0 (0%)
1 large meal a day, with occasional whole-day fasts here and there
1 (7.1%)
4 meals a day
3 (21.4%)
Other
2 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Eating-patterns  (Read 2417 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Eating-patterns
« on: November 20, 2010, 10:45:25 pm »
I am curious to know what eating-patterns people have.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
Re: Eating-patterns
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 12:09:05 am »
I don't put myself into any of these chatagories that u've mentioned. I do fast for religious purpose, I eat when I'm hungry. That means sometimes I eat large meal and rest of the day, I don't eat anything or I eat small meals all day long. After taking care of my family, I pay attention on me. So it is hard to put myself into a catagory.

My son who's three yrs old eats 2 meals a day and so does my husband.
bugs or country chickens

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 01:13:25 am »
I voted one meal a day because it was the best option.

But like Raw said, I also tend to be random and eat when I am hungry. So USUALLY its one prolonged meal that lasts a few hours, but sometimes I fluctuate to two meals etc...

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 02:58:29 am »
My pattern is also random.
I follow sequential eating - I begin with the fruits, then after 1-2 hours, sometimes even more, meat and fat, couple of hours for digestion, and then the next portion of the meat and fat.
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 05:40:24 am »
For me it varies from day to day. Nothing set, just depends what I feel like. I did go for ~6 months eating one meal a day every day, meat only, but only because the whole time I never felt in the slightest bit like doing anything else.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2010, 06:23:09 am »
I do a light breakfast usually an egg yolk, small piece of highmeat, and some meat and fat. A mason jar of meat and fat for lunch(sometimes I only eat a few small pieces and leave the rest for dinner)  An extended large dinner When I come home from work I will sometimes eat an egg yolk and drink a glass of lemon water while preparing cuts of meat and fat, sometimes I will have a few oysters or a bit of marrow while waiting for the main meal, and then by 7:00 I will feast.

I  would say that I get half my calories during the last meal and the other meals are about on quarter. Sometimes I skip breakfast and othertimes I skip lunch and eat two meals a day. Once a month I will go  on about a day or day in a half fast. No real ritual or reason behind any of my habits other than It feels right for me. Sometimes if I am out of fat I will make it my fasting day,and Sometimes I will gorge on a huge dinner and not feel hungry to later the next day, but for the most part because of my work schedule I will eat breakfast 7am lunch 12 pm and dinner 7pm, that leaves my 12 hour each day between the main meal and breakfast. If I eat too late I still feel full in the morning and it keeps me from eatting breakfast.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk