Author Topic: A day in the life of TylerDurden  (Read 368935 times)

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: A day in the life of TylerDurden
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2009, 01:09:02 am »
2) I've been experimenting off and on with the Bates Method and have experienced only very minor but definite results(what Bates Teachers call "flashes")
I've been experimenting with the Bates Method for several years and when I've done it regularly every day - usually palming and sunning - I've experienced definite results, including small improvement of eyesight
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2009, 01:45:52 am »
I've just found out that dr ron's now refuses to ship their products to the UK as UK customs apparently have seized several shipments(and destroyed them). This annoys me greatly as I'll have to use another country to get around this issue.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 05:04:40 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2009, 04:38:15 am »
I have 4 grass-fed bison thyroids coming later this week.  I'll think of you when I eat them.   >D  LOL 

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2009, 01:35:17 am »
Well, I'm off to Italy in July so there are unlikely to be any posts here for some time.

What I usually eat in Italy(all raw):- lots and lots of wonderfully-tasting grassfed horsemeat, ox tongue(at least partially grainfed, unfortunately),  swordfish, multiple types of  fruit(from my own garden!), samphire, grassfed beef suet(taken with me from the UK), tuna(hate taste but options are limited), grassfed organic chicken eggs(very substandard being fed on grains) - as for the rest we'll see, but it'll be mostly raw horsemeat and fruit from my garden.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2009, 08:31:34 pm »
Just checked my allexperts.com entry. It seems I'm now the top guy in the special diets section with well over 400 questions with various other carb or raw plant experts all registering 80-odd questions or much less. The few other long-timers have long since left that section to do other things.  Anyway, I just find it amusing that such an obscure field as raw meat diets now gets more prominence in a website as public as allexperts.com , within the field of unusual diets, than any other kind of diet, whether raw vegan , low carb or otherwise.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2009, 05:01:46 pm »
Before I left for Italy I made the mistake of arguing with some pro-cooked-food advocates on the palaeodiet list. Of course, I should have realised that it was a cooked palaeo list but naturally I blindly went ahead with comments re the multitude of
 studies damning cooked meats being quite reasonable. I was rather amused by the attacks on me for being "religious" while they just (religiously)
 ignored the evidence I gave and just gave idiotic largely unsubstantiated comments about the supposed  harm of carbs and pufas being the "real reason" for the harm done by cooked meats. I decided to stop with the discussion as I was leaving for Italy and was, after all, arguing on a largely non-raw list. But it was amusing nevertheless to come across such stupid, obviously untrue claims such as that the population in the palaeolithic was greater than in the Neolithic era etc.

What I find so amusing about the apologists for cooked low-carb/ cooked zero-diets is that their gurus are either decrepit-looking for their age(eg:- barry groves) or dead(dr atkins died ignominiously of a heart-attack  in recent years after claiming that cooked low carb protected the heart, Stefansson died of a stroke at 83, the WAPF-oriented stephen byrnes died at the tender age of 41 etc.) They really have an uphill struggle to prove their point.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 05:53:52 am by TylerDurden »
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2009, 05:51:00 pm »
Just checked my allexperts.com entry. It seems I'm now the top guy in the special diets section with well over 400 questions with various other carb or raw plant experts all registering 80-odd questions or much less. The few other long-timers have long since left that section to do other things.  Anyway, I just find it amusing that such an obscure field as raw meat diets now gets more prominence in a website as public as allexperts.com , within the field of unusual diets, than any other kind of diet, whether raw vegan , low carb or otherwise.

People are sick.
They are looking for solutions.
Raw Paleo helps a lot.
You are doing the world a big favor.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2009, 08:53:45 pm »

Stefansson was only zero carb for 10 years and 83 ain't that bad. Charles looks good but he's only real problem was weight which is a minor condition.

Looks are not a great measure of someones diet...I think someones mothers/fathers/grandparents diet is equally if not more important than what you start eating once your allowed to make your own choices.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2009, 06:43:30 am »
Before I left for Italy I made the mistake of arguing with some pro-cooked-food advocates on the palaeodiet list. Of course, I should have realised that it was a cooked palaeo list but naturally I blindly went ahead with comments re the multitude of
 studies damning cooked meats being quite reasonable. I was rather amused by the attacks on me for being "religious" while they just (religiously)
 ignored the evidence I gave and just gave idiotic largely unsubstantiated comments about the supposed  harm of carbs and pufas be3ing the "real reason" for the harm done by cooked meats. I decided to stop with the discussion as I was leaving for Italy and was, after all, arguing on a largely non-raw list.

I see you've been taking notes from my forays on hatrack.com.  LOL

"Forge ahead!  There's only 7 dozen of them!  Surely I can argue them into silence!"  LOL

Offline invisible

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2009, 12:09:18 pm »
I doubt their claims were unsubstantiated since every study (it probably is almost 100% of them...really) that puts people on cooked low carb diets, i.e. removing carbs improves the person's health. Uncontrolled observational studies full of enormous variables are all that exist (anything else?) against cooked meat being the biggest problem in peoples diets. Raw is a universal improvement, but the macro composition is of course important.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 12:16:48 pm by invisible »

Offline invisible

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2009, 12:24:36 pm »

Looks are not a great measure of someones diet...I think someones mothers/fathers/grandparents diet is equally if not more important than what you start eating once your allowed to make your own choices.

I think looks are important and can measure people's diets, but within reason. Though better than high carb crap, those gurus don't follow the best diet (cooking, grain-fed) so it will show.

Another thing is that much of looks are developed in youth and is irreversible even by changing diet. such as bone structure, nose and ear shape and perhaps some gene expression related to aging.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2009, 03:24:05 pm »
I doubt their claims were unsubstantiated since every study (it probably is almost 100% of them...really) that puts people on cooked low carb diets, i.e. removing carbs improves the person's health. Uncontrolled observational studies full of enormous variables are all that exist (anything else?) against cooked meat being the biggest problem in peoples diets. Raw is a universal improvement, but the macro composition is of course important.

Unfortunately, those studies damning the consumption of cooked meat are not all just uncontrolled mass observation studies.A number of such studies focus on the fact that cooked meat has a much higher (heat-created) toxin load than cooked carbs.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2009, 04:03:30 am »
I think looks are important and can measure people's diets, but within reason. Though better than high carb crap, those gurus don't follow the best diet (cooking, grain-fed) so it will show.

Another thing is that much of looks are developed in youth and is irreversible even by changing diet. such as bone structure, nose and ear shape and perhaps some gene expression related to aging.

I think aspects of looks like skin, fingernails and eyes show health very well. Also relative lean to fat body mass, the tone of your muscles, stuff like that.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2009, 09:48:08 pm »
Well I'm back from abroad but still relaxing(sort of). I ate a ton of fruit(and even salad) along with the usual horsemeat as the local raw seafood there is ridiculously expensive(38 euros for a kilo of swordfish for example at the fish-market, 58 euros for a kilo of prawns). I had some raw limpets from the shore as well plus grapes and lemons and (rather bitter) mandarine/clementine varieties.

I don't do badly on large numbers of fruit (or even salad) so don't mind binging on them when I'm surrounded by other RAFers, though I admit that much of the produce(other than what's found in my garden) is nowhere near as good as organic fruit.

*I've been thinking again how my place in Italy is the perfect meetup for European RAFers. It's right next to the french riviera being only  an hour's drive from Nice, there's 20 beds(maybe 22) and a huge garden and access to the beach. A perfect location. Well, I suppose I'd have to wait until the European  RAF contingent becomes large enough.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2009, 10:20:49 pm »
You can host the first raw paleo bed and breakfast inn.  ;D
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2009, 11:39:05 pm »
That place sounds beautiful. I would consider traveling there if I had the means when you set up a meetup.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2009, 12:01:43 am »
The picture in my avatar is of the garden below the italian villa.

There are of course multiple catches. The place is time-shared , a full month at a time shared between 3 families, so I only get the month of august every 3 years(such as next year, this year I got July) and I assume that august is what most people would prefer. (Actually,  I find Augusts there to be far too hot but anyway.....

Other catches involve people probably having to bring some food with them or having to share the hire of  a car to get to Menton markets(No market for grassfed beef in those areas, it's either (expensive) seafood or horsemeat, really. I think the horsemeat is OK as the taste is far better than the partially grainfed beef, but I can't guarantee they haven't been fed some oats or whatever.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 12:09:10 am by TylerDurden »
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2009, 12:01:52 am »
That place sounds beautiful. I would consider traveling there if I had the means when you set up a meetup.

Yes, it's very pretty and very well situated re Monte Carlo /Nice or the Italian Ligurian mountains or whatever. To be honest, though, it may take a decade before any such gathering can take place as only a fraction of potential members , given the relative lack of European RAFers right now so you'll have better luck trying an American meetup first(I know there's numerous primal potlucks going on in the USA at any time).

I only mention my villa because it's only an hour's drive from Nice airport(2 hours by bus/train) and flights to Nice are many and usually very cheap from most places in Europe. Plus, so many people in Europe visit the area anyway on summer holidays that it's a convenient place to be for a time.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 12:10:25 am by TylerDurden »
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 01, 2009, 04:40:35 am »
Paleo potlucks in the US?  Maybe on the West Coast.  Have you heard of any on the East Coast?  I'd love to find one within a few hours drive of me.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2009, 05:34:29 am »
I learned quite a lot while reading this  interesting thread. Thanks Tyler and others ! The following comments come to my mind.

Plus, a lot of people do very badly on zero-carb, raw or otherwise, judging from reports of RPDers. I'm not the only one. Though, I'll grant that the overwhelming majority of people do better on raw,low-carb(<35%) than raw, high-carb(like Instincto)(80%+ raw plant-foods).

There’s no such thing as percentage of carbs – protein – animal food – plant food in instincto. Everyone is different and of course we also change with time; therefore our % intake of  different foodstuff varies over time. Many people eating “instincto” consume a lot of meat, oyster, eggs, fish. Personally it’s almost everyday in quite big quantities. When we like some particular food we may eat a staggering  amount of it in a single meal  or during several consecutive meals –  by the way just like wild animals. Since our choice of food is instinctive, it may well be 100 % RAF for a while, or on the opposite100 % plants for a few days. That’s the way to fulfill our personally specific, transient and ever-changing  body needs.

As regards the cooked-food-issue, I've heard claims that detox can be stopped if one readds enough cooked-foods(c.50% of diet?) - the Aajonus interpretation of that would be that that large an amount of cooked-foods overwhelms the body thus diverting the toxins into the fat-cells instead of them being expelled.

Interesting. It's at least plausible. It might be similar to how I didn't notice that gluten was doing a number on me because I was eating it so regularly that my body was constantly overwhelmed, resulting in a very gradual increase in chronic symptoms rather than a violent detox- or allergic-type reaction. It was only when I stopped eating gluten completely for over 3 weeks that my systems calmed down enough that a gluten challenge resulted in severe symptoms.

Yes, that’s almost exactly what has been verified in instincto experiments and theorized by GC Burger – in late 60s or perhaps early 70s ! ;) 

I'm saying that adaptation to a healthy (raw)food should really  take only a few months(barring serious digestion-related issues like a seriously damaged liver/pancreas etc.) I can only base this on mine and others experience, of course(I took 8 months longer than most  because of the raw dairy, but that was because I was hyper-allergic to it, and it took that long for me to find that out). Most, on the other hand, find it only takes weeks or a couple of months to adjust(if they go 95%+ raw; as a result, it's usually recommended to go 85%+ raw to ensure rapid adaptation to raw.

We should recognize two distinct phenomenon : genetic adaptation and habituation. There’s no delay in genetic adaptation to paleo raw food: adaptation has been thoroughly perfected during millions of years of evolution and is still  there in the genes of each of us. Thus we can jump to 100 % raw paleo food straight away if we want. That’s what I did 22 years ago and never regretted.

Habituation to grain, dairy and cooked food is why most people feel OK for years with a SAD (what about Standard European Diet ?  ;)). Grain, dairy and cooked food are kind of drugs : by eating it 3 or more times a day results in the body tolerating it and avoiding any  defense reactions since it would be permanent and thus impracticable.

After a few days (normally about a week) of instinctive paleo nutrition, the body gets out of tolerance and apparently starts to eliminate the garbage previously introduced with cooked food, grain and dairy. This “detox” may be somewhat uncomfortable for a while but it’s been found out that the best way to control it is to stick to 100 % instinctive raw paleo food: any small intake of cooked food is bound to exacerbate  the detox. 

Cheers
Francois
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2009, 06:32:14 am »
There’s no such thing as percentage of carbs – protein – animal food – plant food in instincto. Everyone is different and of course we also change with time; therefore our % intake of  different foodstuff varies over time. Many people eating “instincto” consume a lot of meat, oyster, eggs, fish. Personally it’s almost everyday in quite big quantities. When we like some particular food we may eat a staggering  amount of it in a single meal  or during several consecutive meals –  by the way just like wild animals. Since our choice of food is instinctive, it may well be 100 % RAF for a while, or on the opposite100 % plants for a few days. That’s the way to fulfill our personally specific, transient and ever-changing  body needs.

Nice clear definition of instincto.  Maybe I'm on raw paleo but I respect my body instincts and cravings. Lately I've been craving a lot more meat and more fat.  Especially in the mornings instead of my usual fruit.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2009, 07:36:25 pm »
Paleo potlucks in the US?  Maybe on the West Coast.  Have you heard of any on the East Coast?  I'd love to find one within a few hours drive of me.

I've heard of New York Primal Potlucks being held from time to time. The key is to subscribe to aajonus's e-mails , go to one of his workshops when they appear near your State,  and then ask around to find those holding regular primal potlucks in their local areas.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 01, 2009, 08:47:49 pm »

I don't do badly on large numbers of fruit (or even salad) so don't mind binging on them when I'm surrounded by other RAFers, though I admit that much of the produce(other than what's found in my garden) is nowhere near as good as organic fruit.

What do you mean by doing well on binging fruit and salad? If you eat one meal a day of meat and fat normally (and perhaps a little fruit) and binging on fruit and salad must have some affect on the system that is different to meat and fat. If you compare the two what feels better - gas, bloat, poo, urine, hunger, energy, mental health, sleep...

I don't like the word binging - the body and mind have to deal with it and binging does not result in healthy digestion!

Nicola

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #73 on: August 01, 2009, 09:15:35 pm »
Like I said, when I do binge on fruit etc., I don't experience the kind of issues you refer to. Perhaps if I went 100% fruitarian it might be different, but eating even 50% fruit or whatever doesn't harm me.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #74 on: August 07, 2009, 05:13:51 pm »
I came across yet more studies focusing on the benefits of Intermittent Fasting. One of the claims re AGEs and other heat-created toxins is that the levels thereof in the body can be reduced considerably via eating less/fasting. I begin to wonder if some(not all) of the benefits of Intermittent Fasting/caloric restriction may be mainly due, simply, to reducing the intake of cooked-foods rather than reducing intake of all foods, cooked or raw. That said, I still think IF has its uses, but perhaps more so for cooked-dieters.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk