Author Topic: A day in the life of TylerDurden  (Read 368954 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: A day in the life of TylerDurden
« Reply #725 on: July 01, 2011, 08:06:48 pm »
I don't like the idea of insects getting to it, which is why I used plastic boxes. Maybe in a decade or so, I will start getting used to live maggots in my meat but not yet...
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: July 01, 2011, 08:22:06 pm »
Plastic? WTH ??? Aren't you concerned about botulism? I've never seen maggots on any of the traditional high meat shown in TV shows, so I'm not sure whether that's a real concern or not with traditional methods. It's an interesting question.

The WAPF showed a photo of "Shark stomachs containing shark livers from Tahiti, hanging in the trees to ferment." http://www.westonaprice.org/cod-liver-oil/1602-update-on-cod-liver-oil-manufacture Again the animal itself is used to contain the food, not plastic, metal or other modern material. Glass is the only modern material I know of that seems relatively safe and is used by Aajonus, but even with glass you're supposed to air it out every couple days or so. I don't see maggots or even flies on those shark stomachs, but I don't know why that would be.

Thanks for the tip Hit it Raw. I may have seen that Ray Mears program, but I'm not recalling the details, so I'll search for it again.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: July 01, 2011, 08:23:20 pm »
Plastic? I would never way to scared for solvent from the plastic leaching in my food. Underground there are no flies so no maggots either. How about using glass jars with cloth? allows for the necessary breathing without flies getting to it.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 09:33:58 pm by TylerDurden »
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline whatever

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: July 01, 2011, 08:34:08 pm »
I wish there was more detailed info on this process.

See the BBC series "the human planet" in one of the episodes they show how it's done.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 09:35:19 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: July 01, 2011, 09:23:50 pm »
I've seen videos of the process too. They didn't discuss maggots, so I don't think flies can get at the meat under even the rocks much less the dirt, and I'm guessing it's not an issue with the oil in the shark stomachs because the flies can't get at the oil, but it might be unappealing to people to have flies on the stomachs, though I don't see any in the photo.

We should probably have a sticky thread to put all the high meat videos into--those of the Inuit, Chukchi, Aajonus, etc.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #730 on: July 01, 2011, 09:35:51 pm »
Well, maybe next time I'll try the glass and cloth idea.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: July 01, 2011, 09:45:43 pm »
All the high meat videos I've seen have been in cold lands (Inuit and Chukchi lands) except the oil in shark stomachs in Tahiti, so I wonder if the ground would be cold enough in temperate lands during the summer?

Offline blimpie

• Egg Thief
  • Watch out! It's the evil military!
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: July 02, 2011, 05:50:10 am »
My friend made high beef and bison out of the fridge in glass with tight lids. It's been going for well over 1 year, and he's too lazy to even air it once a week. So he claims at the most he airs it once a month! ugghh, but he eats it and shares it with other locals and they seem to not by dropping like flies. Apparently when it comes to raw red meats, you can get away murder, pun intended. He even was saying that it had no smell, it was so old. Yet, we were with Aajonus in his living room, he opens the jar again saying it's so fermented it doesn't smell at all, and Aajonus is like "Wheeeww! That smells! I can smell it from across the room!" lol  ;D
Some people would say I'm full of hot air.

"I find cooking wastes so much of my time, though." Geoff Purcell

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: July 02, 2011, 07:46:05 am »
That's pretty much been my experience as well. After close to a year the smell was greatly lessened and the taste was not nearly as strong. This reportedly happens with stinky cheese too. I'm pretty lazy too, so I probably only air my high meat out 2 or 3 times a month, but I'm not recommending that to anyone, as there's so little known about high meat. Mine is well over 2 years old now and nearly all liquid. Those little bacteria have been digesting it thoroughly. I don't even bother to take it outside any more when I air it out. My high meat never stunk up the house for 3 days like Aajonus reports, but maybe Aajonus has a very sensitive nose or maybe I just enjoy the smell now?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 01:26:06 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #734 on: July 15, 2011, 03:29:38 pm »
I am considering the eventual idea of selling some processed foods at various markets at weekends, things like cakes or pastry from foreign lands. I suppose it sounds a bit hypocritical, given my diet, but I have no problem with helping  people to become less healthy, if that's what they want.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: July 15, 2011, 04:24:19 pm »
I am considering the eventual idea of selling some processed foods at various markets at weekends, things like cakes or pastry from foreign lands. I suppose it sounds a bit hypocritical, given my diet, but I have no problem with helping  people to become less healthy, if that's what they want.

??? -d

Inger

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #736 on: July 15, 2011, 05:27:07 pm »
??? -d

Inger
  Well, I don't see any problem with me having a bit of Schadenfreude towards cooked-foodists, making them unhealthier. Eric Frank Russell, the science fiction writer, once stated, famously, in an SF story, that "everyone has the right to go to hell in their own way". I agree with that notion, especially if it makes me a profit. You see, in the UK, these products are virtually unobtainable, so I might make a lot of cash out of it....
" Ron Paul.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: July 16, 2011, 08:06:18 am »
As we say here, "It's a free country!"
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: July 16, 2011, 12:43:29 pm »
so I might make a lot of cash out of it....
I would do the same if I were you.
It's very pragmatic - make a lot of cash (the way we do it is not important) and have a decent life
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: July 16, 2011, 10:12:49 pm »
  Well, I don't see any problem with me having a bit of Schadenfreude towards cooked-foodists, making them unhealthier. Eric Frank Russell, the science fiction writer, once stated, famously, in an SF story, that "everyone has the right to go to hell in their own way". I agree with that notion, especially if it makes me a profit. You see, in the UK, these products are virtually unobtainable, so I might make a lot of cash out of it....

I wouldn't blame you if you do that because they eat cooked, neolithic and modern food anyway, so it wouldn't harm them any more than the other stuff they commonly eat.

It's very pragmatic - make a lot of cash (the way we do it is not important) and have a decent life

I disagree; I think it’s important. Cheating or robbing an old woman, selling nuclear power plants to Libya, Syria, Nigeria or to any unstable country, taking bribes to discretely dump nuclear waste in the Indian Ocean, selling grenades and bombs to criminals and terrorists, commercializing pesticides or killing the postman to rob the money he carries are things none of us would do – at least I hope!
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #740 on: July 16, 2011, 11:55:59 pm »

It's business.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: July 17, 2011, 12:58:45 am »
It's business.

And you don't cheat them, they know that what you sell is cooked. It's not like selling some heated food as raw or grain and garbage fed meat as grass fed!
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: July 17, 2011, 03:16:10 am »
I disagree; I think it’s important. Cheating or robbing an old woman, selling nuclear power plants to Libya, Syria, Nigeria or to any unstable country, taking bribes to discretely dump nuclear waste in the Indian Ocean, selling grenades and bombs to criminals and terrorists, commercializing pesticides or killing the postman to rob the money he carries are things none of us would do – at least I hope!
Of course, I wouldn't do these kinds of things.
I meant something else.
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: July 17, 2011, 06:35:58 pm »
I make money from uneducated public hysteria.

“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline zbr5

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: July 18, 2011, 02:21:05 am »
Sounds good Wodgina :)...what do you do?

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: July 18, 2011, 04:00:33 pm »

Really?

That sounds very negative.

Why are you going to sell junk food? For money?

Löwenherz

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #746 on: July 18, 2011, 04:09:08 pm »
Really?

That sounds very negative.

Why are you going to sell junk food? For money?

Löwenherz

Extra money would be nice. I want to afford the best re computer equipment, for example, no matter how expensive. Anyway, I am not talking about junk food like candy-floss, chcocolate or whatever, I am referring to higher quality foods like Viennese cakes etc.
" Ron Paul.

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: July 18, 2011, 06:59:56 pm »
I am referring to higher quality foods like Viennese cakes etc.
You call that high quality foods?? If you would be selling sturdy home cooked paleo food (like venison, wild boar etc) then i would agree but cakes? i don't get that!

I do agree though that it is not necessary hypocrite to sell cooked foods. You are just providing a need like any businessman.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 07:05:14 pm by TylerDurden »
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #748 on: July 18, 2011, 07:07:43 pm »
I mean high quality by the viewpoint of cooked foodists of course, sort of semi-weston-price, perhaps organic ingredients, though pasteurised dairy rather than raw dairy. Viennese cakes, for example, are far better than the dried-out highly processed crap sold in UK bakeries etc.

There are gradients to everything:- real ale may not be rawpalaeo but it's way healthier than lager or other beers.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: July 18, 2011, 09:02:27 pm »
People hate those that try and show them something good and love those that give them short term pleasure or relief. You can lead a horse to water, but if you want a decent life you can't be trying to make it drink all the time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk