Author Topic: SALMON ADDICTION  (Read 13710 times)

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
SALMON ADDICTION
« on: September 21, 2010, 05:33:26 am »
I loooove wild salmon....

Here I have it fresh with dill, yellow tomatoes from my garden, green onions, and a slice of Suluguni cheese (not raw paleo but I wanted a piece of cheese that day  ???), and a side of Tamari! It was such a good combo.

Here I am salting a huge portion of wild salmon, by the way I only used 2 teaspoons of Himalayan sea salt for the whole giant thing, and a bunch of dill-weed (love it)...the salmon doesn't even taste anything salty at all after its done and its freshness is nicely preserved.

Ready to wrap and enjoy in a couple of hours and for the rest of the week!

Offline DeadRamones

• Bear Hunter
  • My boy eating!
    • View Profile
    • Acumen Athletics
Re: SALMON ADDICTION
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 05:51:28 am »
Do you eat the skin as well?

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 06:01:29 am »
No I give the skin to my bf. - he likes to fry it in butter ;D I tried it once but couldn't even bite a piece off! So I don't eat it, how do you eat it?

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 08:44:25 am »
That looks amazing.

I fucking love dill!
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 10:24:32 am »
I don't understand! Why does everyones food always look so amazing? All I do is take some meat out of plastic wrapping.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline DeadRamones

• Bear Hunter
  • My boy eating!
    • View Profile
    • Acumen Athletics
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 10:30:32 am »
I cut them into 1/2" slices with the skin on. It's a pain to cut the skin if you're using a regular knife. Honestly, it's not as strong tasting as I expected it to be.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 12:15:01 pm »
I don't understand! Why does everyones food always look so amazing? All I do is take some meat out of plastic wrapping.

Because the people who spend time making their food look restaurant-style presentable are the ones who want to show off their food in the culinary creations sub-forum =)
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2010, 01:01:59 pm »

Girl food always looks amazing.
We're guys, we have no style.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2010, 01:14:45 pm »
Agreed.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2010, 03:39:24 pm »
SIGH....OK I'll tell you why I make it all pretty sometimes...it's nothing really to do with being a girl...
I am a designer, I LOVE design and visually appealing and artistic presentations, so even when making a meal I start to get into designing it to be a work of art! Food is colorful and pretty, look at all the different shapes and colors of mushrooms, herbs, berries and meats, its just begging for me to play with it  :o

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2010, 04:05:22 pm »
I agree.   What's the website of the company where you work?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2010, 04:20:19 pm »
gs: I work as an independent contractor for many clients!
erm...I am not sure it would be so wise of me to post their links on a raw meat forum! They might get scared of me  >D
If ya wanna talk business perhaps email is a good option!

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2010, 08:06:44 pm »
I take offense to that GS.

;D
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2010, 10:41:24 pm »
hahahahaha! yeah, i pretty much eat my assortment of animal parts off my cutting board.

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2010, 01:49:20 am »
drj nice plate man!

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2010, 04:00:58 am »
drj nice plate man!
Thanks. My wife and I like paisley designs so when we saw this while doing our wedding registry she had to have it. We've got matching bowls and mugs too. :)
The deer was all me though. ;D
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline Michael

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2010, 05:40:17 am »
Jesus Dan!  Do you eat it looking like that?!  Man, I'm beginning to think my estrogen levels are a bit haywire as I tend towards making my meals look 'girlie' presentable!  :)  Are those eyeballs on that, rather nice, plate?!  And what's with the deer head!?!

Yuli, that salmon dish looks stunning.  I suggest we all meet up at your place for dinner if we ever arrange a RPD get together!?!

1. When offered something that is too good to be true. It is.
2. Greed and fear are poor states of mind in which to make decisions; like shopping at the supermarket when you are hungry.
3. Exponential growth is mathematically unsustainable.

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2010, 06:19:59 am »
Jesus Dan!  Do you eat it looking like that?!  Man, I'm beginning to think my estrogen levels are a bit haywire as I tend towards making my meals look 'girlie' presentable!  :)  Are those eyeballs on that, rather nice, plate?!  And what's with the deer head!?!
No, I don't usually go to extents like that Michael. My meals are mostly mounds of cubed meat and fat on a plate. These were frsh organs out of my first deer head so I thought I'd do a whimsical plate. The "hair" area is brain, the "eyes" are in fact eyeballs, the "nose" is bits of cheek and neck meat, and the "smile" is a tongue. I'm a kid at heart and it comes through. :)

How did you see the deer head? I've got a photo up in the album of it, is that where you saw it? That's the deer head I got from my farmer and used to make that tasty meal.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2010, 06:42:45 am »
Ha ha, you guys are so cool! I wish I had some real raw paleo friends  :'(
Regular people think I am some sort of vampire freakazoid lol

Michael I would love to have a get-together ... unfortunately you guys all live far away from me.

I am willing to try eyeballs, brains whatever, the more I eat raw meat the better it tastes, things that used to make me gag I now relish, I bought a pack of grassfed and finished meat chunks and organic grainfed calf liver today and devoured it, I drank the blood from the bottom of the packs and it was delicious. The grassfed meat is nice and salty on its own (salty and stinky in a very good way), the calf liver tasted like chocolate, I am thinking of mixing the liver with chocolate for an experiment! MMMMM I'll take some pics tonight after I finish my work...I spent all day biking around and visiting butchers so now I behind on work ha ha

I found a butcher that says they regularly get fresh organic lamb organs and they're cheap, tomorrow I am getting some lamb liver, a heart and kidneys...and the dude said he'll cut up the lamb marrow bones for me, oooo ya

The grassfed meat I got from Weber's Pasteured Meats (http://www.localharvest.ca/farm/webers-pastured-meats) and I cannot say enough good things about them - whatever the hell they fed that cow was good. This morning I ordered from Brooker's (http://www.brookersmeat.com/beefgrassfed) and I'll see how good they are when I get my meat next week, hopefully as good as the Weber's.

Offline Michael

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2010, 01:08:47 am »
How did you see the deer head? I've got a photo up in the album of it, is that where you saw it? That's the deer head I got from my farmer and used to make that tasty meal.
Yes, I saw the deer head via your album and got quite a shock I can tell you!!  :)  Amazing that your farmer actually provided you with it.  No way I'd be able to get one of those here.  Glad to hear that's not your usual fayre but I am very impressed that you ate that plate of delights - especially the eyeballs!?  No wonder you're making good progress!  The presentation did make me laugh though!  :)

Ha ha, you guys are so cool! I wish I had some real raw paleo friends  :'(
Regular people think I am some sort of vampire freakazoid lol
You need to convert some friends Yuli!  A simple bite on the neck should do the trick!  ;)  Seriously, I introduced a couple of my best friends to 'the raw' as we now refer to it and they saw the light.  No neck biting involved!  :)

Michael I would love to have a get-together ... unfortunately you guys all live far away from me.
Sure, incredibly it appears that the group is about as widely scattered as one could possibly imagine!  But, we live in an age of air travel and jerky.  Anything's doable?!  :)

...I spent all day biking around and visiting butchers so now I behind on work ha ha
Hey, now that's my kind of girl!!  ;)  Good to hear you're seriously getting into this thing Yuli!

2. Greed and fear are poor states of mind in which to make decisions; like shopping at the supermarket when you are hungry.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2010, 02:08:07 am »
"Yes, I saw the deer head via your album and got quite a shock I can tell you!!  :)  Amazing that your farmer actually provided you with it.  No way I'd be able to get one of those here."
-Michael

My butcher can't even get me the kidneys with the adrenal glands left on(from the slaughterhouse)... I mean, they have to actually take them off! It's not like it's asking something big, it's asking them to do less... It's stupid.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2010, 02:25:23 am »
Yes, I saw the deer head via your album and got quite a shock I can tell you!!  :)  Amazing that your farmer actually provided you with it.  No way I'd be able to get one of those here.  Glad to hear that's not your usual fayre but I am very impressed that you ate that plate of delights - especially the eyeballs!?  No wonder you're making good progress!  The presentation did make me laugh though!  :)
Well, it was a gift. You can't sell game meat in the state. I gave him a bottle of whiskey and we were both quite content. He was culling deer from a neighbor farmer's field and the head would have been wasted so he gave it to me. I got a couple nice backstraps of meat as well. :)
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline Michael

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2010, 04:12:08 am »
Lucky you Dan!  A deer head for a bottle of whiskey sounds like a fair trade.  Oh, the beauty of the bartering system!  :)

I have the same problem miles.  It's a ridiculous state of affairs.  I suppose these are the consequences of our human love of rigid 'systems'.  We lose flexibility which often translates into the insane situations you described.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk