Author Topic: Food sources in China?  (Read 2431 times)

Offline King Salmon

• Elder
  • Eating the best realistic diet
    • View Profile
Food sources in China?
« on: June 22, 2010, 10:39:45 am »
I plan to travel to China.Does anyone know the quality of meat,fish available? I know they have a ton of fruits.Don't know about organic though.I know the organic market is growing in Singapore Taiwan and Hong Kong.China mainland....not sure.
"Eat the best of what's available and call it a day"

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
Re: Food sources in China?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 11:27:31 am »
Cool, are you going to any other lands beyond urban China? The extreme food shows sometimes show Chinese restaurants and markets where they sell every part of animals and a wide variety of animals (unfortunately, some are endangered).
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Hans89

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 12:34:06 pm »
I plan to travel to China.Does anyone know the quality of meat,fish available? I know they have a ton of fruits.Don't know about organic though.I know the organic market is growing in Singapore Taiwan and Hong Kong.China mainland....not sure.

They do have organic in the bigger cities from what I hear. Not sure how reliable it is though.

Offline King Salmon

• Elder
  • Eating the best realistic diet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 03:45:38 pm »
Well,last time I was there,I was eating cooked(as far as meat goes)....so....my favorite was Beijing Duck....best cooked food ever! haha...But now,I was told people don't dare or are afraid to even eat sushi there.Believe it or not.I met a Chinese lady who was living in Japan and said she eats sashimi in Japan all the time,but in China no way.Something about the sanitary conditions or lack thereof...I wish I could bring AV with me.I'm sure he could source out some good stuff...he's a survivor man.

p.s. I did try dog meat in China....but again....cooked.It was a specialty place in the countryside full of dog bones out front(seriously).In China they cook everything man.Total opposite of Japan.Japan: Clean & Raw,China: Dirty & Cooked. Even when you ask for a glass of water...guess what?It's piping hot so that you can't even pick the glass up! >D
"Eat the best of what's available and call it a day"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk