grain (because with cooked grain there is no barrier against instinctive nutritional overload, thus a massive excess drastically impeding the consumption of fruit). Most varieties of fruit were then abandoned, the primeval forest largely destroyed by slash and burn....
So you apparently see "the primeval forest" as somehow important, yes? Do you believe that a critical point in human dietary evolution occurred in this primeval forest and was it a tropical forest in Africa? How long ago was this primeval period and how long did it last, do you think? How did you first learn about it?

Hi Phil, hi gcb,

Maybe this could be of interest for you?

Today’s apes are few in number and in kind. But between 22 million and 5.5 million years ago, a time known as the Miocene epoch, apes ruled the primate world. Up to 100 ape species ranged throughout the Old World, from France to China in Eurasia and from Kenya to Namibia in Africa. (...)

Throughout the middle Miocene, the great apes flourished in Eurasia, thanks to its then lush subtropical forest cover and consistently warm temperatures. These conditions assured a nearly continuous supply of ripe fruits and an easily traversed arboreal habitat with several tree stories. Climate changes in the late Miocene brought an end to this easy living. The combined effects of Alpine, Himalayan and East African mountain building, shifting ocean currents, and the early stages of polar ice cap formation precipitated the birth of the modern Asian monsoon cycle, the desiccation of East Africa and the development of a temperate climate in Europe. Most of the Eurasian great apes went extinct as a result of this environmental overhaul. The two lineages that did persevere - —those represented by Sivapithecus and Dryopithecus - did so by moving south of the Tropic of Cancer, into Southeast Asia from China and into the African tropics from Europe, both groups tracking the ecological settings to which they had adapted in Eurasia. (...)

THE EURASIAN FOREBEAR of African apes and humans moved south in response to a drying and cooling of its environs that led to the replacement of forests with woodlands and grasslands. I believe that adaptations to life on the ground - knuckle walking in particular - were critical in enabling this lineage to withstand that loss of arboreal habitat and make it to Africa. Once there, some apes returned to the forests, others settled into varied woodland environments, and one ape - the one from which humans descended - eventually invaded open territory by committing to life on the ground.

http://www.primates.com/history/

I don´t deny that a kind of primeval forest probably played a key role in the evolution of our forebears. But our forebears left the forest a long time ago and obviously they did it for good reason (disappearance of forests because of climate change). They then adapted to an environment that did not continuously supply them with fruit any longer.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #173 on: September 19, 2010, 05:31:32 pm »
Pretty interesting.

But from my studies at www.thunderbolts.info

lead me to conclude that the disappearance of the GARDEN of EDEN was not so long ago.

Not more than 20 to 30,000 years ago?

I'm biased because I thrive on fruit and meat.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Hanna

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 19, 2010, 09:05:49 pm »
http://www.primates.com/history/

I should add that the hypothesis proposed in this article (ancestors of great apes and humans evolved in Eurasia) is controversial.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk