Poll

Do you have them?

Born without them
They shrunk away
Tonsilectomy
Still have them
They've shrunken a little
Mine do not look rounded or something other than the above options.

Author Topic: Tonsils  (Read 11568 times)

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Tonsils
« on: December 14, 2010, 03:08:47 am »
    I still have full size tonsils.

My son does not.  He wasn't operated, they just shrunk.  I was surprised to see that.    

The rest of my family does not have tonsils.  Half of the members shrunk, half of the members had tonsilectomies.

I'm thinking shrinking is not hereditary.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Tonsils
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 03:10:10 am »
My dad was a pharmacist. He refused to allow his children to have them removed. So I have them.
Cheers
Al

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 03:55:58 am »
I have mine, I am very very much against REMOVAL of body organs and parts unless death is imminent.
Never heard of them disappearing by themselves, it could be a genetic mutation or an adaptation, meaning that the body gets rid of them naturaly before they become sick.

Offline michaelwh

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 03:59:44 am »
I have my tonsils. But my left tonsil looks shrunken/deformed. It's been like that for as long as I can remember.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 04:01:27 am »
    There seems to be a trend here.  Maybe only people destined to eat raw meat keep the tonsil part of their immune system.

Michael, was your diet really bad before you ate raw meat?  Were you careful about your diet?

Yuli, I have had many tonsil infections.  Before RAF my tonsils looked terrible.  They're pink and normal size now, I guess the size is normal, it's the size I've seen in children.  This is weird to me, being that in my family no one else had visible tonsils, just shrunken to nothing.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 04:22:25 am »
I have my tonsils. But my left tonsil looks shrunken/deformed. It's been like that for as long as I can remember.

Interesting, I just re-examined mine and like your, the left one is smaller then the right! Maybe its something with being right handed and left handed lol...neither of my tonsils are large though, I'd say both are pretty small and the left one tiny, and have always been that size except when I had bad flu a few times in my life and they looked bigger and very red/swollen.

I don't know whats a 'normal' size for tonsils, I think varying sizes are natural, and some maybe there but tiny and hard to see.
Is it bad to have small ones or big ones?
I heard the people with the very large ones will have them infected/swollen more often is that true?

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2010, 04:26:00 am »
I heard the people with the very large ones will have them infected/swollen more often is that true?

Mine used to be large.  Like I said, I used to have tonsilitis a lot.

Offline subfarm

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2010, 05:03:00 am »
 I have all my parts still- close call with my gall bladder though.  I hope I never have to have abdominal surgery, someone told me they automatically take your appendix. I would be livid.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2010, 05:39:14 am »
In my father's day, the doctors were even more idiotic than now, as they believed that tonsils served no purpose. The result is that my father's tonsils were removed for no good reason after some minor infection of his during childhood, something he regretted for the rest of his life.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline subfarm

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2010, 05:49:44 am »
My brother in law just had his removed at age 31. He couldn't eat solid food for 2 weeks, and he was in an extreme amount of pain. I hope mine don't crap out on me.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2010, 06:04:28 am »
The result is that my father's tonsils were removed for no good reason after some minor infection of his during childhood, something he regretted for the rest of his life.

Here in the US they didn't wait for even a small infection.  If you had three kids in your family and only one got a small infection, all the kids had to have their tonsils out.  Some of the operatees regretted it later on.  

I read in Back to Eden, a vegetarian guidebook with probably hundreds of diseases listed, that the disease caused by eating meat (cooked I'm sure) is tonsilitis.  This book was written in about 1930.  There are lots of soy and corn recipes in it.

Anyway, maybe the doctors figured if the oldest child couldn't tolerate cooked meat, then their little brothers and sisters would have similar genetics as to food tolerations.  Either that or they wished they could sterilize them :).  So, maybe they thought it would save time to take out tonsils all at once ahead of time, before suffering from infections in susceptible families to the disease.  Several birds with one stone then, as without the tonsils, they could probably tolerate the cooked meat, and get on with eating whatever's available.  You can always cook meat and put it in a can so it will last longer in the cupboard.  That's where they were heading shortly after that.

My tonsils were a big reason I didn't eat meat for so long.  Staying away from (cooked) meat kept tonsilitis away from me.  On the few instances I was given something with traces of poultry broth, my tonsils "screamed" at me (meaning I got tonsilitis).  It can be hard having to be with people of diverse diets. 

« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 06:11:20 am by RawZi »

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2010, 08:39:41 am »
I have mine, I am very very much against REMOVAL of body organs and parts unless death is imminent.
Never heard of them disappearing by themselves, it could be a genetic mutation or an adaptation, meaning that the body gets rid of them naturaly before they become sick.

Or maybe someone was drugging their neighbourhood and removing their tonsils whilst they were unconscious, to sell on the black-market.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline subfarm

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2010, 11:15:07 am »
I think that tonsils are supposed to shrink as we get older. I don't know if they vanish or not.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2010, 11:39:10 am »
My tonsils would get swollen and hurt for weeks on end after I got ill after a mono infection, for years they would swell and hurt along with my other glands. I haven't had a single episode since I changed my diet and my tonsils have been healed and look better than ever, they used to be red and have these white bumps on them. Even if your tonsils are stricken , it doesn't mean you have to have them out, it is a sign that your immune system is under direct attack, the tonsils are the first line of deffence and If they get chronically infected then its a sign of immune issues, issues that wont resolve by them out. Chronic infections can cause enough damage that removing the tonsils could relieve some of the pain, but it may compromise the greater immune system in the long run by taking out a piece of the front line deffence

I have family members who had them removed and years latter they grew completely back, Tonsils are an important part of the immune system that need to be healed and nurtured if they get infected, not removed.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2010, 12:05:45 pm »

Cool.

New info.  I thought there weren't any tonsils in my son's throat.  I looked better now (dental type mirror etc).  They are there.  They are small, and you have to look down his throat to see them.  They are definitely tonsils.  One is bigger than the other as well, similar to several of the posters' are above.

Offline SteakNchop

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2010, 01:47:29 pm »
I still have my tonsils. My parents were of the belief that it would be outright stupid to get rid of them. They thought the same thing about vaccines after the first few I got. I'm glad that my parents had enough knowledge to go against common wisdom.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2010, 02:05:55 pm »
My parents were of the belief that it would be outright stupid to get rid of them. They thought the same thing about vaccines after the first few I got.

We found friends with better advice after a year too with my son.  He had much less vaccines than his classmates.  It showed too in his iridology, less vaccine marks in his eyes.  I'm amazed how they can see these things.  With some people saying children get autism right after the year and a half vaccine, we may have hit it lucky there.

Have your tonsils shrunken at all too?  I just added another option to the poll.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2010, 05:09:12 am »
It showed too in his iridology,
Where did you get the iridology reading done?
Cheers
Al

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2010, 06:09:25 am »
Where did you get the iridology reading done?

A young man (an iridologist) did it.  I forget his name at the moment.  Son had it done earlier too, by one woman one place, one in another.  I don't think you'd know them.  My eyes looked pretty bad though, iridologically.  I didn't take that seriously though, as I felt as good as ever.  Plus I thought I was eating healthy, I was vegan and no junk food.  This was before he got sick.  We got one for a very minor cough he had for a while, the other two he had because we liked it, just check ups.  Do you think his eyes could have changed in that way?  I mean, he hasn't gotten any vaccines since then.  I imagine dyes from tests and stuff may show something like vaccines? 

I kind of hate medicine.  The tests he's gotten, some have showed things wrong, but it seems they didn't use that stuff to help him.  Like some weird thing on his bone, they found it, but didn't suggest any course of action for that, even though they had ample opportunity, we asked, we were there, they were there, this was over a course of time.  Etc.  Maybe aajonus will say something about the bone if we can get over to him.  I don't think it's anything like bone cancer, nor a break and not a hole or anything like that.  I guess it will be fine the way it is. 

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2010, 07:48:49 pm »
I wonder if they could regrow...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk