Author Topic: why mixing raw and cooked meat is bad?  (Read 20944 times)

Offline Coatue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
why mixing raw and cooked meat is bad?
« on: June 28, 2010, 01:44:47 am »
Can someone explain to me why mixing raw and cooked meat is bad? I did this 2 days ago and my stomach has hurt every time i've aten since and has given me the runs (however these have stopped since 2 days ago). Does anyone know how to remedy the situation? Will it go away in a few days? The pain seems to be Left to Center-Upper Abdomen. Almost a indigestion/bloating pain. It just stays there  till I eat something or drink something but comes back quickly. I've tried pepto bismol and Tums, it hasnt done anything. Maybe its gastritis? Could it be my liver that hurts?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 04:02:04 am by Coatue »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: why mixing raw and cooked meat is bad?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 05:45:43 pm »
Cooked and raw meat require different amounts of digestive acids/enzymes etc. so they cause conflict. Plus cooked food takes longer to digest, thus perhaps blocking easy digestion of raw foods eaten at the same time. use of high-meat at the same time might ease things over a period.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 04:44:59 am »
What did you eat exactly?
Cheers
Al

Offline MaximilianKohler

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 06:55:34 pm »
I had problems when I mixed raw meat with cooked yams. From what I've read it seems to be from bacteria growing on the cooked food. I read that when bacteria grows on cooked food it can be dangerous/harmful for you, but the enzymes in raw foods prevent the dangerous bacteria from growing.

Offline stoneforest

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 09:02:32 pm »
hi coatue,    when abdominal pain is relieved by eating it is usually indicative of gastritis or a peptic ulcer.  natural healing methods that have been reported are numerous: licorice, milk, mashed yuca (also known as cassava) or taro root, rice pooridge.   i personally would do mashed yuca.  over the counter aids that may  work best are prilosec, pepcid, zantac  among others.  i am not advising any of these but from personal experience i would say they truly work.

Offline MaximilianKohler

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 01:53:46 pm »
Just to update, I saw an allergist and the reaction I had when I ate raw fish with cooked yam seems to be from "scombroid poisoning" and not from bad bacteria.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2010, 03:30:46 pm »
    The liver is in the lower right quadrant.

I had ulcers.  I remedied it by eating plain cooked millet, steamed cabbage, steamed pumpkin etc.  It didn't take long.  There are plenty of ways to remedy it usually.  I'm sure someone here will come up with a way that will suit you.

For the liver, probably putting a hot water bottle over that quadrant should help.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2010, 03:43:51 pm »
Maybe raw meat and cooked yams is a bad combination for you.

Try eating them separately.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2010, 07:38:39 pm »
I'll give my "dogmatic" (KD would call it so) stand: anything cooked is bad.  -d

Sorry: what's bad and what's good? Cooking is good since it allowed our specie to proliferate all over the planet.  ;D
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2010, 02:25:09 am »
Cooked and raw meat require different amounts of digestive acids/enzymes etc. so they cause conflict. Plus cooked food takes longer to digest, thus perhaps blocking easy digestion of raw foods eaten at the same time. use of high-meat at the same time might ease things over a period.
Tyler,
Funny I know you are right (from my personal experience) but it is counter-intuitive. You would think that cooking breaks things down, but it is the opposite, (it would seem) as the food seems to get hard and difficult to go through the system.
Cheers
Al

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2010, 02:59:06 am »
Tyler,
Funny I know you are right (from my personal experience) but it is counter-intuitive. You would think that cooking breaks things down, but it is the opposite, (it would seem) as the food seems to get hard and difficult to go through the system.
Yes cooking denatures the food and so does one's natural stomach-acid so it would seem logical that cooking speeds up digestion. However, the denaturing produced by cooking is of a quite different, harsher nature and Alphagruis, I believe, suggested that the body's digestive system is still oriented towards breaking down raw not cooked foods, so that the denaturing caused by cooking alters the proteins in such a way that they can't be so asily digested.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2010, 03:36:02 am »
I'll give my "dogmatic" (KD would call it so) stand: anything cooked is bad.  -d

I would rather eat cooked yams over, lets say, raw onion any day!
Also cooked egg whites over raw ones.
And cooked chicken over raw chicken...
Those are my some of my preferences where I'd choose cooked over raw, since were talking good vs. bad    -X

...I believe, suggested that the body's digestive system is still oriented towards breaking down raw not cooked foods, so that the denaturing caused by cooking alters the proteins in such a way that they can't be so asily digested.

I think after eating a lot of cooked food many people can get used to it digestion-wise, but yes intrinsically raw foods are whats meant to digest.
I used to eat a lot of cooked meat and it took long to digest, heaviest of all the foods I ate. My digestion system was always very fast though, even with cooked meat, so when I started eating all the raw meat at first it would digest so fast it wouldn't fill me up, but after just a short while my digestion calibrated to eat mostly raw meat and digested it slower (which is good so I am not hungry after eating it).
My theory is, the stomach needed different and more powerful acids to digest all the cooked meat (which is hard to digest generally), then when I moved to raw meat I still had those super-strong acids (for digesting the cooked meat) and those acids would obliterate completely the raw meat. But very quickly my acids when back to normal so now raw meat is filling. That explain why if I ever eat a cooked meal now I feel some strong acids inside me.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2010, 03:40:12 am »
I agree, I had much the same experience re excess stomach-acid until after some time on all-raw.

The way I see it , the body can , if only partially, adapt to cooked food eating, but it causes extra strain on the body over time, leading to compromised immune system, increased aging etc. etc.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 04:31:07 am by TylerDurden »
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2010, 03:41:19 am »
Yes cooking denatures the food and so does one's natural stomach-acid so it would seem logical that cooking speeds up digestion. However, the denaturing produced by cooking is of a quite different, harsher nature and Alphagruis, I believe, suggested that the body's digestive system is still oriented towards breaking down raw not cooked foods, so that the denaturing caused by cooking alters the proteins in such a way that they can't be so asily digested.

Heat accelerates  the movement of molecules. The hotter an object is, the faster its molecules move and bang on each other. Proteins being extremely complex organic macromolecules composed of thousands of atoms in extremely accurate, specific spatial location, they are likely to by damaged by those shocks if the temperature is too high (above 40 – 45°C).

Biochemical reactions are extremely complex, exact and precise. The foreign proteins must be broken into amino acids, and that’s the duty of our enzymes. There’s a very distinct and defined adjustment between the enzymes and recognitions sites on the proteins: they adjust like a key into a lock. For each recognition site, there’s a specific enzyme type. If this site is damaged, the enzyme may be stuck on it, blocking the reaction and it won’t be available to split the following proteins.

The worst is that, if a protein is normal on its other recognition sites, it won’t be identified and eliminated immediately as an antigen. It might therefore be admitted into the body where it can cause all sorts of troubles such as perturbing the immune system, for example.

It can be inferred that lightly damaged proteins may be more dangerous than completely destroyed ones, since the latter will immediately be recognized as such by the immune system, and won’t be admitted into the metabolism. So cooking at “low temperature” may not be a good idea. It’s better to completely carbonize the stuff!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 03:42:58 pm by Iguana »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2010, 03:55:15 am »
I would rather eat cooked yams over, lets say, raw onion any day!

Me too, I hate onions, even the smell of it makes me runaway!  -v

Also cooked egg whites over raw ones.
And cooked chicken over raw chicken...

Not me! I like raw eggs whites. If you don’t like it raw, I would suggest you should not eat it cooked neither (a general rule). Aged chicken is good raw, at least for me – but of course not commercial  -d chicken.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2010, 05:05:52 am »
Me too, I hate onions, even the smell of it makes me runaway!  -v

Not me! I like raw eggs whites. If you don’t like it raw, I would suggest you should not eat it cooked neither (a general rule). Aged chicken is good raw, at least for me – but of course not commercial  -d chicken.

Onions are bad news for me also. Ayurveda says they are good for the body (they increase the digestive fire) but bad for the mind. (increase rajas or exciteability)

What do you mean by aged chicken? For how long? We find it hard to eat raw.
Cheers
Al

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2010, 05:16:30 am »
What do you mean by aged chicken? For how long? We find it hard to eat raw.

Skinned, emptied and kept in fridge for a week or two - or more until it smells good and tastes good to you. Duck is very good for me as well, even better than chicken.

I won't comment about ayurveda...

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2010, 08:55:04 am »
Grandparents came into town. I ate about a pound of raw chicken on saturday, eating raw beef before and after. I was ok until sunday night when I had the WORST sh**s. That night was terrible. I woke up constantly, nasty experience. I don't know if it was the mixing but damn. I certainly won't be doing that sequence again.

Onions are awesome and I love them. Haven't tried them recently though...

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2010, 10:45:25 pm »
I have been mixing raw meat and cooked meat without issues this past week or so, just doing this as an experiment really.
I am not eating the raw meat at the same time as cooked, but on different meals same day, haven't had any issues yet and stomach feels great.
I have reduced fruit intake to one fruit every other day so maybe thats why, but I do eat honey, veggies and roots/tubers pretty much every day lately...
I have read some people's warnings that if you eat raw meat and cooked meat you will get parasites, I now doubt that is true unless you have a weak immune system or weak digestion (or you can't digest any cooked meat).
Also what about all those times people cook just the outside of the meat and the inside stays raw, I have done that with steak lots of times, that is basically eating raw and cooked at the same time, doesn't cause any issues either.
I think it will only cause issues if you are eating junk like breads, grains, sugars etc...but just raw and cooked meat seems very safe to me.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2010, 01:36:05 am »
Grandparents came into town. I ate about a pound of raw chicken on saturday, eating raw beef before and after. I was ok until sunday night when I had the WORST sh**s. That night was terrible. I woke up constantly, nasty experience. I don't know if it was the mixing but damn. I certainly won't be doing that sequence again.

Onions are awesome and I love them. Haven't tried them recently though...

I used to love onions but now on this diet I cant stand them, as for raw chicken , it seems that it gives many people the sh##ts
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2012, 12:38:07 am »
Can anyone comment as to whether eating a partially raw diet with cooked SAD foods is bad? Not like, SAD foods are bad, but that there's a reason to not be on a mixed diet.

I want to stop ordering raw milk and eggs, and start ordering suet, wild-caught salmon, and picking up chuck roast.

I was on a mixed diet and didn't notice any problems. I was eating a lot of SAD foods, along with a meal a day of suet and some meat.

Any comments?
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2012, 12:55:20 am »
Can anyone comment as to whether eating a partially raw diet with cooked SAD foods is bad? Not like, SAD foods are bad, but that there's a reason to not be on a mixed diet.

One of my thoughts is that, if you extrapolate along the lines of Pottenger's cats, you can surmise that the big disease problems with cooked foods do not occur in the short run, just as lung cancer and emphysema do not result from the first pack of cigarettes. I have eaten a healthy cooked diet most of my life, yet that did not prevent the onset of disease. Why deceive yourself?

Go ahead and eat some cooked foods if your circumstances demand it, but do so without justifying that it is all the same.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2012, 01:22:12 am »
One of my thoughts is that, if you extrapolate along the lines of Pottenger's cats, you can surmise that the big disease problems with cooked foods do not occur in the short run, just as lung cancer and emphysema do not result from the first pack of cigarettes. I have eaten a healthy cooked diet most of my life, yet that did not prevent the onset of disease. Why deceive yourself?

Go ahead and eat some cooked foods if your circumstances demand it, but do so without justifying that it is all the same.

Thanks for that. I'm not implying cooked food isn't bad. Just that temporarily, I can't be fully raw. For now I'll eat suet with some raw meats.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2012, 04:25:53 am »
Well, eating fully raw is a huge different from eating cooked meat. I have a severe sore throat that nothing can help me. But just sticking on 100% raw food, I don't feel any pain
bugs or country chickens

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk