Author Topic: how to make this work  (Read 20833 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: how to make this work
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2010, 01:57:05 am »
Cravings for raw dairy , by current accounts of dairy-allergic people,  are often massive involving huge consumption of raw milk etc. By contrast, I have yet to hear of a similiar genuine case of people experiencing such cravings for raw meats that they literally cannot stop doing so  and eat it to the virtual exclusion of everything else, which is what happens with dairy-allergic people frequently.  Of course, by "cravings" you may solely be thinking of a major preference for raw meats, which is of course not as extreme as the intense cravings I am thinking of.

To cut things short, raw dairy is not an essential food for anybody. Raw meats definitely are, as they are complete foods; and , for many people, raw fruits are too, given that many do not do well on raw, zero-carb. Given that raw dairy is the raw food most complained about re RVAFers re ill-health, and the fact that Jennie has already had some slight issues with it already, it makes more sense to give it up for now - trying it later, of course, once health has been largely restored, for experimentation purposes.

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline jennie

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2010, 07:15:26 pm »
I decided to leave the dairy out, I have two teeth that objects to milk and I feel there is less mucus when leaving dairy out completely.

Why is it you need to eat so much more food on this diet? I used to feel full on two cooked lambchops and three boiled eggs. Just ate 3 beefs and bonemarrow, still I'm very hungry. I guess I have to eat something sweet or more fats? How much meat is it common to eat a day? At least bonemarrow is cheap.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2010, 07:50:59 pm »
I decided to leave the dairy out, I have two teeth that objects to milk and I feel there is less mucus when leaving dairy out completely.

Why is it you need to eat so much more food on this diet? I used to feel full on two cooked lambchops and three boiled eggs. Just ate 3 beefs and bonemarrow, still I'm very hungry. I guess I have to eat something sweet or more fats? How much meat is it common to eat a day? At least bonemarrow is cheap.
Yeah, the trouble with slight allergies is that, while they may not significantly harm one's health, they can easily so waste the body's resources that the healing/recovery-rate is slowed down or stopped completely. It's all very well to eat a slightly allergenic food when you are healthy, but not a good idea when one is in ill-health already and trying to get better.

As for the claims re raw food-intake, actually many long-term RVAFers find they need to eat much less raw foods as rawpalaeo foods typically contain higher levels of nutrients than cooked foods, so they tend to eat less of them over time. Newbies tend to eat a lot more, I suspect, because they were nutritionally deficient in pre-rawpalaeo days and their bodies are telling them to instinctively eat as much as possible.

Minor caveats:-  There are things that increase one's appetite on a RVAF diet. I have, for example, found that my appetite grows considerably the more raw carbs I add to my diet, so in times when I want to cut down/fast, I lower my carb-intake. Plus, I have also found that adding any spices to raw foods, even raw spices, means that I always end up eating far more than I really needed.Oh, and yes, more raw fats would help.

My (vague) rule is c. 1 or 1.2 kilos of raw meats/organ-meats a day, plus a few fruits, interspersed occasionally by whole-day fasts.  I also do Intermittent Fasting(1 large meal every 24 hours, eaten within a 4 hour period) but that only works for some of us.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 08:32:49 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Louna

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2010, 08:30:08 pm »
Interesting infos Tylen, thanks, it's help !  :)

I took some raw sheep cheese as I wanted to try, but it seems that it is that which gave me a little sore throat and my gums were bleeding yesterday and my teeth more fragile.
Also I feel some acidity after eating it.
So I stop dairy and wait to see if symptoms continue.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 08:40:04 pm by Louna »

Offline jennie

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2010, 12:17:45 am »
Thank you for the info, you're making this transition easier :)

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2010, 02:46:05 am »
Several people state they did better without dairy on this forum, maybe it's not for everyone?

http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/welcoming-commitee/hello-help-with-enamel-issues/msg42767/#msg42767

In the book "Cure Toothdecay" dairy is highly recommended.
It's a lot of conflicting information, I wish I could know for sure - dairy or no-dairy

No wild animal drinks milk when adult, no wild animal routinely drinks milk form another animal specie. Dairy consumption is truly neolithic, so it's no part of any true paleodiet.

But if you are deprived of meat, eggs and seafood, it might be better to eat dairy rather than no animal food at all. 

Francois
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2010, 03:00:06 am »
No wild animal drinks milk when adult, no wild animal routinely drinks milk form another animal specie. Dairy consumption is truly neolithic, so it's no part of any true paleodiet.

But if you are deprived of meat, eggs and seafood, it might be better to eat dairy rather than no animal food at all. 

Francois
i AGREE!

Offline jennie

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2010, 08:26:03 pm »
About doing oil pulling with VCO, i felt my gums became irritated from it. Maybe it's the anti-nutrients. Swishing with cod liver oil has a calming effect on both teeth and gums. And cutting out milk has been great help as well.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2010, 02:51:06 am »
Dairy consumption is truly neolithic

False.. If you killa female animal it has milk. If you eat every part of an animal why wouldn't you drink the milk as well if it tasted good? The difference is that it's a small amount, infrequently, not a staple..
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2010, 03:30:45 am »
About doing oil pulling with VCO, i felt my gums became irritated from it. Maybe it's the anti-nutrients. Swishing with cod liver oil has a calming effect on both teeth and gums. And cutting out milk has been great help as well.
A numbr of rawpalaeos also appear to have issues with raw coconut oil. My own experience was an absolute disaster - I tried it for the 1st time a couple of years ago and ended up with very, very  painful stomach-aches as a result.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 05:13:03 pm by TylerDurden »
" Ron Paul.

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2010, 03:38:08 am »
A numbr of rawpalaeos also appear to have issues with rawcoconut oil. My own experience was an absolute disaster - I tried it for the 1st time a couple of years ago and ended up with very, very  painful stomach-aches as a result.

So melodramatic. Disaster this disaster that.

Anywho, coconut oil works just fine for me.
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2010, 03:55:58 am »
False.. If you killa female animal it has milk. If you eat every part of an animal why wouldn't you drink the milk as well if it tasted good? The difference is that it's a small amount, infrequently, not a staple..

No, no way to get any drop of milk form a dead female. Bruno Comby related on the Raw Food List that when he was on a hunting trip in Canada with some hunters, a female stag or elk (I don't remember; you can search on the Raw Food List) with a young was accidentally killed. He tried hard to get some milk from her but he failed. 
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2010, 03:59:20 am »
No, no way to get any drop of milk form a dead female. Bruno Comby related on the Raw Food List that when he was on a hunting trip in Canada with some hunters, a female stag or elk (I don't remember; you can search on the Raw Food List) with a young was accidentally killed. He tried hard to get some milk from her but he failed.  

I shot a reindeer a few weeks ago and extracted all of its milk.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 04:04:57 am by ForTheHunt »
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2010, 04:14:59 am »
I shot a reindeer a few weeks ago and extracted all of its milk.

May we know how you proceeded to extract it?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2010, 04:26:14 am »

Not at all, simply descriptive, given past accounts. Strange though it may seem to you, it is quite easily possible, at times,  for others to get nasty side-effects from all sorts of  foods, even 1 or 2 raw ones.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 05:26:21 am by TylerDurden »
" Ron Paul.

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2010, 10:30:49 am »

you so enthusiastically display your insensibility

oh, that's why

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2010, 12:55:37 pm »

?????????????????????????????? LULWUT?????????????????????

Just???????? I keep starting to type a response but... then I just delete it and type more ?'s..

LOL???

Ok I've thought of a response.. But now I've got that annoying thing where I can't see what I'm typing -_-

"If the female has milk, one can get it".
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2010, 04:55:22 pm »
"If the female has milk, one can get it".

I would be very interested if anyone can explain me how to extract milk from a dead female - moreover without any container, pottery being Neolithic.  ;)

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2010, 06:27:56 pm »
I would be very interested if anyone can explain me how to extract milk from a dead female - moreover without any container, pottery being Neolithic.  ;)

Take a dead doe, flip her over, and cut through her sac/where she store her milk.
I read on some forum, that people who had killed female deer had indeed found milk, but its not a common thing, its supposed to be way more fatty than cow milk.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2010, 10:57:50 pm »
Yeah there is a youtube video where the guy is field-dressing a doe and he just cuts through the breast and out comes the milk. I don't understand how that is hard that's all xD If you can cut through the skin for the meat how could you not cut through for the milk? Of course it's a different matter if there is no milk, then you can't extract any, but that's obvious.

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2010, 11:00:47 pm »
you so enthusiastically display your insensibility

oh, that's why

Huh? So if I don't act all melodramatic, I must be insensitive to my body?

Oh that's why what?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 11:08:21 pm by ForTheHunt »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2010, 12:34:26 am »
Huh? So if I don't act all melodramatic, I must be insensitive to my body?

Oh that's why what?
Bit of hypocrisy there, FTH, as you are the one behaving like a drama-queen, given the above!   ;) ;)
" Ron Paul.

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2010, 01:09:28 am »
Bit of hypocrisy there, FTH, as you are the one behaving like a drama-queen, given the above!   ;) ;)

..........right

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2010, 01:18:45 am »
<3

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2010, 07:00:21 pm »
Take a dead doe, flip her over, and cut through her sac/where she store her milk.
I read on some forum, that people who had killed female deer had indeed found milk, but its not a common thing, its supposed to be way more fatty than cow milk.

Even if more than a few drops of milk would come out this way (something I'm not sure at all until someone reports exactly how he has done it and how it worked), still one would have to collect that milk in a container. Since pottery is Neolithic, in the Paleo era the only kind of suitable container I can think of would be a half coconut shell. But I don't think there was many coconut trees around the hunting grounds.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk