Author Topic: Any cures for auditory processing.  (Read 7315 times)

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
Any cures for auditory processing.
« on: December 08, 2010, 11:22:41 pm »
Hey guys, my girlfriend has an auditory processing disorder. She is completely fine socially and is a great person, however she struggles in academics. I try to help her, but it is hard to with all the work I have as well.

She basically cannot comprehend what people say sometimes because of the way she hears things. It really sucks because I know she is a very smart girl, but this holds her back.
This is a condition where many grow out of, but I dont know whether she can or not. I have heard of synapse training, where a psychologist and speech pathologist help people train their synapses and many times can cure this but IDK.

I was wondering if you guys know if anything would help. Do you guys think this diet would help this at all. I am slowly trying to introduce raw food. I got her to like raw milk, vegetables, and dairy, but it will be a while, probably years, til raw meat. Please guys help... :)
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

"There is a lot of pressure to be sexualized but not to actually be sexual."
- women's health member

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Re: Any cures for auditory processing.
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 12:12:06 am »
    I had gotten a little "brain fog" that was lasting for a few years before I started eating the primal diet.  Brainfog is something people with thyroid and autoimmune disorders get.  Eating the diet did clear it up.  I don't know if your gf has any brainfog or how she wants to eat.  Has the raw dairy and vegetables helped it at all?  I think part of what helped me is the very high fat ratio.  Also the green juices, butter and eggs I think helped the most.  Of course raw meat helps, but I think I noticed the most differences with those other three.  I think highmeat helps, but I don't expect her to try that.  Like her, I was more daring with the raw dairy, and started that first. 

It didn't take me two months to try the meat though, as my specific aim was to be on that full diet (PD), in the way I read about it in AV's books.  It did take me a lot longer to try high meat, almost a year.  The books didn't have a plan as high fat as I was eating, I think they have about three plans, honestly I have not looked at any of it recently.  I just figured out how to started by studying the book and other material and comparing and noting according to what I knew about my body in reference to what it said was good for each health condition. 
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 12:43:02 am »
Thanks, and I do have his books but they don't say anything about the APD. The reason why I say probably years til raw meat is because I expect that she would only commit to the diet if we lived together, and I purchased the food, which would be in a couple years. It's difficult being in a college dorm and doing this diet. I can't wait to get my apartment this summer.

Also, I feel that the more she trusts me and my knowledge with the diet, the more she will want to try it. Honestly, I'm just happy that she accepts me and my diet because I know most girls would wanna run from that, but she is completely cool with it. She even thinks it's cool that I do this diet and feels that it is the reason why I am such good shape.

I just wanna help her in any way possible and I will try to. I am not expecting her to get rid of this issue completely, if she does that would be great for her, but if she doesn't its fine and I'll accept and love her with or without APD.

Also, it is important to note that APD is not a learning disability like ADHD, but rather a false signal in the way that the brain processes what you hear.

Also, I'm just curious Rawzi, have you noticed any improvements regarding menstrual cramps and pains when converting to this diet?
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

- women's health member

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 01:12:29 am »
I'm just curious Rawzi, have you noticed any improvements regarding menstrual cramps and pains when converting to this diet?

Oh yes.  For about seven years prior to starting this diet, my breasts were tender before menstruation, I got headaches and backaches before menstruation, and lots of cramps at those times too.  Also, it was not stable, as the symptoms were increasing in duration, so you could say it was stably getting worse.  The time between my periods was getting shorter and the PMS was ever present and getting worse in a number of ways.

Doing this diet my periods started taking a month to come again, the PMS is normally not there at all now (no cramps in particular), my periods are back to normal duration, as before for those seven years the periods too were too long. 
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 04:55:42 am »
Doing this diet my periods started taking a month to come again, the PMS is normally not there at all now (no cramps in particular), my periods are back to normal duration, as before for those seven years the periods too were too long. 
I get the same experience. My period was horrible like excessive bleeding and for at least half a month and couple of times it runs for a month or even more until I get into the hospitals.

On raw paleo diet, we all get benefit more or less and anything would be possible. Strong will is very important to heal.
bugs or country chickens

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2010, 06:02:53 am »
I used to have really bad cramps too, nothing to go to the hospital for but I'd be feeling too in pain to do anything worthwhile.

Now my cramps are non-existent, and my menstruation only lasts 2.5 days  :D
However the amount of blood that occurs is ridiculous - like I slaughtered a pig lol. Perhaps I still bleed a lot because I still include cooked foods from time to time, I don't know...
But I'd rather have more blood and no cramps then the other way around so its cool.

Raw you had your period for a whole month! Holy crap! I am gad you are better now.
The longest I had it for was like 8 days and I was pissed about it so I can imagine how bad you felt.

Oh and I also noticed that it took over a month to get my period after eating lots of raw meat, but then it re-stabilized.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2010, 11:01:19 am »
You literally described exactly what I had my whole life! I don't seem to have any problems in class but when I'm talking with friends I had to ask them to repeat themselves very often even though I have exceptional hearing. Cooked paleo DEFINATELY helps, I haven't been on raw paleo for a long enough amount of times to give any info on those benefits. I still have slight issues but I don't need my friends to repeat themselves nearly as often.

Lol I didn't even know the name of it, so thanks.

Edit: Forgot to mention I use to never listen to music because I could never understand the lyrics, but now its much better and I got an ipod ;D
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 11:06:48 am by kurite »
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2010, 01:44:22 am »
You literally described exactly what I had my whole life! I don't seem to have any problems in class but when I'm talking with friends I had to ask them to repeat themselves very often even though I have exceptional hearing. Cooked paleo DEFINATELY helps, I haven't been on raw paleo for a long enough amount of times to give any info on those benefits. I still have slight issues but I don't need my friends to repeat themselves nearly as often.

Lol I didn't even know the name of it, so thanks.

Edit: Forgot to mention I use to never listen to music because I could never understand the lyrics, but now its much better and I got an ipod ;D

Yeah, its highly underdiagnosed. Most people dont know this but we dont actually hear with our ears. Our ears just send signals to our brain, which our brain then interprets through synapses and the auditory parts of the brain. It's weird like people with auditory processing will sometimes hear someone say something completely different than what they actually said.

- women's health member

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2010, 05:47:47 am »
Yep I often thought people were saying things that they weren't and missing a lot of what they say.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2010, 05:58:16 am »
Some of the trigger point stuff I do may help, but there is a learning curve. PM me if you want more info.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2010, 06:26:38 am »
Cayenne tincture,
Cayenne tea,
plus Ginko Biloba

See Dr. Schultz brain formula.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk