Author Topic: Louna  (Read 22382 times)

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Louna
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2010, 09:02:47 am »
Just saw your pictures, you look very healthy. Good teeth, did your parents take particular care of prenatal nutrition and your nutrition when you were very young?

Anyway welcome and hopefully you can build on the good foundation you already have.

Offline Louna

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2010, 03:43:59 am »
:) Just saw your message.

No my parents don't take particullary care of nutrition, but in my opinion they like intuitively and by their education quite good nutrition.
My mother eat equilibrate things, she used to smoke a lot during few years and stopped when she learned a pregnancy, my father smoked few years and stopped just before my mother.
They both were thin before my birth, my father was very sportive guy and he make me tested all kind of stuff, including nutrition. He loves raw fish, raw meat, raw butter, raw oysters... (but he likes also many bad things, salt, bread, alcohol...).
My both grandmothers died recently at the age of 99, and lived at their home until the end in quite good shape.
Generally they ate quite natural food, except some things that surely causes their diseases.
Now my parents are in quite good condition at 60's, both have not much lost hair, my mother have almost no white hair.

Also my father always make me do lots of sports since very young, and listen and learn music ; he believes on an integral education developpement and I am very grateful to him for that.

Thanks for your kind words Kyle.
You look good on your profile photo, do you already posted pics of you in the forum ?

Offline Louna

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2010, 04:02:05 am »
I observe today that my front teeth have a little more space between, it's surprising after just 3 weeks on paleo (and the last on zero carb), I thought first I was dreaming, but no, it's really happened, and I can surely feel my jaw/teeth moving...
I had many fishes.

I feel very calm, I like very much. I do the things with no eagerness, peacefully.
My skin begin to glow, my body is relaxed, my hands are more open naturally.

Sometimes I feel heavy and too hot (I mean... I may sweat much more than before or just feel warm while others have many pullovers).

I am more muscled, my buttocks strenghting without doign anthing, amazing !!!  Also my flexibility is very good (did a flex yoga lesson today).  :)
I am still adjusting my diet to find what fit the best for me at this time, thinking of reintroduce or not some little fruits, will see later, for now ZC is ok.
I sleep well.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2010, 08:31:18 am »
I don't have many pictures on the forum, that's a good suggestion. I should take some and put them up on my journal so people can see how I'm doing with the diet I'm eating. I think there should be more pictures on sites like this, when I was posting on vegetarian sites years ago I was probably talking to a lot of unhealthy looking people who were preaching about what to do to be healthy.

Offline Louna

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2010, 02:39:22 pm »
Yes !  :)

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2010, 06:21:32 am »
I'm definitely an anomaly though.

I recently got deer from both my farmer and my wife's uncle.
The deer from my wife's uncle sits fine without any problems (he hunts in the woods far from crop fields).
The deer from my farmer, which has been gorging on corn from his neighbors' crops the last month or two, has caused minor indigestion and malaise to the point I won't eat it. The deer I got from him a couple months ago, from the same locale, sat fine without any issue as the corn was not mature enough for the deer to be eating extensively.

That's good to know. It wouldn't have occurred to me. There are some deer nearby, but they live next to the government experimental farm.
Cheers
Al

Offline Louna

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2010, 11:24:06 pm »
I was sarting to read from the beginning the long-road-journal of Lex,
and in the toilets an image came through my mind...

We maybe can compared the differents fuels needed by the body to the ones needed for a fire :
glucose will be the twig, helping for light the fire,
protein like log for keeping the fire alight,
fat like oil, for the fire lasts longer.

Insulin also could be compared to the sparks.

Offline Louna

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2010, 04:41:19 am »
Began the paleo diet 3 weeks ago...

I am having more and more pleasure for this raw paleo diet, feeling better each day.
Now 10 days ZC, just had 3 apples 3 days ago, and I didn't like the effect, excitation, glycemik pik, mental dispersion and finally get tired and bored with stomach pain.

I'm still adjusting the quantity of fat and protein.
Loving more and more red meat, beef in particulary a little oxygened, aging and with bone marrow. I'm a little surprised to like these food very quickly.
I read lots of testimonies and it helps a lot, for sure, thank you paleo fooders for that :)
I got a little bored of fish so I take less.
I eat liver, heart, very good...

My muscles are more developped and I am also more flexible, and very happy for that :)
My pcos syndrom seem to decrease, I ended up doubting that I could treat me, so that's a giant good news !
I am also surprised to not stress for the things I used to be.
Sometimes I feel like "high" with raw meat, I love that. Curious to experiment the high meat to see how far I could fly !

My skin is more white and clearer than before (fruits colored the skin I think).
We call the noble blood "blue blood", don't know really why as they are differents theories but I can see much more my vein, blue (maybe too much ?)...
Is that also happened to you on raw paleo, particullary zero carb ? Why is that happened ?

Offline Louna

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2010, 07:32:04 pm »
Some memories of my childhood nutrition came and I discusssed with my mother, so :
my father didn't want me to take to much sugar,
never had sodas or juice fruits,
meat, fish or eggs for each meal,
my father loves fat, like my grand-mother where I was often,
ate mainly home prepared food, simple.

It surely gives me some quite solid bases.

So, nobody observe blue veins ?!!!... bon... I may transform myself in a snake  :o

I was very happy, smiling and joking all the time when I was young, and you know what ? Yeah... it's coming back.   I lough a lot since few days.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 07:41:13 pm by Louna »

Offline Louna

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2010, 06:21:00 pm »
Limiting eggs because of the mucus it creates in the noise and the throat, and the decrease of the desire for its.

Louna in direct, for Louna's paleo channel...

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2010, 07:04:54 pm »
Where do you get your eggs from? My birds don't lay eggs in this season, the days are too short. I should put again a light in the hens-house and keep it alight till 11 pm. Last winter I had a few eggs that way. 
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2010, 11:55:02 pm »
So, nobody observe blue veins ?!!!... bon... I may transform myself in a snake  :o

possibly, but everyone's veins appear blue, they just usually have more crap in the tissue disguising it when unwell. It might seem more striking in color with pale skin than HGs or something but ideally the same in pronouncement. I'm not sure about pigmentation becoming lighter being as positive, could it just be a time of year thing as well? I havn't been out in the sun in ages and i'm still maintaining a decent color. I was ghosty much of my adolescence and early adulthood.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2010, 02:19:52 am »
Limiting eggs because of the mucus it creates in the noise and the throat, and the decrease of the desire for its.

Louna in direct, for Louna's paleo channel...
Best to play safe re raw eggs. Quite a large number of RVAFers have some sort of food-intolerance to raw eggs, however mild. I don't think that raw eggs are a useful major staple for those who have absolutely no problems with them, only as an extra, IMO.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2010, 02:34:19 am »
I guess the problem is the quality of the eggs. "Organic" eggs are not suitable because the hens are fed with heat dried grain including wheat and worse, industrial "organic"feed. Eggs from wild birds and see turtles (great, a delight) are the best, but quite difficult to get! Anyway, if the hens, ducks, geese are free range and not fed wheat and heated grain, no problem.

But the white and yolk should be eaten separately, so that if the white doesn't taste good it can by rejected.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 02:39:35 am by Iguana »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Louna

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2010, 06:16:06 am »
Thanks for replyed  :)

The organics eggs I get come from the department of Vendée and they were the best eggs I've ever eat, even if they maybe don't respond exactly of your criters Iguana.
Hens in total liberty eating what's everywhere and some grains which grow in the fields near them.
Don't know how is it possible to have eggs in this season, I will ask to my butcher.

Tyler, I also think eggs occasionnaly may be ok for me, but I ate too much in the paleo starting (maybe because of the glucose it contain  8) and maybe also for help to clean my liver ? Don't know.
Now I simply don't feel drown by them.

Like you KD, I used to look like a ghost younger, specially when I was smoking a lot of marijuana and having not a very good diet.
Now my skin is quite clear but not white and I don't look like unhealthy.
I am quite sure that my skin whitering is due to the stopping of fruits. I did several mono fruit diet for quite long time and observed that depending on what kind of fruits I ate, the color of my skin was changing.
It the same thing with my teeth : fruits color the teeth (specially when someone is on only fruits diet), and now my teeth become more white while I do nothing for that and rarely brush them (just with water).

Offline Louna

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2010, 03:28:02 am »
 :'(  I was feeling not very good today, missing sugar...
So I ate sugar...
3 apples, and chewed a lot.
And now I have classic intestinal pain (have always with fruits and vegetables, all fibers in fact).

Am I maso or is it just that sugar is so addictive, specially from my fruitarian recently past ?!   -\
I know my response, just want to share and maybe searching for encouragments in my zero carb adventure. I feel so good without fibers.
I had yesterday and today some discussions with friends orientated kind of fruitarians or vegetarians and share my story and I also saw a little sweet pig baby with his mother... and yes all these things participated for doubting and craving these apples.
Now I feel my teeth less clear and more fragiled, as usual with fruits... just have to be patient for that hard digestion now  :(
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 03:44:46 am by Louna »

Offline Cinna

• Bear Hunter
  • "dreamy/dreamer"
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2010, 02:07:50 pm »
:'(  I was feeling not very good today, missing sugar...
So I ate sugar...
3 apples, and chewed a lot.
And now I have classic intestinal pain (have always with fruits and vegetables, all fibers in fact).

Am I maso or is it just that sugar is so addictive, specially from my fruitarian recently past ?!   -\
I know my response, just want to share and maybe searching for encouragments in my zero carb adventure. I feel so good without fibers.

For sure, Louna, don't ever beat yourself up (mentally/emotionally) or feel guilty when you do eat three apples or some fruit every once in awhile - the indigestion is punishment enough. It makes sense that you would miss fruit a little sometimes. :)

If it makes you feel better, just tell yourself, "At least I didn't eat frozen yogurt with three different kinds of crushed chocolate bar toppings and Ghirardelli chocolate sauce and creamy caramel sauce, a slice of disappointing pizza, a small decaf gingerbread latte from Peet's (they are seasonal!), a blueberry muffin top, and a lemon poppyseed muffin within two days like some other RPDer might have..." Um, that's just a random "hypothetical" example... so compared to the random "hypothetical" example, you are doing just great. :)

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2010, 11:37:09 pm »
... "At least I didn't eat frozen yogurt with three different kinds of crushed chocolate bar toppings and Ghirardelli chocolate sauce and creamy caramel sauce, a slice of disappointing pizza, a small decaf gingerbread latte from Peet's (they are seasonal!), a blueberry muffin top, and a lemon poppyseed muffin within two days....

Hey how did you know all that!

Offline Louna

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2010, 02:14:04 am »
 ;D hey Cinna, you made me smile, thanks !

You're totally right for not cupabilize because hard digestion is already a good lesson.

I'm going more and more well on ZC path.
Yesterday I went to a contemporan dance class, and surprise, it was with profesionnals  :o  
The teacher is very good and tell me that for a first lesson I did very well ! For sure yoga helped me, but I'm impressed by the capacities of the body, if we give it the good foods.
Two years ago, I could'nt walk more than 10 minuts, and having pains days and nights and now I'm doing hard Yoga, and dancing !
I loved to dance yesterday. I wanted to take lessons for so many years...

I'm sure paleo, ZC for me helped a lot to realize projects, because the energy liberated by hard digestion can be put in others domains and right food give us amazing energy.

I am very well and happy. Hope it lasts ! and better !!!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 02:19:12 am by Louna »

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2010, 07:43:48 am »

great dieters binge alike

Offline Cinna

• Bear Hunter
  • "dreamy/dreamer"
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2010, 01:53:11 pm »

Haha! I don't know, Yuli - it just came to me! I have an incredible "imagination" when it comes to food. ;)

great dieters binge alike

Fo sho! :)  They binge "creative" too.

Offline Louna

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2010, 07:45:19 am »
  :) Hi !

ZC since 3 weeks now...
It is going quite well in the average for me, have more and more energy, can workout more, work more and with pleasure, my skin is better and better, so for that it's really great.

Just the big deal is for me to digest fat...
If I eat not many, I digest well but eat to much lean meat and feel with a big belly and hungry,
if I eat as much fat as I feel, I got intestine pain like I had before with all diets I've tested (fruitarian and others vegetarian and omnivorous).

It's like I'm having cramps, I can feel the intestines moving. Fibers do that, fat idem. Maybe just potatoes don't do that but they have many others inconvenients...
Some nights I just can't sleep, cause of the pain (fruits were doing the same thing).

So, do you have any idea or experiences to share with me that can put a light on my way ?

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2010, 07:51:00 am »
I don't know whats best to suggest, so both raw plants and raw fat make your stomach ache...
Hmm in this case I'd try some fermented bacteria products, so mainly natural Kefir and natural Saurkraut - those always solve any stomach issues for me.

You said potatoes don't do that to you...but those are definitaly not ZC lol... have you tried coconut oil or just plain butter?

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2010, 07:54:37 am »
Maybe you should just eat more of the meat.

If you can't digest/absorb all of the fat then it will sit in your gut and cause discomfort, until it's pushed out by diarrhoea/vomitting, or by other food such as plants, as pure fat can't pass through the large intestine by itself. Dairy/nuts are different as they contain other components which help digestion. Animal body fat is for storage, so is not easily digested/absorbed and so is more difficult to process.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 08:11:24 am by miles »
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline Louna

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2010, 07:57:54 am »
Thank you for your quick answer Yuli !

No potatoes are not at all ZC !  I remembered they calm my intestines for some times when I cheated on my fruitarian days.
Kephir and natural Saukraut, hmhm, maybe I will test Kephir cause cabbage are the most horrible for my sbelly and I fear to try them even if it's femented !

I would like to understand why my intestines give me so much pain, if it was only fiber, I would say it is because the fiber irritated the tubes, but why in that case fat hurt as well ?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk