Author Topic: moldy berries  (Read 15250 times)

Offline MaximilianKohler

• Warrior
    • View Profile
moldy berries
« on: August 26, 2010, 09:06:59 am »
I posted about this on rawpaleodiet & we_want_to_live yahoo groups but haven't received an answer in a few weeks :/

I'm trying to do Aajonus's moldy berry thing he had in his first book. I put blueberries into a glass jar with
lose lid and left them out on the counter, but it's been probably a month by now and they
aren't really getting moldy. A couple of them have a bit of mold but that's it. Before I read his book I had some get moldy in my fridge within a week...
They are starting to stink though and were are little worms inside. They're mainly just fermenting like grapes for wine... Are the worms ok? How
long does it normally take until they get moldy enough to put in the fridge?

Also, when I put it in the fridge in the jar with loose lid will the mold spread
in the fridge? If so will that effect other food in there and will I have to
clean out the fridge afterwords? Thanks.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: moldy berries
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 04:26:37 pm »
Well, I'm squeamish so would throw it out if it had worms in it.

I doubt the mold would spread much. I am really only familiar with high-meats and am not much of a fan of eating rotting fruit, so I don't have the experience in question.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 05:19:02 am »
I have some raspberries which I am ding the same thing but there is no worms at this point. I also haven't gotten to the point of eating worms yet.
Cheers
Al

Offline MaximilianKohler

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 01:01:15 pm »
I have some raspberries which I am ding the same thing but there is no worms at this point. I also haven't gotten to the point of eating worms yet.
How long did it take for them to get moldy? You have them in a glass jar with lose lid out on the counter??

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 10:34:18 pm »
you think the eggs were already in the blueberries and you just gave them time to hatch?
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline MaximilianKohler

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 12:59:13 am »
yeah probably... I rinsed them well tho :/

they are gone/dead now anyways, I'm just not sure if drinking this stuff now would even do what it's supposed to since they aren't getting moldy

if I email aajonus at optimal@earthlink.net would he respond?  -\

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 01:57:15 am »
Won't hurt to try.
Cheers
Al

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2010, 05:36:27 pm »
yeah probably... I rinsed them well tho :/

they are gone/dead now anyways, I'm just not sure if drinking this stuff now would even do what it's supposed to since they aren't getting moldy

if I email aajonus at optimal@earthlink.net would he respond?  -\

He might ask for your whole health history, tell you to call back at a specific time, send him that history at a certain time, price it at $60.00 and give you a form for freedom of choosing your health care practitioner as backed up by the American constitution.

Won't hurt to try.

I'm scared of trying moldy berries.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2010, 07:25:20 pm »
I think he normally charges 20 bucks for e-mail consults. I however did get a response from him once(I was complaining about the raw dairy and he suggested that I should put raw honey in it or some such nonsense. I was actually pleased, afterwards, when he stated that my then dairy-free version of the Primal Diet had nothing in common with his diet and implied that since I wasn't following his diet that that was why I was not doing well. Anyway, I then looked for a better definition and came across raw, palaeolithic diet as a concept, thanks to Vinny Pinto.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline MaximilianKohler

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2010, 03:11:14 am »
I think he normally charges 20 bucks for e-mail consults. I however did get a response from him once(I was complaining about the raw dairy and he suggested that I should put raw honey in it or some such nonsense. I was actually pleased, afterwords, when he stated that my then dairy-free version of the Primal Diet had nothing in common with his diet and implied that since I wasn't following his diet that that was why I was not doing well. Anyway, I then looked for a better definition and came across raw, paleolithic diet as a concept, thanks to Vinny Pinto.
As far as raw meat/fat diet goes, I've only heard of Aajonus and read his first book. Are there other books or articles, etc. that you would recommend?

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2010, 06:08:02 am »
    Tyler's right, Vinny Pinto was good reading too for me to start RVAF/primal diet.  I just read online.  I don't know if Vinny wrote any books.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2010, 05:28:04 pm »
As far as raw meat/fat diet goes, I've only heard of Aajonus and read his first book. Are there other books or articles, etc. that you would recommend?
There is Burger's "La Guerre du Cru", not sure if it's in English and Bruno Comby's raw-meat-eating books. But you should be reading also books by cooked-palaeodiet authors like Cordain, or better still Michael Eades and the like.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2010, 09:25:45 pm »
...... Anyway, I then looked for a better definition and came across raw, palaeolithic diet as a concept, thanks to Vinny Pinto.
Don't get me started on Vinny >:

I have to say that thanks to him I found out about AV and am now enjoying the benefits of his diet and concepts.... however... VP is probably one of the most crass seedy greedy slippery people I have had the misfortune to have observed.

If anyone gets to his site (which no doubt many will now  that I have repeated his name) he is capable of saying anything to get people to pay for his advice and products etc. His explanation for the ridiculous cost of his products is truly the slipperiest nonsense, that would make a Ginsu knife seller blush. He is truly a slippery snake-oil salesman if there ever was one. He only allows posts of those who are fawning sycophants to pass through his filter. In fact it almost seems as if he has written them himself. I have seen him make death threats on those that he dislikes and everyone has to toe his line. You never see contrary minded opinions. He sells his pseudo-useful crap on eBay etc (with stratospheric prices that he says are designed with those who are spiritually advanced enough to be ready  ;) and should there be well heeled enough to be able to afford it.  l) ;) ) with a lawyer-like lead-up that truly sounds like the swan song of a snake-oil salesman. He is truly tight full of it. :o I couldn't be bothered to check to see if he actually reeled in anyone on eBay.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 11:53:06 am by TylerDurden »
Cheers
Al

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2010, 02:18:37 am »
Vinny became very strange some years ago and the livefood yahoo group degenerated to a large extent. I don't know why he insists on such bizarre rules such as forcing everyone to post their full names in every post they make etc.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2010, 09:07:50 am »
Yeah too bad because the group had some interesting posts.
Cheers
Al

Offline MaximilianKohler

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2010, 04:52:52 am »
I tried emailing him at optimal@earthlink.net but the email box is inactive so it doesn't work. Anyone know his current email?

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2010, 04:19:09 pm »
You can join the Primal Diet group and ask there:
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/primaldiet/

To join you need to send an email to fox@hilarion.com

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2010, 05:48:15 pm »
You also need to explain that you've read Aajonus' 2 books.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2010, 07:36:15 pm »
What about mycotoxins (e.g. aflatoxins, which are very harmful) that are produced by the molds?
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2010, 02:51:18 am »
What about mycotoxins (e.g. aflatoxins, which are very harmful) that are produced by the molds?
You'd have to talk to Aajonus re that.
" Ron Paul.

Offline MaximilianKohler

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2010, 12:24:33 pm »
So I can't join if I've only read his first book? lol x_x

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2010, 05:28:25 pm »
So I can't join if I've only read his first book? lol x_x
Yes you can. Indeed, it's his 1st book that is required to be read, though they might allow someone who's only read AV's 2nd book, perhaps.
" Ron Paul.

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2010, 05:59:07 pm »
You can join even if you haven't read any book, they dont have a brain scanner at the entrance.

Of course reading the books helps you understand more of what they talk about there.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2010, 05:07:09 am »
My raspberries are a bit over a month old and doing great. I didn't put a lid on them and other than mold there is nothing else I can see in there. I eat probably a heaping TBSP per day with cream, butter, coconut and honey and then again at night. My snoring has stopped.  ;D
Cheers
Al

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2010, 06:06:31 am »
    That's great Al.  Thank you for the report.  Continued health to you. 

Could you tell me, was it obstructive sleep apnea?

You can join even if you haven't read any book, they dont have a brain scanner at the entrance.

Of course reading the books helps you understand more of what they talk about there.

Haha true. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk