Author Topic: Raw butter vs cultured butter? Cow vs Goat  (Read 5188 times)

Offline Coatue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Raw butter vs cultured butter? Cow vs Goat
« on: November 14, 2010, 01:59:59 pm »
Can anyone tell me the difference between the two? And which is better to consume? Also, is Cow's butter or  Goat's better for human consumption?

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
Re: Raw butter vs cultured butter? Cow vs Goat
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 06:06:08 pm »
Can anyone tell me the difference between the two? And which is better to consume? Also, is Cow's butter or  Goat's better for human consumption?
Raw butter has more carb than raw cultured butter (more expansive and hard to find). Goat milk (carry some vit D) or butter is always better than cow milk.
bugs or country chickens

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 08:25:38 pm »
    AV says cow products are better than goat for healing, and he's likely right.  Cow butter is also easier to make without special equipment.  It's less expensive too.  Goat butter is said to have better vitamin A.  It tastes good too, almost coconutty.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 08:30:43 pm »
    I've never tried cultured goat butter.  Cow butter tastes creamy.  Cultured cow butter can taste cheesy if it's cultured to that.  I had goat cream recently that tasted like sour cream.  I should make it into butter next time if I have it, and see how that tastes.    All these butters I'm mentioning plain or cultured are raw when I have them.  
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Coatue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 04:14:42 am »
Is cultured somehow better than regular raw butter?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 04:17:07 am »
Goat's dairy is usually recommended for those with allergies to cows' dairy as it is closer to human milk re content.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk