Author Topic: Hi! Salutations from spain  (Read 8135 times)

Offline Living all Raw

• Forager
  • "Live life the fullest"
    • View Profile
Hi! Salutations from spain
« on: November 08, 2010, 04:31:52 pm »
Hello everybody! ;)
I am so happy to be part of this community! ;D
I've been a raw foodist (vegan) or at least tried but i couldn't. My body wanted some meat. I can eat no pasta, no cereal , no milk, no bread and nothing happens to me but i can't live without my lovely fruits and berries ,nuts and seeds,my herbs and spices and my lovely meat or fish. :-* They are part of me and i need that things to survive, to be absolutely happy and full of nutrition when i eat them. And i wanted to share my experience with the rest of the world. I am in transition so i am getting used to eating my new items (fish and meat, and eggs all raw). i have to find out where to buy them in great quality and when i am able to eat them during the day living my normal city life(where i spend nearly all day outside. So, my problem is that i can't bring some raw meat with me in the morning at 8am for example and not eating it till 14pm when i have time to eat lunch. And i use the ones that have been with salt like codfish, iberian ham, marinate meat or fish etc... Do you have a great way of preserving food during the day outside the fridge?

More or less my diet is this:
Fruits and berries in the morning  8am-9am
Green leaves with spices like mint 12am
Raw meat or fish -14pm
nuts and seeds -18pm
veggie juice or veggies(carrots, celery) or a beatted egg - at night

I am always improving my diet and following my instincs. I wish some day i'll have the resources near me to eat like a real paleo girl.
See you my new mates. -d

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Hi! Salutations from spain
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 04:49:39 pm »
Welcome!  Ole!
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 05:06:08 pm »
Welcome !

When I was working outside I brought fruits with me for lunch and I ate meat or fish at home in the evening with something else afterwards till I was full up. No breakfast.

I still more or less do the same now that I work at home.

But you can put your meat in a box and take it with you for lunch if you want. Especially if the meat is a bit aged and dry, it can be kept quite sometime in a box.

I'm not really far from the Spanish border now.

Francois
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Living all Raw

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 05:31:04 pm »
Thank you for the welcome! ;D
And eating fruit all day and meat or fish at night is a great idea but i have tried it and i can't because i arrive home at 22pm (spanish working hours=bullshit :() and i need to sleep early so i can get up at 7 am. and my tummy doesn't like to have food to digest at night -v. I prefer to eat the raw meat or fish for lunch. I'm sure i'll find out great ways of preserving it till i can eat it. like you said.
Thank you again my new friends! ;)
Lots of love!
See you!

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 06:54:03 pm »
Welcome to the forum!   

I more or less  used to do what Iguana did, before I got used to eating 1 large raw meal in the evenings.

1 option would be to buy your own dehydrator and make your own beef jerky. Dried meats are obviously easier to bring to work than standard raw meats.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 07:25:42 pm »
Welcome. :)

Meats & fish hold up perfectly fine outside of the fridge, particularly for only 6-8 hours. So long as you source out good quality meats it really shouldn't be a problem.
I personally put my lunch in a plastic bag and leave it on my desk until I'm ready for lunch. I make the bag at ~7AM and eat lunch at some point between 12PM and 4PM. At the most it sits out for 9 hours with no ill effects or noticeable change to the taste either.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 07:34:04 pm »

I concur. You don't even need a closed box as I stated. It's just that the smell of fish or aged meat may disturb your fellow-workers. 
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 09:41:47 pm »
Welcome!!   :)

I'm like the others, I eat when I get home. 

What part of Spain are you from??

Offline Living all Raw

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2010, 11:32:46 pm »
I am from Catalonia, BARCELONA. Big city. I wish i'll live in the country in the future....but time will say...
Because here in the city it is harder to find organic animals to buy, and they are veery expensive...  i eat more raw fresh fish than meat. At least i can eat good beef carpaccio and sashimis in some restaurants. Super chick :-* ;D

I love to go to the mountain or the beach on the weekend! it conects me with my true nature and releases my stress.
Do you enjoy going out to breath fresh air? and be sunbathed by the lovely sun? 8) I think they are two more ways to feed ourselves like paleo did! they spent most of the time ouside! :D what a pity i have to work all day in a shop! :(

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2010, 11:43:59 pm »
Do you enjoy going out to breath fresh air? and be sunbathed by the lovely sun? 8) I think they are two more ways to feed ourselves like paleo did! they spent most of the time ouside! :D what a pity i have to work all day in a shop! :(

Sometimes I feel these are more important than the minutiae of nutrition. I know when I can't get out in the sunshine for extended periods, my health takes a hit.

I would check into maybe some kind of recipes that might 'disguise' your meat somewhat. red meats don't tend to stink all that much left out for the first day or so. I brought a whole fish to work once awhile back and had a really annoying conversation with my employer because of it. Garnishes or herbs/grasses go along way to making chopped or ground meat look like restaurant fare. perhaps drop what you got in a fancy take-out carton.

Offline Living all Raw

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 02:13:44 am »
Ok! ;)
Thanks for all the tricks and advices! they'll be very useful! ;D
I'll take photos of my meals and then post them in the recipe section! :D and you tell me if i'm doing fine or what.
Thank you very much! to all of you!!! ;D
i'm happy to finaly be in peace with my mind and body and find some people who understands me so well!
See youu soon my new lovely friends! 8)

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2010, 03:32:31 am »
Welcome! Wishing you a wonderful raw paleo diet year!
bugs or country chickens

Offline White Tiger

• Forager
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2010, 11:00:06 pm »
Hola!

I stumbled upon this bit of information whilst google-ing for grass-fed meat in Spain. http://bit.ly/cZyCN1

I'm staying in a village near Madrid myself but because of my dodgy Spanish I've had to make do with the lamb and beef, which may or may not be 100% grass-fed, from the butcher's shop down the road. Mind you it tastes very good, salty and herbaceous.

I only buy whole leg of lamb or whole rack of chops as I found that the butcher doesn't bother wiping, let alone rinse his knife after sharpening it (something he does every time before cutting into the meat) and the metallic taste was rather off-putting when I had my meat cut into smaller chunks.

Anyway any hints about getting hold of grass-fed meat in Spain would be much appreciated! I contacted the Demeter and Slow Food organisation in Spain but didn't get over because of the language barrier.

Cheers!

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2010, 11:09:56 pm »
Hola!
Anyway any hints about getting hold of grass-fed meat in Spain would be much appreciated! I contacted the Demeter and Slow Food organisation in Spain but didn't get over because of the language barrier.

Cheers!

cool blog man! I have come across it before. Looks like we have a similar approach to pulling from different angles. Don't have any advice per your present request but nice to see you posting.

Offline Living all Raw

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2010, 08:01:32 pm »
Hi white tiger! ;)
I buy organic meat in: www.ecoviand.com 
take a look and if you need any translation feel free to ask me.
See you! :-*

Offline Gwadatraveller

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2011, 05:48:18 am »
Hey "living all raw",

I am new, too and also residing in the nice Catalan city Barcelona.
My past is a vegan one according to yours - until I couldn't stand it anymore: I suffered, I got weaker and turned pale as a sheet. So I stopped this kind of nutrition and am now looking for a new spiritual way of eating.
As I don't know any person "in real life" being part of the "raw paleo tribe", I have to read a lot and get to know what it's like living like that. Of course, eating raw fish is not the challenge I am pointing out (I have sushi experience), but the first consumption of raw meat could be a strange one, I guess. :-)
Hope to learn from you all,

saludos desde Barcelona y hasta pronto

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2011, 10:05:04 am »
Thank you for the welcome! ;D
And eating fruit all day and meat or fish at night is a great idea but i have tried it and i can't because i arrive home at 22pm (spanish working hours=bullshit :() and i need to sleep early so i can get up at 7 am. and my tummy doesn't like to have food to digest at night -v. I prefer to eat the raw meat or fish for lunch. I'm sure i'll find out great ways of preserving it till i can eat it. like you said.
Thank you again my new friends! ;)
Lots of love!
See you!

I was concerned a little about my meat being fresh but my (honestly, limited) experience so far has been that meat is perfectly edible raw as long as it is fresh when you take it out in the morning.  I will thaw out some meat a day or so beforehand, then put it in the fridge.  The day I eat it I take it out and do any preparation that I need to do in the morning (adding pepper, spices or whatever) but otherwise the meat stays at room temp all day, I just leave it in its container in the lunch room at my work.  A lunch pail might be handy for you.  Anyway, if the meat is fresh it should be just fine.  At home I stick it in the fridge on a plate and turn it over every so often, hoping it will dry out a bit.  High quality meat is pretty forgiving stuff, I am sure that with time, I will get used to eating it rotten, dried, fermented, etc.

Ryan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk