Author Topic: A day in the life of TylerDurden  (Read 368846 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: A day in the life of TylerDurden
« Reply #875 on: December 27, 2012, 10:25:17 pm »
Well, forgive me, father, for I have sinned etc.-

As usual, around Christmas time, I have, mainly for social reasons,  gone way out of my usual dietary boundaries. I have eaten several different types of Christmas cakes/puddings, plus some stuffing, plus some mulled wine and champagne and the like. I have only held to eating the raw turkey and raw goose raw. Tip:- when buying fowl fattened on grain, choose goose as the red meat is way more appetising. Trouble is getting the sickly white fat off them as it is inedible raw. By contrast, I have no problem with the white fat from grassfed lamb as it tastes great. Things will go back to normal once I finish off the stuffing etc., around the New Year.

It may sound odd, but there are certain psychological reasons for  my "falling off the waggon" in this way. First of all, occasionally eating a little non-rawpalaeo does bring back memories of  what a ghastly time I had, healthwise, in pre-rawpalaeo days,  so, oddly, it acts as a booster to carry on eating raw. Indeed,  when I've done something bad or stupid, I will sometimes deliberately eat something revolting like cooked junk food(eg:- doner kebabs) as a "punishment", as I then feel bodged and overly hot etc. afterwards. Plus, I find it sometimes difficult to adapt to social situations. When one meets others, one can't always choose mineral-water and has to choose tea etc. if I'm offered biscuits, I'll eat just one or two of them, and so on. Christmas is a really difficult time to avoid eating some cooked foods. Fortunately, we UKers don't have Thanksgiving.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #876 on: December 27, 2012, 10:45:32 pm »
This season I got some cooked meat... cooked paleo.
But I draw the line at paleo.

I forgive you.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #877 on: December 28, 2012, 03:00:06 am »
I'm looking into more rawpalaeo non-dietary ideas such as cold baths and sungazing etc. I can't stand the cold baths for more than 45 minutes, and I prefer only 30 minutes, but I reckon once a day is fine. It's just that I recall a post by Lex mentioning how extra hardiness can make plants last longer.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Adora

• Chief
  • to thine own self be true ... Shakespeare
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: December 29, 2012, 05:36:14 am »
Tyler 30mins in  ice cold water is plenty. Fantastic!!! How is the rewarm after? Do you shiver violently or are you able to warm without much shivering?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 03:51:43 pm by TylerDurden »
know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

Then began I to thrive, and wisdom to get,
I grew and well I was;
Each word led me on to another word,
Each deed to another deed.
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...
Each true word and deed leads to my manifestation of the true me.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #879 on: December 29, 2012, 03:54:31 pm »
I don't notice any shivering at all. My body  seems to get used to the feeling of  cold quite quickly while in the bath, though after 30 minutes my toes may get a little numb and stiff. My limbs on the surface feel pretty cold to touch  for some time after the bath, but I'm pretty sure that, underneath, the body is pumping out lots of heat despite that, given that I don't shiver etc.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Adora

• Chief
  • to thine own self be true ... Shakespeare
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: December 30, 2012, 03:00:32 am »
The numbness and stiffness went away when I continued to expand CT, over summer it was not as cold, this winter my numb stiff extremities returned, and haven't seemed to shift away-yet. I think it is because I did frequent CT 2-5x/day last winter. Until now I was only doing 1longer shower after my warm shower in the morning.
My hair doesn't seem to turn out nice without warm water, shaving my legs is also troublesome without it. I don't think that warm is a problem. I think it is good to tone and train nerves and vessels with both. Maybe frequency is key.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 03:10:00 am by TylerDurden »
know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

Then began I to thrive, and wisdom to get,
I grew and well I was;
Each word led me on to another word,
Each deed to another deed.
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...
Each true word and deed leads to my manifestation of the true me.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #881 on: January 12, 2013, 03:29:26 am »
As I have progressed with my RPD diet I have increasingly found that I cannot tolerate cooked, processed foods as well as before. In the last c. 4 years, I have found that I must not eat more than a small amount of cooked processed foods at a time  or I will soon vomit them all out. Also, with some highly processed foods, I will find they become very hot within my body, which is a bad sign.

I can still tolerate a few cooked, processed foods like rice or spaghetti to some extent. Though I very rarely try them, these days.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #882 on: January 20, 2013, 06:39:38 am »
I am currently in a situation where I can buy half a dozen different types of raw muscle-meat from raw wild game but cannot get hold of the raw organ-meats thereof. So I have now taken to buying raw organ-meats from local supermarkets. In the region where I currently live, most cattle etc. are not as intensively farmed as in the US, so do eat some grass, but likely won't be 100% grassfed.

Tomorrow I will be eating raw spleen for the first time. For some strange reason no farmer was ever willing to provide that for me over the past decade.
" Ron Paul.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: January 21, 2013, 05:51:13 am »
I love raw spleen,
Ive been ordering buffalo spleen from slankers,
its cheap and full of bloody good flavor
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: January 21, 2013, 06:12:10 am »
I am currently in a situation where I can buy half a dozen different types of raw muscle-meat from raw wild game but cannot get hold of the raw organ-meats thereof. So I have now taken to buying raw organ-meats from local supermarkets. In the region where I currently live, most cattle etc. are not as intensively farmed as in the US, so do eat some grass, but likely won't be 100% grassfed.

Tomorrow I will be eating raw spleen for the first time. For some strange reason no farmer was ever willing to provide that for me over the past decade.

Why don't you order some grass fed organ-meat online? Whenever I go to the UK I order from Fordhall farm.
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #885 on: January 21, 2013, 06:30:58 am »
Why don't you order some grass fed organ-meat online? Whenever I go to the UK I order from Fordhall farm.
I'm not in the UK at the moment, unfortunately.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #886 on: February 02, 2013, 09:50:26 am »
I'm annoyed. I'd been trying to find  a source of raw honey, but, although they mostly have organic honey, none have had raw. I tried again recently at a local market. The first honey-stall-seller mocked my mentioning "raw" and "unpasteurised" honey when talking to his pal on the same stall, as though the very idea of  "raw" honey was illogical and absurd. Another honey-seller assured me that his honey was all raw when I mentioned that I was only looking for raw honey to make mead. I bought a little  of the latter's honey in desperation, but, in hindsight, there is no reason to believe he was telling the truth - after all, if his honey was genuinely raw, he would have labelled his jars  raw  that's for sure, as that would raise the price.

I'm annoyed by all this....
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 07:54:02 pm by TylerDurden »
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: February 02, 2013, 10:38:28 am »
I'm annoyed. I'd been trying to find  a source of raw honey, but, although they mostly have organic honey, none have had raw. I tried again recently at a local market. The first honey-stall-seller mocked my mentioning "raw" and "unpasteurised" honey when talking to his pal on the same stall, as though the very idea of  "raw" honey was illogical and absurd. Another honey-seller assured me that his honey was all raw when I mentioned that I ws only looking for raw honey to make mead. I bought a little  of the latter's honey in desperation, but, in hindsight, there is no reason to believe he was telling the truth - after all, if his honey was genuinely raw, he would have labelled his jars  raw  that for sure, as that would raise the price.

I'm annoyed by all this....

Try to get them to sell you an entire "frame", which has several pounds of honeycomb in it.  It also has pollen, propolis, and grubcomb as well, usually. That would definitely be raw.

I'm just trying to think of a good story you could give them to avoid their questions.  Maybe tell them you have a sick pet who has an illness that only fresh raw honeycomb can cure. 

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #888 on: February 02, 2013, 12:54:52 pm »
i will send you some raw honey,  assuming the parcel delivery will allow it.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #889 on: February 02, 2013, 07:59:54 pm »
i will send you some raw honey,  assuming the parcel delivery will allow it.
  Thanks for the offer, but I would far rather have another go on my own as I would feel   like a cripple if I had to depend on others for my food-supply. Besides, there's the fun in the  sheer effort of searching for the right source - sometimes it  even leads to finding other types of raw foods(just recently, for example, my raw honey search led me to find the biggest raw prawn I have ever seen, something like a foot long.
 I think CK  has a point. Like with my own  past habit of searching out farmers' markets, the key is to get to the source directly. Getting a whole "frame" might be an idea.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #890 on: March 16, 2013, 07:46:22 pm »
Well, I have been cut off from Internet for most of a week so far. I will be back  fully online hopefully on tuesday. It is really annoying that  not only are internet service providers becoming very slow indeed in fixing simple technical problems(due to deliberately not employing enough staff) but Internet cafes are disappearing all over the City. I had to search the poorest parts of town for some time before I could find one.
" Ron Paul.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: March 16, 2013, 11:15:25 pm »
are there not public libraries with internet access?  the public library is perhaps my favorite institution in the united states, they are so amazing!

also, are you fasting? do you do that often? if not what is the purpose or the cause for this fast?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #892 on: March 19, 2013, 07:12:02 pm »
are there not public libraries with internet access?  the public library is perhaps my favorite institution in the united states, they are so amazing!
Public libraries in Europe are usually quite bad with Internet access often being cut off or too slow   etc.
also, are you fasting? do you do that often? if not what is the purpose or the cause for this fast?
I used to fast a lot more  in the first 8 years of going raw. I  used to practice Intermittent Fasting (IF) a lot but could only do  the usual(1 large meal every 24 hours  eaten within a 4-hour period, plus 2-3 whole-day fasts every fortnight) not the alternate-day fasting where one has to go without food for 48 hours. Then I started backsliding in recent years, but am now indulging in IF again. There is a lot of scientific data on IF:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intermittent_fasting

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=how-intermittent-fasting-might-help-you-live-longer-healthier-life

Anyway, I always feel a bit calmer and more on the ball if I do IF. Constantly eating small meals throughout the day just makes me feel sluggish over time.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #893 on: March 29, 2013, 10:11:19 pm »
I have become somewhat lackadaisical as regards past guidelines. Very foolish of me. I intend to do more IF(one large meal a day eaten within 4 hour period every 24 hours, plus 2_5 whole-day fasts every fortnight). I also intend to do more rigorous near-100% RPD standards. Up till now, I have accepted eating a few grains or pasteurised dairy products here and there, and I am increasingly worried about epigenetic etc. effects therefrom.

Fortunately, for me, I have no come across sources of raw lamb organ-meats(tongue, kidneys, liver and heart)  and raw bone-marrow, which is nice, given that I have been denied such for 2.5 years up till now, for various reasons. Not sure re their 100% grassfed status, but, since I get raw wild game from the same source, I am certain that such raw organ-meats will at least come from only partially-grainfed animals.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #894 on: April 19, 2013, 01:21:49 pm »
I recently finally came across a source of raw tongue. Hopefully, in a few weeks when I get back  from holiday, I will be able to get hold of raw suet or raw marrow as well as the rest of the innards.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #895 on: April 30, 2013, 02:44:39 pm »
Well, I'm incommunicado for a month until 31st May, in case people want to PM me or whatever.  I may be able to check the Internet once a week for a couple of hours but that's all.
" Ron Paul.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: May 01, 2013, 04:09:28 am »
No Jocks for a whole month!

Good work
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #897 on: July 19, 2013, 09:10:28 pm »
OK? I have decided to do GS's suggestion of an e-book on the raw, palaeolithic diet. Any suggestions welcome!

For the moment, I have  designated certain chapters to:-  the logic/common-sense of raw foodism/introduction; the harm done by cooking(the longest chapter); the history of raw foodism(weston-price etc.); tips on where to locate high quality raw foods. Not sure what other chapters I need to also include.
" Ron Paul.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: July 19, 2013, 10:43:40 pm »
Right after history, how about "Implementation of Raw Foodism in the Modern World" to discuss the continuum of styles, from HG/caveman style to modern recipes sans cooking?
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: July 19, 2013, 11:52:50 pm »
A good book in this diet realm usually has some life stories that are interesting. Even if they barely seem relevant to the food. People will continue reading through something entertaining, and people give up on textbook style.

By all means you should include the facts, alongside the stories.

I think people are turned off by the idea of having great recipes they love the taste of and not being able to eat them anymore. For example, I love Mexican food. Simply by using sea salt and raw dried Chile ground up with some lime and cilantro, you have a raw Mexican meat right there. But people don't think of using higher quality ingredients to do their own thing. A 'recipe' section or principles behind dish creation section would be welcome, imo.

Living a raw lifestyle, including things about food storage, food prep, high meat, eating out, finding roadkill, eating wild animals, foraging wild food, etc. But that may just be what eve suggested.

Personally, I have found all the stickies here to be packed full of awesome need to know stuff, search those and see what you can consolidate.
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk