Author Topic: Instincto Debunking Thread  (Read 58854 times)

Offline Hanna

• Shaman
    • View Profile
Re: Instincto Debunking Thread
« Reply #100 on: July 11, 2010, 05:58:42 pm »
>>On what base do you determine the threshold to overeating sweet foodstuff ? How do you know they overeat sweet food?

I DO overeat as I have already written. If I am NOT accustomed to eat much fruit, then there are early "instinctive" stops when I eat fruit. But if I got into the the habit of eating much fruit (for example because I had little else to eat than fruit for a while, with the consequence that the instinctive stops appeared later and later!) then there are usually only late "instinctive" stops, even if there is other tasty food available to me. The consequences are, for example, mild allergic symptoms in the summer. I have no allergic symptoms at all if I willfully restrict my fruit intake. I am not the only one whose allergic symptoms disappear completely only if he/she willfully restricts his/her fruit intake.

>>How comes that the diabetics swapping to instinctive nutrition see their symptoms disappear?

Because they "instinctively" use their REASON/common sense and are cautious when eating fruit?

Offline Hanna

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 11, 2010, 06:02:52 pm »
Alpha, do you know what kinds of meat the pygmies heat and what kinds of meat they eat raw? That would be interesting to know! Google didn´t tell me...

alphagruis

« Reply #102 on: July 11, 2010, 07:47:56 pm »
Alpha, do you know what kinds of meat the pygmies heat and what kinds of meat they eat raw? That would be interesting to know! Google didn´t tell me...

I got this information from friends from Cameroun. In fact their wording was rather "pygmies eat a lot of raw or almost raw meat". Rare might be a good description of the "almost raw" one, I'll try to get more information on what part is stricto sensu raw. It's bushmeat such as monkeys and depends strongly on tribe. Insects such as caterpillars, grubs, and other food of animal origin are very important and apparently eaten either plain raw or cooked in various ways.

I think in this respect that instincto teaching also does not distinguish between various cooking methods and so probably demonizes them excessively all. This is OK as far as it makes us to investigate what happens if one abandons completely cooking as most of us do here. A much more balanced view is however necessary to assess the adverse effects of heat on food in various cultures and cooking habits.

I recalled recently some physics of heat generated toxins which shows that their formation increases rapidly with temperature but is not at all absent at room and a fortiori body temperature. So it is not yet clear whether an instincto eating much dried stuff such as dried fruit does better in terms of AGEs intake when compared to pygmee that eat rare steak.

Similarly instincto dogma demonizes seasoning because of a supposedly wicked "instinct". Yet It is most likely that it is much better to eat some vegetables such as cabbage or chicory lightely seasoned with some garlic, olive oil and salt than to gorge systematically on dried bananas or figs instead.

Same with sauerkraut or other fermented vegetables or fishs. Instincto dogma necessarily dismisses them altogether because of the "wicked instinct" nonsense. As expected I could never observe any negative effects with them, on the contrary, when ingested in reasonable quantities.   

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 11, 2010, 08:32:29 pm »
I DO overeat as I have already written. If I am NOT accustomed to eat much fruit, then there are early "instinctive" stops when I eat fruit. But if I got into the the habit of eating much fruit (for example because I had little else to eat than fruit for a while, with the consequence that the instinctive stops appeared later and later!) then there are usually only late "instinctive" stops, even if there is other tasty food available to me. The consequences are, for example, mild allergic symptoms in the summer. I have no allergic symptoms at all if I willfully restrict my fruit intake. I am not the only one whose allergic symptoms disappear completely only if he/she willfully restricts his/her fruit intake.

Hanna, I am SO with you on this!!!!

It is exactly my experience.

When I was eating only animals for months, and then tried some fruit (high quality, ripe organic) I really could not eat much of it.
But with every day that passed with fruits included, I could eat more and more of it.. and finally there was hardly any stop at all!

And I also get this allergic symptoms from sugar (and with sugar I mean natural sugar, like fruits).
I used to be really allergic as a child. It also, back then, worsened with cookies and other sweets. Now I am completely free from symptoms, except when eating sugar.. -\

Inger

alphagruis

« Reply #104 on: July 11, 2010, 09:41:00 pm »

>>How comes that the diabetics swapping to instinctive nutrition see their symptoms disappear?

Because they "instinctively" use their REASON/common sense and are cautious when eating fruit?

Hanna,

Iguana or Burger since long repeatedly invoke the "instinctive" regulation of instincto to be the key of improvement of various maladies. This is absolute crap since instincto is essentially raw paleo and as this forum and Seignalet's work here in France clearly demonstrate raw paleo is undoubtedly the actual reason of the disappearance of the symptoms.

Here again no need to invoke an "instinct" to account for the facts.

Same hypocrisy when we are told that instinctos are often in bad shape as compared to HGs because of their past of  SW diet induced ailments. This argument simply ignores that many of the very young staff running orkos ended up in similar bad shape.

This embarrassing fact is in turn readily explained away by the guru as due to bad practice. ;D   

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 11, 2010, 10:10:26 pm »

Same hypocrisy when we are told that instinctos are often in bad shape as compared to HGs because of their past of  SW diet induced ailments. This argument simply ignores that many of the very young staff running orkos ended up in similar bad shape.

Alpagruis,
could you please tell me something more about this cases?

Please.

Inger

alphagruis

« Reply #106 on: July 11, 2010, 10:53:28 pm »
Alpagruis,
could you please tell me something more about this cases?

Please.

Inger

Inger,

They suffered mainly from deficiencies, emaciation, skin troubles etc. Eating more food of animal origin available didn't cure the deficiencies and B12 shots were indispensable. It is remarkable that this condition takes usually many years on instincto to show up and that these people had access to the "best instincto food" according to Burger himself.

Offline Hanna

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 12, 2010, 01:39:09 pm »
Inger,

They suffered mainly from deficiencies, emaciation, skin troubles etc. Eating more food of animal origin available didn't cure the deficiencies and B12 shots were indispensable. It is remarkable that this condition takes usually many years on instincto to show up and that these people had access to the "best instincto food" according to Burger himself.

Hi Alpha,

What kind of skin problems?
BTW, I do not see myself as "instincto" any longer  -[.

alphagruis

« Reply #108 on: July 12, 2010, 02:45:03 pm »
 In case of Iguana wouldn't "like" my post in "explain instincto" thread I save a copy here  ;)

Ces observations avaient évidemment quelque chose de rassurant : le milieu originel, dont l'instinctothérapie postule l'existence puisqu'il faut bien que notre génétique se soit adaptée à quelque chose de réel, existait heureusement quelque part.

in English

These observations had of course something that was reassuring : the original milieu or environment, whose existence is a basic premise of instinctotherapy since our genetics had necessarily to adapt to something in real world existed indeed somewhere.

Who wrote this about our supposed original environment or tropical paradise ?

Burger himself in 1991 here:

http://www.reocities.com/HotSprings/7627/IM43-fruitssauvages.html

BTW our original biotope was in this same article indeed described by Burger as something like the chimps one with plenty of fruit as the basic food.

And oups.....

- today the guru readily labels even the inuit diet as instincto

- we are now told that this nice tale was nothing more but a "joke" and "instinctotherapy" is in fact just an "empirical" method that according to the Burger's "experience" just nicely works.

Hanna, carnivore, folks,

You have to believe Burger on say so, it works. Amen.

Yet, couldn't it be that the whole guru's babble about "instincts" is itself nothing more but a joke  ;D

« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 07:52:58 pm by alphagruis »

alphagruis

« Reply #109 on: July 12, 2010, 08:15:02 pm »
Hi Alpha,

What kind of skin problems?

Vitiligo as far as I can remember is an example.

BTW, I do not see myself as "instincto" any longer  -[.

I finally got it , Hanna  ;)

carnivore

« Reply #110 on: July 12, 2010, 08:36:17 pm »
Hanna,

Iguana or Burger since long repeatedly invoke the "instinctive" regulation of instincto to be the key of improvement of various maladies. This is absolute crap since instincto is essentially raw paleo and as this forum and Seignalet's work here in France clearly demonstrate raw paleo is undoubtedly the actual reason of the disappearance of the symptoms.

Here again no need to invoke an "instinct" to account for the facts.

This embarrassing fact is in turn readily explained away by the guru as due to bad practice. ;D   

Many indeed don't follow strictly Burger's teachings because the practice is pretty inconvenient and can become expensive (in terms of food supply etc.). But I doubt that any instinct would really help the poor emaciated instinctos who seriously lack calories!

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 12, 2010, 09:00:34 pm »
Many indeed don't follow strictly Burger's teachings because the practice is pretty inconvenient and can become expensive (in terms of food supply etc.). But I doubt that any instinct would really help the poor emaciated instinctos who seriously lack calories!

Its quite telling that despite the fact that this - other than perhaps cost - should be the worlds easiest way to follow the paleo diet (when mastered the alimentary instinct) with its variety and high quality of food. However that it fails to get even basic nutrition for sustainability or to advance basic fitness. If anything in these threads actually convinced me this was a healthy way to eat, I would eat this way in a heartbeat, it would cause me to give up absolute nothing from a aesthetic viewpoint and would be way easier socially. Information about children growing up with merely adequate nutrition according to the low end of WHO is some kind of proof that a dietary philosophy is most ideal? Truly healthy children raised on ideal levels of food according to our accumulated nutritional science should not even resemble SWD or now the fruitarian children. They should certainly be healthier and more robust than traditional farm raised children.

Offline Hanna

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 13, 2010, 03:52:40 pm »
I got this information from friends from Cameroun. In fact their wording was rather "pygmies eat a lot of raw or almost raw meat". Rare might be a good description of the "almost raw" one, I'll try to get more information on what part is stricto sensu raw. It's bushmeat such as monkeys and depends strongly on tribe. Insects such as caterpillars, grubs, and other food of animal origin are very important and apparently eaten either plain raw or cooked in various ways. 

Very interesting. yes, more information on that would be great!

alphagruis

« Reply #113 on: July 13, 2010, 04:03:00 pm »

In case of the ORKOS staff the costs of instincto cannot be invoked as a reason to not follow what they were taught by Burger during years of its very presence everyday ...

I'm quite convinced that these people were precisely those who could follow and indeed did follow Burger's teaching best !

As KD points out the clear-cut failure of even these bona fide instinctos is actually very telling and overwhelming.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 13, 2010, 07:02:26 pm »

As KD points out the clear-cut failure of even these bona fide instinctos is actually very telling and overwhelming.

well, I can't conclude that entirely. Its more shocking that based on meeting basically minimal requirements it is being championed as the most healthy for developing children or adults. 100% vegans make the same claims. Its especially confusing when according to the diet, it really should be the most doable and workable of all paleo-restrictive approaches if one had all the listed advantages. Yet it clearly has less long term continuation rate even to systems like PrD which is a total pain in the ass and very restrictive. People can put up with those detoxes and such (no matter how genuine) for years without going back to SWD and yet it is too socially difficult to eat whatever natural food your body instinctive desires? even if that translates tons of fruit and small amounts of tasty raw animal food? Obviously at the very least it should be admitted that not everyone is thriving on such a program, because of the program, as no other explanation makes sense. At the very least, admitting tackling health concerns takes a backseat to any internal clock and is highly increased success by the following of experiences.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 07:07:31 pm by KD »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #115 on: July 14, 2010, 05:55:35 pm »
I don't know if this has been asked before... so here goes...

WHAT IS IT WITH YOU FRENCH GUYS ?
WHAT IS THE PERSONAL GRUDGE BETWEEN ALPHAGRUIS - GCB - IGUANA ?

Maybe you have discussed these publicly in FRENCH, but now do we have to read about it in English too?

Sure, there are disagreements on many points but what I can read from the posts is they are more personal.

Can't you guys see each other in France and have a bloody drink with real blood and just agree to disagree and be friends?

I mean, look, we all found the variations of the fountain of youth in RPD variants,

This means all of you are going to be duking it out with one another for A VERY LONG TIME, MANY MANY YEARS!

Personally, I'd rather read more about how aging on RPD and what to expect.  In your 60s, in your 80s.  That kind of thing.
Are we going to be sexually active into our 90s?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Hanna

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 14, 2010, 11:53:05 pm »
>>WHAT IS IT WITH YOU FRENCH GUYS ?

The problem is that gcb postulated not only an alimentary instinct, but also a "love instinct"... An instinct that brought him to jail.

alphagruis

« Reply #117 on: July 15, 2010, 03:10:24 am »
The trouble is that instincto discussion unfortunately can no more be reduced to a calm serene scientific or philosophical debate. This debate is actually fairly outdated because experiment settled the issue since long and demonstrates that instincto as veganism or fruitarianism just doesn't work and is dangerous.

There are already to much victims of Burger's flawed theories about "instincts". In spite of all the evidence Burger, since his release from jail, stubornly tries nevertheless to teach them unchanged to whoever wants to listen to him. This very active proselytism is likely to fool further naive and fragile people because of their impaired health issues and sexual or love life problems. And there are a lot of such people....

Burger's nonsense of instinct in diet has brought too many people in a poor emaciated health state.

Burger's nonsense of instinct in sexuality has brought too many people in a poor mental or psychological state. And it led him to repeatedly rape childrens and so to be sentenced to 15 years as a dangerous pedophile after similar former offenses in Switzerland. In spite of his denial the evidence is overwhelming.

Burger is eagerly looking for a new audience and tribune here or elsewhere. He is an very skilled manipulator. Fortunately people in this forum seem generally smart enough to not likely be fooled by him. But he will succeed sooner or later and most likely end up in jail again.

GS, you must be aware of this background that might seriously drag down this forum's reputation by association. In this respect it is still unclear whether the Raw paleo movement in France will recover from this desastrous amalgam with instincto in a forseeable future.     

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 15, 2010, 03:15:15 am »
The problem is that gcb postulated not only an alimentary instinct, but also a "love instinct"... An instinct that brought him to jail.

…while some people believe there’s no love… or that love isn’t instinctive  but related to self-interest and money…

Seriously, it’s not the “love instinct” which brought GCB to jail, but rather he’s advanced theory about love instinct that disturbs and sparked off an uproar among its detractors. It’s hazardous to judge by media interposed, and even by justice interposed in this field

What’s up with us Europeans (Alpha is Alsatian, Alsace being a small strip of land sandwiched  between Germany and France which has been alternatively part of both countries, GCB is a Swiss citizen from Alsatian origin as well and I’m a Swiss citizen too) is that we are preparing for a new war between RPDers rival tribes after civilization  has collapsed and all SWDers are dead since there’ll be no more energy source to cook their food neither medicine and technology to keep them alive…(In case it’s not plain clear, I’m just joking here!).
 ;D ;)
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline GCB

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 15, 2010, 06:42:16 am »

I don't know if this has been asked before... so here goes...
WHAT IS IT WITH YOU FRENCH GUYS ?
WHAT IS THE PERSONAL GRUDGE BETWEEN ALPHAGRUIS - GCB - IGUANA ?

Who have always been the great opponents to novel ideas? Holders of the power, holders of the knowledge, idiots and legal institutions, to start with the inquisition.

Alphagruis is certainly a holder of knowledge.

However, both sets of the holders of the knowledge and of the idiots don’t have a null area of intersection. For the laymen, it means that one can be at the same time holder of knowledge, idiot, and even extremely bad-mannered.

Those interested in really knowing what my discoveries and ideas about the sexual and love instinct are can go to my Metapsychanalyse web site, where two pages expound the media-staged and judicial aspects of the case.

Offline Hanna

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: July 15, 2010, 02:02:54 pm »
In other words, there are people who fear that gcb is on the lookout for followers just to rape the children of his followers again.

Iguana, so you believe in gcb´s innocence?

Gcb, me and many others in this forum do not understand french.

alphagruis

« Reply #121 on: July 15, 2010, 02:25:13 pm »
Who have always been the great opponents to novel ideas? Holders of the power, holders of the knowledge, idiots and legal institutions, to start with the inquisition.

Alphagruis is certainly a holder of knowledge.

However, both sets of the holders of the knowledge and of the idiots don’t have a null area of intersection. For the laymen, it means that one can be at the same time holder of knowledge, idiot, and even extremely bad-mannered.

Burger,

I'm sure you say that just because you're angry

In fact you secretely "love" me  ;D

« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 02:33:31 pm by alphagruis »

alphagruis

« Reply #122 on: July 15, 2010, 03:33:32 pm »
In other words, there are people who fear that gcb is on the lookout for followers just to rape the children of his followers again.

Of course he is on this lookout. There is absolutely no doubt about this and he cleverly disguises this in a courageous struggle of a poor misunderstood discoverer of novel revolutionary ideas against institutional science and power. And this address unfortunately gained audience (mine for instance) in the past because Burger perversely mixes very interesting new ideas indeed (Raw Paleo) and utterly wrong ridiculous babble about instincts.

Note also that history clearly shows that for every outsider who indeed revolutionized science as well as for every criminal put in jail and indeed innocent there are orders of magnitude more outsiders who claimed to revolutionize science yet are just plain wrong or criminals who claimed to be innocent yet are undoubtedly guilty.    

Please notice also that, except of course Burger and this fool of Iguana there is nobody here in France who further seriously contends the guru's foolish ideas about instincts and still engage in such a tremendous proselytism. Many of those who ever met Burger bitterly regret it.

So it's hard for him to find new followers here in France and obviously this forum with international audience not a priori aware of the guru's background appears to him to be a formidable opportunity to resume his former criminal activities.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 03:49:42 pm by alphagruis »

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 15, 2010, 04:21:28 pm »

Iguana, so you believe in gcb´s innocence?

Gcb, me and many others in this forum do not understand french.

Hanna, I avoid beliefs. I know GCB fairly well, since he was a well known, highly respected, brilliant physicist and musician in Lausanne, our common home town. We lived together in the same house for a few months and he never tried to rape any anyone around! I also know quite well his fellows friends and first pionners of the instincto since the years 60’s. Some are more or less at disagreement with him, but none knowing him well believes he raped anyone. If you happen to know the man, you realize the inanity of such accusations against an idealist not interested at all by money.

For your convenience, here is a rough translation of http://sites.google.com/site/metapsychanalyse/home/qu-est-ce-que-la-metapsychanalyse/metapsychanalyse-et-justice

What is metapsychoanalysis ?

Metapsychoanalysis and Justice 

To defend a theory calling the sexual life in question, shaking the dominant taboos, which returns to each one its free will vis-a-vis the morals constraints of the system, wasn’t obviously  bound to please everyone. I dearly paid the price, already in Switzerland in the Seventies, and more recently in France by the means a dozen years behind the bars along with a thorough demolition  of all I had laboriously built to advance the ideas and their diffusion.

Yes, you’re gonna tell me, but you were condemned for rape of minor, this is not a matter of theory… in any case, there is no smoke without fire. If justice condemns someone, this is not by chance… But the things are not so simple: it is because I developed this radically new approach of the love and sex phenomenon, hustling all kinds of beliefs and attachments, that some people decided to reduce to me to silence. People who had otherwise  good reasons to be angry with me, for example a psychopath named J.K. who came to look after himself in my Instincto Center,  and who did not understand anything about the theory; he started to spread to the other boarders the idea that the “métapsychanalyse” was an apology of all perversions, wrong behavior, homosexuality, pedophilia… I then kicked him out. He promised war and gained the first battle.

The news were at this time at full light on the Dutroux affair, the overheated media were going obviously to jump on the occasion offered by such a dedicated detractor. My ex-boarder went to find a journalist, Anne-Marie Casteret, known for the denunciation of various scandals. It is undoubtedly her which had started, rightly, the French affair of contaminated blood. It is also her who, certainly wrongly, protested that Justice was mistaken or misled the world in the Toulouse AZF affair, the explosion being due, according to her, to dangerous terrorists. The inanity of these speculations was shown latter on, which has by the way put an end to her journalistic career. To note that Anne-Marie Casteret had already had attacked me and partially demolished in 1989, through an shock article (“the guru who claims to cure AIDS by raw food, in the Event of Thursday”) after which the instinctotherapy was registered in the French list of sects. Condemned to pay a heavy fine to the parents of two young AIDS victims  she had publicly revealed the disease, she had a good reason to be angry with me.

At the end of 1996, Anne-Marie Casteret and J.K. were going together to systematically campaign all the families remained in my Center with their children. I could know, in particular thanks to the testimony a German nutritionist, all about the pressures exerted to obtain so-called testimonies. It was absolutely necessary to eliminate the dangerous guru of the pedophilia, this evil individual, dangerous for the whole society through his perverse theorizations, even if it meant to lie, if necessary. Policemen charged with the investigation were also convinced, and like  each time a case is put in the light by the media, they did their utmost to get to their ends.

Two among the pearls found in the case’s file: a child of the village was so well " interrogated" that he stated to have seen up to 100 nudists to bathe in the swimming pool of the Center. In fact: 2 Germans, arrived in the heat of a sumer day, believed they were still in Germanic ground, much more tolerant in this respect, and actually bathed naked; they were immediately stopped by the monitors, but the methods of interrogation succeeded in multiplying the score by 50; the policeman in duty believed that as hard as iron, if I judge by their attitude at the court four years later. The other pearl:  a eight year old child to who the experts succeeded in making him say he had seen 27 knights in the courtyard of the castle, all on their horses, on green dresses with a black cross on the chest, guarding the enclosure of the sect…

Why " guru of pedophilia" ? Because the simple fact to allot a metapsychic purpose to non procreative sexuality inevitably raises the question of infantile sexuality. What can be the function of the early impulse of the small child, impulses that do not compare in anyway with the genital drive of adults: certainly not to exert the instinctive program related to reproduction. From there the idea that these early impulses would have as a function not to structure the Oedipus, like psychoanalysis claims, but the metapsychism, in particular extrasensory perception (ESP). It explains why these faculties are extremely rare in a society based on the driven back Oedipus. Knowing that the early impulses are directed (according to Freud) towards the adult, to allot a natural function to them equals, for those who do not distinguish between genital sexuality and infantile sexuality, to an apology of pedophilia… The short cut was too tempting, media and Justice did not miss to engulf there, expert psychiatrists first.

On the few 70 victims listed by J.K and Anne-Marie Casteret (more than in the Outreau case!), only two accusing girls, weakened by a failed love story, remained: one has apparently been sensitive to the prospect of substantial allowances as she accepted indeed an advance of 150.000 French Francs from the official Commission of Compensation a few months before the lawsuit, enough to irreversibly  install her in her forged witness. Another , on the contrary, retracted a year after having yielded to police’s pressures and told how she had been forced to speak of a rape which never existed; her retractation was without any effect, the statement of her first declarations accompanied the case’s file up to the end. The same for a whimsical charge of J.K who had complained  for reiterated death threats in order to stimulate investigators too passive according to his taste: this charge, that he withdrew formally after a year, still appears today at the head of the case’s file and polarizes at the very start every expert psychiatrist, judge or journalist.

What I learn from this epopee, is that today one runs the same risk by questioning the actual dogmas, for example the taboo of the Oedipus, than by questioning the dogmas of the Church during the Inquisition era. That the absence of condemnable acts does not guarantee at all against a miscarriage of the Justice, considering it is enough that a paranoiac and a journalist inspire some false witnesses on the basis of retributive vocation to succeed in the heretic’s elimination. That the supposed means of defense being guaranteed by a democratic justice such presumption of innocence, the inquiry at charge and discharge, the secrecy of the instruction and freedom  expression are completely illusory in this types of cases. That power is ultimately held by the media, because some well launched scoops are enough to carry the adhesion of the investigators, experts and judges. That we live without realizing, as regards to sexual morals, in a totalitarian world where it is as dangerous to develop a dissenting thought than in USSR under Stalin or in the USA of the time of McCarthy.

My wrong was certainly to have formulated publicly and have continued to defend at any cost a theory too far away from the common sense, in the illusion that logic and intellectual honesty would finally win…
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

alphagruis

« Reply #124 on: July 15, 2010, 04:46:36 pm »
I know GCB fairly well, since he was a well known, highly respected, brilliant physicist and musician in Lausanne, our common home town.

Burger never got any PhD in Physics, neither did he ever make any contribution to this science in the form of even the most obscure and unnoticed published research paper or conference. Two minimal requirements to label someone as a plain physicist.

To label him as a "brilliant physicist" is therefore once more utterly ridiculous and as usual pure prevarication.

Burger just studied some Physics. Period.    

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk