Author Topic: Vacations in South-West France?  (Read 4201 times)

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Vacations in South-West France?
« on: July 27, 2010, 10:28:26 pm »
Friendly raw paleo dieters are welcome at my countryside place in South-West France. There are 2 guestrooms, 8000 m2 of garden and orchard, poultry, a spring with fresh water basin. No cooker. Please care of you own raw food, but meat grinders or other food processing equipments are unwelcome. Free lodging in exchange of some help to maintain the garden and house. Contact me by PM if you’re interested.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
Re: Vacations in South-West France?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 02:50:06 pm »
I had the best holiday in France when I was a kid. Stayed in a old monastry in Normandy, great memories. Ate absolute crap though.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 04:26:49 pm »
I've visited France a lot in the past. Mostly,to a village in remote Correze, but also to Normandy and Brittany, other than frequent excursions to Nice and the surrounding areas from Italy. My best experiences were in Brittany - I highly recommend the place as it has vast tides which means the shellfish there are the 2nd biggest in the world and you get vast, cheap plates of "moules marinieres" and gigantic lobsters(albeit cooked in restaurants, though I'm sure one can buy them in raw form)- only Canada has the highest tides and therefore the biggest of all shellfish.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 06:00:07 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 05:44:50 pm »
My best experiences were in Brittany - I highly recommend the place as it has vast tides which means the shellfish there are the 2nd biggest (...) only Canada has the highest tides and therefore the biggest of all shellfish.

Yes, there's a lot of shellfish and sea-grass in Brittany bays: big limpets, mussels, wild oysters. But it's 700 - 800 km north of my place.

Here I have a lot of fruits getting ripe on the trees now, I don't know what to do with them: various prunes, apples, peaches, soon figs and also raspberries and blackberries, tomatoes, melons, watermelons...
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 11:25:49 am »
count me very interested. i just don't know if i have the money to make it over there anytime soon. sounds amazing though. maybe i'll just have to take a rain check

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 02:41:14 pm »

Eric, just let me know if and when are able to come. You'll be welcome.

Cheers
François

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk