Author Topic: more keto questions, sorry  (Read 1849 times)

Offline shannon

• Egg Thief
  • hey, that's me!
    • View Profile
more keto questions, sorry
« on: September 25, 2010, 05:08:10 am »
so here's my story, i LOVE being in full blown ketosis bec. i am untouchable (feels like it at least).  so much energy, so much loving feelings, etc.  i can only assume that i'm in ketosis bec. i physically feel the euphoria.  then comes the days that i eat a bit more veg and some fruit.  no good, start feeling sleepy and foggy.  i asked in another post how many carbs are needed to stay into ketosis so i don't have to go through this anymore.  after my 'carb days' it takes me back to square one and i feel anxious, tired, grouchy for about a day or so then BAM i'm back baby!  am i not keto adapted even though i've been low carb for awhile?  and did anyone notice the nervousness/anxiety at first?  really stinks right about now, gotta keep myself busy.  hopefully this will be the last keto question i'll have to ask! l)
thanks guys
Vegetables are interesting but lack a sense of purpose when unaccompanied by a good cut of meat.  ~Fran Lebowitz

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: more keto questions, sorry
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 05:46:25 am »
then comes the days that i eat a bit more veg and some fruit.  no good, start feeling sleepy and foggy.  i asked in another post how many carbs are needed to stay into ketosis so i don't have to go through this anymore.

I am not low carb at the moment but I have some experience with low carb eating when I did my version of Atkin's a long time ago...
which was basically all meats and fish and seafoods and eggs, cooked all styles, from almost-raw to fried in fat (and small amounts of super-aged cheese sometimes)...I didn't measure carbs because I ate all meat basically and some eggs so I knew it was hardly any carbs at all, I was also super energetic so I knew I was in some sort of ketosis...
Eventually I did add some carbs...and I found to feel at my best by adding little by little...I ended up mostly eating cabbages (shredded and lightly-seared in butter) and very small green salads with things like baby spinach & other small garden lettuces, and not more then once a day, I also ate lots of onion and garlic (raw and cooked). Rarely I would have some no-sweet berries like blueberries, or a slice of red bell pepper. But as soon as I'dd add a sweet fruit it would all be ruined...and I'd start wanting more & more sweet fruits and not feel the high anymore.
I'd try adding one carb at a time and in tiny amounts and maybe see whats your limit?
Maybe you need hardly any carbs?

also I wonder if your carb tolerance goes up when you're doing the raw version of low carb animal diet? I am eating more fruits (like 1-4 a day, some of them very sweet like a ripe peach or pineapple, plus some raw honey twice a week...thats not even low carb at all) on the raw meat diet then the cooked meat diet, obviously not at the same meal, I eat lots of fat as well and haven`t gained a pound but somehow I have MORE energy...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk