Author Topic: Testicles  (Read 23689 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Testicles
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2009, 10:35:44 pm »
Check the usda nutrient database.The data might well be there.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2009, 11:06:05 pm »
Hi Tyler,  the site is surprisingly easy to use, just found it now, thanks for the suggestion.  It doesn't have it though: http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/cgi-bin/nut_search_new.pl, unless it's called something else.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline popeye

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2009, 01:57:06 am »
No, it would definitely be under something called "nut_search_new.pl"

alphagruis

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2009, 02:22:04 am »
     I wonder, why are the ovaries so much smaller than the testicles?  Are they from younger animals?

It seems not to be related to the age of the animal. Testicles are usually bigger than ovaries for many species (typically 30 cm3 versus 7 cm3 for homo sapiens). I guess it's rather a matter of "factory size". Testicles have to produce a tremendously large number of mature spermatozoa whereas ovaries have to produce only a very modest number of ovules.
 This in turn reflects the different strategies for reproductive success of males and females, respectively wastefull generosity and high care.  :)  

alphagruis

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2009, 02:54:59 am »

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2009, 12:20:57 pm »
it looks like im gonna be trying some lamb or goat balls soon...

i was talking to a lady who sells grassfed lamb and goat at the farmers market on wednesday and i asked her if she ever had organs for sale. she said she didnt usually bring them to the market and she 'wasn't allowed' to sell the fryers (testicles) but she had them in her freezer at home. but then she said she would sell them to me. i guess because i buy from her a lot. anyways, she said she'd bring some the the saturday market. it's gonna get interesting.

also, this got me cracking up. but now im a little scared:

which state are you in? i'd love to buy from that lady too. is it grass fed? thanks
bugs or country chickens

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2009, 01:48:21 pm »
im in texas. i've had grass fed goat and lamb testicles from her. i told her they were for my dog - no questions asked. i actually didnt like the lamb ones so they're still in my freezer.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2009, 04:25:21 am »
im in texas. i've had grass fed goat and lamb testicles from her. i told her they were for my dog - no questions asked. i actually didnt like the lamb ones so they're still in my freezer.
too bad that i live in nj. still i wish i can pay her for shipping. thanks a lot for this information. i'm new in this diet and the whole food near my house is sucks . i just can't order anything except the livers. thanks again and enjoy eating them.
bugs or country chickens

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2009, 04:36:45 am »
  Hi, try Northstar  Bison.  You can google the name.  they have everything but back fat.  It's where I get 90 percent of my food right now.  Some of the best meat in the world, for their bison live on pristine green fields of grass, at least right now, before the snow comes.    Plus their shipping is so reasonable.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2009, 04:40:31 am »
thanks van. i'll try that for sure.
bugs or country chickens

carnivore

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2010, 01:05:52 am »
I ate 2 lamb testicles and it was really great!
I cut the testicles in slices and let it dry at room temperature during 10 days.

In France, it is a common food that one can find in the shops. We call them white kidney ("rognon blanc") or animelle.

I didn't find anything in nutritiondata about testicles. I know that sperm is a very nutritious food...

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2010, 01:11:18 am »
>_<

5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2010, 08:22:23 am »
gross, bison or bull testicles are colorados state food i think
"rocky mountain oysters"
do they really still have sperm in them though? wouldnt it drain out?
 -v

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2010, 10:17:14 am »
the testicles I ate look like Uni or sea urchin, bright to pale organge.  They are solid, not little or big sacks filled with semen.  I think the semen is in the prostrate?

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2010, 01:23:49 pm »
i ate ram's testicles and i gave my toddler from that. very delicious.  ;)
bugs or country chickens

carnivore

« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2010, 04:21:08 pm »
Well, yesterday I had a bit of diarrhea, and this morning a light headache... A bit high probably for me.  -d
But the tests definitively increase my libido.

alphagruis

« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2010, 06:32:32 pm »
Tests as well as semen contain a substantial quantity of testosterone, the hormone that determines the libido. Possibly at least part of this testosterone gets into the blood stream when present in ingested food.

For the fanatic anti-carb and anti-fructose devotees notice that semen contains fructose and sorbitol ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semen
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 06:37:35 pm by alphagruis »

carnivore

« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2010, 07:15:45 pm »
Tests as well as semen contain a substantial quantity of testosterone, the hormone that determines the libido. Possibly at least part of this testosterone gets into the blood stream when present in ingested food.

For the fanatic anti-carb and anti-fructose devotees notice that semen contains fructose and sorbitol ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semen

Carbs are definitively everywhere!
ZC looks like a whim.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2010, 06:10:11 am »
i ate ram's testicles and i gave my toddler from that. very delicious.  ;)
AFAIK women shouldn't eat testicles - it's hormone-related issue
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

alphagruis

« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2010, 08:07:38 pm »
AFAIK women shouldn't eat testicles - it's hormone-related issue

I'm wondering whether this is really true or not. Healthy women's organisms produce a small (but important for instance for sex drive and libido) quantity of testosterone, anyway. The quantity of testosterone brought about by the testicles as food is also small and probably only part of it survives the digestive process. Testosterone derives from cholesterol.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2010, 10:10:02 pm »
I'm wondering whether this is really true or not. Healthy women's organisms produce a small (but important for instance for sex drive and libido) quantity of testosterone, anyway. The quantity of testosterone brought about by the testicles as food is also small and probably only part of it survives the digestive process. Testosterone derives from cholesterol.

I think people should eat what they like to eat, as long as it is a "living food" (something that grows good bacteria in you).  I tried buffalo testicle, but I really didn't like the textures (for a regular food) nor flavor.  I don't plan to get them again, as I didn't like eating any, and my cats didn't do so well on it either. 
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2010, 11:28:37 pm »
rawzi...would you eat ovaries?  not that i assume they are appealing to you but if you had a supply or a few on a plate? 

alphagruis

« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2010, 12:03:55 am »
   I think people should eat what they like to eat, as long as it is a "living food" (something that grows good bacteria in you).  I tried buffalo testicle, but I really didn't like the textures (for a regular food) nor flavor.  I don't plan to get them again, as I didn't like eating any, and my cats didn't do so well on it either. 

I agree, eating something must be pleasurable and if possible delicious.

I never ate sexual glands (tests or ovaries) from land mammals, just routinely those from crabs or fishs (whole anchovies, not gutted) or shellfishs which are usually delicious.

I intend to try bull or boar tests if I can get some. As Carnivore told us, I'll cut them in slices and dry them a little bit. I eat almost all organs (liver, kidney...) in this way because they taste better than fresh. 

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2010, 12:08:35 am »
i am assuming fish and crustaceans do not produce the same hormones as humans? and that the vitamins/minerals/fats inherent in their bodies are what promotes proper sexual health function in humans?

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2010, 12:11:04 am »
Udders are supposedly toothsome - they are fatty :)
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk