Author Topic: What rawpalaeo foods are you eating right now?  (Read 530296 times)

Offline Aura

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: What rawpalaeo foods are you eating right now?
« Reply #1250 on: October 19, 2013, 06:42:18 pm »
I also heard they can stick to your throat. Another thing I heard was if you squeeze the grasshopper from the middle to the back as you hold its wings you can squeeze the poop out of it.

Yes, true.

Offline Aura

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: October 19, 2013, 06:48:02 pm »
Yes, some are pretty big but have not yet eaten them.
Ate a bunch of gastropods yest at the ocean.
Some of them were tasting hot and spicy and stained my fingers violet.

Offline Aura

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: October 20, 2013, 04:39:21 am »
Just finished eating wild fish brain.
Delicious!

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: October 27, 2013, 10:31:13 am »
pastured pork belly!

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: February 08, 2014, 04:01:36 am »
Locally grass raised chops for breakfast, several days old with a tasty self saucing coating and two plump maggots for extra vitamins.

Last week camping some kids caught a couple of river fish 40 mm long so just swallowed them whole.

Offline mark74

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: February 20, 2014, 03:28:44 pm »
raw shrimp with vinegar and onions....

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: February 20, 2014, 04:34:44 pm »
Hi Mark, vinegar is not paleo!
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: February 21, 2014, 07:05:17 am »
Hi Mark, vinegar is not paleo!

Sometimes fruit ferments into vinegar if left to ferment. How about that?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #1258 on: February 21, 2014, 03:40:13 pm »
Right, so raw apple cider vinegar with "mother of vinegar" in it is  rawpalaeo.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: February 21, 2014, 03:43:13 pm »
Yes, sure, this happens sometimes. First ethanol is produced by fermentation of sugars and next acetic acid (the main component of vinegar apart water) by oxidation of ethanol. Some fermented fruits containing a bit of ethanol are very tasty, but when they have reached the next rotting stage and contain acetic acid, about nobody would eat it!

Anyway, juices are not paleo, they are processed stuff. Wine is not paleo, so vinegar isn't either. Some kind of container (bottle, glass, pot or whatever manufactured item) is necessary to contain juices, wine or vinegar.

As pottery is Neolithic, no one was ever able to make vinegar in the Paleolitic era.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #1260 on: February 21, 2014, 03:50:17 pm »
Well, I am sure they had some form of container in the Palaeolithic, such as sewn-up animal hides, for example.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: February 21, 2014, 03:57:15 pm »
In the upper paleolithic, perhaps... then they mastered  the fire too and probably grilled food sometimes.  Still I doubt they made wine and vinegar!  ;) I think alcoholic beverages are typically neolithic.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: February 21, 2014, 10:20:36 pm »
I had an ORGANIC cherimoya.......which I have to admit I was kind of under impressed :(  It tasted like a pineapple, but not as sweet or acidic with banana like texture.  My instincts told me it was something I probably shouldn't eat again, especially cause of my negative reactions to pineapples and how similar it tastes.  It probably was not the best quality because it had to be picked so soon to pack and ship.  But I figured it was a once in a lifetime thing unless I find myself under a ripe cherimoya tree :)  I saved the seeds, anyone have land in Columbia?

I have been eating a lot more aged raw rib meats and raw marrow lately, raw lamb shoulder chops, raw pork chops, moldy lamb fat that tastes like cookies, also some really high quality dates and dried figs from the tree at the house, lots of raw egg yolks from chickens fed sprouted grains and greens and eggs and kelp, raw grassfed swiss cheese, lots of cooked zuchinni, raw lettuce and fennel, small amounts of celeriac and jicama, coconut meat and Fuerte avocados, lots of seaweed and salt, much less herbal tea.  Also raw tuna from the pacific...
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 10:27:50 pm by jessica »

Offline Greenbalance

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: February 21, 2014, 10:40:39 pm »
I had an ORGANIC cherimoya.......which I have to admit I was kind of under impressed :(  It tasted like a pineapple, but not as sweet or acidic with banana like texture.  My instincts told me it was something I probably shouldn't eat again, especially cause of my negative reactions to pineapples and how similar it tastes.  It probably was not the best quality because it had to be picked so soon to pack and ship.  But I figured it was a once in a lifetime thing unless I find myself under a ripe cherimoya tree :)  I saved the seeds, anyone have land in Columbia?

I have been eating a lot more aged raw rib meats and raw marrow lately, raw lamb shoulder chops, raw pork chops, moldy lamb fat that tastes like cookies, also some really high quality dates and dried figs from the tree at the house, lots of raw egg yolks from chickens fed sprouted grains and greens and eggs and kelp, raw grassfed swiss cheese, lots of cooked zuchinni, raw lettuce and fennel, small amounts of celeriac and jicama, coconut meat and Fuerte avocados, lots of seaweed and salt, much less herbal tea.  Also raw tuna from the pacific...

I love fresh dates ! I buy them in my organic store - they are fresh, sweet and delicious. I also use quite big amount of kelp and wakame on my fish.
Raw tuna is quite expensive where I live so I buy raw herrings and marinate them overnight with apple vinegar, onions and herbs.
I also eat salmon like it is my job, but I am worried about quality of them in my fishmonger so I ordered wild one.

Oh, and coconut water - I like to drink it after long walks or travels, when I feel dehydrated.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #1264 on: February 22, 2014, 02:40:51 am »
One of my few dietary regrets I have is that I simply do not have access to the wide range of fruits that others have.  Cherimoyas durians , different types of bananas from the usual etc. I was proud once of finding a source of medlars which can only be eaten in rotten form and are not only very rare but delicious. Otherwise, I just get the usual like blueberries, avocadoes, strawberries etc.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Sorentus

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: February 22, 2014, 09:08:34 am »
Raw ground beef/liver/lamb (Fresh is so much tastier, even when aged!)
Raw honey
Organic Fermented vegetable.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: February 23, 2014, 12:40:38 am »
Cherimoyas and avocados are in full season here, about 1.60 €/kg. Oranges / tangerines are 0.50 €/kg! I found guavas until last week and there was plenty arbutus in the forest until the very end of December. Strawberries have appeared early in February already. You don’t have to be in the tropics to get fruits the whole year round!

But since I felt fed up with fruits (yes, it happens!), I nevertheless preferred vegetables for my lunch today: lettuce, tomatoes (fruit botanically, but considered as a vegetable for gastronomic purposes and digestion), about 1 kg of green peas and 2 avocados (as tomatoes)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 07:01:25 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: February 24, 2014, 06:12:30 pm »
4 eggs (white and yolk of each), plus 2 yolks: thus a total of 4 whites and 6 yolks.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: February 26, 2014, 09:36:51 pm »
I found a really fresh, gently ran over Western Grey Squirrel a few mornings ago.  They are really beautiful animals and quite large.  I come across them often when I am hiking from the oak and madrone forests into the more coniferous woods at higher elevations.  This one seemed to have been hit in the face by a car on one of the forest service access roads and was extremely healthy, all of the entrails looked pristine, full of acorns, fur is beautiful and I am in the process of tanning it.  I will admit I did only eat the legs after hanging and aging them for a few days and shared the rest with the compost pile and flies.  Really excellent meat, pretty dark, slightly sweet, kind of like heritage turkey meat.  If only I could raise them myself.  Hope the photos work.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 09:43:20 pm by jessica »

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: February 26, 2014, 10:00:08 pm »
How cool. That is a beautiful fur! You are very skilled Jessica :)

Offline Greenbalance

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: February 27, 2014, 03:02:22 am »
You are real cave-women Jessica. Amazing!

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: February 27, 2014, 03:51:22 am »
Fine work, but why did you eat only the legs and threw the rest? Didn't you open its belly to take out the organs and intestine?
When we were traveling on the Blue Ridge Parkway, my ex-wife, our son and I, we also found a squirrel apparently freshly killed by a vehicle. We skinned it but there were worms inside, so we threw it away.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 03:13:48 pm by Iguana »

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: February 27, 2014, 08:59:22 pm »
I asked myself the same question Iguana, but it just did not appeal to me at the time to eat the whole thing.  I did look at the organs and intestines though and they looked fine.  I am going to cross my fingers that its not the last time I will be able to eat a Western Grey Squirrel, I am really impressed by how much meat there was on the legs.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: February 28, 2014, 02:35:06 am »
My son, an avid fisherman, came over yesterday after pier fishing, and said, "I have a jack smelt in the ice chest. You want it?"

When he came in to clean the fish, it turned out that jack was a Jill with two nice-sized roe sacs that ended up on my dinner plate. I love roe! I love my son!

This morning, I thought "I shoulda taken a pic." Too late!
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: March 11, 2014, 12:03:05 am »
cow tongue..........any advise? 

ps eve what a score! I have never had fresh roe but man if I am here during salmon season this year its on!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk