Author Topic: Hello ALL - NEED HELP  (Read 5363 times)

Offline Coatue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Hello ALL - NEED HELP
« on: June 21, 2010, 11:14:47 pm »
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forums and I need some advice. I've recently heard about eating only raw meat/eggs by Aajonus Vonderplanitz though I haven't . Can someone lead me to source of how to properly eat an all raw meat diet without doing damage to myself? I read the book Primal Blueprint, so I have some info as to why you shouldn't eat grains. But I'm looking for something to explain the raw meat diet and how to do it. Particularly, how much meat and fat to actually eat a day.

Thanks!
Coatue
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 11:21:04 pm by Coatue »

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Re: Hello ALL - NEED HELP
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 04:14:52 am »
    Hi Coatue, welcome!  You could start here:

http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/carnivorous-zero-carb-approach/
http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/primal-diet/

Then ask specific questions?

I started eating the (all raw aajonus) primal diet four years ago.  I was vegan for decades before that.  I started the diet with mostly just raw cultured never been frozen grassfed dairy fat, and really didn't consume anything else.  I wanted a true picture of how that animal fat would affect me.  It was great for me, so I continue mostly doing primal diet ever since.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 04:24:22 am »
Read the threads in this section:-

http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/important-info-for-newbies/

These cover most of the issues newbies to raw diets need to know about.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Coatue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 05:19:20 am »
I guess my main concern is about the high fat needed to digest raw meat. The problem being of course that most of the meat cuts today have hardly any fat. So far I have eaten raw meat with smearing organic butter on it as I can't find raw butter given legality issues, but I rather do the all meat diet and avoid dairy even-though I am not lactose intolerant. Can anybody give me advice on finding meat with high fat content or what they think the best alternative is to just eating high fat dairy products with meat? Also, do you eat the dairy fat at the same time as eating the meat or should I eat like yogurt then consume the meat? Is there any digestive issues I should look out for when starting to consume red meat raw on consistent basis?

Currently I have been trying this for 2 days: eating about 6 raw free range eggs and eating a raw organic beef steak with organic butter on it. I also have some organic fruit or drink organic fruit or vegetable juices as I am afraid of insufficient vitamins or calories for the day. I guess i'm just looking for some beginner routine/transition suggestions. thanks...

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 05:36:19 am »
    Yogurt is a high protein food.  Dairy allergic people DO have a huge problem with it.  I've seen that first hand.  Is your yogurt really raw and non-grainfed?

I think we all do what we feel is best for us individually.  I've tried combining the best pasteurized butter with this diet.  I got dire consequences.

Tyler eats tongue.  That's high fat. 
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 07:50:44 am »
I don't think he's talking about eating yoghurt. I think he's talking about eating butter, in a fashion similar to if he was eating yoghurt.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 08:01:14 am »
I guess my main concern is about the high fat needed to digest raw meat.
You don't need high fat intake to break down raw meat.
Many of us here advocate a higher fat diet due to the compact energy it provides as well as the benefits raw high-quality fat has for the body. It's not a necessity though, especially if you have adequate carbohydrate intake to supply you energy.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 09:10:23 am »
... Can someone lead me to source of how to properly eat an all raw meat diet ....
If you're looking to do a raw all-meat diet with no dairy, I find the following fats work pretty well for me (YMMV):

(all raw)
> 100% grassfed suet--I air-dry it for one or more days and chew it well for better flavor and digestion
> grain-finished marrow (would prefer 100% grassfed)
> fertilized eggs
> cod liver oil
> duck bacon or organic, local pork bacon

I don't care for tongue yet, hopefully some day. Brains are not available in my area yet. Some day I'm sure they will be, as knowledge expands and spreads of the healing powers of raw animal fats.

Be sure to also read Lex Rooker's journal.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 10:07:52 am »
DJR-81 is quite right. Extra raw fat isn't really needed to digest raw meats per se. It's only an issue if you eat 100% animal foods, whether cooked or raw. If you eat raw carbs instead of raw fats, it's fine.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 11:15:58 am »
Oh, I forgot to mention there are other considerations when eating carnivore:

> make sure to consume enough water (carnivores and carnivorous humans tend to consume a lot)
> make sure to eat organs (liver, heart, etc.) and/or organ-containing foods (such as fertilized eggs, shellfish, and small fish that can be eaten whole)
> magnesium is scarce in today's land mammals--so it may be wise to consider eating some seafoods/seaweeds; seaweeds are not plants and therefore one benefit is they lack plant antinutrients (basically natural insecticides, though these can also serve as natural medicines for animals in acute doses); seaweeds have aspects of both plants and animals--but they are expensive
> get enough vitamin D3 from sunlight and/or fatty fish, raw CLO, etc.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Coatue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2010, 04:05:17 pm »
DJR-81 is quite right. Extra raw fat isn't really needed to digest raw meats per se. It's only an issue if you eat 100% animal foods, whether cooked or raw. If you eat raw carbs instead of raw fats, it's fine.

See the thing is I'm currently studying abroad in Germany but I will be back in New Jersey in August. All I can find in the health food store here "Al Natura" is organic everything. So would it be adequate to get a eat organic raw sirloin steak (probably grain fed as it doesn't imply grass) and some vegetable juice together in the meanwhile till I can order organ meats online in the US? Do you suggest waiting till I get back to the US to attempt any of this? Also, where does one find fertilized eggs and are free range chicken eggs just as efficient or good enough?

Offline Coatue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2010, 04:25:47 pm »
ALSO, Is pouring extra virgin olive oil all over my steak a good idea to ease the digestion or to count as a source of fat intake?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2010, 03:13:57 pm »
ALSO, Is pouring extra virgin olive oil all over my steak a good idea to ease the digestion or to count as a source of fat intake?
Nyet. Plants and meats don't mix well at the same meal.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2010, 03:17:35 pm »
See the thing is I'm currently studying abroad in Germany but I will be back in New Jersey in August. All I can find in the health food store here "Al Natura" is organic everything. So would it be adequate to get a eat organic raw sirloin steak (probably grain fed as it doesn't imply grass) and some vegetable juice together in the meanwhile till I can order organ meats online in the US? Do you suggest waiting till I get back to the US to attempt any of this? Also, where does one find fertilized eggs and are free range chicken eggs just as efficient or good enough?
Fertilized eggs can usually only be got from a few  farms so lots of phoning is required to find the right farms to get it via delivery.

I would suggest waiting till the US return. Going abroad is problematic re finding high quality raw meats. I usually bring some raw meats along if the journey is only 1 week long. For longer periods abroad, I usually start out with raw seafoods or other easily available high quality raw animal foods, and then via constant searching and questioning of locals find more variety over the years.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk