Author Topic: I did it and Im scared...  (Read 14778 times)

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
I did it and Im scared...
« on: December 19, 2010, 09:04:32 pm »
Today I Woke up at 10, juiced some carrots ate em and went to school.
After School to the gym after gym home some water relax....
Then I ate 100 gram of raw beef and now Im freaking scared and waiting to see what gona be  -\

Its filled me up a little bit I feel no need to eat the taste was a little bit fatty salty and some kind of light iron taste.
Im scared of fungis and bacteria fuck im going to drink 1 huge shot of squeezed lemon I am going through terrifying moments right now.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
Re: I did it and Im scared...
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 09:11:25 pm »
Carrots are covered in bacteria as well. better make it a double.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 09:47:49 pm »
Carrots are covered in bacteria as well. better make it a double.
:) I'm a little bit proud of my self but on the other hand its my first time and I Don't know what to wait for .
How did you react in the very first time you tried raw meat ? I also had some gag reflex while eating it.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 09:55:21 pm »
:) I'm a little bit proud of my self but on the other hand its my first time and I Don't know what to wait for .
How did you react in the very first time you tried raw meat ? I also had some gag reflex while eating it.
I got round it, right at the start, by buying raw minced beef. The raw minced beef looked just like the raw steak tartare I used to eat a lot of in European restaurants, so I didn't mind it so much.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 10:11:36 pm »
i tend to think about things for months, so when i actually (finally) ate the raw meat for the first time i was committed to trying it so i just ate and carried on as usual.  not long after, a cooked steak looked ruined to me.  oh, you can dry it out a little by leaving it uncovered in the fridge for a day.  the outside will dry out, and maybe that dryer texture will help with gag reflex?

if it makes you feel any better i've been eating my raw dog food organ mix that i'm guessing is not handled with the same care as human food?.. idk.  i love it though. 

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2010, 11:36:43 pm »
Wow its was quick the meat disapeard within 1 hour its digestion time amazed me !
This was my first time 100gram of beef. I think Im going to do this once every weak and slightly increase the ammount? maybe within a year i'll start loving the taste??

What I need now is get some raw paleo books to educate my self so I dont ask dumb quetions.
I was thinking about AV book we want to live will it be good enough for me to cover the basics of raw paleo???

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2010, 06:08:26 am »
Most of us are scared at first, I started 6 months ago. I used to cover the meat in appleCV, to mitigate my fears of cooties.
Now I eat about 5 pounds of beef without any seasonings every week plus fish, I love it.
I agree with Ioanna, cooked meat looks ruined when it is all dry like that, even rare steak.
I find that it makes me sick and I get nothing out of it.
Yuli and a few others still eat cooked meat though  -v

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2010, 08:28:01 am »
I was thinking about AV book we want to live will it be good enough for me to cover the basics of raw paleo???

I could have written all of everyone's answers above.  I had most of the same experiences.  I will say WW2L is great, it definitely helped me get started.  The first half is more like a novel, and second half takes it from there, but it has a lot of helpful information in it.  I recommend it to you, and also warn it teaches good things about milk and juice and not using whole vegetables.  So it doesn't necessarily lead you to do a typical paleo diet.  It's a good book to read though.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2010, 08:42:24 am »
Wow its was quick the meat disapeard within 1 hour its digestion time amazed me !
This was my first time 100gram of beef. I think Im going to do this once every weak and slightly increase the ammount? maybe within a year i'll start loving the taste??

What I need now is get some raw paleo books to educate my self so I dont ask dumb quetions.

Yes, it is amazing how easily we digest raw meat.

To give you an idea, I'm 5'5" and I eat some 600 grams of animal food a day.

If you do not eat any other cooked food, you will like raw meat.

And you should buy from several sources of raw meat so you can taste what you like and buy what you like.

It's okay to ask dumb questions.

There is a newbie section in this forum.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2010, 08:53:32 am »
But yes I agree when its dry and leather like it IS  -v  but people that make it that way don't know what they are missing dammit....
When I have the perfect rare steak in all its warm and juicy glory I almost get an orgasm, lol, so yeah I'll probably never loose the taste for that.  :'(

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2010, 09:14:53 am »
But yes I agree when its dry and leather like it IS  -v  but people that make it that way don't know what they are missing dammit....
When I have the perfect rare steak in all its warm and juicy glory I almost get an orgasm, lol, so yeah I'll probably never loose the taste for that.  :'(

Whoa... orgasmic steak?! I might just have to dust off the old frying pan!
Just kidding... fuck that.. are you crazy? LOL
Do you ever have trouble digesting the cooked steak? Or any ill effects other than a ruined pair of pants? :P

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2010, 09:47:22 am »
Whoa... orgasmic steak?! I might just have to dust off the old frying pan!
Just kidding... fuck that.. are you crazy? LOL
Do you ever have trouble digesting the cooked steak? Or any ill effects other than a ruined pair of pants? :P

Bah ha ha ha, "trouble digesting a cooked steak"??? Not unless you find being satisfied and very full trouble. At times I like the nice heaviness I get in my stomach from a seared steak....but then again I am pretty good at digesting things....I guess... I never have trouble digesting it unless I eat it with a bunch of other foods at the same time in one meal, if I had trouble digesting any meat thats not completely incinerated I would be pretty pissed though cause sometimes I choose raw meat sometimes rare but I like to be able to choose. I get the same effect from it as when I eat it raw except more heavy and relax-inducing (must be those wonderful opiods I am high on), and since my stomach incinerates cooked meat with the speed of light sometimes I welcome the heaviness for a change now and then.
What you mean by ruined pants?  :P You get diarrhea from it?? Then if you do don`t eat it of course, but for me its a very foody food full of foody foodiness.

PS. Don`t dust off the frying pan that won`t make it orgasmic...dust of your firepit instead, thats how I make it in the summer, I have an iron firepit on my deck and fancy poking a piece of meat in it. Frying pan is meh....bleh....

PPS. in above sentence i meant "and since my stomach incinerates RAW meat with the speed of light..."
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 09:59:46 am by yuli »

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2010, 10:24:17 am »
When I have the perfect rare steak in all its warm and juicy glory I almost get an orgasm
any ill effects other than a ruined pair of pants? :P
What you mean by ruined pants?
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2010, 10:30:38 am »
Oh duh I really fell into that one! ><

But notice I said "almost"... ha ha

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2010, 11:28:19 am »
LOL thanks miles

PS. Don`t dust off the frying pan that won`t make it orgasmic...dust of your firepit instead, thats how I make it in the summer, I have an iron firepit on my deck and fancy poking a piece of meat in it. Frying pan is meh....bleh....

I guess I should stay open to at least rare steak..
Meat opioids sound like something to experiment with.They have got to feel awesome and for a reason.
What kind of wood do you use? I imagine the kind at the market is bunk

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2010, 12:02:44 pm »
I guess I should stay open to at least rare steak..
Meat opioids sound like something to experiment with.They have got to feel awesome and for a reason.
What kind of wood do you use? I imagine the kind at the market is bunk

Well if you try it then don't be holding me responsible if you get sick from it....or if you ruin your pants :/
Any wood you can get that has not been chemically treated is fine, but some give extra flavor, like apple wood, cherry or hickory.
We have much wood around the house and every summer either the cherry or apple trees decide they wanna grow their way to China so we chop some off. The cherry ones nice. You can order any type of wood but in the summer, which is when you may wanna do this just chop some off when no ones looking......shhhhhh!....

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2010, 01:10:54 pm »
HAHA thanks.. I will try to hold it in,
It may be hard cuz i will be using mesquite, this may make mesquite impossible to keep in LOL
anyway... good job achillezzz, get ready for weak people to start calling you a lunatic

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2010, 07:40:44 pm »
lol, I remember the first time I ate raw meat... I put a TON of chilly that my mouth went numb. Good times!

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2010, 08:10:15 pm »
lol, I remember the first time I ate raw meat... I put a TON of chilly that my mouth went numb. Good times!

I used cayenne pepper, raw garlic, black pepper, raw onions and other raw spices in huge amounts at first, but quickly realised that I should only use much smaller amounts so as to ease my digestion. I didn't lay off the raw garlic, though, until something like a year(?) or so into the diet.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2010, 08:26:11 pm »
I didn’t spice it at all from the start. The first couple of weeks I ate it because I was hungry but it tasted bland, probably in part because I was used to eat everything salted and spiced. Then I learned that meat usually tastes a lot better once aged. Now, occasionally I like it rather fresh as well, depending on the meat. Years ago, I used to find fresh wild kangaroo meat vacuum packed; it was so appealing that I gobbled it just as I unpacked it.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2010, 01:29:38 am »
I had 1-2kgs fresh topside of beef plain unseasoned the very first time I tried raw meat and it was the nicest thing I ever tasted.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2010, 01:51:54 am »

Were you vegetarian before, Miles?
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2010, 02:16:08 am »
Nah I was cooked paleo.

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2010, 05:09:28 pm »
Its been a week since my last time I tried it.

Yesterday I ate 12Raw eggs + 1 Huge raw beef steak.

I felt little bit slow and some dizziness and wasnt hungry after my workout I drank some tea and was relaxed???..

But why do I feel some kind of dizziness after raw animal food?

The taste I still cant understand how someone can love it I mean it had no taste nothing only the fatie parts and disgusting but the lean cuts dont smeel dont taste numb meat.

Anyway this is my second time eating raw meat Im still a little bit scared of parasite issues and stuff like that this is why I didnt drink water for 2 hours after eating it .

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2010, 10:03:25 pm »
Yesterday I ate 12Raw eggs + 1 Huge raw beef steak.
Have you eaten the eggs and meat separately? The whole eggs or only the yolks?
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk