Author Topic: Raw Foodism Wikipedia Alterations  (Read 2686 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Raw Foodism Wikipedia Alterations
« on: October 14, 2010, 02:57:38 am »
I have recently tried again to edit the raw foodism wikipedia page, after a previous try in which some very biased cooked foodists tried to pretend that Wrangham was viewed favourably by  many other anthropologists, and who tried all sorts of other biased ways to wreck the page. I eventually gave up  c.18 months ago  after being constantly surrounded by numerous biased cooked foodists who ignored many of my valid points re their own bias-  I have now tried again to edit it, since the raw foodism page is often unchecked for some periods here and there  - and it seems fine as of this moment:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raw_foodism

I have just removed some pro-raw vegan spam trying to advertise the ghastly 30bananasaday website. Another wonderful wikipedia member also recently  removed a nasty attempt by the 30bananasaday guy to remove all mention of raw animal food diets from the raw foodism page. However, what we need is rawpalaeo people regularly checking the raw foodism page in order to undo any attempts to remove useful info on Raw animal food diets or attempts to insert obvious lies about the heat-created toxins in cooked foods( 1 person for example tried to pretend that AGEs are only created in cooked foods with lots of sugar in them).

All I am asking is that some of you regularly check the raw foodism wikipedia page once a month at random. With at least 10, and preferably more people checking the raw foodism wikipedia page once a month, undoing any unfair edits that occasionally appear from time to time and participating in the discussions section of the raw foodism wikipedia page, it would become impossible for others to gang up on us RVAFers. This is very important as the raw foodism wikipedia page is one of the main websites people find when searching for info on raw diets, and we do not want any misinformation appearing on it.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
Re: Raw Foodism Wikipedia Alterations
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 08:39:31 am »
From that Wiki: "The mainstream view among anthropologists is that the increase in human brain-size occurred well after [before?] the advent of cooking, due to a shift away from the consumption of nuts and berries to the consumption of meat.[149 dead link][152]"

I think it was meant to say "before" instead of "after", as human brain size began increasing long before the advent of cooking.

From reference 149: "...burned flints, seeds, and wood found in a hearthlike pattern have been cited as signs of controlled fire 790,000 years ago in Israel (Science, 30 April 2004, p. 725).

But even the earliest of those dates are long after the dramatic anatomical changes seen in H. erectus, says Wrangham. He notes that evidence for fire is often ambiguous and argues that humans were roasting meat and tubers around the campfire as early as 1.9 million years ago." http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/full/316/5831/1558?ijkey=qZN/4mNiv/hng&keytype=ref&siteid=sci

From reference 152: "Since the time of Australopithecus afarensis, some four to five million years ago, brain size has increased threefold (Figure 1)." http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Meat+in+the+human+diet:+an+anthropological+perspective-a0169311689

Dead link: The first link for reference #149 says: "The Meetup Group you're looking for doesn't exist."
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 03:24:50 pm »
Sorry, that was my stupid error; I was not paying attention. Fixed now. Will do the rest later.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 05:48:33 pm »
Fixed those refs. Turns out that some fanatical, biased cooked foodist had deliberately added a reference which praised Wrangham into a sentence which stated that most other anthropologists viewed Wrangham`s theories  as completely wrong. I have deleted it, but it shows that one has to be super vigilant and check the refs every now and then as well.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Brother

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 07:05:54 pm »
Good job. Not surprising. 30Bad comes of as a cult of the highest order. When you read peoples comments about them on teh internets, -if they are not part of the cult it is usually along the lines of "30bad manipulates data to fit their beliefs, 30bad bans people for straying the least from their "path, 30bad can kiss my blahblahblah, you see the point. Wiki is such a great idea if it didnt always turn into a battlezone of ideals.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2010, 02:29:14 am »
Wiki is one of those things that is so goofy, twistable and inaccurate that I call it Wackipedia. Nonetheless a lot of people glance at it as if it is the Holy Bible signed by Jesus.

Thanks Tyler, a lot of people no doubt look the page up when they meet a raw food eater, so it's helpful.
Cheers
Al

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk