Author Topic: Tea  (Read 3273 times)

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Tea
« on: July 27, 2010, 11:27:33 am »
Your opinion about drinking tea?  Green tea?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Tea
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 02:15:15 pm »
Social drink.

Herbal medicine.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Cinna

• Bear Hunter
  • "dreamy/dreamer"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 01:58:54 pm »
Hi, Ioanna! I used to love drinking tea, but I haven't for several months now. I mostly drank organic Yogi Teas that were meant to be cleansing or soothing (digestion), Numi... loved chai, rooibos. I seemed to do fine with them and found them comforting/soothing, but that may also be partly psychological - tea as a ritual, i.e., taking time out (from world, from mind) and just being. Being with your tea. Zenning out. ;)

I haven't ruled out teas forever and will probably experiment with sun-steeping and using fresh ingredients. I think teas can be very healing.

I do think the Yogi Teas can be effective because in SAD days, one time I drank/sipped Stomach Ease tea while eating an entire (if not entire, almost entire) order of "Zesty Nachos" at Denny's. And that is some serious SAD going around in all directions! And my tummy felt just fine, just great (whereas without the tea, my tummy would feel upset/bloated).

Do you drink any teas?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 09:25:51 pm »
I would only drink tea as an alternative to coffee during social situations. I eitrher drink mineral water(alkaline that is) - or alcohol, if in pubs etc.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 09:03:08 am »
I drink copious amounts of organic black, green and herbals teas. Probably 5-6 cups a day, alternated with hot water. It has done me nothing but good.

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2010, 10:35:41 am »
I don't even drink hot water anymore.
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline Michael

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2010, 11:39:18 pm »
I drink tea only for social reasons.  I came to the conclusion after years of excluding tea on RPD that our diet is not the only source for attainment of  mental/physical health.  I consider the sharing and positive vibrational energy exchanges revolving around such human rituals as tea drinking as being equally powerful.

I do avoid drinking HOT liquids and, where possible, select only plain boiled water or lightly steeped organic herbals.
1. When offered something that is too good to be true. It is.
2. Greed and fear are poor states of mind in which to make decisions; like shopping at the supermarket when you are hungry.
3. Exponential growth is mathematically unsustainable.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk