Author Topic: HELP EATING RAW FAT PLEASE!!!  (Read 14722 times)

Offline the PresiDenT

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
HELP EATING RAW FAT PLEASE!!!
« on: October 08, 2010, 01:35:03 am »
i am into eating raw meat now for the last 2months, i read about people eating bone marrow a lot and other fats, but i get gag reflex when i try to consume it, even a tiny bit mixed with lean meat. I am a "lean person" very low fat, 6'1 143pounds and highly athletic Caucasian male. Avocados/coconut oil seems to go down better, but i wanna bulk up for these Canadian winters. HELP PLZ???!!! thanks a lot, all you guys have changed my life in so many positive ways i can only help by paying it forward. Regards,

Andrew
The price is wrong Bob

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: HELP EATING RAW FAT PLEASE!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 01:42:12 am »
It takes c.8-12 months for people to get used to most raw animal foods. Some tricks include eating raw animal foods that are slightly aged, or to cook the relevant meats a little and gradually reduce the cooking temperature by 1 degree every so often until you are fully used to and enjoy the taste of it when 100 percent raw.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 01:44:51 am »
In my experience, don't overdo things with the fat.

There is so much talk about fat on this forum and I think it leads a lot of newbies binging on fat.

To begin with just eat fattier cuts of meat and see how that goes down. I wouldn't bother with suet, I think it's sort of the lowest grade of fat you can get, but better then nothing I suppose.

I think key here is just experimenting and trying to see what works best for you.
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 01:51:44 am »
I agree with FTH. Raw animal fat should only be a really huge concern for Raw zero carbers. And I find raw suet not as digestible as other raw fats.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 02:10:03 am »
Oh, raw bone marrow is delicious! I would push out the fat with my thumb just pop it in my mouth!

Offline the PresiDenT

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 02:18:04 am »
It takes c.8-12 months for people to get used to most raw animal foods. Some tricks include eating raw animal foods that are slightly aged, or to cook the relevant meats a little and gradually reduce the cooking temperature by 1 degree every so often until you are fully used to and enjoy the taste of it when 100 percent raw.

Oh, raw bone marrow is delicious! I would push out the fat with my thumb just pop it in my mouth!

(i dont get how u do that!!! but i am jelous lol)
I love raw meat, i have been eating only raw for 2months now, not heated at all, and i find it tastes better than cooked. I just dont understand how people eat bone marrow, it makes me gag. curious if this comes with time or is aquired.ty
The price is wrong Bob

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 04:30:42 am »
(i dont get how u do that!!! but i am jelous lol)
I love raw meat, i have been eating only raw for 2months now, not heated at all, and i find it tastes better than cooked. I just dont understand how people eat bone marrow, it makes me gag. curious if this comes with time or is aquired.ty

Hi andrew,
I am also very thin body type for a girl, 5'9 and 115lb...
Have you tried eating the bone marrow when frozen? It gets a VERY nice texture like that.
If you're eating some ground beef you could even grate in some frozen bone marrow like it was parmesan  :P
The only fats I like to eat are the bone marrow and the hard fatty parts that come on the sides of my grassfed steaks (those are nice and you can just sort of chew the hard fat off and then take a bite of the meat with it)...
Are you good at digesting nuts? Some people may disagree with nuts, but I find adding some fatty nuts like macadamias will greatly increase your fat intake and may bulk you up! Just eat them a while AFTER you had your meat not before.
Also if you can get your hands on some wild-caught salmon - that has a lot of fat, the very good kind of fat, tons of omega-3, and it tastes delicious raw.
When I started eating raw I would add lots of avocados, that was in the summer, now that winter is coming I have had absolutely no craving for avocados, only some nuts and raw fat from steaks and marrow. I usually add at least 1 fruit per day (like an organic apple), unless you're ZC you can use some sweet fruit to help you bulk up as well, just don't overdo it or you'll be sorry :P

Offline MaximilianKohler

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 04:47:12 am »
Have you tried raw cage free organic eggs? I went cold turkey on raw meat/fat and even high meat without any difficulty at all, but the one thing I did notice as far as taste goes is that normal raw eggs taste terrible compared to at least cage free/free range, and organic would be even better. I hear the best kind are the ones you can get locally from people at your local farmer's market because they are very fresh and they aren't required to process the outside of the egg.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/06/08/why-you-dont-want-to-buy-organic-eggs-at-the-grocery-store-.aspx

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 04:58:49 am »
In my experience, don't overdo things with the fat.

There is so much talk about fat on this forum and I think it leads a lot of newbies binging on fat.

To begin with just eat fattier cuts of meat and see how that goes down. I wouldn't bother with suet, I think it's sort of the lowest grade of fat you can get, but better then nothing I suppose.

I think key here is just experimenting and trying to see what works best for you.

Yeah... I think it's the people who come from thinking 0% fat is good, and eating virtually no fat whatsoever, so to them what they are consuming is LOADS OF FAT, TONS OF FAT... and they go on about how much fat they're eating when I would consider it a normal amount of fat.. And they measure it in obscure ways which makes it appear as if they're eating more than they are O_O.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 08:26:06 am »
Try buying some marrow, popping out a bunch and just "air-drying" it exposed in your fridge for 2-3 days. It dries it a bit.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2010, 09:29:35 am »
i can eat lamb fat, any type of animal's bone marrow, egg yolks, butter, brain, tounge but can't eat cow's fat or suet. i try even chewing them slowly. but once i swallow suet, i hear the horrible noise coming out from my tummy and some how i gotta go to toilet. i just don't get it. cooked animal fats, never give me this trouble.  -\
bugs or country chickens

Offline michaelwh

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2010, 10:15:17 am »
Maybe try eating the fat of different animals, and see which one agrees with you best. Pork fat is quite soft and tasty and chewy.

Also, try different temperatures -- straight out of fridge, or room temperature. I find that beef muscle fat and suet is too hard in the fridge, but just right at room temperature. For veal marrow from the shank, I find that it's too oily and soft at room temperature, but just right at fridge temperature.

Quality also makes a big difference. I find that fat from supermarket meat is not very appetizing, but fat from organic butchers or small local farms is quite delicious.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2010, 02:37:16 pm »
A number of people find that suet doesn't get absorbed properly and then have to go to the toilet soon afterwards. In my own case, I have found a few kinds of suet which were fine, others weren`t -

My own view is that suet is anyway an inferior animal fat so I go in for raw tongue , raw marrow , and raw fatty meats instead, these days.
" Ron Paul.

Offline MaximilianKohler

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2010, 03:42:48 am »
which meats are the fattiest? so far the heart I got seemed to have the most fat on it...

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2010, 03:50:49 am »
which meats are the fattiest? so far the heart I got seemed to have the most fat on it...
Things like raw tongue, raw suet and raw marrow, and raw brains.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Alan

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2010, 01:11:33 pm »
human body is designed to receive and absorb animal fats. if you aren't taking xenical, then actual undigested fat in your stools is a sign of a morbidity. You need to see a gastroenterologist.

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2010, 07:54:08 pm »
human body is designed to receive and absorb animal fats. if you aren't taking xenical, then actual undigested fat in your stools is a sign of a morbidity. You need to see a gastroenterologist.
Yeah...no.
It's very possible ot eat too much fat and end up with partially, or undigested, fat in your stool. It takes time to build up the amounts of bile neccesary to break down larger amounts of fat in a meal.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2010, 09:38:09 pm »

Anybody tried to make Aajonus lubrication formula with suet instead of butter?

If you try it, let me know if it improves this fat digestion (this is one of the reasons it includes lemon and honey).

human body is designed to receive and absorb animal fats. if you aren't taking xenical, then actual undigested fat in your stools is a sign of a morbidity.

Can you explain how you came to this conclusion?

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2010, 11:32:43 pm »
Anybody tried to make Aajonus lubrication formula with suet instead of butter?

He also recommends it with coconut cream instead of butter.  Does suet really lubricate?  I know butter works well, moisturizing formula.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2010, 11:42:06 pm »

How often do you eat raw suet yourself?  Which raw fat do you enjoy most to eat?

Only time I've gotten fat (oil) in my stool ... maybe while fasting?  I don't know when, it's like a non-occurrence.

When did you start eating raw paleo and raw meat fats?  

It's very possible ot eat too much fat and end up with partially, or undigested, fat in your stool. It takes time to build up the amounts of bile neccesary to break down larger amounts of fat in a meal.

yeah, I know lots of people that take quite some time to build up to a good fat amount.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2010, 05:30:40 am »
     Does suet really lubricate?  I know butter works well, moisturizing formula.

The idea is to see if suet gets digested better if blended with some lemon, honey and eggs. To see if all signs of undigested suet that people report will decrease.

Anybody having problems digesting it willing to try?

Offline MaximilianKohler

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2010, 07:19:26 am »
I haven't been having any trouble with the beef fat I got from my butcher, but even after I leave it in the fridge or on the counter to unfreeze it's still pretty hard and bread/pie crust-like. I put some covered up in a frying pan on lowest heat and it got really soft, but I think I might have overheated it since it's very hard to tell the heat with that method. So I'm buying a small toaster oven that I can use to heat my fat up to exactly 96 degrees or so. Maybe you could try this, and if you still couldn't stomach the fat alone you could try mixing it in with some diced up meat and add some spices or even an egg to that maybe and have a Steak tartare type meal :)

I might even start doing this myself ^_^

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2010, 08:21:46 am »
The idea is to see if suet gets digested better if blended with some lemon, honey and eggs. To see if all signs of undigested suet that people report will decrease.

I think it might taste better mixed with cranberries than lemon.  Suet comes from red meat.  I don't think lemon mixes well with red meat, but then I know people who do, but mix it with butter not suet first to put on the red meat.

Offline the PresiDenT

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2010, 07:37:08 am »

well my source doesnt sell suet, but i will try with marrow i guess. the problem is not seeing if its digested well, rather getting it down without gagging. i might try jsut wrapping it in something tasteless and edible, and swallow it with water like a big pill.(i figure it don;t need to be chewed)
The price is wrong Bob

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2010, 11:39:38 am »
my husband complains his chest pain right after eating suet or other muscle fat. why? -\
bugs or country chickens

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk