Author Topic: Wolf's Journal  (Read 47566 times)

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
Re: Wolf's Journal
« Reply #100 on: September 19, 2010, 06:36:58 pm »
How often do you eat grains. This was what it was like for me when I would eat a grain product after being grain free for a while. It took a few of these experiences (and they worsened each time for mew) before I was totally 100% grain free.

And, you would get diarrhea for 4 days in a row after eating a little grain?  Even after fasting for a day and a half and then drink some probiotic raw milk and eating probiotic raw butter?
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 20, 2010, 08:02:02 pm »
Still kind of have diarrhea, but it doesn't seem to be as bad as it used to.  might even just be because I haven't been eating much solid food, too, I've only been eating the dairy.  and I'm starving, and I've lost way too much weight now, I feel anorexic and I don't like it.  I'm going to try eating some solid meat today, I'm going to stop by trader joe's on the way to class and pick up some grass-fed ground beef.  I'm only going to eat 4 ounces of it though, for now, just to see how I react to it.  I think I'll be fine though, I don't seem to be having any bad reactions to the raw cheese and butter, but we'll see how I do on meat.  I want to buy some fat trimmings too, but those are only grain-fed and I'm not sure if I should go with that yet.  I still have some cheese and butter leftover though, so I'll eat those if I get hungry.  Also, haven't yet drank my little bit of milk that I've left sitting out yet, it's gotten rather separated and smells kinda cheesy, actually kinda smells really good right now, I hope it tastes as good as it smells.  There's only probably about one big gulp in there, though, but I doubt I'll be able to gulp it all down at once, I'll probably drink it pretty slowly because of the separation.  I'll drink it before I leave for class and to go buy my meat.  I'm hoping the meat sits well, I'm really hungry, but I'm also afraid to eat anything not raw because I feel like it'll make me super sick all over again.  I find it funny that, thinking I might have salmonella/foodpoisoning, I'm afraid to eat anything BUT raw meat and raw milk/dairy, which are usually thought to be the causes lol.  Still afraid to eat any raw eggs though, at least until this sickness is completely gone.  Also afraid to eat any fruit.

After I get over this though, I want to start eating a lot more.  I feel like I've lost way too much weight, and need to gain some back.  I want to eat meat, fat, eggs, and fruit everyday.. if I could afford it, I'd buy dairy to eat everyday, too.  When I move back to my normal location for work, I might make enough to afford it.  Not sure if I'll be able to eat liver though, the grain-fed liver was pretty gross.  Haven't tried chopping it up and adding it to my meat, though.  Still haven't gotten a response about the grass-fed liver at the health food store, either.

Also, took some new pictures of my eyes the other day.. I think right before I got sick. They seem to be a lot more hazel looking in these pics than they were before.

Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.

Offline Rob

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 21, 2010, 12:10:21 am »
And, you would get diarrhea for 4 days in a row after eating a little grain?  Even after fasting for a day and a half and then drink some probiotic raw milk and eating probiotic raw butter?

No, this is way more extreme. My reaction is intense lower stomach pain several hours after eating grain, which takes several hours to pass. Followed by intermittent diarrhea for about 8 hours.

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 21, 2010, 04:16:01 am »
No, this is way more extreme. My reaction is intense lower stomach pain several hours after eating grain, which takes several hours to pass. Followed by intermittent diarrhea for about 8 hours.

I've had diarrhea for about 4 - 5 days now, I think it's more than a reaction to just grains which I was perfectly fine with eating only a few days prior.

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 21, 2010, 04:54:33 am »
sour milk is too sour, almost puked trying to drink it, so that isn't going to work.

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 22, 2010, 07:08:11 pm »
Okay 4 ounces of meat did fine yesterday and I'm actually feeling a lot better, didn't have any diarrhea (though no bowel movement at all either) yesterday either.  Ate some more meat, another 4 ounces, when I woke up in the middle of the night and got hungry, but then I napped for about an hour or so a little while ago.  Still have 8 ounces left, gonna eat the whole 8 ounces tomorrow.  Tried eating some fruit just now, so we'll see how that goes.  I do get a bit of stomach discomfort every once in a while, but it doesn't come out as diarrhea, just gas, then I feel fine.  Just feel a little weak from how little I've been eating the passed what, 4 or 5 days?  maybe 6?  But since food seems to be doing fine now, I can start eating again.

Okay nevermind, got diarrhea again not long after eating the fruit, and keep getting it again.  Any sort of plant food seems to make it worse.  No more plant food for me.  I bought a bag of raw brazil nuts, and they taste pretty good actually, but they make my diarrhea worse.  I'll have to wait until after I recover.  Gonna see if my dad will buy me some raw nuts now though, that would be nice if I could get him to buy them for me, and add them to the fruit and eggs he already buys me.  Gotta make sure I tell him I only like them raw though, not roasted or anything, and that I won't eat them if they are.  Gonna blame it on taste though.  Well kinda, guess I'll just say I don't like the roasted ones and make a disgusted face as if they taste bad.  Implies that it's because of the taste without actually saying it or lying, kekeke.  

Gonna buy some more raw milk on the way to school today though, since it helped.  Still have some butter leftover, so I'm going to buy a half gallon of milk instead of the smaller quarter gallon, and only buy the milk.  No cheese.. well, although if they have the raw cultured butter I might get it, but I don't like the taste of it unless it's spread on cheese.  Hm.  We'll see.  But I'm going to drink the milk more slowly, so it lasts longer this time.. Can't afford to buy milk everyday.  Plus I probably won't be able to stop by that store again until Monday, so, gotta try and make the milk last.  Wondering if I should buy some cream too though, which is all more probiotic?  Or how about Colostrum or uh.. Quefer?--Okay I just looked it up on the website of Organic Pastures, which is the brand of raw milk that I get, and it's Qephor.  I'm definately going to get some--http://www.organicpastures.com/products_qephor.html--I guess it's like yogurt.  That and cultured butter, if they have it this time, should act like a good enough probiotic, no?  Gonna get the milk too though, 'cause I'm just hungry.. wondering if I should buy more meat and eat a pound of it a day instead of 8oz, but I don't want to overload on protein and cause myself more acne, if protein is the cause as according to Wai.. but right now, my main priority is to get over this sickness.  I'm tired of this diarrhea, I'm tired of feeling sick, I'm tired of not being able to eat, I'm hungry and I don't want to be in pain anymore.

When I go to the stores, I'll also look for the apple cider vinegar that's been suggested to me, though I'm a little afraid to eat it since it's plant-based.

I guess the only thing good about having gotten sick though is that it's making me eat 100% purely raw again though.  But the dairy's gonna cost me.

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #106 on: September 22, 2010, 07:43:59 pm »
When I go to the stores, I'll also look for the apple cider vinegar that's been suggested to me, though I'm a little afraid to eat it since it's plant-based.

But you're using it as a tool and not a food source. The amount you're ingesting is minimal and the benefit should outweigh any concerns you have about it. It's also been fermented so should be easier on your digestion than a fresh apple would be.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 23, 2010, 03:19:47 am »
But you're using it as a tool and not a food source. The amount you're ingesting is minimal and the benefit should outweigh any concerns you have about it. It's also been fermented so should be easier on your digestion than a fresh apple would be.

Hmmm, maybe.  I'm still going to try it, just hoping it won't make me sick.

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 25, 2010, 04:43:29 pm »
The apple cider vinegar didn't seem to make much of a difference, and I still seemed to have slight discomfort in my stomach/intestines the day I drank it that I don't think I had the day before when I didn't drink the apple cider vinegar, and which I didn't have today and I haven't drank any.  I also almost seem to be constipated now.  Not sure if the apple cider vinegar did any good really.  I do seem to feel a lot better today though.  Don't think I'll drink anymore though.. maybe not until I'm feeling a bit better.  Also tried eating three egg yolks today, in the morning, and that went perfectly fine.  Didn't cause any problems.

Dunno how much longer I should go before trying to eat fruit and stuff again.. maybe just slowly introduce things, like the eggs right now.. grain-fed fat(since it's the only fat i can get) next in a day or so.. then a little fruit after that in another couple days?  I'm still so hungry, ugh.. wondering if I should eat a lb of meat a day instead of half.  Probably will, so I can keep the intake of my expensive raw milk down.

Stopped by my fresh and easy which is next to my work, since they have some fresh wild-caught fish and I wanted to try some before I get transferred back to my other store.  Bought some of this really thinly sliced italian ham stuff, which is from italy and was in the 50% off section, which I was looking at because the slices had generous portions of fat on them.  But they're salted, and I hadn't yet eaten any pork raw, so I was hesitant and wasn't going to get it.  Until this couple came up besides me, and the wife pointed to the pork and said "Oh those are supposed to be eaten nearly raw!" and I asked, "Those can be eaten raw?" and she said "Yeah, or just barely sizzled over the fire and then served."  I saw this as a sign, and got the ham slices.  Also picked up a small thing of wild caught yellowfin tuna, which is also my first time eating raw fish, or any fish other than fishsticks.

The pork (ate all four ounces) tasted pretty good, though rather salty, and I didn't like the salty taste.  Otherwise was good, and the fat part was easy to eat even coldish, although maybe easier since it was so very thinly sliced.  Just tried the fish, and it doesn't taste fishy at all!  And the texture isn't all that different from other meats, either.  It actually tastes pretty good.  I'm just a tad bit afraid of parasites, but..well, I guess it's too late now, already ate some.  I'm glad it tastes alright to me though, because then this means if I go out to a Japanese restaurant I can get some sashimi and be fine and eat raw.  Though I'd still prefer to get beef sashimi, or even chicken sashimi, but I don't know if you can get that in america?  Well, I guess I can always try, and if not, then stick with the fish.

The pork and fish were just a one-time thing to try out though, especially since I'm not going to be working next to that fresh and easy anymore.  Just got the fish to see if I'd be alright eating sushi since it's the only socially acceptable raw meat.  

Was really hungry at work today though, and there was a really really good smelling pizza, one of my favourites, that were available to be eaten by the employees.. I kept hovering by it, oh so tempted to take a bite, to eat a piece, to devour the entire thing, even though I knew it would make me sick again, but I nearly thought it would be worth it.  My coworker noticed though, and he knows I've been sick and I told him how tempted I was to eat it even though eating it would make me sick, and he kept telling me not to eat it, until finally he just threw it away right in front of me.. and said There, temptation gone.  I was so thankful to him for that, even though I was so sad that such a delicious pizza had to be thrown away.  Oh geeze, conflicting interests.

The pork and fish seem to have my belly feeling full, even though I barely ate any of the fish.. though for some reason my tongue is craving more food.  Maybe it was the salt in the pork.  Oh well, at least I feel a bit full, and even have a bunch of fish leftover, which I can eat tomorrow.. then maybe I can save my beef, I have a pound but I bought it to last me until monday, so thats a half pound for saturday and a half pound for sunday, rather than eating a whole pound on saturday and having none for sunday.

Does fish get high at all?  I hope it doesn't get bad tasting sitting out while I sleep all night, but I'll probably eat it for breakfast tomorrow.

Oh, should probably mention my skin's been a bit itchy lately.  Not a big deal, hardly even annoying, just something noticeable.  Dunno what that means either, but it's itchy everywhere, legs, arms, wrists, back.  No rash or anything though, and it isn't constant itchy, just every once in a while.. maybe my skin just got a bit dehydrated from all the diarrhea I had.  Who knows.  No biggie though, and I'm sure it will go away on it's own soon.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 04:49:41 pm by Wolf »

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 26, 2010, 07:13:41 pm »
Ate pretty well today I suppose, finished off my fish, ate some egg yolks, drank some milk, and ate some beef.  Still hungry though.. wish I could eat some fruits and nuts too.  Gonna try the apple cider vinegar again tomorrow when I wake up.  Still haven't had any diarrhea or even bowel movements at all, though no bowel movements seemed to be normal whenever I eat purely animal foods.  Had some slight discomforts in my stomach though, if you could even call them that, barely really anything, but just enough to make me think that eating any fruit right now would still wreak havoc on my intestines.  Felt a tad bit weak and lightheaded at work today, though it was super hot which doesn't help the matter, but I think it was also due to how little I've been eating.  Almost out of eggs, only have 2 left.  8 ounces of meat left.  And that's about it.. won't get to eat much tomorrow.  I wonder if cooked/processed meat will be bad on my intestines?  Especially if thoroughly chewed(I normally tend not to chew my food much, if at all)..  My dad bought some smokies, these little pre-cooked processed sausage things.. I'm wondering if I should try eating any if I get hungry.  They're pretty bad though, with preservatives and such I'm sure, but I know I'm going to be super hungry, and I think I'm more afraid to eat the fruit.  Monday I can buy more meat, though I'm kind of disliking buying all my meat in advanced.. the meat doesn't taste quite as good if I don't eat it the same day I buy it.  Though still tastes good enough.  Guess I should buy enough to eat a pound a day, at least until I get the Qephor, if I can.  Oh, I'll get some grain-fed fat tomorrow though.  That should help a bit with hunger.

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 29, 2010, 07:11:39 am »
WOO, just had my first solid bowel movement in over a week.. first bowel movement I've had since I stopped eating fruit.  nice and solid.  I feel a lot better now, I think I just lost another pound though.  Gonna start eating more fruit and such if we have it, gonna try to gain back all the weight I lost.. even my tightest pants were falling off me!

Unfortunately I left too late on Monday to buy my grass fed ground beef, so I have to get it tomorrow instead.  Fortunately got some lamb shoulder for cheap from fresh&easy the other day because it was old so they put it at a lower price.. was like $4 for 3/4 pound.  First time I ever have tried lamb though, I ate a few bites last night and it tastes pretty good actually, even all browned and old.. probably even better when fresh.. So I still have most of that left that I can eat today.  Also got more eggs, gonna eat 4 a day now maybe, to help try to gain weight.  Dunno if I will still go and get the Qephor tomorrow.. probably will just to make sure my gut's still nice and good, as well as maybe buy some raw butter and raw cheese to help with getting more calories and stuff, especially butter.  And some grain-fed fat on top of all that, I should be able to gain back my weight nicely.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #111 on: September 29, 2010, 07:21:17 am »
Here's wishing you get your figure back.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 29, 2010, 12:11:35 pm »
Here's wishing you get your figure back.

Thank you!

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 29, 2010, 01:19:40 pm »
WOO, just had my first solid bowel movement in over a week.. first bowel movement I've had since I stopped eating fruit.  nice and solid.  I feel a lot better now, I think I just lost another pound though.  Gonna start eating more fruit and such if we have it, gonna try to gain back all the weight I lost.. even my tightest pants were falling off me!

Unfortunately I left too late on Monday to buy my grass fed ground beef, so I have to get it tomorrow instead.  Fortunately got some lamb shoulder for cheap from fresh&easy the other day because it was old so they put it at a lower price.. was like $4 for 3/4 pound.  First time I ever have tried lamb though, I ate a few bites last night and it tastes pretty good actually, even all browned and old.. probably even better when fresh.. So I still have most of that left that I can eat today.  Also got more eggs, gonna eat 4 a day now maybe, to help try to gain weight.  Dunno if I will still go and get the Qephor tomorrow.. probably will just to make sure my gut's still nice and good, as well as maybe buy some raw butter and raw cheese to help with getting more calories and stuff, especially butter.  And some grain-fed fat on top of all that, I should be able to gain back my weight nicely.

Did you mean kefir (fermented dairy drink) instead of qephor? I laughed pretty hard after i figured that one out :). Do you do well with all this dairy? From what your saying it seems like your over doing it. I haven't been following your journal but is there a reason you cant eat more grass-fed beef?
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 03, 2010, 07:55:18 am »
Did you mean kefir (fermented dairy drink) instead of qephor? I laughed pretty hard after i figured that one out :). Do you do well with all this dairy? From what your saying it seems like your over doing it. I haven't been following your journal but is there a reason you cant eat more grass-fed beef?

It's Kefir, but Qephor is the brand name of the raw kefir made from colostrum with russian kefir grains I can get from organic pastures.  Dairy doesn't seem to affect me that badly.. but really, I was trying to leave out the dairy, I only added it back in recently to help with my stomach problems I was having.  Those seem to be over now though, so after I run out of this dairy I won't buy anymore.  And I bought more beef too, though.  Been eating a pound of it a day instead of the 8 ounces i was before.

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 03, 2010, 08:03:43 am »
Been eating as much as I can lately, though I've been using raw nuts as a staple source for calories mostly, mainly raw brazil nuts, which are pretty delicious and very high in calories and fat.  I've been keeping track of how much I eat a day on caloriecount.com, and one day I even ate over 3,500 calories lol.  I should gain my weight back no problem.  Been eating on demand whenever I feel hungry, rather than trying to have one or two meals a day, I just eat all day long.. and I've been pretty hungry lately, I think I'm in feast mode.  Mostly eating (all raw) beef, milk/cheese/butter, egg yolks, and nuts, unfortunately i ran out of fruit which probably would help better to gain weight with the sugar, but I guess I can try to gain muscle weight instead with the beef and eggs.  Still have the lamb, which has been sitting out pretty much in the open in my drawer, i think it's getting a bit high actually, though a little dried out.  doesn't seem to be stinking too badly, but then i also leave my window open all day to keep the smell out.  Kinda curious to try it if I get the chance, been rather busy lately though.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 03, 2010, 11:17:20 am »
Been eating as much as I can lately, though I've been using raw nuts as a staple source for calories mostly, mainly raw brazil nuts, which are pretty delicious and very high in calories and fat.  I've been keeping track of how much I eat a day on caloriecount.com, and one day I even ate over 3,500 calories lol.  I should gain my weight back no problem.  Been eating on demand whenever I feel hungry, rather than trying to have one or two meals a day, I just eat all day long.. and I've been pretty hungry lately, I think I'm in feast mode.  Mostly eating (all raw) beef, milk/cheese/butter, egg yolks, and nuts, unfortunately i ran out of fruit which probably would help better to gain weight with the sugar, but I guess I can try to gain muscle weight instead with the beef and eggs.  Still have the lamb, which has been sitting out pretty much in the open in my drawer, i think it's getting a bit high actually, though a little dried out.  doesn't seem to be stinking too badly, but then i also leave my window open all day to keep the smell out.  Kinda curious to try it if I get the chance, been rather busy lately though.
Good to hear your feeling better. Does the lamb not attract insects?
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 03, 2010, 03:49:00 pm »
Good to hear your feeling better. Does the lamb not attract insects?

No?  There's like no bugs in this house anyways, and it's upstairs here in my room in a drawer.. though I haven't really been checking it much.  It might end up being too gross for me to eat though, I'm not sure, I'll have to see.. if not, then I'll probably buy lamb more often to make high instead of beef, 'cause even slightly high(like not even really high) beef wasn't so easy to eat.  I just don't know when I'll be able to eat it, I want to take it outside to eat, so the smell doesn't stink up my room, but I think my dad's probably going to be home all day for the next few days..

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 21, 2011, 03:50:30 pm »
Wow, haven't been here in a long time.  Mostly because I haven't been doing well with my raw diet.

I seemed to have lost an appetite for my raw meat.. I don't know why.  Fruit has become more of my main source of raw food.. as well as a bit of raw milk/cheese/butter sometimes.  But, working at a pizza place, I've been giving in and eating pizza every once in a while, which I hate.  I hate that it tastes so delicious and amazing and addicting.. I want to eat it every time I smell it or see it, and it drives me crazy.  It is so absolutely delicious when I eat it, even though it makes me feel sick if I eat too much of it.  I've come to hate salt for how addicting it is.  I try as hard as I can to resist eating pizza, though.  I've gone more just organic and salt-free as much as I can, over raw. 

My main concern of all though is to be rid of my acne.  I've seemed to have gotten it under a lot better control, although it still has not gone away completely, and I think my random binges on pizza are probably mostly to blame.  I try to stay away from bread/grains as much as possible still, but it unavoidable with pizza, though I usually try to stick with the thin crust if I do ever eat it.  Meats/cheese/dairy doesn't seem to make me break out too badly even if it is cooked/pasteurized.  I still don't know exactly what it is causing my acne, because sometimes I'll go on binges of eating pizza and it doesn't seem to cause any breakouts. 

However, my diet lately seems to be consisting mostly of fruits, mainly watermelon as it seems to be the cheapest for a lot that will fill me up more and last a long time.  But I also eat pineapple, banana, mango, kiwi, apples, strawberries, green grapes, and other common fruits that are easy to eat.  These are mostly regular commercial grocery store fruits though, rather than organic which I would prefer, but it's harder to find organic fruits and they are also more expensive.  I also have been eating cooked organic free range cage free chicken eggs, which seem to be my main meal for the day, that I use to keep me full when I go to work.. usually eating about 3 - 5 eggs, scrambled and cooked on as low of heat as I can, cooked along with raw butter and raw or pasteurized cheese, and sometimes some of my soured raw milk than I can't drink straight anymore.  Then I also found at trader joe's this organic flourless sprouted grain breads.. the first brand I bought, on the ingredients list was only 7 different sprouted grains, honey, yeast, and seasalt, which I thought to be a very good ingredients list.  The other brand i forget the ingredients, but was also organic and made from sprouted grains but has no salt.  I'm not sure if sprouted grain bread is any better than bread made with flour, but I only use it to make toast (which I don't even toast that much anymore, I only put it in the toaster long enough to warm it up but not to even brown it at all) which I spread with trader joe's organic creamy unsalted peanut butter (with the only thing on the ingredients list being organic valencia dry roasted unblanched peanuts, so no salt or oils) and either blackberry jam or my raw organic honey and organic cinnamon.  I usually only eat the toast to try and get me full enough to not eat any pizza at work, but sometimes it fails.  I also sometimes eat raw uncooked cheese/milk/butter.  Other than that I sometimes binge on pizza at work or candy bars.  But I still don't drink anything at all except water or milk.

Not such a great diet, but I'm trying to improve.  I'm just glad I'm getting away from salt so much, the only salt I get anymore is from my random pizza binges, the cheese(because I have been unable to find any cheese, raw or not, that does not have salt in it), and the bread I use for toast, though I've now found an unsalted bread so that eliminates another source of salt.  But I feel like I am addicted to a drug.. worse than that, because no one thinks it's bad if you eat a bunch of salty food.  Salt is added into nearly every food, it's so hard to avoid, and so addicting and hard for me to resist.

However, lately I've been accidentally leaving the stove on when I cook my eggs, and my dad got pretty mad at me over it, and we got into a fight.  Makes me not want to use the stove anymore, so I'm going to try to eat my eggs raw again from now on, the only problem is that I can't stand raw egg whites(which is why I was cooking my eggs, I can only eat the yolks raw and I hated wasting the whites down the drain).  Even though the whites are pretty much useless, but since I haven't been eating much raw meat if at all, I was cooking my eggs so that I would have more to eat and feel more full and be less likely to crave any pizza.  But I bought a few pounds of my usual raw organic grass fed ground beef from trader joe's, and I'm hoping I can try to start eating some everyday.  I still don't eat any vegetables, raw or cooked, other than bread of you count that.. although I just bought some garlic, which I think counts as a vegetable.. but the thing I crave most on any pizza I eat is that garlic, so I'm trying to find a healthier alternative to satisfy my cravings for it to help me avoid eating the pizza.  Also read that garlic is good for curing acne, which is a plus I didn't know about until after I bought it.  But yeah, thats how its pretty much been for me lately...

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 08, 2011, 02:49:30 pm »
Still haven't been eating much meat lately, but that's because the grass-fed meat that I found that I like seems to never be in stock at my organics store anymore.  I'm trying to hold out as much as I can until they start getting it back in stock more often, if they ever do.. but it's hard, because the grass-fed ground beef that I used to get from trader joe's hasn't been tasting so good to me anymore.  I just bought a dehydrator though, and I'm going to start making beef jerky from lower quality meats to sustain me until I can get fresh grass-fed steaks.  The only problem is that the dehydrator, when assembled how it's supposed to be, reaches temperatures of up to 160 degrees F.. so I've had to modify it in a box so that the temperatures don't go over 120.  Good thing I bought a thermometer.  I still can't find a good source of grass-fed fats though, other than dairy, which I do consume a lot of.

I was able to gain most of my weight back, but then I think I must have developed an ulcer or something, because I would get a burning pain at the top of my stomach whenever I ate certain things.. and because of that, I started eating a lot less, and now I think I've lost my weight again.  Luckily though, the ulcer or whatever it was has prevented me from eating anymore pizza, because I got really sick after I ate some raw vegan cookie, and it got so bad it made me puke.. and it makes me scared to death that eating any pizza will make me puke, too.  I've also become extremely paranoid of anything containing soy or corn products, after reading about how GMO crops have been causing miscarriages in farm animals.. and infertility is one of my biggest fears.  I'm also starting to become paranoid of pesticides in the fruit I eat, so I've only been buying fruits if they're organic now.

I also started making ice cream, using raw unpasteurized cream from grass-fed cows, raw honey as my sweetener, and either raw cacao powder or organic vanilla extract for flavourings, with a bit of cinnamon.  It's pretty delicious, too, and I might even share some with my dad.. after I've finally perfected my ice cream making technique, since it's difficult making ice cream when it's so hot over here. 

Another lucky thing is that I think I may be able to convince my grandpa to start on a raw animal foods diet.. He's always been open to weird diets and foods, and I remember I used to watch him eat raw eggs when I was a little girl.  I at least convinced him to feed his new puppy on a raw meat diet, and after he's seen how much energy she's had on this diet, he's been seeming willing to try out eating a diet like hers. 

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: July 08, 2011, 07:05:06 pm »
It's Kefir, but Qephor is the brand name of the raw kefir made from colostrum with russian kefir grains I can get from organic pastures.  Dairy doesn't seem to affect me that badly.. but really, I was trying to leave out the dairy, I only added it back in recently to help with my stomach problems I was having.  Those seem to be over now though, so after I run out of this dairy I won't buy anymore.  And I bought more beef too, though.  Been eating a pound of it a day instead of the 8 ounces i was before.
I would make the kefir myself its very easy and assures thruly raw fresh kefir every day. Has helped my health so much. I dont trust any commercial kefir brands no matter what they say.

About the hard to find raw animal fats. Shouldn't be that hard to get high qaulity organic eggs right? They're a great fat source. I hear a lot of people talk about ordering from slankers aint that an option for you? Util you are able to secure a high quality animal fat source i would at least eat 1 avocado daily. It ensures some raw fat other than dairy.

Regarding acne. Make sure you dont eat carbs and fat/protein together. Helped me get completely rid of my acne even before going raw. So yeah a pizza is the worst possible thing full of fake chees(unsaterated fat) and starch. Eat yourfruits at least 1 hr before or 45 min after any animal foods.
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline zbr5

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 08, 2011, 08:14:43 pm »
Neither can I stand raw eggs, especially whites. But what I enjoy a lot is blended eggs yolks with a pint of sugar. If you blend it long enough it gets creamy consistence and ice-creamy taste. It is really delicious and nutritious.

Speaking of acne what helps me most is sun, limiting sweets intake and probably greens. However, it is a mistery for me too, even tough I spent plenty of time trying to finding out whats the reason behind it. Used to have troubles with acne in the past, but now ok and I do not even know why it improved. What troubles me know is post acne scars- they are hardly visible but very anoying because almost impossible to get rid of.

Good luck!

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 08, 2011, 09:25:26 pm »
Neither can I stand raw eggs, especially whites. But what I enjoy a lot is blended eggs yolks with a pint of sugar. If you blend it long enough it gets creamy consistence and ice-creamy taste. It is really delicious and nutritious.

Speaking of acne what helps me most is sun, limiting sweets intake and probably greens. However, it is a mistery for me too, even tough I spent plenty of time trying to finding out whats the reason behind it. Used to have troubles with acne in the past, but now ok and I do not even know why it improved. What troubles me know is post acne scars- they are hardly visible but very anoying because almost impossible to get rid of.
Good luck!
sugar with yolks sounds like the perfect acne aggravating food! Blending yolks will oxidize a lot of the fat. So your eating oxidized fat with sugar  :o I only blend eggs with milk and with short pulses on low speed so the belder doesn't suck air through it but just stirs it real quick.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 09:32:23 pm by HIT_it_RAW »
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 09, 2011, 12:30:48 am »
I would make the kefir myself its very easy and assures thruly raw fresh kefir every day. Has helped my health so much. I dont trust any commercial kefir brands no matter what they say.

About the hard to find raw animal fats. Shouldn't be that hard to get high qaulity organic eggs right? They're a great fat source. I hear a lot of people talk about ordering from slankers aint that an option for you? Util you are able to secure a high quality animal fat source i would at least eat 1 avocado daily. It ensures some raw fat other than dairy.

Regarding acne. Make sure you dont eat carbs and fat/protein together. Helped me get completely rid of my acne even before going raw. So yeah a pizza is the worst possible thing full of fake chees(unsaterated fat) and starch. Eat yourfruits at least 1 hr before or 45 min after any animal foods.

Qephor isn't a commercial brand.. It is made by the same people who sell the raw milk I buy, it is raw and organic and from grass-fed cows.  In any case, it is much too sour tasting for me, and I can't really drink it.

and like I said, I can't stand raw egg whites.  Even lately the yolks alone have been grossing me out a bit, they don't taste nearly as good, I gag when I try to swallow them, and they even made my stomach hurt.. so I haven't really been eating eggs.  Avocados are good though, I have been eating those sometimes, but not everyday unfortunately.

And I normally don't mix my foods together much.  I at least eat my fruit completely separate from my other foods.

edit:  I also avoid any refined sugars, and would not mix them with my eggs, nor would I want to blend my eggs as I heard it ruins them.

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 12, 2011, 03:54:52 am »
I haven't posted here for a while.. I want to post what I was going to say in another thread, but it was rather long winded and somewhat off-topic so I will post it here instead.

I am not Muslim.  I have always believed in God but I was raised Christian.  I was never exposed to Muslim ideas until more recently when I found out someone I have known for a long time was Muslim.  Even when Obama was being voted into office, and was being accused of being Muslim, I knew nothing of the religion, except that it was the religion that the terrorists promoted.  But now I have learned that Muslims believe in the same God that Christians believe in, and from what I have seen and learned, it seems to me that Muslims are far more devoted to God than most, if not all of the Christians that I know.  Reading about Islam I am now confused about what is true and what isn't.. so for this month of Ramadan I shall fast in the name of God, I will pray, and I will read the Bible and then the Quran to try to understand to the best of my ability, and to learn the truth.

Having been raised as a Christian woman in the modern USA, I was not raised to be very modest, especially by Islamic standards.  I was raised being told that according to the Bible one should not have sex before marriage, yet my mother was one of those who assumed that I would be like most and lose my virginity in the teenage years, and would tell me in the event of it to use protection and blah blah, never much telling me exclusively not to have sex, although saying I shouldn't.  I am grateful to the fact that I never lost my virginity however, but that had not as much to do with the way I was raised as my love for Wolves and that they mate for life.  Although I was sheltered more than most, I was not exposed to much adult content, and I covered my eyes during kissing scenes in movies until I was probably around 12.. maybe even up to 15 years old.. or at least, I would look away during kissing scenes, even if I didn't cover my eyes. 

I wish I had been raised more modestly though, that I should have been raised to cover myself more, and raised not to even desire to kiss a man before I am married to him.. for I went through a careless stage in my life and wasted my first kiss at the age of 19 to a man whom I do not love nor will probably ever see again, and I hate that I did.  Although I am still a virgin, I wish I would have saved my first kiss and other things as well, but at the time I did not think it was wrong, for I had not been raised to think so.  I was only raised to think that sex itself only was not to be done before marriage, but that everything else was okay.  I wish the world was more modest and pure, and that sex wasn't something so obligatory for men in modern times, because I only want to be with a man who is a virgin as well.  That pretty much cuts my choices down almost completely, especially the older I get. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk