Author Topic: A day in the life of TylerDurden  (Read 368960 times)

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: A day in the life of TylerDurden
« Reply #650 on: February 13, 2011, 01:35:26 pm »
Some people say that supermarket meat is better cooked than raw, because the bad bacteria are killed.
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #651 on: February 13, 2011, 05:27:16 pm »
Some people say that supermarket meat is better cooked than raw, because the bad bacteria are killed.

Not a good claim. I have even heard of some RVAFers who claimed they improved their health on raw, grainfed meats simply because they weren't taking in the usual daily load of heat-created toxins via cooking. Granted,  raw meat fed on grains contains some AGEs due to the unhealthy diet, but it seems to have much less of an effect  than when it is cooked.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 06:35:15 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: February 14, 2011, 04:19:43 pm »

This could be a wise decision. I will never touch any supermarket meat any more. I got seriously ill from it in the past. But if I had to eat such meat again I would cook it. The bad bacteria in meat from sick animals can be much more dangerous than some toxins from cooking.

Löwenherz

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #653 on: February 14, 2011, 11:34:22 pm »
I just had a lunch with some relatives over the last weekend. I had butterfish ceviche while they ate Viennese cakes and cooked pork in cheese sauce. I tried to mention my own rawpalaeodiet, as several of the older relatives seem to be having trouble with type 2 diabetes and the like, and I like discussing it once in a while.  1 of them then enthusiastically told me of her interest in the Breatharian Diet - I have to admit I was a bit stunned by this, but she tends to flit from one idea to the next, so it is unlikely to be aserious interest. An in-law assured me that cooked food was essential and that one only needed "mind over matter", not diet, in order to be healthy - well, partially true, but without a healthy raw diet, a positive mindset will only work a little bit as regards health. I pointed out PP's past point about  length of time not remotely proving that adaptation has occurred(re giant pandas example), and so on.Not sure any of them will take my advice, but I did slip in some details about Intermittent Fasting and ways to reduce the creation of heat-created toxins when one is cooking, and maybe they will respond to that. I made sure not to preach/convert, just give them some options, nothing more.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #654 on: February 17, 2011, 01:16:56 am »
I am now doing "high-meat" currently, and am, unusually, using raw wild game(raw wild boar) instead of raw, grassfed meats as a base.  I have also, after being told by fools that raw wild game was too scarce in this area, found a source of cheapish raw wild moufflon which I will taste for the very first time after I go food-shopping on the weekend.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #655 on: February 20, 2011, 06:54:22 am »
I am currently hoping to get rid of some "cooking salt/preservatives" used in my raw wild game, when I order. Hope it works.

Want to say something re the notion of "mind-over-matter"-  that only works for hypochondriacs;  for those others who have multiple-issues due to innumerable health-problems, such advice is absolutely meaningless.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 04:47:50 am by TylerDurden »
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #656 on: February 23, 2011, 04:52:01 am »
Well, the moufflon turned out to be way too expensive. The trouble is that, over here, they appreciate raw wild game, so they have 7 different prices for 7 different kinds of raw wild steak, such as "fillet", "rump" etc., so there was a misunderstanding. I will have to pre-order so as to ensure I get only the cheapest cuts as I don't care about the negligible difference in taste between raw fillet steak and raw stewing steak etc.

At any rate, I have gotten rid of the cooking salt-impregnated raw meats. And I now find I can get hold of raw wild hare blood on its own(by the pint?).
" Ron Paul.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #657 on: February 23, 2011, 05:12:46 am »
I will have to pre-order so as to ensure I get only the cheapest cuts as I don't care about the negligible difference in taste between raw fillet steak and raw stewing steak etc.

At any rate, I have gotten rid of the cooking salt-impregnated raw meats. And I now find I can get hold of raw wild hare blood on its own(by the pint?).

Do you drink it right away?  If not, how long does it take to change?  Is there a stage you don't consume it anymore? Is fermented wild hare blood good to consume in some capacity in your experience or to your knowledge?  
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #658 on: February 23, 2011, 05:17:13 am »
    Do you drink it right away?  If not, how long does it take to change?  Is there a stage you don't consume it anymore? Is fermented wild hare blood good to consume in some capacity in your experience or to your knowledge? 
Oh, I just usually drink my raw wild hare blood as soon as I buy a carcass, so it's very fresh. Never tried it fermented. Besides, I love the fresh taste.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #659 on: February 25, 2011, 06:14:33 am »
Well, I have just had a few days getting a sore throat and runny nose. I got infected from a SAD-eating acquaintance. Goes to show that AV's notions re disease are bogus - admittedly, though, I have only had 2 such episodes, 1 flu and 1 sore throat, in the last 7 years or so. I had far more such episodes pre-rawpalaeodiet.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: February 25, 2011, 06:37:43 am »
Interesting, so that does show that regardless of how healthy the diet, and even if one's susceptibility to infection is reduced as a result, one can still get infections.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #661 on: February 25, 2011, 06:57:18 am »
Well, I have just had a few days getting a sore throat and runny nose. I got infected from a SAD-eating acquaintance. Goes to show that AV's notions re disease are bogus - admittedly, though, I have only had 2 such episodes, 1 flu and 1 sore throat, in the last 7 years or so. I had far more such episodes pre-rawpalaeodiet.

I have yet to experience this in 3 short years of raw paleo diet.
I have gotten colds from polluted air.

Thanks for the report!
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: February 25, 2011, 02:54:59 pm »
one can still get infections.
Yeah and I consider them as something good.
Infectious diseases are a huge weapon againsts all sorts of real diseases such as cancer.
I've got ones from time to time and go through them in natural way.
People who do not get any infections are more likely to die from some serious lethal disease.
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: February 25, 2011, 03:36:40 pm »
Infectious diseases are a huge weapon againsts all sorts of real diseases such as cancer.
I've got ones from time to time and go through them in natural way.
People who do not get any infections are more likely to die from some serious lethal disease.

Totally agree. We don't get infections from wounds but we can get infectious diseases. They are beneficial since their function is to eliminate toxins and they remain mild and bearable under a raw paleo nutrition.

I have gotten colds from polluted air.

I have gotten a few very strong ones in the tropics when I ate cooked food. It was not due to air pollution nor to cold weather.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #664 on: February 26, 2011, 04:01:05 pm »
One of the many things that keeps me on a raw, palaeolithic diet most of the time is that sometimes after I eat some cooked food, my resulting stools afterwards will no longer be relatively solid - not a pleasant experience.
" Ron Paul.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: February 26, 2011, 05:00:02 pm »
Keep those stools solid! thanks for sharing
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #666 on: February 26, 2011, 05:31:19 pm »
 -[ -[
" Ron Paul.

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: February 26, 2011, 06:35:06 pm »

I don't think so. I haven't got sick for years. And I'm constantly around sick people.. I once shared a car ride with a person that had the swine flu and I didn't catch it.
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: February 26, 2011, 09:46:18 pm »
I see, and if you die from the infection does that mean it cured you of life? ;)

I don't think so. I haven't got sick for years. ....
You don't think so what--do you think Tyler is wrong about his having gotten an infection?

Keep those stools solid! thanks for sharing
:o ;D
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 09:52:16 pm by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: February 26, 2011, 09:50:40 pm »
I see, and if you die from the infection does that mean it cured you of life? ;)
You don't think so what--do you think Tyler is wrong about his having gotten an infection?

I don't think AV's notions re disease are bogus.
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: February 26, 2011, 09:52:40 pm »
That wasn't the question. Are you saying that you don't think that Tyler got an infection? Since AV acknowledges that Primal dieters get infections (and thinks they are good things), then he wouldn't necessarily disagree with Tyler on that, would he?

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: February 26, 2011, 10:51:20 pm »
:o ;D

You can die from an infectious disease if you eat neolithic and processed, cooked food. We have more than 40 years of experience with hundred of people showing that we can get infectious diseases when under instinctive-raw-paleo-nutrition, but it never evolves in a dangerous way. I had a few in my 24 years experience but it was so mild and well controlled that I never had to take any drugs nor stop working.  

Well, I see that I already said that:
The bacterial and viral “infections” remain perfectly controlled, benign and safe under raw paleo instinctive nutrition. They runaway and become dangerous or even fatal only if the intake of cooked and Neolithic food continues. This is a fact that has been verified thousands of times and that I’ve been able to verify myself a lot of times during a 24 years period.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 11:00:20 pm by Iguana »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: February 26, 2011, 11:16:57 pm »
You can die from an infectious disease if you eat neolithic and processed, cooked food. We have more than 40 years of experience with hundred of people showing that we can get infectious diseases when under instinctive-raw-paleo-nutrition, but it never evolves in a dangerous way. I had a few in my 24 years experience but it was so mild and well controlled that I never had to take any drugs nor stop working.  
So then you are saying that someone who eats raw Paleo or Instincto can never get seriously ill or die from an infection at any age, yes? This would presumably be true for all species of animals in the wild too, not just humans, yes? How thoroughly raw Paleo or Instincto does one need to be for this to be the case, 80%, 90%, 99%, 100%?

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: February 26, 2011, 11:31:57 pm »
You can 'never' be 100% raw paleo instincto though anyway since there's always pollution.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: February 27, 2011, 12:22:36 am »
So then you are saying that someone who eats raw Paleo or Instincto can never get seriously ill or die from an infection at any age, yes? This would presumably be true for all species of animals in the wild too, not just humans, yes? How thoroughly raw Paleo or Instincto does one need to be for this to be the case, 80%, 90%, 99%, 100%?

That’s what our experience shows but we don’t have any with very old people, say more than 100 years old. We can infer that no one having a proper nutrition should die from an infection, but die from other causes. It seems animals in the wild may die from infection only when there’s an imbalance in their diet due to human environmental interference and/or confinement to a specific area.

Eating 100% raw paleo unprocessed food will do, 99% probably as well. But at least during an infectious disease, it should be 100% raw and instinctive. 

You can 'never' be 100% raw paleo instincto though anyway since there's always pollution.

We don’t pretend to avoid pollution. When I say 100% raw paleo, I don’t mean to avoid all plant stuff grown with fertilizers and pesticides.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk