Author Topic: Tularaemia  (Read 4079 times)

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
Tularaemia
« on: September 09, 2010, 11:12:56 pm »
Any need to worry about this disease? Apparently many hares and rabbits are infected with it and it can be quite serious for humans.
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Tularaemia
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 02:06:49 am »
Well, I've been eating tons of raw wild hare carcasses and some raw rabbits for many years, and have never had a problem, so I can assure you it's quite safe to eat those.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 04:49:51 am »
Well, I've been eating tons of raw wild hare carcasses and some raw rabbits for many years, and have never had a problem, so I can assure you it's quite safe to eat those.
Were they inspected for parasites?
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 04:20:45 pm »
Were they inspected for parasites?
  I seriously doubt it as there were still pellets embedded all over the body and the carcass was reasonably untouched, except for the head.. I'm sure if they took the time to inspect the hares for parasites, they would have had the time to take out the pellets.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 07:07:36 pm »
Tyler, according to this site: http://www.patient.co.uk/doctor/Tularaemia.htm tularaemia does not occur naturally in the uk, so it would be no surprise that you have had no problems from eating the hares and rabbits there. Apparently tularaemia type A only occurs in North America.
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 08:47:41 pm »
Apparently tularaemia type A only occurs in North America.
Very rarely
"In the United States, although records show that tularemia was never particularly common, incidence rates  continued to drop over the course of the 20th century so that between 1990 and 2000, the rate was less than 1 per 1,000,000, meaning the disease is extremely rare in the US today."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tularemia
http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5109a1.htm
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk