Author Topic: backfat omg...  (Read 8874 times)

Offline mrz

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
backfat omg...
« on: August 13, 2010, 04:34:40 am »
i got some bison backfat..tastes amazing..

if im correct, 1lb of it is around 4000 calories???

i just ate 0.5lbs..lol

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: backfat omg...
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 05:37:13 am »
i got some bison backfat..tastes amazing..

if im correct, 1lb of it is around 4000 calories???

i just ate 0.5lbs..lol

Congratulations for the discovering the great taste of raw fat!
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline mrz

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 05:48:31 am »
ive been eating marrow.. but backfat is tastier i think.. and it fills me up.. what do u think about mixing it?

im going to try to get fat 3 times a day... breakfast egg yolk, lunch, back fat, dinner, marrow.

these are the best 3 fat sources for me so far

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 05:22:50 am »
nice, where do you get it, and how much? I cant seem to find a good grassfed fat source in my area.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

"There is a lot of pressure to be sexualized but not to actually be sexual."
- women's health member

Offline Rob

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 08:15:31 am »
You can get the back fat from http://www.northstarbison.com/

I can't seem to be as enthusiastic about it. I eat it straight, but can only eat about 60g per day. I bought a meat grinder to try grinding it into my grass fed beef. I went too far. Too much fat compared to beef. I just couldn't get it down. I cooked it lightly, and it made all the difference. This is disappointing, as I want to eat it raw. I will try grinding less fat next time and see how much I can go before it gets unpalatable.

It is better if I warm it to 100 degrees in the convection oven. I figure i just need to keep at it, and hopefully acquire the taste.

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 09:05:41 am »
I actually find it repulsive to eat fat warm. I usually eat suet at room temp and chase each piece with water till I get a taste for it.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

- women's health member

Offline the PresiDenT

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 01:18:17 pm »
I actually find it repulsive to eat fat warm. I usually eat suet at room temp and chase each piece with water till I get a taste for it.
ya i find the same, but what about digestion? i am doing an experiment and left some suet out for 12h and am eating, and my stomach is making a ton of noise and i feel hungrier than usual once i started eating it. does anyone know what this means/what m body is telling me?

(i left fat out for 2days by accident, and then tested on my dog lol. i do a buncha tests on my dog and i figure if she can get it down and stay down i prob can. except bones. she can, i cant)
The price is wrong Bob

Offline subfarm

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 10:34:09 pm »
I experiment on my dog with new animal stuff I want to try. If he eats it and begs for more, I can assume it's not going to kill me. Then again, dogs do eat cat poop.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2010, 06:32:25 am »
Haha I did this with the cat whom my parents take care of when I first ate raw meat. But as long as you're a family man, I don't think you need to worry. As for the fat thing, I just chew it until the saliva starts flowing(i.e. get the taste for it) but if it doesn't come then I would spit it out.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2010, 07:54:09 am »
Taste of beef fat depends on the animal in my experience.
Some taste better than others.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2010, 11:15:57 pm »
Okay, I take back what I said about eating warm fat. I like it either warm or room temp. I have found a great source of grassfed organic fat, but I need to make it easier to eat. Right now the fat is very hard and it crumbles. Has anyone had this problem and does anyone know how to make it softer? I choked on a few pieces and could not get a lot down. If possible, Id like to be able to just drink it. PLZ let me know.

- women's health member

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2010, 06:33:59 am »
If its too hard and crumbly and you can't eat it, then grate it into ground meat, mix it together and eat it like a raw burger patty. The ground meat is juicy and should help you get the fat down.
I like bone marrow because its creamy and that makes it easy to eat on its own. Otherwise I eat fat only when its part of the meat or mixed with it. Some pig fat is chewy and not dry and that one I can eat on its own too.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2010, 06:38:16 am »
The hard and crumbly fat becomes soft when I chew it, as it warms up and the salivary lipase gets mixed up with it.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline King Salmon

• Elder
  • Eating the best realistic diet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2010, 02:54:19 am »
I made the mistake of trying cured pig back fat.They put so much sodium,I had acid reflux and threw up everywhere.I need to get a better source next time.
"Eat the best of what's available and call it a day"

Offline B.Money

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2010, 04:26:18 am »
Is there a such thing as cow back fat? If so, what would the butcher know it as so I can order it from when I buy my big orders?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk