Author Topic: Zero Carb TEA? thoughts/opinion  (Read 9788 times)

Offline the PresiDenT

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Zero Carb TEA? thoughts/opinion
« on: November 17, 2010, 08:05:27 am »
i went to have a nice warm cup of... wait all tea is from a carb source. hmmmmm i thought. i said f it and had some organic peppermint tea which was bomb, but what do some of u more experienced ZCer's drink for a warm nice drink?

i dont drink coffee, and tea maybe weekly, but alternatives? ty
The price is wrong Bob

Offline Coatue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Zero Carb TEA? thoughts/opinion
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 08:53:26 am »
Do what every you want dude! I don't think a cup of Tea will kill you whether cavemen did it or not, while so many things that are out of your control could. Get stoned, drink tea and enjoy life a little  -d! Just don't over do it. Everything in moderation is key.  ;)

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 09:02:36 am »
Just don't over do it. Everything in moderation is key.  ;)
Exactly.
I personally do not drink tea anymore. Regular tea is unpleasant to me with it's tannins now and I haven't had a desire for herbal teas. Maybe I should have a cup of chamomile or peppermint (my two favorite herbal teas( during winter and see how I like it on a freezing day.
I don't see anything wrong with a cup of herbal tea here or there but think multiple cups a day is excessive.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline the PresiDenT

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 09:27:25 am »
my thoughts as well. as for getting stoned while on rzc, it is bomb, but i am fiend and if i do it once i become a perma fry basically :(  literally. breakfast lunch dinner. not really high, but just one toke. its stilll a problem thou as i am not as happy wehn not using, and using becomes all i look forward too.
The price is wrong Bob

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 10:44:37 am »
Tea has only 0.5g of carbs, way less then some organs, so I wouldn't worry about it.
Peppermint tea is one of my favorites too...

I don't see anything wrong with a cup of herbal tea here or there but think multiple cups a day is excessive.

How did you come to that conclusion? Doesn't it depend what teas you are drinking?  ???

------

Sometimes I get annoyed when people say herbal tea because it has no caffeine, as the caffeine teas are also made of herbs lol

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2010, 11:40:24 am »
my thoughts as well. as for getting stoned while on rzc, it is bomb, but i am fiend and if i do it once i become a perma fry basically :(  literally. breakfast lunch dinner. not really high, but just one toke. its stilll a problem thou as i am not as happy wehn not using, and using becomes all i look forward too.

LOL that is because doctors put you on amphetamines and turned you into a fiend, I was the same exact way when I used cannabis to stop needing ritalin. Just a toke four maybe six times a day, most people had no clue! now thanks to eating almost all RAF, I have self control I could never have imagined and no need to smoke. however a toke once and a while is bomb. Just in remembrance of the herb that saved my life. and who in their right mind could turn away a hit of some turkish hash?  8)

Offline Coatue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2010, 11:56:41 am »
my thoughts as well. as for getting stoned while on rzc, it is bomb, but i am fiend and if i do it once i become a perma fry basically :(  literally. breakfast lunch dinner. not really high, but just one toke. its stilll a problem thou as i am not as happy wehn not using, and using becomes all i look forward too.

Yeah man...I totally agree. Though I find I go right for sugary things when I blaze.

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2010, 09:00:45 pm »
How did you come to that conclusion? Doesn't it depend what teas you are drinking?  ???
To me the herbs used in an herbal tea are medicinal. I use fresh herbs so it's stronger. I wouldn't drink multiple cups of willow bark tea just like I wouldn't drink multiple cups of chamomile. This is personal opinion though.

Sometimes I get annoyed when people say herbal tea because it has no caffeine, as the caffeine teas are also made of herbs lol
I differentiate as "Tea" is a common reference to steeped drinks made from Tea leaves.
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2010, 08:21:20 am »
...I differentiate as "Tea" is a common reference to steeped drinks made from Tea leaves.

In my first language the word "chai" means tea in the general term of a drink made out of steeped herbs, but here Chai is a spiced tea. I know that Tea specifically is Tea leaves, like oolong or green and black tea, but I thought it is mostly used for the general term to describe drinks with any types of steeped herbs. This is why people say "herbal tea" or "medicinal tea"...its always 'something'-tea, because tea has that general definition?

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2010, 08:31:00 am »
This is why people say "herbal tea" or "medicinal tea"...its always 'something'-tea, because tea has that general definition?
Yes, although it may possibly be a regional thing. Americans, depending on where in the country they are, have lots of words to describe the same thing. If you ask four Americans from different parts of the country what this (pretend I'm holding up a bottle of soda) is one might describe it as soda, another as pop, another as cola (irrelevant of if it cola or another type of soda), and a last as coke (again, irrelevant of it being Coca-Cola). We're too large a country with too many people to easily peg a particular term. Here in the northeast "Tea" refers to black tea most often. Green/white/etc are usually called out as such.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2010, 08:37:24 am »
This is why English can be so confusing, with all the regional definitions, nothing I can avoid of course.
lol, last time my cat had an eye irritation and I wanted to wash it out with some black tea, so I told my dad to go buy black tea, he was like "huh", I told just simple TEA...he's like ok....he comes back with a spiced Chai (lol because in his language simple black tea is called Chai), this sort of confusions are happening all the time ><

Offline the PresiDenT

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2010, 12:50:45 pm »
i always feel english is like dumb people newspeak like in 1984
The price is wrong Bob

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2010, 12:55:15 pm »
i always feel english is like dumb people newspeak like in 1984

That's just the Canadian coming through; dumb people can't hide behind a good language. ;)
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2010, 01:00:02 pm »
No, all English has a bunch of nonsensical exceptions in both pronunciation, meaning and context, especially when its your second or third language its very pronounced. But regardless of all that I still like English very much :) .

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2010, 10:25:49 pm »
I have a confession to make. I have forsaken all tea drinking accept for a cup of chamomile once in a full moon to keep me from howling like a ware wolf. I will also drink a cup of decaff coffee about once a week or so. It seems to be good for me and I enjoy the taste, so I indulge. Even pre paleo I never tolerated caffeine very well, something on my fathers side of the family gives us headaches even after small amounts. The family is split between people who have to drink it every day because of addiction, and people who never built up enough tolerance to become addicted.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2010, 05:10:31 am »
I drink copious amounts of tea. I love tea, and tea is zc to me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk