Author Topic: High-Meat-Recipe Preparation For More Advanced RAFers  (Read 239654 times)

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
Re: High-Meat-Recipe Preparation For More Advanced RAFers
« Reply #75 on: September 03, 2010, 03:04:57 pm »
Don't some people like high-meat best after it completely liquefies though?  That seems to me like there isn't much of the meat left, lol.
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2010, 03:42:58 pm »
I compromise by taking a spoon full of liquefied bacterial ravaged meat with a good portion of fresh meat an fat that way I get a large dose of bacteria to help me turn the fresh meat into the most optimal human fuel I have ever lived off of

I don't care for the flavor of liquid rot, but I get past it by gulping it down with a sip of water,(its my medicine)Its never given me any ill effect. Is it possible to get meat too high?

I think av rotted meat for over a year and ate it with aged meat, a raw egg and raw milk; so if that combination hasn't killed him yet then there may not be a limit to the highness of meat as long as its not contaminated.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 03:53:14 pm by sabertooth »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline needs_and_wants

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 06, 2010, 05:09:03 pm »
hey all, ive been preparing a batch now for about a month, my first. I started with organic grassfed but was vacuum packed so probably wet aged a bit before I started it. do ye suppose this is ok? Ive used the out-of-the-fridge method, and aired twice a day, im thinking of trying it but can't be sure its not contaminated. How does one know for sure? Its brown in colour with a slight tint of green, kind of like army colours. I think I remember reading if its green to chuck it out. maybe I should, but i've come this far and would really like to try it. wat do ye think? is it risky? thanks for your help!  :)
feel, beyond the limitations of the mind, through the eyes of the soul

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #78 on: September 06, 2010, 09:18:39 pm »
Just try it out and see.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 06, 2010, 09:33:29 pm »
@needs - why do you air the high meat twice a day?
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline needs_and_wants

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 06, 2010, 10:28:50 pm »
PaleoPhil, I read it was best to air once/day if aging in higher temps, and thought id do twice/day just to be safe as im a bit apprehensive about the whole thing.

Tyler, I reckon ill give it a shot tomorrow morning then, if you don't hear from me assume the worst :)

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 06, 2010, 10:55:52 pm »
Where did you see that? I'm curious, because I only air once a week and wonder if I'm being too incautious. I think Tyler recommended once every 3 days, but I tended to forget and didn't notice any difference when it had gone a week, so I stuck with once/week and I tend to remember that better.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline needs_and_wants

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 07, 2010, 12:05:16 am »
IIRC it was another user on here who mentioned that was the way the went about it themselves, only I cant find the comment now. it wasnt an official recommendation or anything..

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #83 on: September 07, 2010, 04:03:31 am »
Where did you see that? I'm curious, because I only air once a week and wonder if I'm being too incautious. I think Tyler recommended once every 3 days, but I tended to forget and didn't notice any difference when it had gone a week, so I stuck with once/week and I tend to remember that better.
  Aajonus recommends airing at least once every 3 days. I usually air my high-meat once every day, max 2, as that ensures fewer mistakes re high-meat preparation.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline needs_and_wants

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 07, 2010, 04:52:41 pm »
So, I gave it a shot, about a half teaspoon of liquid followed with water, and it seemed fine. I waited about an hour before eating anything else to see how my body reacted but I was grand. It kind of reminded me of aged cheese in a sense, a taste I can see myself becoming quite accustomed to. Happy days, reckon ill try a full teaspoon tomorrow, and maybe a chunk the day after :)

Tyler, do you age in the fridge yourself?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #85 on: September 07, 2010, 05:27:06 pm »
Yes.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 07, 2010, 10:47:54 pm »
What about leaving it uncovered? Say with a screen over it to keep out the flies. Does the stink go away?
Cheers
Al

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #87 on: September 08, 2010, 12:26:43 am »
What about leaving it uncovered? Say with a screen over it to keep out the flies. Does the stink go away?
No. The flies are fiendishly clever at laying their eggs where no one can see them. You only have to brush 1 or 2 into the meat without realising and it's then fouled with maggots soon after. You need at least 2 plastic bin-bags covering the high-meat and you'd still have to be careful.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 19, 2010, 11:12:00 pm »
so i tried my first high meat prep by putting just a little bit of cut up meat in a small glass jar in the fridge.  i figured i'd leave it there for a month with airing ever so often. but condensation would appear on the glass, so every day i would wipe this out with a clean towel. after a week of this.. too high maintenance for me, so i just took the cover off and let everything dry out.  now it's been a week uncovered. i wanted to taste it, and ended up eating it all..  it was flavorful, and tasty, but i know this is not really high. 

so, before my next attempt.. how to handle the condensation?, though i still want to keep it in the fridge.

thanks!

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 20, 2010, 06:51:17 am »
Moisture is necessary for optimal rot and bacterial inoculation.
The wetter the better when it comes to high meat.
Just let it be and after a month enjoy
condensation is fine(nothing to worry about)
High meat making isn't an exact science so let nature work its magic
And just learn to know by taste and smell how ripe you want it.

Sometimes the fridge is too cold and the meat doesn't ripen fast enough
so I leave it out every night for a week, airing it and putting it back in the fridge in the morning
It seems to quicken the aging, and makes meat higher and faster,plus I notice no difference in quality when compared to slower aged meat.

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 20, 2010, 10:16:00 am »
Moisture is necessary for optimal rot and bacterial inoculation.
The wetter the better when it comes to high meat.
Just let it be and after a month enjoy
condensation is fine(nothing to worry about)
High meat making isn't an exact science so let nature work its magic
And just learn to know by taste and smell how ripe you want it.

but doesn't that allow for mold??.. there wouldn't be condensation if i left in on the counter or something, it's only there because the fridge temp cycles. i love the taste of aged meat, but fuzzy growth...  :P

Sometimes the fridge is too cold and the meat doesn't ripen fast enough
so I leave it out every night for a week, airing it and putting it back in the fridge in the morning
It seems to quicken the aging, and makes meat higher and faster,plus I notice no difference in quality when compared to slower aged meat.

thanks! i'll try that next time.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 20, 2010, 07:12:25 pm »
fuzzy mold is part of the early high meat process, Av talks about mold and bacteria growing on high meat,

Usually after it gets real high the fuzz gets eattin away by other life forms and adds its richness to the primordial soup(yummy)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 07:32:40 pm by sabertooth »

Offline needs_and_wants

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 24, 2010, 06:33:11 pm »
What should one do if there is a considerable build up of blood at the bottom of the jar of high meat? Is it best to pour it off? Thanks!

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #93 on: September 24, 2010, 09:05:59 pm »
What should one do if there is a considerable build up of blood at the bottom of the jar of high meat? Is it best to pour it off? Thanks!

I never like wasting things.  For those that don't drink this probiotic rich leftover, I recommend replenishing your garden's soil with it.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 04, 2011, 07:15:11 pm »
Anyone though of adding dirt to high meat. In paleo times there would of been a lot of dirt. Maybe the dirt bacteria will grow too?
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 04, 2011, 07:19:20 pm »
fuzzy mold is part of the early high meat process, Av talks about mold and bacteria growing on high meat,

Usually after it gets real high the fuzz gets eattin away by other life forms and adds its richness to the primordial soup(yummy)

Yes I hear bacteria will eat candida A. and good bacteria can eat the bad bacteria too.

A lot of people may need consistant addition of bacteria in their diet to kill candida. The people having fecal transplants found the would be fine for a month or so (remission from crohns/IBS/Ulcerative colitis) and then need a new batch!

Albert Camus

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #96 on: January 04, 2011, 07:21:56 pm »
Anyone though of adding dirt to high meat. In paleo times there would of been a lot of dirt. Maybe the dirt bacteria will grow too?
  I have thought about it, especially since the current research on bacteria affecting mood has been focusing on soil bacteria, and I was wondering if soil bacteria were somehow mysteriously different to bacteria in "high-meat". But I am too squeamish and don't like such dirty flesh. 
I recall that the Inuit, according to Stefansson, ate a lot of raw fish coated heavily in sand/grit, but I seem to recall that this wore down their teeth a great deal.
" Ron Paul.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 04, 2011, 07:26:03 pm »
I'll try it right now I'm making a batch and will report back...

Albert Camus

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 04, 2011, 07:42:54 pm »
this wore down their teeth a great deal.
But the teeth grew again.
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #99 on: January 04, 2011, 07:46:29 pm »
But the teeth grew again.
I recall(?) Stefansson saying that their teeth were constantly worn down due to the grit/sand in their raw fish so their teeth didn't regrow. I admit that Stefansson also stated that the teeth were only worn down with roots etc. still intact, so  that the teeth could have grown back if they had stopped consuming all that grit.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk