Author Topic: good sources of carbs..  (Read 19123 times)

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: good sources of carbs..
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2010, 01:09:42 am »
well, its summer time, why not try a variety of summer fruits AND try the baked potato thing (on seperate occasions)? I eat a bit of fruit every few days now, havn't had the same fruit twice.

I honestly don't seem to notice any positive diference in terms of very small quanties of fruits being beneficial in bulking or adding to strength or any other type of thing (in fact probably the opposite due to sensativities/fungal things). As a caveat, I suspect fruits can give beneficial if not necessary vitamins for long term health, especially if one is already heavily limiting their diet to specific domestic animals/muscle meats etc...

Because of the repair/adjustment aspect, in terms of gains, your body doesn't seem to give two craps about what your aesthetic goals are for the most part. I think ultimately, eating a high fat raw diet, you aren't going to see alot of gains during these periods unless you eat alot of high calorie food and exert alot of stress on your muscles and it will be very differnt than those eating mostly cooked diets. adding small ammounts of carbs might boost some kind of metabolic thing for some, but odds are it will be alot less productive than doing so on a cooked diet.

Offline mrz

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2010, 02:21:33 am »
Well i added one baked potato and it seems to be agreeing with me. It cant be that bad.. we gotta live a lot.

I ate 4,000 calories yesterday.. 3,600 came from back fat, marrow, meat, and eggs,

400 came from baked potato.. id say thats a pretty healthy day..

to top it off too i take good digestive enzymes with the baked potato.. i didnt get bloating, gas, nada.. and my face is still clearing up

Offline RosettaWood

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2013, 05:02:20 pm »
On a paleo diet, you can depend on fruits and vegetables for energy and carbs. Banana is a great idea. Eat cherries and pineapples as well.

Offline A_Tribe_Called_Paleo

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2014, 01:42:50 am »
Try raw dairy

Offline political atheist

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2014, 04:31:13 am »
miles, where in the UK are you?  You're welcome to PM me and, if you're lucky, I will reveal my highly-prized, top-secret sources of grass-finished meats and wild game!  :)

what is ur grass finished source?
Pumping out units, I mean kids, aka bringing innocent beings into this ‘heavenly’ dimension of misery, suffering, struggling, pain and DEATH, WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION/CONSENT, is NOT the solution/remedy/cure for your personal problems/issues such as: boredom, poverty, selfishness, loneliness, low IQ, **megalomania, shallowness, emptiness, vanity, hero complex syndrome, narcissism, virtue signalling syndrome. Please stop being a sadist, masochist and find a more useful/constructive hobby. 😉

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2014, 08:43:34 am »
My 13 year old boy likes bananas and other hydrating fruits.

I tried sweet potatoes on him but he prefers bananas.  So I try to get the better varieties of bananas like Saba and Latundan and without chemical ripening chemicals.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk