Author Topic: Hey Everybody.  (Read 4509 times)

Offline stevesurv

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
Hey Everybody.
« on: August 07, 2008, 05:50:53 am »
Hello. My name's Stephen. I've been reading this forum for about a month and now have decided to introduce myself as a new member. :) I've been raw paleo for about 2 months and on the Primal Diet for 8 months. Had a few bumps along the way with no-no's but have been sticking to it pretty faithfully. It wasn't until I discovered Geoff's blog a couple months ago when I started getting the results I was really looking for. I LOVE BONE MARROW! I eat mostly organs and some muscle meat like lamb ribs, which I also absolutely love, and a little chicken. Don't like the chicken as much but I have a lot of it so... I also eat seafood like salmon, mussels, oysters, and scallops.
  I've never felt stronger in my life! My body feels much more dense, if you will. I'll get into the details of my health and improvements later but I can tell you now that I am very excited about my discoveries. Much thanks to everyone who has posted so much valuable information here.

Catch ya later. ;)

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Everybody.
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 05:54:43 am »
Hey Stephen!
It's so great that we're getting so many new members these days (not that I've been here for very long at all, haha!)

I'm glad to hear that you're doing well with the diet!
Stay strong, friend!

Offline stevesurv

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 05:57:56 am »
Appreciate the encouragement.

Satya

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 06:17:51 am »
Hi Stephen,

Thanks for introducing yourself.  I love lamb, but marrow is not as easy for me.  :)

xylothrill

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 07:30:09 am »
Welcome to the forum, Stephen! The more, the merrier.

Craig

Offline stevesurv

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 09:46:30 am »
Hi Stephen,

Thanks for introducing yourself.  I love lamb, but marrow is not as easy for me.  :)

I don't know what it is about that marrow. At first I just couldn't get enough of that stuff. I went through 40 pounds of marrow bones in a couple weeks. I've slowed down since then but it's still a staple.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 05:15:36 pm »
Hello. My name's Stephen. I've been reading this forum for about a month and now have decided to introduce myself as a new member. :) I've been raw paleo for about 2 months and on the Primal Diet for 8 months. Had a few bumps along the way with no-no's but have been sticking to it pretty faithfully. It wasn't until I discovered Geoff's blog a couple months ago when I started getting the results I was really looking for. I LOVE BONE MARROW! I eat mostly organs and some muscle meat like lamb ribs, which I also absolutely love, and a little chicken. Don't like the chicken as much but I have a lot of it so... I also eat seafood like salmon, mussels, oysters, and scallops.
  I've never felt stronger in my life! My body feels much more dense, if you will. I'll get into the details of my health and improvements later but I can tell you now that I am very excited about my discoveries. Much thanks to everyone who has posted so much valuable information here.

Catch ya later. ;)

I'm sure one of those bumps was raw dairy.

As regards the raw organ-meats, I erroneously gave the impression in that blog, without realising, that raw organ-meats should be eaten instead of raw muscle-meats. In fact, even at that time, I was also eating some raw muscle-meats in the form of raw wild-hare /wild mallard duck etc, so should have made that clearer. My recommendation re raw (grassfed)organ-meats is due to the fact that a) RAFers report increased speed of recovery when they regularly include a variety of them in the diet, b) that they are usually easier to digest for many RAF-newbies who've incurred a wrecked digestive-system as a result of being on cooked-/processed diets, and c) that they are far more nutritionally-dense than muscle-meats. However, raw muscle-meats(if organic/grassfed/wildcaught etc.) are perfectly OK to eat as well.

Re chicken:- I've never liked raw chicken, not even now after years on the diet. Mind you, chicken here in the UK are fed mostly on 100% grain/veg-based diets despite the fact that chickens are omnivores. Farmers are actually proud of this sort of diet.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 05:20:50 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline stevesurv

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008, 07:19:56 pm »
I'm sure one of those bumps was raw dairy.

As regards the raw organ-meats, I erroneously gave the impression in that blog, without realising, that raw organ-meats should be eaten instead of raw muscle-meats. In fact, even at that time, I was also eating some raw muscle-meats in the form of raw wild-hare /wild mallard duck etc, so should have made that clearer. My recommendation re raw (grassfed)organ-meats is due to the fact that a) RAFers report increased speed of recovery when they regularly include a variety of them in the diet, b) that they are usually easier to digest for many RAF-newbies who've incurred a wrecked digestive-system as a result of being on cooked-/processed diets, and c) that they are far more nutritionally-dense than muscle-meats. However, raw muscle-meats(if organic/grassfed/wildcaught etc.) are perfectly OK to eat as well.

Re chicken:- I've never liked raw chicken, not even now after years on the diet. Mind you, chicken here in the UK are fed mostly on 100% grain/veg-based diets despite the fact that chickens are omnivores. Farmers are actually proud of this sort of diet.

Hey Geoff
  No, I have to admit that I've never had the problems with raw dairy as you've described. It may be in my genes. I don't really know. The "bumps" were straight up cooked food and horrors such as ice cream and alcohol. Now, the ice cream is technically a dairy food but I blame most of the problems incurred on the large quantities of sugar. I seem very sensitive to sugar in any form because I quickly start to develop mad cravings for more and more. It also aggravates my cravings for alcohol.
  Most of the meat I consume is organ meat, such as liver, kidney, heart and marrow. Muscle meat is secondary. The chicken I've been consuming was bought from Ted Slanker who claims to leave his chickens to forage for most of their food(bugs, grass). The taste still doesn't sit right with me. Oh well. I'm still gonna choke it down till it's gone. ;D
  I've read just about every post on your blog and many of them on this forum and have been following most of your advice. I'm amazed at how quickly my body recovers health on this diet. I was eating many more vegetables on the primal diet in the form of juice and only muscle meat with only a small percentage of the results I've enjoyed on this diet. Thanks again.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk