Author Topic: Flat-out dont give a hoot, halloween candy experiment  (Read 7256 times)

Offline the PresiDenT

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Flat-out dont give a hoot, halloween candy experiment
« on: October 31, 2010, 10:11:12 pm »
So sat night i was kinda pissed cause things are not quite going the way i want in life, and my dad was irritating me amongst other things. Anyway's, i have not had a full blown food "relapse" yet (2.5 months rpd no cheating at all) and my dad is always like "one day a week u should slide and get mcdees/junk food ect" to keep mental sanity, as he relies on this stuff hourly to run off a constant sugar buzz. So basically i was sad and did not give a f#*k last night, and thought mid as well document this "experiment" for u guys if im gonna poison myself  8)... -v

So i had roughly 15-20 mini choclate bars quickly of :reese pbc, o henry, mr.big, wonderbar . The effects that occurred were:
Immediate: -Bloated( felt i could not move and could not eat anymore), I also tried to throw it up but somehow this garbage tricked my body into believing it is real food and couldnt get it up.
-Tired (i slept from like 11-9) with crazy crazy dreams because of the peanuts.
-Addictive. This is the CRAZIEST thing is how much i wanted more and how addictive it is. Even though i could not stomach more, i still wanted it soooooo bad, the shit is like crack cocaine (as i even contemplated briefly having more the following day lol).
-I was reallllllly thirsty while eating. I drank a lot of water while eating and after, as i was parched and figured i dont want this stuff to digest really either.

9am the next morning: -sinuses all clogged with really yellow mucus/specs of blood.
-a feeling of disorientation/unawareness/disconnect of mind/body
-MOUTH TASTES LIKE SHITTTTT. This is happened to me everyday before rpd, so it was a comical remind of my old state.
-mentally foggy/mild mild headache. I feel like i just downgraded from my new macbook pro to my old POS Dell virus box.
-Strong urge for more sugar. There are a bunch of bananas my dad got in the kitchen and i want soooo bad.
-my ears were ringing. This is probly more to do with the sinuses being messed up.
-my eyes looked dead. Peoplel notice my eyes are very wide/clear these days, but this morning they looked BAD.
-burping a lot/indigestion
-intense dyhydration
-abdomminal pain once the garbage got moving inside me from drinking water.
-my voice dropped signifigantly!!!! (can someone please tell me why????)

Overall id say the biggest blow is to my sinuses and mental state. The worst part is just how addictive that stuff is, and how dull i felt. Today (sunday/halloween) i am doing a water fast till late tonight myb monday depending on how i feel, as i want the lectins and other various poisons (soy lectin/milk powder, wheat powder ect) out of my body. I can now see why fat/SAD people eat so much of this shit, as they cannot feel their body and the repercussions, so they just have more cause its so instantly satisfying and addictive, i remember in my sad days i ate so much candy and never felt like i do right now. Questions/comments please.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 10:26:26 pm by andrew89jackson »
The price is wrong Bob

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Flat-out dont give a hoot, halloween candy experiment
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 10:34:50 pm »
So funny.
But yeah, that's what happens when you do that.
Sometimes the reaction is worse.
Seems somehow that this raw paleo diet is a one way trip.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 10:39:05 am »
Haha, I think I have a weak ability to eat processed foods too. Well everyone does. But signs really show with me.

But if I would have done that.

I would have had similar symptoms...

-Sinus problems
-maybe a soar throat
-groggy in the morning
-a bit of acne returning
-swollen face ( get that with salt) It would be like "bear grylls bee sting"
search on google hahahaha

Yeah, when you go seriously off, I have done similar things. You get hit pretty bad.

My worst experience was similar to yours.

I also had cow cheese after going without dairy for a couple of months. Severe stomach pain and m knees hurt like hell that night. It was crazy.

But us humans forget easily, don't make the same mistake twice ;)

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 10:45:51 am »
Although, since I exercise regularly no matter what I am eating, it definitely helps with recovery it seems, if done right.

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 10:54:56 am »
sully, do you ever add salt to your food?

feel better soon PresiDenT! my mom used to give me money for my halloween candy, then she'd take the candy to work.  only one year i snuck a bunch of pieces before she took my bag of treats to work the next morning.  i puked all night... so busted!  to this day, that's what candy reminds me of   -v

Offline the PresiDenT

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 11:06:48 am »
ty, i felt better the sunday night. 24hours is usually how long a hnag over lasts or anyhting of the sort. The oddest part was how my ears were ringing since almost late tuesday. that really shows how much all that shit messes up the sinuses. scary  -d
The price is wrong Bob

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 12:05:30 pm »
sully, do you ever add salt to your food?
Usually no. It makes my face look swollen.

Although I have some RealSalt Seasalt. Which is unrefined mineral traced salt. That doesn't give me problems in moderation.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51YCY4AWZRL.jpg
http://www.realsalt.com/

I have taken some olive oil, with some spices and some mineral traced salt, and mixed it, then dipped meat in it. I have done this a few times and it is a good way for people new to raw meat to get used to it btw.

Although I think it may be beneficial to add a pinch perhaps, who knows. Since store bought meat isn't as bloody as fresh.
Oysters are salty too.

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010, 12:17:42 pm »
Although I have some RealSalt Seasalt. Which is unrefined mineral traced salt. That doesn't give me problems in moderation.

Thats a good brand, I use it too...
Its been few years I am eating unrefined sea salt, I haven't experienced any face puffiness from it, I am almost never dehydrated/thirsty.
After a while if you try the processed salt it tastes like shit anyway!
I have some pink Himalayan salt too, which is nice.
And some large crystal completely unprocessed salt, it gray in color...looks like the salt I found in Quebec in the beach but darker.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2010, 12:22:23 pm »

After a while if you try the processed salt it tastes like shit anyway!

And some large crystal completely unprocessed salt, it gray in color...looks like the salt I found in Quebec in the beach but darker.
Yeah, unrefined sea salt is much better in flavor than refined salts.

Grey salt, I see that in the store, I'd like to give it a try to see what it's like.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2010, 06:57:21 pm »
Pretty much what I get, especially the dead eyes...how weird are they? Like your stoned or really tired or something?

Also chocolate makes my body dissconnect from my head. Horrible delayed feeling in sending messages to your body. Errr not good.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
  • "...embrace your fear..."
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2010, 02:10:50 am »
Questions/comments please.

Next time the world pisses you off, don;t give in. Get up.

Put some Tool on, real loud, and say "fuck 'em".

In the aftermath, remember: YOU can create and re-create your life. You can do anything. Anything at all. If it has been done, you can do it, too. If it hasn't, try it anyway.

Usually when I say stuff like this, I get a hail of retorts ("you shouldn't tell people that" and "not everyone can do anything", and "it's irresponsible to give people unrealistic ideals and feed their pipe dreams"), but remember: I play fucking guitar for a living. Guitar. Play. That IS my job. I do well enough to make my house payment and feed my family.

If I can do that, YOU can do ANYTHING.

Anything.
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab
http://www.skinnydevil.com

Offline the PresiDenT

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2010, 05:31:05 am »
U are awesome man, i really like how you go to Tool first lol, as somehow they are the perfect "fuckem" genre but in a badass, non headache way. And i will remeber those words, its so easy to give in and go down to their shit lvl, not stay high and plow thru the bs.
The price is wrong Bob

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2010, 06:07:58 am »
Usually when I say stuff like this, I get a hail of retorts ("you shouldn't tell people that" and "not everyone can do anything", and "it's irresponsible to give people unrealistic ideals and feed their pipe dreams"), but remember: I play fucking guitar for a living. Guitar. Play. That IS my job. I do well enough to make my house payment and feed my family.
We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
I fully agree with you SD. The biggest limit to one's dreams/aspirations are the limits they impose on them.
I live my life shooting for the stars and it's fulfilling. ;D
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2010, 08:49:24 am »
The biggest limit to one's dreams/aspirations are the limits they impose on them.
Yup, you are your own enemy at times.

Offline Cinna

• Bear Hunter
  • "dreamy/dreamer"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2010, 08:58:39 am »
Next time the world pisses you off, don;t give in. Get up.

Put some Tool on, real loud, and say "fuck 'em".

In the aftermath, remember: YOU can create and re-create your life. You can do anything. Anything at all. If it has been done, you can do it, too. If it hasn't, try it anyway.

If I can do that, YOU can do ANYTHING.

Anything.

LOVE IT!! Thank you, SD! ;D

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2010, 10:19:32 am »

Call me the ultimate cynic, but the arts field is not exactly difficult to break into, if you have the slightest modicum of talent, nowadays. I mean, if the useless Tracy Emin can win an arts prize for showing an unmade bed she'd slept in (and Hirst  also winning the Turner prize for his utterly
 ludicrous shark in formaldehyde exhibit) then it is hardly difficult for other members of the public to demonstrate rather more talent than the former  in such fields. In the case of music, there are similiar hopeless examples as Emin  such as the various manufactured pop bands of today, George Michael etc. etc. etc. I'm sure you would easily shame them in any competition, SD.

I should mention that I am somewhat jaded as I was given a similiar message some years ago  in the form of a book  written
by the ghastly Dr Phil.

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Cinna

• Bear Hunter
  • "dreamy/dreamer"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2010, 11:48:42 am »
Call me the ultimate cynic, but the arts field is not exactly difficult to break into, if you have the slightest modicum of talent, nowadays. I mean, if the useless Tracy Emin can win an arts prize for showing an unmade bed she'd slept in (and Hirst  also winning the Turner prize for his utterly
 ludicrous shark in formaldehyde exhibit) then it is hardly difficult for other members of the public to demonstrate rather more talent than the former  in such fields. In the case of music, there are similiar hopeless examples as Emin  such as the various manufactured pop bands of today, George Michael etc. etc. etc. I'm sure you would easily shame them in any competition, SD.

I should mention that I am somewhat jaded as I was given a similiar message some years ago  in the form of a book  written
by the ghastly Dr Phil.

Hm. It's more than "breaking into" the arts field. I don't think true artists solely consider, "What can I do with the least amount of effort to achieve fame and fortune? How can I fool these idiots into believing this is 'art'?" I think art is about self-expression. If Tracy Emin succeeded in expressing herself the way her creative spirit moved her to, she is actually successful - whether she won an arts prize or not and whether people find her useless or not. It's about the act of creating and/or presenting something as art - the creation is kind of the byproduct - the creating/presenting is where the magic is, is how artists express themselves, and is how artists feel fulfilled (or seek fulfillment). Doesn't matter who hates it (the "art"). There will always be people who hate it or have no feelings toward it. :)

I'm gradually letting go of the idea that lack of talent is an excuse to not follow your heart. Heart/spirit/courage/presence/passion (I'm speaking from a performer's perspective) trumps technique and formal training - in my book. I will never be "the best" in my art, but I rather be a soulful and authentic (to me) performer than a brilliant technician who doesn't connect with her audience. We're all here to share our gifts. I'm a kind of joy-maker (or joy-bringer/joy-sharer). Breaking into the actual field feels secondary to breaking into "What are my gifts and how do I use my gifts to fulfill my life's purpose, whatever that is?" - that is what is difficult to break into and that is what is more significant. I think I'm trying to say, artists aren't just making art that will sell, win prizes, or be accepted as "art" or "great art." Artists are just creating because that's what they do... they can't help it. :)

I love George Michael! ;D

With respect, TD, you are jaded, man... Don't punish us because you read a book by Dr. Phil (just let it go)... we didn't make you read it. ;)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2010, 07:28:49 pm »
Well, to me, art is what one puts into it, so I don't view modern art(with rare exceptions such as Escher) as any good as the artist now makes no effort any more. Modern art went downhill, as soon as the Impressionists and that French guy, Duchamp re that urinal "artwork", appeared.

You do have a point I guess re lack of talent not necessarily being a hindrance. Ed Wood is a classic example, who was derided in his day, but his films are now cult-films, precisely because he did not know when to give up.

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk