Author Topic: Recipe for Living Without Disease by Aajonus Vonderplanitz  (Read 5296 times)

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
Recipe for Living Without Disease by Aajonus Vonderplanitz
« on: November 29, 2010, 08:39:16 am »
I'm re-reading this after quickly skimming it the first time. Here's a good quote from the book:

"People have been conditioned, in the name of 'advanced' technological living, that anything 'raw' or 'primitive' is bad, and that technology at any price is good. The words 'raw' and 'primitive' have been propagandized to mean unclean, gross and disease-causing."
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline King Salmon

• Elder
  • Eating the best realistic diet
    • View Profile
Re: Recipe for Living Without Disease by Aajonus Vonderplanitz
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 11:39:58 am »
Of course.How else would they sell ovens,cookware,processed foods...etc?

I remember when I was a kid.I got scammed by this dude named "Tony the Tiger". Then,"Count Chocula" came by and really screwed me up -d

"Silly rabbit,Trix are for kids!"  >D
"Eat the best of what's available and call it a day"

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Re: Recipe for Living Without Disease by Aajonus Vonderplanitz
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 01:25:05 am »
"People have been conditioned, in the name of 'advanced' technological living, that anything 'raw' or 'primitive' is bad, and that technology at any price is good. The words 'raw' and 'primitive' have been propagandized ..."

... like those two words mean unfinished and not complete yet.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk